Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s (44276 Views)

How School Boys Used To Write Letters To Girls In The 60s,70s & 80s. / How School Boys Used To Write Letters To Girls In Those Good, Old Days! / How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s (hilarious) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2017
This one just finish English for this letter. shocked shocked
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by TruthFM(m): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2017
Street ti take over.

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by princeakins(m): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2017
grin
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Young03(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
Na ds kind letter FFK use win bianca heart dt yr
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Ginaz(f): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
I remembered my first love letter gotten from a guy, I was 11. He was just jabbing nonsense and would always wait for me on my way coming from school.

I told my uncle that a guy won't let me rest, he knew him. My uncle went to see him and gave him serious warning. I thought I would be free but to my horror I got another letter the next day saying and I quote, "nothing will stop my love for you", I love you".

I was like... what!!!!!!!!

Seriously it was fun those letter days. grin

5 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by yedidiah(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
Once upon a time, before Life took away our innocence.

Nowadays, one of the easiest things to do is get a girlfriend; it is even easier to lose her.

1 Like

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
Good old days grin

Na for bottom of our cloths we dey keep this kind letters grin grin grin

Read am for midnight cry small, kiss am then put am back. Chai Tammy do me something grin

5 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Elfaris(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
Emma003:
... High School,
P. O. BOX ...
....... ..........
8TH JUNE, 1972
Dear Titi,

Time and ability plus double capacity has forced my pen to dance automatically on this benedicted sheet of paper. I hope you're swimming in the wonderful pool of Mr. Health there. I am also palambulating in the cool breeze of wellness here.
Sweetie pie, the reason why this miraculous thing is happening is because, honey, I love you spontaneously, and as I stand horizontally parallel to the wall and vertically perpendicular to the ground now, I only think of you, since you are a fantastic and fabulous girl put together as fantabulous.

I implore you to decipher this my anthem of love oozing out from the innermost pendulum of my thoraxial cavity.

Darling, please stop haranguing with the feelings in my heart because I love you more than a snake loves rat.

To me each day I start by dreaming of you. Each time I see you my metabolism suddenly halts and my peristalsis goes in reverse gear. My medula oblangata also ceases functioning.

Crazy, crazy, crazy you may say but this is verily veritable. If only you knew what is going on in my encephalon you would prostrate. That's why I need to see you vis a vis soon for a better elucidation through tete a tete. No hyperbole & onomatopoeia, simple candidness.
Only u and me are protagonists in this subtle affair. As I cogitate and ruminate over the last episode, I genuflex before the Omnipotent and implore him to let this affair emulsify.

By the way, I was bamboozled, scintilated, exhilarated, and left in a state of prolonged euphoria by the contents of your missive which was quite edifying and exhalting. It left my bio-chemistry in a paradise-like equilibrium.
Empirically speaking, I love u chemically... I don't ever want to see gloom and doom looming over your angelic live portrait. Let my appellation be scribbled across your heart, with indelible ink. If any boy tries to ask for your companionship, tell him that u are leased and caveated.

I think I have to pen off here, because I still haven't finished studying electrolysis polymerization. But before I evaporate, I like to revitalize your memory with those encapsulating lyrics which proclaim that catarrh is my butter, your piss is my mimbo, the world's greatest lover is me.
Catch you later. Sleep tight and don't let those bed bugs bite you because you are too sweet for them. Goodbye for now.
Your slave in love, your pillow, your cushion.
Segun.
oh boy this wan go spin the girl head..... Nowadays shorthand don take over.
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by nlanded: 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
Back then this taught kids how to be eloquent with written English and brought out a lot of lexical creativity, and that was a good thing, not like now when a University student can't even compose one sentence of error free good English.

2 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by JennieCutie4U(f): 8:58am On Jan 27, 2017
interesting!
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 27, 2017
Nma27:
I miss d good old days...

shocked are you that old?
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 27, 2017
E no still mean say hin kolobi, headache even worry me as I been dey read am,the girl probably fainted out of exhaustion
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by femi4: 9:02am On Jan 27, 2017
BleSSedMee:
Hehehehe. Old school lapel.

Nowadays, abbreviation ti take over.

Some would even say, who grammar epp.
Those days when your grammar could get you any girl
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by ahamonyeka(m): 9:03am On Jan 27, 2017
Girls of today no send your English o nna your pocket dey understand.
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by JennieCutie4U(f): 9:03am On Jan 27, 2017
and did I just read "your catarrh is my butter, your piss is my mimbo"... eewww, dis one is really drunk in love. such love don't exist dese days. No it doesn't! and ladies don't care dese days about such long boring letters.
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by pelumi10: 9:03am On Jan 27, 2017
Lol..........See Grammar!

