Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... (3557 Views)

Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol / Scientific Fact: God Created Dinosaurs! / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2017: Songs Of Victory (fourth Day) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by UncleSnr(m): 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chill, my snake is currently talking to me.
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by UyiIredia(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
hahn:

Without the sun there would be no "day". Only night. Get it?

So planets far from the sun such as Neptune which rarely see sunlight have no day right ? Only night. Or when places like the North pole experinece moths without the sun there is no day, right ? That is silly. There is a definition of day prescribed by a period of sunlight but there is also a definition of day prescribed by a planet's rotation about its axis. Just as a year is defined by a planet's completion of its orbit about the sun.

hahn:

That is a question for another thread. Apparently, Jehovah was seeing things. Probably after the smoking competition where he won the title "the most high" tongue

Okay.
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by UyiIredia(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2017
jonbellion:
but the suns gravity holds the earth in orbit so either way

As they say, "With God all things are possible."
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by hahn(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
UyiIredia:

So planets far from the sun such as Neptune which rarely see sunlight have no day right ? Only night. Or when places like the North pole experinece moths without the sun there is no day, right ? That is silly. There is a definition of day prescribed by a period of sunlight but there is also a definition of day prescribed by a planet's rotation about its axis. Just as a year is defined by a planet's completion of its orbit about the sun.

Okay.

So, who named it "day"? Remember it was the first "day" EVER
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by hahn(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
johnydon22:

Your definition of scientist is a man who thinks Goats who mate in front of a certain tree branch will give birth to spotted offsprings - Literally murdered Genetics.

Then i am pretty sure your own science is different from the one here..

I see a future in that guy. He is going to surpass kingebukasblog and winner01 combined in the delivery of packaged bullshit smiley

5 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by johnydon22(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2017
hahn:

I see a future in that guy. He is going to surpass kingebukasblog and winner01 combined in the delivery of packaged bullshit smiley

#sighs - just when you think you have seen it all..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by hahn(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
johnydon22:

#sighs - just when you think you have seen it all..

They have been at it for over 1000 years na. There are used to recycling waste tongue
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by UyiIredia(m): 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2017
SirWere:

Tah.. Nonsense. A complete rotation of the earth is marked by the intervals between sun risings. Without the sun, the earth would just keep rotating over and over again with no refrence point to call it a "day"....

Good point. But ultimately useless. Presumably God would have created the Earth to rotate for the same period before he made the sun which acts as a reference point. Your objection is only relevant to when humans are around with a need for a reference point to know a day has passed. By then God had already made the sun.

SirWere:

And to really Bleep it up; the sun and the "lesser light"(which is only a reflecting body) were claimed to be created on the same day.undecided

Pray tell, how was 24 hours measured without the sun and moon being used as refrence pointssmiley

There were no humans to do any measuring yet so your point is moot. God doing the creating obviously would have known a day had passed.

Let it be clear that I am a deist and don't believe in the Genesis story. I am simply correcting what is a bad objection. I also proposed a better one. If you must criticize the Bible do it properly.

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by UyiIredia(m): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
hahn:

So, who named it "day"? Remember it was the first "day" EVER

God. The writer was depicting creation as supposedly revealed by God so God was noting the daily interval which would have been in his power to do without a sun.

Again that meme is just a poor objection. There are better ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by hahn(m): 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
UyiIredia:

God. The writer was depicting creation as supposedly revealed by God so God was noting the daily interval which would have been in his power to do without a sun.

Again that meme is just a poor objection. There are better ones.

Ok

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by ElectGINeer(m): 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2017
johnydon22:
this is ludicrous excuse - if all humans thought like this we possibly might still be riding horses.
Riding horses or walking? Horses would also be above our comprehension. Oh Science thank you for thy help.

