Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation (9393 Views)

#LazyNigerianYouths: "Halima Buhari Failed Bar Exams 3 Times" - Lawyer / Power Grid Records First Collapse In February / Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by lilfreezy: 11:03am On Jan 31, 2017
undecided
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2017
It is not really worrisome how educated Nigerians were scammed in 2015. It shows that pass six is not pass sense.

2 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by erico2k2(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2017
sarrki:
A power system is said to have entered a state of
voltage instability when a disturbance causes a
gradual and uncontrollable decline in voltage. In
actual sense, voltage collapse can be defined as
instability of a heavily loaded electric power system
network that leads to decrease in voltage level and
eventually blackout Power system collapse has a
severe outcome on the security of the system and
also, it reduces the reliability of the power system
network. There are many reasons for a power system
network to collapse, these can be grouped into two
major group; technical and non-technical
cause. The
simple structure of a power system .

In bold not everything we play politics on

If the previous administrations have increased it overtime we won't be here

So take a sit baba is fixing it
There is politics in this and you could not spot it.
The man in charge already gave the reason.someone is not using the generated power but why?
Answer=BDCs would have to lay back the lower they supplied so it's beter not to transmit these powers but still charge it's consumers . Is that not fraud ?
A good solution to this is for the FG to pads a law forcing them BDCs to adopt PYG meters .

1 Like

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by ripbubu: 11:07am On Jan 31, 2017
Fedayeen02:
Our Presidiot is on Vacation with constant light
he is dead did they say in any world law that vacation people don't talk. .let him talk na

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by erico2k2(m): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2017
9jakohai:

For what, really?

Power has been privatised.....and it was privatised by GEJ and company.

The Government does not control much of anything except the transmission system....which needs replacing

And it is the DISCOS....private companies that are in charge of collecting the cash.

Fashola should do more...but it really isn't his fault. Our power system is old and in need of replacement. That is why GEJ privatized...because money would be easier to raise for the fixing.
How about the FG forcing the so called DiSCOs to adopt true PYG meters ? ?

1 Like

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by stonemasonn: 11:08am On Jan 31, 2017
Firefire:

The ediot was running his mouth before as a governor, not he has lost his brain and could not fix the power in 6 months?
Fashola is a lawyer and a politician for chrissake, he's only very good in awarding contracts.

3 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 31, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
It is not really worrisome how educated Nigerians were scammed in 2015. It shows that pass six is not pass sense.

What scam?

PDP privatized power generation and distribution in 2014. That meant that the Power Ministry was only responsible for the transmission system..not for generation or distribution. It also meant that from now on, we Nigerians would be directly responsible for how power is funded in this we country.

But unfortunately....most Nigerians...and government agencies for that matter...do not pay their bills .

No funds....no repair....collapse happens.

Even if PDP won in 2015....the problem would still remain. I used to blast PDP back then for poor power...until 2014...when the privatisation exercise showed the extent of the issue.(I had a good laugh when Fashola made his rocket scientist comment...the guy did not know the extent of the issue).

2 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by erico2k2(m): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2017
9jakohai:

And his replacement will do what?

1.Take over the whole NEPA again....that has been privatised?

2.Force Nigerians to pay the high bills needed ....so that DISCOS can raise the money needed to repair and replace the transmission system...and the GENCOS can build new generating power plants.

3.Find N5 trillion to do the needful.

GEJ did a lot of funny things....privatizing power was not one of them.

And thanks to that....there is nothing the rocket scientist can do...Power minsitry does not control power anymore....except for the grid...and even that....funding for its replacement is coming from...the DISCOS...and that means...you and me.
I disagree not me and you. The greatest problem we face is not power outage but paying for power when we do not use it.we should solve that problem first . Sure that ain't rocket science.

1 Like

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 31, 2017
erico2k2:

How about the FG forcing the so called DiSCOs to adopt true PYG meters ? ?

Bros....you just spoke my mind. If FG could do that....2019 is guaranteed grin.(My light bills will go down drastically....I am on estimated by the way. Attempts to get meter so far have failed).

But even then....my DISCO some months ago complained that some customers bypass the meter.(Yes, it does happen!) So...metering may not solve all the problem....but they have to do it still!
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 31, 2017
What is now the solution.
Why all this article without any reasonable solution
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 31, 2017
PUSH1:
What is now the solution.
Why all this article without any reasonable solution

In the short term...the solution is simple....everyone pays their bills.!

A large percentage of Nigerians do not pay bills, bypass meters, fight DISCO officials on monitoring...etc.

But...if everyone paid up the bills...what they owe...DISCOS would have enough cash to pay for power from the GENCOS....AND to pay for improvements and new power plants...that we need.

