Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa (43326 Views)

Malawian Prostitute Disgraces Man Publicly For Refusing To Pay After Sex. Photo / Man Asks Lady To Return Iphone He Bought For Refusing To Date Him After 2 Months / Controversial New S*x Position Men Are Refusing To Try Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 10:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
vislabraye:
Doesn't she also visit him? It seemed as if its only the guy doing the loving.

She did. In fact, they alternated the visits. But because she did not have a car and the guy did, he felt it was easier for him to do more trips. Don't forget, they were still at the 'toasting' stage, so he felt he had to prove his interest and go the extra mile to show he was serious. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by overtlyderanged: 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
Naijasinglegirl, the last paragraph contradicts the main subject of the narrative. Decent writing though smiley
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Mrval20(m): 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
I hope people living at Epe are not part of the Island crew though cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by engrhorla(m): 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
hedonistic:

Lol, well. I exempted satellite towns sha. Though I agree with your examples.

Kubwa & Asokoro is just 25minutes apart except you mean Kubwa village!

Your example should have been Karu & Bwari grin
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2017
Mrval20:
I hope people living at Epe are not part of the Island crew though cheesy cheesy cheesy

Before, nko? Na which side you wan put them? They are part of the Lagos Island 'suburb' crew.
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
grin different fefol diffrent problems, dis world is indeed fascinating.

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by toogbasky(m): 11:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nor be our fault ooooo, dating a gurl in mainland is dsame as a long distance relationship, I nor just fit
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by kzubyar(m): 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
LegalBaby:
What kind of dance is that on your DP grin
the relationship between island,lowland and middle land......hahahhahaha
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by aamstih: 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
What are the best locations to live in lagos if your office is around Allen in Ikeja.

Criteria to be considered include:

Proximity to workplace
Serene Ambience
Affordability of a bedroom apartment at a good rate.

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by IsheriNorthGRA: 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
aamstih:
What are the best locations to live in lagos if your office is around Allen in Ikeja.

Criteria to be considered include:

Proximity to workplace
Serene Ambience
Affordability of a bedroom apartment at a good rate.

Isheri North GRA is just 10 minutes drive away from Alausa, Ikeja, with affordable new apartments. The Isheri Estates Community will also be best part of Lagos mainland in few years to come. Contact me if you'll like to come and see.

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by JennieCutie4U(f): 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
lol...funny comments. Nice piece babe nd I can relate so well nd I just don't care about the island guys anymore, their belittling, humiliating and intimidating attitude is just too much like say island na heaven. no mind dem jare nd live ur life
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by aamstih: 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2017
Thanks for your prompt reply.

how much would a bedroom flat cost?

Whats the transport fare from there to Allen?

IsheriNorthGRA:

Isheri North GRA is just 10 minutes drive away from Alausa, Ikeja, with affordable new apartments. The Isheri Estates Community will also be best part of Lagos mainland in few years to come. Contact me if you'll like to come and see.
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 03, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:

Excuse me? Can I give you a ride home?”
OGA DO YOU KNOW WHERE MY HOUSE IS?
I think the ride thing is the other way round...
See aunty you cannot be single forever, I've never been to ikorodu in my life, let's go out nau cheesy
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by eghuan1(m): 12:07am On Feb 03, 2017
IsheriNorthGRA:

Correct me if am wrong o, is Isheri North not in Ogun state? Is that not around Channels TV station is?
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Ademoore07(m): 5:37am On Feb 03, 2017
Udochee:
can't help but laff...some of us that are living in mowe-ofada and claiming lasgidi nko...

U mean, redemption Camp? grin grin grin
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by fabulousvik1(m): 5:43am On Feb 03, 2017
i am not understanding
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Malayy(m): 6:24am On Feb 03, 2017
Nowenuse:

Abuja is still expanding, very soon it may be worse than Lagos.
Ppl in Abuja satelite towns (even in Nasarawa and Niger state) also claim Abuja too afterall.
Abuja has a better road network though, which will still make it somehow better than Lag.
my uncle who lives at gwagwalada, kaduna road, claims abuja. not until I visited him..

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 03, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
I am not sorry I don’t live on the Island. And I don’t live on the mainland either. I live around the ‘extra lands’ off the mainland and when I tell people my location, toasters to be specific, they be like, “Too bad!”
As if Ambode is not the governor in my area.

Boys are willing to do London/Lagos long distance relationships but cannot do common Ikorodu/Ikoyi relationships.
No boy even wants to do Uber for you from your location to a first date meeting on the Island because the cost of a trip is God is Good Motors rate from Lagos to Abia.
You mention where you are living to a prospective toaster and the next thing he says is, “The last time I visited there was 2002.”
Oga who asked you?

A ‘toaster’ would mention an event/party that took place on the island and when you express your disappointment on why you were not invited, he’ll say, “But you are in town now.”
Excuse me?

