Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face (4854 Views)

'It's Annoying To Link Police Invitation Of Politicians To Buhari' - Presidency / Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake / Buhari’s Presidency: We’ve Nothing To Show For Being In Power –North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by benzics(m): 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
The Presidency has reacted to the planned nationwide protest against the Buhari-led APC government scheduled to hold on the 6th of February 2017 and spearheaded by pop star and African Queen crooner, Innocent Idibia, popularly called, 2face.

The Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Electronic Media, Lauretta Onochie has, Tuesday, called on the pop star to come on national TV to state his “beef with Pres. Buhari” instead of going on national newspapers to make his grievances known.

According to her: “Nigerians would like 2Baba to explain the policies that he’s not happy with on National LIVE TV, as well as proffer alternative economic policies that would better serve all Nigerians. Not on newspapers that could have been written by anyone.”

“That way, Nigerians will know it’s entirely his idea, that he understands what he’s doing, and acting in the interest of all Nigerians. Otherwise, we might assume that the protest is for those who miss the heist that happened under You know who. Nigerians are waiting. Thank you Sir”.

However, in what seems like a response to the Presidency, 2face, in a statement he made available to newsmen on Tuesday, said that “the people have hoped for a better Nigeria since 1999 but things are not getting any better for the majority. We are still where we are – poor and desperate. I will no longer be quiet”

Thanking Enough is Enough, the 2Face Foundation, his fellow artistes and Nigerians fully in support of the protest the star allayed the fear of some that he might have been influenced by some political machinations, saying the protest is not a platform for politician or labour unions to manipulate.

“It is not a platform for politicians of any party to manipulate. I know you will still spin it but for one second leave your battles aside and just listen to people without trying to score cheap political points against one another. It is not a point scoring exercise. It is certainly not personal.

It is not an organized labour platform. With all due respect to our comrades who have done much for Nigeria, this march is for the unrepresented.

It is not a ‘my religion or tribe is better than yours’ matter. All our blood is red.

I, Innocent Idibia, am a living example of a Nigerian who owes their success to Nigerians of every tribe and religion. None ask what religion or tribe I am before supporting me. I am grateful.”

The statement also strictly spells out how the protest march will take place, with time and place, it will commence.

“On Monday, February 6th, meet me at the National Stadium at 8AM and we’ll walk to the National Theatre – 2 national icons that epitomise our decline – as we state clearly and peacefully that #IStandWithNigeria and Nigeria must work for all of us and all of us must work for Nigeria.”

Read the statement in full

Intro

Since the idea of a nationwide march was first mentioned, the need for urgent solutions to the challenges facing Nigerians has become very clear. The people have hoped for a better Nigeria since 1999 but things are not getting any better for the majority. We are still where we are – poor and desperate. I will be no longer be quiet.

I want to thank EiE, The 2face Foundation, numerous colleagues and countless fellow Nigerians for stepping up to partner with me. I am just a musician with a point of view and the ear of my fans.

I have dedicated my time and resources to peace building, voter education towards peaceful elections and youth engagement in governance in Nigeria. This time around, my partners, colleagues and I have come together to present a platform for real Nigerians to communicate their real pains to government at all levels in a peaceful and articulate manner with a view to getting lasting solutions to our problems.

This march is about demanding that all saboteurs of good government policies should hands off.

This march is about encouraging positive minded Nigerians to continue to work without intimidation.

We have a system that is clearly designed not to work for the majority.

What is this match not about?

It is not a platform for politicians of any party to manipulate. I know you will still spin it but for one second leave your battles aside and just listen to people without trying to score cheap political points against one another. It is not a point scoring exercise. It is certainly not personal.

It is not an organized labour platform. With all due respect to our comrades who have done much for Nigeria, this march is for the unrepresented.

It is not a ‘my religion or tribe is better than yours’ matter. All our blood is red.

I, Innocent Idibia, am a living example of a Nigerian who owes their success to Nigerians of every tribe and religion. None ask what religion or tribe I am before supporting me. I am grateful.

Therefore, it is with every sense of humility that I say that with this march, I want:

1) Security

All Nigerians lives MUST matter. My religion, ethnicity or what part of the country I live shouldn’t determine the type of protection I get from my government.

According to the Constitution, “the security and welfare of the people shall be the primary purpose of government.”

2)Education

To develop beyond oil, we have to invest in our human capital. Every child must have access to quality education. If our teachers are not paid, how will we raise the next generation to lead the country and run our businesses?

3)Health

Health is wealth. People die daily from lack of basic, affordable health care. We can definitely do better.

4)Power

Government needs to make it easier to generate power at the state and local government level so everything is not tied to the centre. We need electricity to be productive. The cost of generating our own power is crippling.

