Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s (44255 Views)

How School Boys Used To Write Letters To Girls In The 60s,70s & 80s. / How School Boys Used To Write Letters To Girls In Those Good, Old Days! / How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s (hilarious) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Emma003: 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
... High School,
P. O. BOX ...
....... ..........
8TH JUNE, 1972
Dear Titi,

Time and ability plus double capacity has forced my pen to dance automatically on this benedicted sheet of paper. I hope you're swimming in the wonderful pool of Mr. Health there. I am also palambulating in the cool breeze of wellness here.
Sweetie pie, the reason why this miraculous thing is happening is because, honey, I love you spontaneously, and as I stand horizontally parallel to the wall and vertically perpendicular to the ground now, I only think of you, since you are a fantastic and fabulous girl put together as fantabulous.

I implore you to decipher this my anthem of love oozing out from the innermost pendulum of my thoraxial cavity.

Darling, please stop haranguing with the feelings in my heart because I love you more than a snake loves rat.

To me each day I start by dreaming of you. Each time I see you my metabolism suddenly halts and my peristalsis goes in reverse gear. My medula oblangata also ceases functioning.

Crazy, crazy, crazy you may say but this is verily veritable. If only you knew what is going on in my encephalon you would prostrate. That's why I need to see you vis a vis soon for a better elucidation through tete a tete. No hyperbole & onomatopoeia, simple candidness.
Only u and me are protagonists in this subtle affair. As I cogitate and ruminate over the last episode, I genuflex before the Omnipotent and implore him to let this affair emulsify.

By the way, I was bamboozled, scintilated, exhilarated, and left in a state of prolonged euphoria by the contents of your missive which was quite edifying and exhalting. It left my bio-chemistry in a paradise-like equilibrium.
Empirically speaking, I love u chemically... I don't ever want to see gloom and doom looming over your angelic live portrait. Let my appellation be scribbled across your heart, with indelible ink. If any boy tries to ask for your companionship, tell him that u are leased and caveated.

I think I have to pen off here, because I still haven't finished studying electrolysis polymerization. But before I evaporate, I like to revitalize your memory with those encapsulating lyrics which proclaim that catarrh is my butter, your piss is my mimbo, the world's greatest lover is me.
Catch you later. Sleep tight and don't let those bed bugs bite you because you are too sweet for them. Goodbye for now.
Your slave in love, your pillow, your cushion.
Segun.

126 Likes 35 Shares

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Tastemoney(m): 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
Great

3 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
Hehehehe. Old school lapel.
Nowadays, abbreviation ti take over.
Some would even say, who grammar epp.

39 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by DozieInc(m): 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
Haahaaah.
So true, the girl would need a dictionary by her side to decipher his dictions.
Such things do make their heads swoon in those days

21 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by laudate: 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2017
You forgot to add that they would spray perfume on the letter and some guys would even put a rose or some other flower inside the envelope, to impress the lady. My uncles told me this! cheesy

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Kowor(f): 4:04am On Jan 27, 2017
BleSSedMee:

3 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 27, 2017
OMO, see English ;DOMO
50% of girls nowadays won't understand what's written there.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by LordIsaac(m): 6:33am On Jan 27, 2017
I missed those days, when marriage had a concrete foundation! Today's marriages are idleness, mascara and bum bum inspired. You wonder why divorce is on the increase?

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Psychologist90(m): 8:37am On Jan 27, 2017
You are very right jare.
I hope we can all go back to writing plainly and clearly without having difficulty in deciphering these abbreviations.
BleSSedMee:

4 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Sharon6(f): 8:51am On Jan 27, 2017
True!

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by geostrata(m): 8:51am On Jan 27, 2017
cheesy

U forget to use spit seal the letter cheesy cheesy

I go use this format get that gal wey dy sell pepper for my area, her yanga don too much dis days, i will be innovative and write my letter on tissue papper angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by mizzyboi14: 8:51am On Jan 27, 2017
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by timmycris(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2017
too long to read

1 Like

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Jaytecq(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2017
that looks more like my old skool teacher's written
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by ileogbenfidel(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2017
E don tay wey man don dey pursue woman through any means sha

3 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by soberdrunk(m): 8:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Ladies of nowadays cant relate to this, the language most of them understand is sharwamah, movies, shopping and i-phone angry angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by baski92(m): 8:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Letter hmm litter ni, I have never written a love letter in my life. Thank God for technology
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by emeijeh(m): 8:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Op, you forgot to include Ditto

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Desdola(m): 8:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Who we go ask if the letter is true?
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by babsola35(m): 8:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Gone are those days,even some of my own letters almost put me for gbege

1 Like

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Lasskeey: 8:53am On Jan 27, 2017
grin
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2017
I miss d good old days...
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Fiwasayo(f): 8:54am On Jan 27, 2017
And the girl will just be smiling all through whilst reading it grin

7 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2017
and they will be telling us, "During our own time...... " mtcheeew

Holy sinners

1 Like

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by tayo4ng(m): 8:55am On Jan 27, 2017
nice one
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2017
laudate:
You forgot to add that they would spray perfume on the letter and some guys would even put a rose or some other flower inside the envelope, to impress the lady. My uncles told me this! cheesy
its a lie you use to do ot cheesy grin cheesy wink wink
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2017
Hehehe, e don tey wey person write letter

I remember when we suppose write letter for Yoruba language for WAEC and me no sabi but the guy next to me just dey flow dey go and me dey copy dey go

"Bawo ni ore mi, ise nko? Se alaafia wa?"

Na so d guy notice say my eyes won fry him paper, him come cover am, fall my hand and I never reach d body of the letter! Na so me just jump go d end of the letter

"Ore e too to"

The "F" wey dem nak me na everlasting
grin grin grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

... I hope this letter meet you in good state; if so DOXOLOGY grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by xynerise: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2017
No "Ditto"? grin

1 Like

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by BabaAlabi: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2017
27th Jan 2017,
Dear Titi,
Your bumbum is bigger than bombay.

36 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Sits On Her Fiancé's Shoulder In Colourful Pre-Wedding Pictures / South African Twins Wed Same Lady / Another Husband-to-be Grabs Wife-to-be Butt In Prewedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.