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2017
UyiIredia:

Good point. But ultimately useless. Presumably God would have created the Earth to rotate for the same period before he made the sun which acts as a reference point. Your objection is only relevant to when humans are around with a need for a reference point to know a day has passed. By then God had already made the sun.
Intresting claim.
However the earth rotation is not a constant; the earth is actually slowing down gradually.
It is estimated that a day was 21.9 hours about 650 million years ago or thereabout- been a while since I read that article and I'll be hardpressed to find it.

Seeing that the earth's rotation isn't as constant as you think it, pray tell how did God determine the concept of a "day" when there was no sun to determine whether a day had indeed passed by

And I've not even talked about the impossibility of the universe being "spoken" to life, earth forming and the land and seas being seperated in 3 days.

Neither have I mentioned how that the ecumenical christians claim that the day in Genesis was metaphorical....

Let it be clear that I am a deist and don't believe in the Genesis story. I am simply correcting what is a bad objection. I also proposed a better one. If you must criticize the Bible do it properly.
Intresting..... Never knew
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by alchemist13: 11:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
johnydon22:
this is ludicrous excuse - if all humans thought like this we possibly might still be riding horses.
We wouldn't even realize the benefit of riding horses. undecided
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2017
Wtf are you talking about, Hahn.?

God simply magically whipped out a 186 000 mile cosmic ruler and said.

" FOR SHALL THE LIGHT WHICH I, THE INCREDIBLY HANDSOME AND POWERFUL GOD HATH WHEREFORE CREATED, COME TO PASS THE LENGTH OF THIS RULER (WHICH HAS SINNED AND SHALL BE CONDEMNED TO HELL AFTER THIS EXPERIMENT) IN WHAT I SHALL CALL A SECOND. AND THEREFORE, SHALL IT PASS THREESCORE TIMES, THIS SHALL BE A MINUTE. AND SHALL THREESCORE MINTUES PASS, AND THIS SHALL BE AN HOUR, AND SHALL ONE SCORE AND FIFTH SCORE MINUTES PASS, AND I SHALL CALL IT . . . A DAY. AND, AFTER CREATING OTHERWISE FLAWED PRODUCTS, SHALL I REST ON MY BUTT FOR THE DAY WHICH I CREATED. AFTER WHICH I WILL RESUME TO SCREW WITH MY CREATION. "

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by hahn(m): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2017
Teempakguy:

" FOR SHALL THE LIGHT WHICH I, THE INCREDIBLY HANDSOME AND POWERFUL GOD HATH WHEREFORE CREATED, COME TO PASS THE LENGTH OF THIS RULER (WHICH HAS SINNED AND SHALL BE CONDEMNED TO HELL AFTER THIS EXPERIMENT) IN WHAT I SHALL CALL A SECOND. AND THEREFORE, SHALL IT PASS THREESCORE TIMES, THIS SHALL BE A MINUTE. AND SHALL THREESCORE MINTUES PASS, AND THIS SHALL BE AN HOUR, AND SHALL ONE SCORE AND FIFTH SCORE MINUTES PASS, AND I SHALL CALL IT . . . A DAY. AND, AFTER CREATING OTHERWISE FLAWED PRODUCTS, SHALL I REST ON MY BUTT FOR THE DAY WHICH I CREATED. AFTER WHICH I WILL RESUME TO SCREW WITH MY CREATION. "

Lol
tongue
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by jchioma: 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2017
hahn:
I came across this meme, again, this morning and I was just wondering.

Can atheists in the house explain how possible this is?