But...really....prepaid meters would go a long way to encourage people to pay for power...if they do not get bypassed. (I hear Ikeja DISCO has brought in a meter that can not be bypassed...).
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nbote(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2017
Some ppl jus can't have sense even if u give dem brains.. Power has failed because the govt is failing simple. Stop trying to make excuses. Mentioning DISCOS, GEJ, GENCOS, TRANSMISSION COMPANIES blah blah only makes u one thing obvious, and dats some of U are MORONS. Since wen is any of U d mouth piece of the govt. First d blame was on militants for blowing up pipelines and now? JUS ADMIT FOR FVCKS SAKE SOMETHING IS WRONG!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by erico2k2(m): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2017
9jakohai:

Bros....you just spoke my mind. If FG could do that....2019 is guaranteed grin.(My light bills will go down drastically....I am on estimated by the way. Attempts to get meter so far have failed).

But even then....my DISCO some months ago complained that some customers bypass the meter.(Yes, it does happen!) So...metering may not solve all the problem....but they have to do it still!
Good
Look metering will solve the problems for us at least we will not feel cheated .
The only reason these thiefin Discos are not investing into the ailing system o's cos they are benefiting from this failed system.they know this which is the reason they bud for it.
Imaging refusing and returning power to the central dis ursine unit just cos they don't want to pay but want to still charge us even though they supplied nothing .
So my brother let us pay 4 what we use and we sit by the fence and see who suffer the most
Of we do the mentioned trust me the DISCOS WILL invest more to harvest profit .
you can use what is going on in the telephone sector to check this.who is investing in the 36 and 4Gs is it not the mobile phone operators .
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by erico2k2(m): 11:25am On Jan 31, 2017
Nbote:
Some ppl jus can't have sense even if u give dem brains.. Power has failed because the govt is failing simple. Stop trying to make excuses. Mentioning DISCOS, GEJ, GENCOS, TRANSMISSION COMPANIES blah blah only makes u one thing obvious, and dats some of U are MORONS. Since wen is any of U d mouth piece of the govt. First d blame was on militants for blowing up pipelines and now? JUS ADMIT FOR FVCKS SAKE SOMETHING IS WRONG!!
Clap 4 yourself it would have been better you follow what others are saying and make an informed contribution
Just so U knw the issue of power is out of the hands of the FG when it was privatised just as the telephone sector was .
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by gurunlocker: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2017
sarrki:
cause. The

Can you just stop talking and let sensible people comment?

5 Likes

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by hucienda: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2017
Kondomatic:
Sango is very angry with the minister of rocket science.

cheesy cheesy cheesy una no get chill for here
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by erico2k2(m): 11:30am On Jan 31, 2017
9jakohai:

A large percentage of Nigerians do not pay bills, bypass meters, fight DISCO officials on monitoring...etc.

But...if everyone paid up the bills...what they owe...DISCOS would have enough cash to pay for power from the GENCOS....AND to pay for improvements and new power plants...that we need.

But...really....prepaid meters would go a long way to encourage people to pay for power...if they do not get bypassed. (I hear Ikeja DISCO has brought in a meter that can not be bypassed...).
Good stuff
However I say PYG is the way to go cos the first people to B satisfied are the consumers . Now where the government should come in is to provide precise d and tailor legislation to make provision for metering and pricing . .ie making people put 5 bier meters in the fence or by the rd side where bypassing I'd almost impossible . Employ meters checkers instead of meter readers .
Look in the west ie UK people still bypass thier electric and gas meters so we can't eliminate it 100%but will reduce it drastically . Of this is done the DISCOS and BDNCs will upgrade . They will even seek loans to do this cos they will now see potentials for investment .
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 31, 2017
9jakohai:

What about if the govt pays our bills for 6 months. Let's know how it will work out. Nigerians don't trust any of those power companies on giving us power for straight 6 months If bills are up to date.
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by obailala(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by igbanorosi: 11:41am On Jan 31, 2017
So now it is we cant consume what we produce abi? Nigeria I hail thee..
BeeBeeOoh:
•Power generation suffered redundancy, loss

https://newtelegraphonline.com/business/national-power-grid-collapsed-3-times-20-days-investigation/

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2017
ehen never knew, i happy say we get power plant for our backyard
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Debosneh31(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2017
sarrki:
cause. The

nice one bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Cloud007: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2017
Firefire:

The matter never concern God sef, na the gods lead by god of Thunder (Sango) who he said cannot generate 1KW dey for em matter.
.....and i dey tell am that time when he dey abuse sango upandan. grin
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nbote(m): 11:53am On Jan 31, 2017
erico2k2:

Clap 4 yourself it would have been better you follow what others are saying and make an informed contribution
Just so U knw the issue of power is out of the hands of the FG when it was privatised just as the telephone sector was .