The worst of them are the ones that offer free lifts. You’d be minding your business at a bus stop on the Island, patiently waiting for an Oshodi bound vehicle so you can take a BRT from Oshodi to Agbado Ijaiye and later the 20 minutes okada ride from the bus stop at Agbado Ijaiye to your own Lagos when a guy in a camry would pull up and say, “Can I give you a ride home?”
OGA DO YOU KNOW WHERE MY HOUSE IS?

Sometimes I mention where I am headed and the manner they zoom off is disrespectful.
The time I was stupid enough to accept to be dropped along the way, I regretted. For some of the spoilt Island boys, along the way means the second curve along third mainland bridge or sometimes an unnamed location where you’d wait for a vehicle for one hour and have no choice but to start returning to the bus stop because your routes have been messed up.

Even people living in lbeju Lekki and Ajah outskirts are joining to discriminate mainland people with talks of, “The only thing that takes me to the mainland is the airport”
Ko serious.
At least I don’t have to cross the Atlantic Ocean, queue at four toll gates and pass eight roundabouts before I get home.

You know the most annoying part? The husband materials in these bush areas have refused to date their own. All their girlfriends are based on the Island. Issokay.

hahahahhaahhahahahaha...I can't just stop laughing. chai
! eyah! pele koh.

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/apparently-single-dont-live-island/
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Acidosis(m): 7:06am On Feb 03, 2017
Those discriminating obviously have not been to many places in Nigeria. The entire route from Berger stretched to Lekki is less than an hour (without the heavy traffic and delays).

Same with Ikorodu, I've always thought Ikorodu is one far place until the day I found myself there. The way people talk about that route seemed like it will take forever or at least 4 hours to get there. Alas, I spent just an hour and few minutes all the way from Ojodu Berger.

We always love to exaggerate things here. Those who discriminate of course are plainly being stu.pid, I really do not see any reason why a normal human being will discriminate/segregate two distinct places separated by a bridge. Isn't that cra.zy?

2 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2017
In December last year when we had our university class reunion at a hotel in Ajah (Island), some of our mates on Mainland did not come on the ground that Ajah is too far and some of us from the Island influenced the choice of venue (which is not true). They also forgot that the venue for prior year was Ikeja, and we Island people did not complain

Meanwhile, while our Mainland members complained, people came from Abuja and Ibadan.

4 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Its only in lagos u go see a girl wey him family never enter mr biggs before,go dey dictate the most expensive eatery she wanna go.

2 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Acidosis:
Those discriminating obviously have not been to many places in Nigeria. The entire route from Berger stretched to Lekki is less than an hour (without the heavy traffic and delays).

Same with Ikorodu, I've always thought Ikorodu is one far place until the day I found myself there. The way people talk about that route seemed like it will take forever or at least 4 hours to get there. Alas, I spent just an hour and few minutes all the way from Ojodu Berger.

We always love to exaggerate things here. Those who discriminate of course are plainly being stu.pid, I really do not see any reason why a normal human being will discriminate/segregate two distinct places separated by a bridge. Isn't that cra.zy?

On which exact day of the week did you make this journey, biko? And at what time of the day? Because these routes you mentioned have been baptised with heavy dose of traffic and lawless drivers, from a long way back till date. Weekdays are a no-go area, and the only time I have had a traffic-free experience was on a Sunday or public holiday, between the hours of 10a.m and 3p.m

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Wolfbrother(m): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Men are willing to travel great distances if the punna is worth it, maybe this is a woman problem ..... most times sha the women come to us (island) so its not really an issue
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by olorius1(m): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2017
Ikorodu is just too far from the island...thats how I left ajah for ikorodu to visit a friend at about 3pm and ended up getting to my destination at 11:30pm...

Am not a Lagosian tho...only went there for a vacation at that time... grin
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Boyooosa(m): 7:57am On Feb 03, 2017
WARISDIS?
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by enniewest(f): 8:03am On Feb 03, 2017
sparkleRed:

I will slap u now oo angry
oya come and slap me undecided
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by enniewest(f): 8:07am On Feb 03, 2017
swagkingcole:
Wetin concern you?
:-/
You nko? undecided
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by enniewest(f): 8:09am On Feb 03, 2017
tens4real:
Where do. You live?
where do you live?
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by tens4real(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2017
enniewest:
where do you live?
oniru estate... You?
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Swissheart(f): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2017
Baa-aa-ad girl!! cheesy grin cheesy Did you tell Saka that the only reason you reconsidered his application, was due to proximity (i.e. the fact that he lived on the next street)?

Tell him ke.... No ,I didn't o
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Mrval20(m): 8:38am On Feb 03, 2017
laudate:

Before, nko? Na which side you wan put them? They are part of the Lagos Island 'suburb' crew.
grin grin Truth is, I don't see anyone living beyond Ajah roundabout as part of the Island Crew; myself inclusive tongue

*I bet you understand what I mean by the "Island Crew" though "

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? / Guys Beware: Too Many Runs Girls Nowadays. / What Qualities Can A Man Possess To Attract Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.