Check out My Short Story Titled "Pay Back"

He pulled her up gently, she looked at him and gave a faint smile "I never knew you will bring me pain one day, I have never thought that you will be the reason for my death" she said as she gave up the ghost....

Read Full Story Here
https://www.nairaland.com/3592700/pay-back-short-story
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by adioolayi(m): 9:05am On Jan 27, 2017
That kind letter wey you go write, the lady go come call her friends come dey discuss your matter for class grin grin
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nature8(m): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2017
Emma003:
... High School,
P. O. BOX ...
....... ..........
8TH JUNE, 1972
Dear Titi,

Time and ability plus double capacity has forced my pen to dance automatically on this benedicted sheet of paper. I hope you're swimming in the wonderful pool of Mr. Health there. I am also palambulating in the cool breeze of wellness here.
Sweetie pie, the reason why this miraculous thing is happening is because, honey, I love you spontaneously, and as I stand horizontally parallel to the wall and vertically perpendicular to the ground now, I only think of you, since you are a fantastic and fabulous girl put together as fantabulous.

I implore you to decipher this my anthem of love oozing out from the innermost pendulum of my thoraxial cavity.

Darling, please stop haranguing with the feelings in my heart because I love you more than a snake loves rat.

To me each day I start by dreaming of you. Each time I see you my metabolism suddenly halts and my peristalsis goes in reverse gear. My medula oblangata also ceases functioning.

Crazy, crazy, crazy you may say but this is verily veritable. If only you knew what is going on in my encephalon you would prostrate. That's why I need to see you vis a vis soon for a better elucidation through tete a tete. No hyperbole & onomatopoeia, simple candidness.
Only u and me are protagonists in this subtle affair. As I cogitate and ruminate over the last episode, I genuflex before the Omnipotent and implore him to let this affair emulsify.

By the way, I was bamboozled, scintilated, exhilarated, and left in a state of prolonged euphoria by the contents of your missive which was quite edifying and exhalting. It left my bio-chemistry in a paradise-like equilibrium.
Empirically speaking, I love u chemically... I don't ever want to see gloom and doom looming over your angelic live portrait. Let my appellation be scribbled across your heart, with indelible ink. If any boy tries to ask for your companionship, tell him that u are leased and caveated.

I think I have to pen off here, because I still haven't finished studying electrolysis polymerization. But before I evaporate, I like to revitalize your memory with those encapsulating lyrics which proclaim that catarrh is my butter, your piss is my mimbo, the world's greatest lover is me.
Catch you later. Sleep tight and don't let those bed bugs bite you because you are too sweet for them. Goodbye for now.
Your slave in love, your pillow, your cushion.
Segun.

If the girl no fall after reading this letter, then she must be a Rev Sister..

1 Like

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Enemyofpeace: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2017
Ginaz:
I remembered my first love letter gotten from a guy, I was 11. He was just jabbing nonsense and would always wait for me on my way coming from school.

I told my uncle that a guy won't let me rest, he knew him. My uncle went to see him and gave him serious warning. I thought I would be free but to my horror I got another letter the next day saying and I quote, "nothing will stop my love for you", I love you".

2 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by 4ureyesonly: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2017
Why segun of all boys. grin
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Exponental(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2017
Gone are the days when love letters will attach you to your dictionary. Educating though but after all the stress, she says NO..... effort wasted!
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2017
Ask Buhari
Desdola:
Who we go ask if the letter is true?
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by drkay(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2017
I was part of this generation.
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Trexnemesis(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2017
Incomplete vocabularies! What happened to doxology and flabaghasted? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by xreal: 9:14am On Jan 27, 2017
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by xreal: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2017
Obahiagbon' english. grin

Abbreviations ti take over.

hi Titi,
are u on FB?
ur number pls, I mean ur bbm or watsapp number.

Shikena !
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 27, 2017
truthsayer007:

shocked are you that old?
I have grandkids
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Greedgod: 9:19am On Jan 27, 2017
Ginaz:

fun and u reported him ? Fun and u avoided him ?

1 Like

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by CarrotAndStick: 9:22am On Jan 27, 2017
Empirically speaking, I love you chemically.

Tamuno! grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Ginaz(f): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=Enemyofpeace post=53169483][/quote]

why won't you? Am I gaining 20millions for my lies.
Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by Timfreds(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2017
I remember those days, boys use to pay me to construct this type of letter for them. When writing I will put dictionary by my side open Bible song of Solomon. sweet old days!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s by igbsam(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2017
Ditto!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Couple Covered In Leaves For Their Pre-Wedding Photo / South African Twins Wed Same Lady / What Is Your Biggest Fear In Relationship ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.