5)Unemployment

Poor education plus a struggling economy means a lot of people are unemployed. Unemployed people are hungry and angry.

6)High cost of living

Food, transportation, medicine, everything is 3 times, 4 times more expensive but our salaries haven’t increased. What do we do

7)Social Justice

According to the Constitution, “The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall be a State based on the principles of democracy and social justice.”

There cannot be one set of rules for the poor and another set for the rich.

coolTransparency

The best way to kill corruption is to increase transparency. Government finances and contracts must be open and available to all. Who got the money, to do what and by when?

9)Cost of government

Our governance is TOO expensive – federal, state, local – cars, housing, allowances. We must reduce the cost of maintaining our public officials

10)Patriotism

I stand with Nigeria. There is enough in Nigeria for all of us to “chopbelleful”. Enough is enough. We must put Nigeria first and keep all the greedy & selfish people away from leadership.

Call to Action

Between now and Monday, February 6, I ask you to share via videos, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, SMS to 0902-355-5335. How are these issues affecting you? What are your daily struggles? How is it doing you? No matter what part of the world you are, I encourage you to share your stories. And join me on Monday in Surulere or online

Use any of the hashtags #IStandWith2Baba #IStandWithNigeria #OneVoiceNigeria on social media.

We will take all the reports and send them to our elected representatives as ONE VOICE of Nigerians across party, ethnic and religious lines – as they hear real people talk about real issues.

On Monday, February 6th, meet me at the National Stadium at 8AM and we’ll walk to the National Theatre – 2 national icons that epitomise our decline – as we state clearly and peacefully that #IStandWithNigeria and Nigeria must work for all of us and all of us must work for Nigeria.

Thank you! God bless Nigeria!!!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/tell-us-beef-buhari-presidency-tells-2face/
Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by cleatoris: 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
Why has the Buhari administration inflicted Nigerians with the harshest form of:
1.) Recession and depression.
2) Radical Islamic theocracy in a secular and diverse entity as ours.
3) Electricity is now a luxury to the extent that it is now cheaper to use generator.
4) Kerosene, the only energy the common man use for cooking, is no longer affordable. (300naira per litre last time I checked)
5) Brazen nepotism.
6) Unchecked corrupt cabal.
7) Incessant cases of herdsmen terrorism with no single arrest.
8.) War against Christianity and Christian leaders.

I can go on and on!

On the contrary, the presidency needs to tel us its beef with the people.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by benzics(m): 3:50pm On Feb 01, 2017
So we are all expected to keep quiet and act like everything is fine in this country like the zombies? So you must necessarily hate the government before you criticize it?

These people are mad and they don't know it

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Ebubeslym(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
So once he comes on national TV and tells Nigerians what they already know and how they feel about this incompetent administration, every burning issue holding this nation down from achieving greatness will be addressed swiftly and taken care of efficiently abi?

Keep deceiving yourselves

abeg make una leave 2baba alone and focus on the job you guys were elected to do.

18 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by hahn(m): 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lol. What a desperate move

This march seems to already have it's effects on the FG

FG might just set up soldier manned roadblocks on the 6th undecided

12 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by wellmax(m): 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
Okay. We all just want a better country.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by BLACKCHARGER(m): 4:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
So we shud sit down quietly and fry dodo till e burn undecided

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Jesusloveyou: 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
benzics:
So we are all expected to keep quiet and act like everything is fine in this country like the zombies? So you must necessarily hate the government before you criticize it?

These people are mad and they don't know it
where were you and 2stupid face when your ineffectual buffoon were stealing left and right.
sold nepa to his cronies and empowered avenger to avenge his lost of election.
where were you and 2stupid face when your ineffectual buffoon were drinking away your future by importing everything even

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by months: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Just listening to that woman talk angers me. Just imagine she is asking musician for Economic policy advice.

Y Buhari come dey receive salary and all the money from foreign trips? Y do we pay her and the ministers?

We will not give anybody economic policy to implement, their is division of Labour. The constitution mandates that we have a right to protest and protest we shall.

8 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by CplusJason: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Oba of Zombies, His Royal Highness, Sarrki the first, please be reminded of the protest. cool

i want to see you and your paymaster stop us. grin

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by luvinhubby(m): 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
where were you and 2stupid face when your ineffectual buffoon were stealing left and right.
where were you and 2stupid face when your ineffectual buffoon were drinking away your future by importing everything even

Can you for once pretend, at least pretend to make sense in your life. Just once.

An advice.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Jesusloveyou: 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:
So we shud sit down quietly and fry dodo till e burn undecided
wait til 2019 and contest instead of frying dodo.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by biosepeter1(m): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
Dat woman get shoko for head

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by benzics(m): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
That's the problem with your mentality, "it's either you are for Buhari or you are for Jonathan"..

