Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

“just Be Yourself” Syndrome - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “just Be Yourself” Syndrome (396 Views)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding / I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends / How Do We Stop The Spread Of "Davido Syndrome" Among Our Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“just Be Yourself” Syndrome by JhyMedex: 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2017
JUST BE YOURSELF SYNDROME...[JBY]

Segun just failed to make the final list of those chosen to represent the company at an international event. He's feeling quite bad..So what does he do; he consoles himself. He tells himself Azeez made the cut only because he pretended to be someone he's not. His mind churns this up as a form Of coping strategy. But does that change the fact that he still dropped out? You should know the answer to that...

Segun is just living his delusion, desperately seeking validation for his inability for progression, by trying to feel morally superior to Azeez.

More often than not you hear your lovely parent,teachers,mentors or friends in their best caring voice give you this advice“JUST BE YOURSELF. ”

Well I've got something to say to you. Don't just be yourself;Neither should you pretend to be someone else,become the person you need to be...

JBY is often spewed by people who either have no tangible advice to give or people who want to feel a sense of moral superiority...
JBY..Is hawked around by people who would rather remain a poor and outdated version of themselves rather than do the needed but laborious acts required to improve themselves...

Do you think that Michael Jordan became the greatest basketball player in history by JBYing? When he failed to make the varsity team in High School, do you think he went home and said, "Oh well. I guess I'm just not much of a basketball player. But I'm sure there must be something else I can do."?
I don't think so. He grabbed the ball, and practiced, and practiced, and practiced.

He wanted to be great. He decided that he was going to be great. And then he made himself great!

An app or system that fails to upgrade itself shall surely be engulfed by the mist of Obsolescence...YjB

So I say to you again...Don't just be yourself;Neither should you pretend to be someone else,Become the person you need to be ...YjB

YERIMA JIBRIN B.K.

(1) (Reply)

Story Teller Inside You / Loving Myself,..first Time Posting / Why Your Ex-bf Wants You Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.