Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA (589 Views)

Reps Angry, Deny Collecting Signatures For Buhari’s Impeachment / What Saraki, Dogara Told Buhari About Dino Melaye’s Travail, 2018 Budget - READ / Breaking News : Theft Of N630million From FCDA By Nass Principal Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by DONSMITH123(m): 8:38am On Jan 31, 2017
Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki and his lower Chamber counterpart, Hon. Yakubu Dogara have denied collecting money from the Federal Capital Development Authority as rent for official accommodation for the National Assembly leadership.

The Senate President dismissed as outright falsehood a claim in a report credited to a group known as Citizen Action to Take Back Nigeria (CATBAN) and published by an online medium.

It was alleged that the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Speaker, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara, and their deputies, Senator Ike Ekweremadu and Rt. Hon. Lasun Yusuff collected money from the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) as rent for their accommodation.

But in a statement signed by the Special Adviser to the Senate President on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, he stated that though the four presiding officers were legally entitled to official accommodation, they have been living in their personal residences and do not get paid by any Federal Government agency.

“There is no truth to the claim by this group. In fact, during the preparation of the budget, the Senate President and Speaker directed the FCDA to remove the 10 billion Naira voted for the construction of their official residence to save cost.

“The current leadership of the National Assembly will not be part of any illegal payment to anybody”, stated Olaniyonu.

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/31/saraki-dogara-deny-collecting-rent-money-fcda/

Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by Airforce1(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2017
Money no dey do this politicians?

Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by Mynd44: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by DONSMITH123(m): 8:43am On Jan 31, 2017
Airforce1:
Money no dey do this politicians?

i tell you
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by SweetLove0(f): 8:48am On Jan 31, 2017
where EFCC when you need them
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by Airforce1(m): 8:51am On Jan 31, 2017
DONSMITH123:

i tell you

I voted for Buhari because I thought his government would be void of corruption but I was wrong

Sad
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by DONSMITH123(m): 8:54am On Jan 31, 2017
Airforce1:

I voted for Buhari because I thought his government would be void of corruption but I was wrong

Sad

all politicians are the same bro. same source. The president is sorrounded some corrupt officials.
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by DONSMITH123(m): 8:54am On Jan 31, 2017
SweetLove0:

forget EFCC jor
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by Young03(m): 8:55am On Jan 31, 2017
corrupt people
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by DONSMITH123(m): 10:54am On Jan 31, 2017
grin
Young03:
corrupt people
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by OsusuMustFlow(f): 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Saraki, Dogara Deny Collecting Rent Money From FCDA by OsusuMustFlow(f): 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
grin grin grin grin

SweetLove0:

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai / Facebook User Joins 2face's Protest With The Photo / How To Be A Miserable Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.