Gej was incompetent and didn't do well in his tenure, it's been 2years he left aso villa and you buffoons still call his name? We are done with the "ineffectual buffoon", yes, so let's face the "walking dead" (since all presidents deserve a title), what has the walking dead done? Is he anywhere close to the ineffectual buffoon? Does that mean he(the walking dead) is more ineffectual and stupid?

Let's face the present and fight for the betterment of the future, the past is what it is, the past!

26 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by chimerase2: 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by phantom24: 4:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:

Wetin this one smoke? Didnt buhari knew that the country was messup as u said b4 contesting? Ok if the problem is nt from him let him step down for just 6 months lets try someone that has a waec result.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by abouzaid: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
benzics:

That's the problem with your mentality, "it's either you are for Buhari or you are for Jonathan"..

Gej was incompetent and didn't do well in his tenure, it's been 2years he left aso villa and you buffoons still call his name? We are done with the "ineffectual buffoon", yes, so let's face the "walking dead" (since all presidents deserve a title), what has the walking dead done? Is he anywhere close to the ineffectual buffoon? Does that mean he(the walking dead) is more ineffectual and stupid?

Let's face the present and fight for the betterment of the future, the past is what it is, the past!
funny enough the walking dead is the title of the most popular zombie film ever made.

15 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by BLACKCHARGER(m): 4:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
wait til 2019 and contest instead of frying dodo.

I would have loved to reply you but since you have no brain to see its a joke.. How will you understand what i will tell u

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Jesusloveyou: 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
phantom24:

Wetin this one smoke? Didnt buhari knew that the country was messup as u said b4 contesting? Ok if the problem is nt from him let him step down for just 6 months lets try someone that has a waec result.
pls just mention one person that can rule this country, what wil the person do diffrently from what pmb is doing now.
your answer wil be that,the person who wil allow importation of everything even oyibo sheet,
the person that wil allow a free flow of corruption,
so many reason you want pmb to resign, for your lazy and selfish interest.
better wait for 2019 and contest againt pmb

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Kondomatic(m): 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
This Lauretta is a national idiot grin

Tuface has made it clear that this is not the change he was promised so what else do you wish to hear from him on national tv? Or are you looking for more reasons to send dss after him

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by emeijeh(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
We must protest.
2baba, pls don't allow them bribe you.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Jesusloveyou: 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
benzics:

that is my promblem with all these illiterate ipod yoot.
why not wait for 2019 and vote him out, the way we also waited to vote your ineffectual buffoon out.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Lescott7(m): 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
Do we need explanations? Do we need to cry before you know we are pained? I need to start hating Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by benzics(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
that is my promblem with all these illiterate ipod yoot.
why not wait for 2019 and vote him out, the way we also waited to vote your ineffectual buffoon out.
You are mad! Simple!

"we should suffer and smile till 2019"..that thing that is doing you eh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Jesusloveyou: 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
Kondomatic:
This Lauretta is a national idiot grin

Tuface has made it clear that this is not the change he was promised so what else do you wish to hear from him on national tv? Or are you looking for more reasons to send dss after him
if this is not the change, why not wait til 2019 to vote your change.
so i dont know why our youth are wasting precious time.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by Kondomatic(m): 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
Is it your time?

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by SalamRushdie: 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
months:
Just listening to that woman talk angers me. Just imagine she is asking musician for Economic policy advice.

Y Buhari come dey receive salary and all the money from foreign trips? Y do we pay her and the ministers?

We will not give anybody economic policy to implement, their is division of Labour. The constitution mandates that we have a right to protest and protest we shall.

I dey tell you ..Is Tuface suppose to draw up economic plans for Buhari now ..Buhari is surrounded by clowns who think Nigeria has progressed immensely under Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by SalamRushdie: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:

Keep decieving urself in that data centre ehh

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by adonis89(m): 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
Whenever d masses wanna come together, d political class always feel threatened

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by TheTrueSeeker: 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
To Tuface and the patriotic youths of this country, if you miss this opportunity which the 'Spirit' of our dear nation has presented before you, you may not get it right again. Listen to no critics, listen to no threats.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face by hegelian: 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
We didn't wait to 2015 in jan2012 to come out and protest massively against subsidy removal and we shdnt also wait till 2019 to protest against the glaring misrule.. This is not about buhari but about us the people same way it wasn't about gej in 2012. So wakeup bro and practice what your username stand for

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians, See Your Next President Come 2023! / There Will Be No Biafra Without South South - Nnamdi Kanu Insists! / 2023: PDP Holds NEC Meeting Today After Governors’ Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.