Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President (1278 Views)

Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ / Video: Ohaneze President's Speech At Chatham House- 'IPOB Proscription Unlawful' / Southern Cameroun Joins IPOB In Biafra Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by frankdoz: 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
THE President General of the apex
Igbo social-cultural organisation,
Ohanaeze Ndigbo, John Nwodo,
has said the pro-Biafra agitators,
Indigenous People of Biafra,IPOB
and MASSOB, by virtue of his
position, are his children, and for
this reason, if need be, he might
even die for Ndigbo.
He said: “As President General of
Ohanaeze, I intend to extend my
warm hand of paternity to IPOB
and MASSOB. They are my
children. I shall never desert
them. Their struggle is my
struggle even if we do not
completely agree with their
methods.” Nwodo stated this at a
press conference held at
Ohanaeze National Secretariat,
Enugu. He said that in warfare,
there are two types of
approaches, coercion and
diplomacy but that he would toe
the path of diplomacy to achieve
their objective. He acknowledged
that the Igbo people are
marginalised in Nigeria in various
ramifications but stated that since
Buhari has extended his hands of
fellowship to the Ohanaeze
leadership, he would meet with
him to discuss cause. Nwodo,
however, said that Ndigbo should
not lament their woes but think
home like the Jews in order to
survive at all odds.

“My people, the time for
lamentation is over. Our continued
cry of marginalisation has become
stale. No one is listening to us
anymore,” Nwodo noted and said
that Ndigbo should be more
resourceful and invest in Igboland
for them to prosper in the face of
neglect. Adopts Igbo Editors In
another development, the apex
Igbo organisation is set to amend
its constitution to make room for
the formation of youths and
women wings of the organisation,
the President General said.
According to Nwodo, Ohanaeze
had made it compulsory for
governors of Igbo states to attend
the Ime Obi (inner caucus)
meetings of Ohanaeze to ensure
that Igbo people speak with one
voice on issues affecting them in
the country. “When the Yoruba
meet, they do so with their
governors and former governors
and other leaders. All Igbo Editors
of national newspapers are also to
become automatic members of
Ime Obi of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.”
According to him, “There is no
reason why we cannot recognise
our editors, who have been found
worthy to edit national
newspapers in this country
We have to accord them their due
respect.” Group urges support for
new leadership Meantime, the
South-East Revival Group, SERG,
has called on all Igbo leaders to
support the new leadership of
Ohanaeze Ndigbo, urging those in
court to withdraw their matter and
embrace the Chief Nwodo
leadership in the interest of unity
of purpose.
SERG spoke while reacting to the
inaugural speech of the new
president who extended a hand of
fellowship to all Igbo sons and
daughters to join his inclusive
leadership. Their reaction was
contained in a statement signed
by its National Coordinator, Chief
Willy Ezugwu, which also warned
saboteurs that the era of using
Ohanaeze as a meal ticket is over
for good. http://www.may30.org/i-shall-never-abandon-biafra-agitators-their-struggle-is-my-struggle-ohanaeze-president/

1 Like

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by DozieInc(m): 10:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
One voice
Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Biafra struggle is for all lovers of freedom
It's for all lovers of liberty
Lovers of equity
Lovers of justice
Lovers of fairness

Biafra is home to greatness
Land of my fathers
Home of the brave and courageous

Biafra is in me
What of you? cool

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by funlord(m): 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:
Biafra struggle is for all lovers of freedom
It's for all lovers of liberty
Lovers of equity
Lovers of justice
Lovers of fairness

Biafra is home to greatness
Land of my fathers
Home of the brave and courageous

Biafra is in me
What of you? cool

grin

Aha....its one of them...the lost jews from aba also known as ipob touts!

I heard you chaps may be needing my help? Well guess what...I SEND YOU NOT!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
funlord:

grin

They shall not come near me
Only shall I behold and see the reward of the wicked
The ones who pray for my downfall
The ones whose sole aim in life is to spite me
I shall behold and see their reward

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by Ganiyat72(f): 11:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
funlord:

grin

What the matter with some of you? The dude u quoted aired his views and what he believe in without involving or insulting any tribe. So why don't u stay on ur own lane?, must u quote him/her with ur meaningless jagon. Live and let live, everyone cannot share thesame view about life.