Oh it is? Now I see how uninformed most of U are. U do realise d govt still runs d power stations right? Or dey didn't tell u dat part and got u all confused with the GENCOs and DISCOs nonsense. D whole privatization was majorly to distribution companies. Anyone telling u a private holding still generates power is brainwashing u and playing with wateva is left of ur brains. How com APC campaigned with improving power supply since they knew it was already in private hands? Why is d govt talking about investing in alternative power generation since it's been privatized? Don't jus read and swallow wateva trash u see online hook, line and sinker...
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2017
Nbote:

Oh it is? Now I see how uninformed most of U are. U do realise d govt still runs d power stations right? Or dey didn't tell u dat part and got u all confused with the GENCOs and DISCOs nonsense. D whole privatization was majorly to distribution companies. Anyone telling u a private holding still generates power is brainwashing u and playing with wateva is left of ur brains. How com APC campaigned with improving power supply since they knew it was already in private hands? Why is d govt talking about investing in alternative power generation since it's been privatized? Don't jus read and swallow wateva trash u see online hook, line and sinker...
No point engaging you, I aint gonna get any meaningful convo good luck angry
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by proeast(m): 11:59am On Jan 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

Jonathan's God is really disgracing Fashola and APC

Imagine $1= #500

Now Nigerians want Buhari dead grin
For real bro, the general consensus now, is for him to vacate aso rock asap, whether dead or alive!

1 Like

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nbote:

Actually GENCOS own the power stations...

Here is a list:http://iwin.org.ng/index.php/news/itemlist/category/179-generation-company-genco

And from the above link...

Olorunsogo Power Plant (Phase I)

The Olorunshogo plant is a 335MW gas plant, located in Papalanto, Ogun State. In 1999, the FGN began an aggressive restructuring of the power sector with several aims, including introduction of efficient, private sector standards and management principles, and methodology, leading to reliable power. In 2001, the FGN approved a National Electric Power Policy (NEPP), followed in 2005 by the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSR) Act. EPSR Act provides the legal authority for the unbundling of Nigeria’s power utility as well as the introduction of a new, regulatory scheme managed by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), an independent regulatory commission, to guarantee open access and ensure efficiency throughout the industry. Outright sale option was adopted by the Bureau for Public Enterprises in the sale of Olorunshogp phase I which was culminated on the 1st of November 2013. The new owners are Pacific Energy.

Power generation has been privatised. All that is left is transmission....which is run by the Transmission Company of Nigeria....a govt company. Even then....the DISCOS are supposed to generate funds for the rest of the power industry.

In other words...the DISCOS generate funds and pay to the GENCOS....for power which they distribute.GENCOS...pay for gas and (hopefully) improve and expand generating facilities.
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by SalamRushdie: 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
sarrki:
cause. The

Which one did Buhari add in 1984 ?Even a clueless Jonathan grew the grid by over 800MWs in his first year and in almost two years of being in power Buhari has not added a single MW instead he is depleting ..Sarrki are you aware that in his first stint as president in 1984 Buhari didnt initiate or complete a single capital project then , Are you also aware that currently since his labour and productivity minister died over a year ago Buhari hasnt replaced him yet...Anybody expecting anything from Buhari is a clown ooo...The man is not built to be a solution to anything ...

1 Like

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by omemero(m): 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
sarrki:

APC IS WORKING, RELAX.......YOU WILL SOON SEE RESULT....BLACK OUT LOADING.....

cause. The

Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by SalamRushdie: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
9jakohai:

For what, really?

Power has been privatised.....and it was privatised by GEJ and company.

The Government does not control much of anything except the transmission system....which needs replacing

And it is the DISCOS....private companies that are in charge of collecting the cash.

Fashola should do more...but it really isn't his fault. Our power system is old and in need of replacement. That is why GEJ privatized...because money would be easier to raise for the fixing.

When Fashola increased Tarriffs disnt he say it would make electricity improve significantly within 3 months and now you are yarning dust
Re: National Power Grid Collapsed 3 Times In First 20days Of January - Investigation by relagze: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
•Power generation suffered redundancy, loss

https://newtelegraphonline.com/business/national-power-grid-collapsed-3-times-20-days-investigation/

This so called national grid needs to be abolished. It doesn't take you to be a genius to know these. When APC was campaigning tallking about chanje what do they think it is. Fashola suppose to know that national grid is the bane of our power problems. I expected APC being a party of elite as they claim to be suppose to have push for power reform by now. A state like Lagos needs to generate its own electricity, to be able to be ushered into the 21st century, like the rest of the modern mega cities of the world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Pledges Nigeria's Support For South Sudan / Ifedayo Abegunde Mobilises APC Members For Akeredolu's Reelection / Fayemi: Plans Are In Top Gear To Transform Amotekun Into State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.