Something is not right. Maybe the theists can help because at this stage I don't know what to believe. Oh my God, hope I don't end up as atheist. So many contradictions in the religious texts, as if they did not know that a time could come when men will question these things. Or maybe we just lack the understanding behind these things? Anyway, I still believe that there is God. Maybe not in the context of the Bible or Koran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by notjonbellion(m): 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
jchioma:

Something is not right. Maybe the theists can help because at this stage I don't know what to believe. Oh my God, hope I don't end up as atheist. So many contradictions in the religious texts, as if they did not know that a time could come when men will question these things. Or maybe we just lack the understanding behind these things? Anyway, I still believe that there is God. Maybe not in the context of the Bible or Koran.
cool
That means you are a diest friend

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by jchioma: 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
notjonbellion:
cool
That means you are a diest friend

Well? I believe that God still intervenes and works actively in the affairs of men. What does that make me undecided
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by notjonbellion(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2017
jchioma:

Well? I believe that God still intervenes and works actively in the affairs of men. What does that make me undecided
confused smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by jchioma: 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
notjonbellion:
confused smiley
Lol
He answers my prayers at most.
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by Immorttal: 5:18am On Jan 31, 2017
johnydon22:

Your definition of scientist is a man who thinks Goats who mate in front of a certain tree branch will give birth to spotted offsprings - Literally murdered Genetics.

Then i am pretty sure your own science is different from the one here..
that is folklore in its entirety in fact I questioned that particular chapter when I was a christian.

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by Immorttal: 5:22am On Jan 31, 2017
UyiIredia:

There were no humans to do any measuring yet so your point is moot. God doing the creating obviously would have known a day had passed.

Deist don't believe in bullsheet

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by Immorttal: 5:26am On Jan 31, 2017
Teempakguy:

Nnaa you can play God wella grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by Immorttal: 5:31am On Jan 31, 2017
jchioma:

just believe that there is no Christian God for now and you will be fine. That means there is no one to monitor when you are screwing or dancing. Take the government as the God you see for now that means you don't have to sleep with a minor and get away with it nor maltreat your fellow human as slave and go scot free.
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by jchioma: 7:37am On Jan 31, 2017
Immorttal:
just believe that there is no Christian God for now and you will be fine. That means there is no one to monitor when you are screwing or dancing. Take the government as the God you see for now that means you don't have to sleep with a minor and get away with it nor maltreat your fellow human as slave and go scot free.

Lol
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by akintom(m): 7:47am On Jan 31, 2017
UyiIredia:

Okay.
the question is, can you determine day and night on Earth, without the sun?
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by benzics(m): 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
hahn:

That is a question for another thread. Apparently, Jehovah was seeing things. Probably after the smoking competition where he won the title "the most high" tongue
LMAO grin
Nice one here cheesy
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by CAPSLOCKED: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
hahn:

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by CAPSLOCKED: 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
hahn:

Give me it's address so I can go and pay it a visit

WITH A BAG OF WEED IN HAND, AS A GATE PASS tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by Niflheim(m): 5:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
@Hahn,

The reason why this "sacred stream of super stupidity" exists in the bible, is because the bible was inspired from the oral tradition of the next generation of troglodytes(pre-historic bush men), that came after the the last set of cave dwellers died out!!! They had no access to technology, scientific instruments or the internet!!! These are pictures of some of their counterparts in India!!! These are religious men from India, who believe in their gods more than science!!! They look pathetic!!! They look like fools!!! And they look like slaves!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by RosaConsidine: 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
I don't know if anyone has asked this before but this thread might as well be a good point to ask:

Why did God need six days to create the earth? Clearly he's all powerful and all so would the earth have collapsed if he had done it all in one day? I mean, all he needed to do was say the word. Why did he need time to pass between each creative command before he continued? I sincerely need reasoned answers.
Re: If God Created The Sun On The Fourth Day ...... by hopefulLandlord: 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
RosaConsidine:
I don't know if anyone has asked this before but this thread might as well be a good point to ask:

Why did God need six days to create the earth? Clearly he's all powerful and all so would the earth have collapsed if he had done it all in one day? I mean, all he needed to do was say the word. Why did he need time to pass between each creative command before he continued? I sincerely need reasoned answers.

hmmmm

interesting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Shunned By Jehovah Witnesses Kills Self, Family / Jesus Prophesied Islam In 3 "Hidden Prophesies", In Parallels / Fresh Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.