While some of you has vow to die as one nigerianist, some has shosen to walk away. Create a nation of like mind where they will possue their God given destiny unhindered without having their lives cut shut by those lunatics who believed their god must be defended by mare motals. So why don't u respect their right to live the way they want and also live urs the way u want?

You people are making it appear as if the lives of other ethnic nationalities in this country is tied to the apron of iboes and hence cannot suvive without them. There's life before the amalgamation of this country and there will be life after the ibos might have gone. We should purge our selves of this fear factor, of what will be the fate of nigeria after the departure of ibos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by zendy: 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nice one from John Nnia Nwodo. However, Igbos have moved past any cry of marginalisation. How can the great Igbo nation be crying about marginalisation when a small nation Gambia with just a population 1.8 million people (probably the population of the city of Enugu) is an independent nation?

Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by Sirjamo: 11:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
You can start by ordering all your so called children out of every other part of Nigeria.
Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by Ganiyat72(f): 12:08am On Jan 25, 2017
Sirjamo:
You can start by ordering all your so called children out of every other part of Nigeria.

Is your life tied to the apron of ibos?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by mykeljosef: 12:25am On Jan 25, 2017
ahhh..yes Biafra os your struggled

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by LoveMachine(m): 3:03am On Jan 25, 2017
There may be promise in Ohaneze afterall. He's talking what I like to hear. I'm anxious to see the developments of this man's tenure. He seems to have vision and not just want to line his pockets. JISIKE!
Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by funlord(m): 4:37am On Jan 25, 2017
grin
Ganiyat72:

What the matter with some of you? The dude u quoted aired his views and what he believe in without involving or insulting any tribe. So why don't u stay on ur own lane?, must u quote him/her with ur meaningless jagon. Live and let live, everyone cannot share thesame view about life.

While some of you has vow to die as one nigerianist, some has shosen to walk away. Create a nation of like mind where they will possue their God given destiny unhindered without having their lives cut shut by those lunatics who believed their god must be defended by mare motals. So why don't u respect their right to live the way they want and also live urs the way u want?

You people are making it appear as if the lives of other ethnic nationalities in this country is tied to the apron of iboes and hence cannot suvive without them. There's life before the amalgamation of this country and there will be life after the ibos might have gone. We should purge our selves of this fear factor, of what will be the fate of nigeria after the departure of ibos.

Cry me a river!

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by Eastactivist: 5:24am On Jan 25, 2017
I love the man's vision...

It is high time Igbos had been on same page, and he knows how to do it...
Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:27am On Jan 25, 2017
Yea the resistance must be real. Restructure Nigeria or we break up.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by OmidinaKayode: 7:42am On Jan 25, 2017
funlord:

grin

our yoruba muslim skulls must continue to pray to Allah that Trump hates Biafra and embraced our yoruba muslim skulls. grin grin

Insha Allahu! Amin kufayakun!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Struggle Is My Struggled- Ohaneze President by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:07am On Jan 25, 2017
This is a very commendable statement. I was very happy the day Ohaneze produced this man as their President.

The Igbo nation need a unity to forge a common front. They should be bold enough to make their position very audible to a deaf ear.
I am one of those that is highly frustrated with a united Nigeria. Truth is that our country has become difficult to manage. I have heard lots of people compare us with other well populated countries like China and US. But they fail to understand that different people with different color, mentality or orientation exist there.

You say our population is our strength, are you stronger than Austria or other less populated countries in Europe? Even Ghana is already overtaking us. The earlier we understand that our population does no good to us the better for us. What matters is the patriotism, the believe and the common objective.

I repeat what I have always said " Either we restructure or we break up. QED

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Let Us Stop This Hate Enough Is Enough. / If Igbo Proof Jew And Certified What Constitutional Right Nigeria Have To Stop.. / UNFORTUNATE: 7 Ways Goodluck Jonathan Disappointed Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.