Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 (27202 Views)

Photos From South-East APC For Buhari Rally / Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha / Presidency: The North Is Unstoppable Till 2023 — Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:25am On Jan 29, 2017
Three govs to join APC

Frontline leaders and politicians yesterday agreed to back President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term come 2019.

They said they will only gun for the plum office after expiration of the president’s second term.

These were the highpoints after a brainstorming session in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The decisions came on the heels of former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s clamour for Igbo Presidency in 2019.

At the well attended meeting, a former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, emerged leader of All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Southeast.

It was also disclosed that three current governors in the zone will be joining the APC soon.

Those in attendance at the meeting held at the Imo International Convention Centre (IICC) were: Ken Nnamani, Emeka Offor, Ifeanyi Araraume, George Moughalu, Tony Eze, Ebuka Onunkwo, Jombo Offor, Eze Madumere, members of the National Working Committee of APC, as well as other prominent politicians from the zone.

Speaking after a closed door meeting, the host governor, Rochas Okorocha, said: “Now that Igbo leaders are together in APC, Nigerians will hear us.

“There is a vaccum of leadership in the South-East APC. I am a Governor. My brothers Chris Ngige and Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu are ministers.

“Hence the importance of Ken Nnamani coming at this time. I declined leadership of Ndi-Igbo in APC.

“With Ken Nnamani, the question of who is the leader of APC in the Southeast has been answered. Ken Nnamani is the leader of APC in the South-East.”

He went on: “Senator Nnamani should then work with other leaders like Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Jim Nwobodo and a host of others to give Ndi-Igbo Political direction.

“Those who have joined the Party or who want to join should do so to build the Party and not to cause Confusion. APC is the right Party for the Igbo and the only Party that can guarantee Igbo Presidency”.

He went: “We are going to support President Muhammadu Buhari for the eight years he is going to lead the nation.

“This is the time for Ndi-Igbo to come and work together. We are also going to use the Anambra election to show that APC has arrived Southeast.

“The Igbo played bad politics in 2015. Today we have lost a lot. We are not anywhere because of our bad politics.”

Okorocha also disclosed three governors in the zone were in touch with him to join the APC soon.

He added that being the only APC governor in the Southeast does not give him joy and advised that other political leaders in the geopolitical zone should take “advantage of the moment and come into APC.”

Nnamani said the Igbo need more of their leaders at the National leadership of the APC where decisions are taken and at the National Assembly and other strategic areas.

The former Senate President stressed: “Some of us going into APC are not doing so because of hunger but in the interest of the Igbos.

“We should play politics of ideas and avoid abusive words. Ndi-Igbo do not have the ingredients for opposition politics.

“We do not have the media or business or money to play opposition politics but we won’t ask for handouts.”

He continued: “How the Yorubas voted in 2015 should be an eye-opener. They voted both sides but the South-East put their eggs in one basket.

“I am not of the view that everybody should be in APC but those have seen the need should do so.

“If Governor Okorocha has realised that he needs more hands in APC, he should be commended. We are worst enemies of ourselves.

“If we work together we will go very very far. This is the time to play national politics.”

Nnamani said: “Some people could say we have the Deputy Senate President but he does not attend the meeting of APC caucus where important decisions are taken.

“We must think ahead. The benefit of that office is therefore personal and does not enhance the political fortunes of the South-East people”

http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-nnamani-iwuanyanwu-seast-apc-leaders-back-buhari/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by 40kobo77: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2017
Really?tell me more.

10 Likes

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:27am On Jan 29, 2017
I pity IPOB Vagabonds! grin grin grin

113 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by kcnwaigbo: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2017
Very good I like the description SE APC leaders. What more do you expect from an efulefu party.No wonder the masses rejected them at the polls

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by INTROVERT(f): 7:33am On Jan 29, 2017
Happy sunday

3 Likes

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by owobokiri(m): 7:36am On Jan 29, 2017
My people My people, Ah tell you, evil men are in power both in Abuja and owerri..

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by petrov10: 7:41am On Jan 29, 2017
Expired men with no relevance in S.E

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by hisgrace090: 7:49am On Jan 29, 2017
Voice of wisdom

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by seunmsg(m): 7:54am On Jan 29, 2017
Good to see that political leaders of IBO extraction have kicked off the campaign for Buhari's reelection even before other regions that supported the president in 2015. This is the IBO that we all know, the IBO that supports the national government always. We welcome back the true IBO spirit of one Nigeria. To the few remaining iPods, learn from your elders, they know better.

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:58am On Jan 29, 2017
Propaganda again grin

5 Likes

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by lytech1(m): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2017
Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by Kingsley1000(m): 8:18am On Jan 29, 2017
we need igbo president

4 Likes

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by dplordx(m): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2017
This is my problem with these people. You are never strong or united or bold enough to create your own political movement. Years ago, PDP was Obasanjo party, and immediately the same party turned GEJ to president, you abandoned your wretched party and all became PDP, starving your Ojuwku party to death. Today, your shameless lots are stampeding to APC, a once Amala party. What is wrong with turning Apga to a national party that could compete against APC? Well, you can't. All you do is hate, and then when those you hate gain the higher hand, you start forming familiarity. The same way you hate the Yorubas whose land you live. The same way you hate the Amala party that all your shameless political elites are decamping into. I see Nnamdi Kanu becoming an APC member once he's released.

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by Eastactivist: 8:34am On Jan 29, 2017
dplordx:
This is my problem with these people. You are never strong or united or bold enough to create your own political movement. Years ago, PDP was Obasanjo party, and immediately the same party turned GEJ to president, you abandoned your wretched party and all became PDP, starving your Ojuwku party to death. Today, your shameless lots are stampeding to APC, a once Amala party. What is wrong with turning Apga to a national party that could compete against APC? Well, you can't. All you do is hate, and then when those you hate gain the higher hand, you start forming familiarity. The same way you hate the Yorubas whose land you live. The same way you hate the Amala party that all your shameless political elites are decamping into. I see Nnamdi Kanu becoming an APC member once he's released.

See painment... grin
Igbos are about to troop into apc and fill their own vacuum...
Haters should deal with it...

33 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by dplordx(m): 8:36am On Jan 29, 2017
Eastactivist:

See painment... grin
Igbos are about to troop into apc and fill their own vacuum...
Haters should deal with it...

Lol. Wetin pain me. It shows how useless your leaders are. Bunch of tired brains begging APC for admission. Ojukwu is so proud of you useless peeps

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by nedu666: 8:48am On Jan 29, 2017
afonjas are scared of ibos coming into apc least they turn it to pdp ;Dafonjas are scared of ibos coming into apc least they turn it to pdp

8 Likes

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by sinistermind(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2017
Bunch of fools, this is why ibos will never achieve any political relevance at the federal level, they are all sell outs

20 Likes

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by disumusa: 8:57am On Jan 29, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
I pity IPOB Vagabonds! grin grin grin
can you see why I said yibbo hardly think deep

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by Eastactivist: 9:00am On Jan 29, 2017
dplordx:

Lol. Wetin pain me. It shows how useless your leaders are. Bunch of tired brains begging APC for admission. Ojukwu is so proud of you useless peeps

LOL see painment again...
Abeg where did you see they beg to join apc??
It is their right besides is apc your father's party??
When apc was formed even few Apga members joined most are Igbos too... Lol
You go wail and frustrate to death if you are not careful...
Bunch of losers.

Awolowo will be ashamed of you'all... grin

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by NwabekeyiSimeon: 9:01am On Jan 29, 2017
Eastactivist:
[s][/s]

LOL, afonjas are the one confused...
OUK and Co knows what NK is capable of doing and for that they will better fight for the Igbo's interest...
Igbos about to take over apc, representing in PDP and having a foothold on APGA.

You dont have any shame at all. Very unstable fellow, people like you are a disgrace to your people.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by Eastactivist: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2017
NwabekeyiSimeon:

You dont have any shame at all. Very unstable fellow, people like you are a disgrace to your people.
Politics is all about interest...
Is it now a crime to play politics?
Biko I support the new Igbo agenda whether in apc or Pdp, they should go and fight for the Igbo's interest...

I know the haters will love to see the Igbos being left out in the scheme of things, but you guys gonna be shamed...

Stupid afonjas...
You can go and form another party... Yoobish.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 by nedu666: 9:06am On Jan 29, 2017
ibos. the. greatest nightmare of afonjas . chk out the no of threads afonjas open about ibos, ipob and u will see a people who confuse their shadow for ibos

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: I Won’t Allow Anyone Deceive Me Again – Sam Ewang / Salary Arrears: Abia Headmistress Demoted For "Embarrassing Ikpeazu’s Wife" / Falana To Buhari: Babangida Detained You, Remember How It Felt & Free El-Zakzaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.