Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest (2222 Views)

Between The Nnamdi Kanu-led-protest And The Tuface-led-protest?? / Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont / Screenshots Explaining Why I Feel The Tuface Protest Should Be Supported (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by sucess001(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2017
By now, we all have been made aware of the planned nationwide protest by Tuface. what some of us have not considered is the implications of the protest. here is my take on same;

1. Tuface Underlines his Status as a Trailblazer

most musicians will rather sing about women, how much they are making and how much they spend in the club. by leading the protest, he is showing the others that musicians can influence the larger society politically.

2. He is setting himself for a political post.

Simply put, the last person who did this kind of thing was Tunde Bakare. afterwards, he became running mate to Buhari and currently has a strong influence in the government of the day.

3. NLC in uneasy and difficult position

When the ugly governor from one of the south south states was still the NLC president, this protest would have been led by the NLC. now they dont know if they are to follow tuface- which will be a damning acknowledgement that they have lost their role...or they abstain from the protest- which is worse since it will mean they have lost reckoning in the scheme of demonstrations.

4. The Government is uneasy about the protest

that the government is jittery and wants to stop the protest by all means is an acknowledgement of their poor performance. That the Protest also has such large support within a few days says a lot about the mood of Nigerians.

5. Government controls most social media Platforms including Nairaland.

in case you havnt noticed, only stories supporting the government or government policies are pushed on most popular social media platforms including nairaland. that explains why this piece will likely not get to front page but the anti protest stories will make it.

Feel free to add yours.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by Oladimejyy(m): 9:58am On Feb 02, 2017
#ISTANDWITHBUHARI

4 Likes

Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by omafazie(f): 10:03am On Feb 02, 2017
fucking true
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by adonbilivit: 10:11am On Feb 02, 2017
I concur but saying Nairaland hasn't been supportive on this protest isn't fair bro.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by GoodMuyis(m): 10:13am On Feb 02, 2017
That after the protest #AlutaContinual

Noting will change.

All we need is collective voice to demand accountability from every arms of Govt, starting from LGA level, not focusing on FG center alone
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2017
Oladimejyy:
#ISTANDWITHBUHARI

Get some sense!

The hunger wey go kill you still dey do press up.

N500 = $1

Kerosene = N500/litre

Unstable Electricity = N23.05 / kW

Employment given to the sons and allies of the politicians alone with majority of them from the north.

Are you still standing?

Mù-mú

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by sucess001(m): 10:46am On Feb 02, 2017
Oladimejyy:
#ISTANDWITHBUHARI

zombie spotted

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2017
adonbilivit:
I concur but saying Nairaland hasn't been supportive on this protest isn't fair bro.

Don't mind seun..

Millions of Nigerians would come out on the 6th...

We are tired..
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by sucess001(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2017
adonbilivit:

i dont tink he has much tho.
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by SweetJoystick(m): 11:07am On Feb 02, 2017
I will surely protest, my only source of joy is i didn't make my self uncomfortable by going a long distance to vote on election day even though i donated and campaigned for president Buhari.
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by Jaftee(m): 11:47am On Feb 02, 2017
I have noticed no5 too. I don't know the moderator for Politics section, but I notice he is sympathetic to anything that is pro Islam and this government. I think we need an atheist to head this section.

1 Like

Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by futmxconnectn(m): 11:57am On Feb 02, 2017
I STAND WITH 2BABA.

Play the 2face Idibia

"E Be Like Say"
(feat. Soul E)

Oh ma God, oh oh oh
e be lik say dey 1 tell us wetin we neva hear b4!
2baba dey hiaaa! plus soul e baba dey hia!
zapadapadap dapadap de dapadap
de dapadap de
no be small tin oh [x4]
I say
no be small tin oh [x3] eh

Looking back through all the years
That you and I have spent together
It seems like you’ve been playing me all along
So many times, you asked me to put the whole of my trust in you
So many times, you betrayed and played me for a fool
Why don’t we work together so the future will be brighter
Cos, e be like you and I
We dey need each other all the time
All the time
Another year has come
And now you want my trust once more
Oh no

E be, like say you want me to tell me another story again oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to act another movie again oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to code another coding again oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to dance
Galala na di new dance, again oh
You want to sing another song again (e be like say)
E be like say you want to code
You want to code oh

See, all I want to say is that
They don’t really care about us
Because all they want to do is to get in touch with big bucks
Because they think the money gives them the power
But the power is nothing
If your people cannot get quality education
The power is nothing
If your people keep on dying of disease and starvation
The power is nothing
If your people have no peace (no peace)
The power is nothing
If your people cannot live in unity (eh)
See, why do you keep deceiving the people, my brother, my sister
See, why you make all this people to dey fight one another
Only God can judge you now [x4]
Another year has come
And now you want my vote once more
Oh no

E be, like say they want to tell me another story again oh
(e be like say)
E be like say they want to act another movie again oh (e be like say)
E be like say they want to do another deceiving again oh
E be like say dem want to dance
Galala, na di new dance, again o
They want to sing another song again
They want to sing [x2]
E be like say they want to code
They want to dance

I dedicate this one to all of the shady politicians
Wey go promise and fail and make the people live in harsh conditions
I dedicate this one to all of the shady politicians
Why don’t you change your ways
Change your ways now
Make the people live the way they are supposed to live
E no be small thing o
As you see me so (no be small thing o)
I no send, I no send you oh (no be small thing o)
All of the shady politicians (no be small thing o)
As you see me so (no be small thing o)
I no send, I no send you oh (no be small thing o)
All of the shady politicians (I say no be small thing o)
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by yomi96(m): 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
[color=#000000][/color]
Oladimejyy:
#ISTANDWITHBUHARI
[color=#550000][quote
zombie u can sit at home we don't need u
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by yomi96(m): 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
trash. op abeg get small sense this new month no body is begging u to come. all of u profiting from our sufferin,Gud will expose all of u #istandwith2baba
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by babyfaceafrica: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
When will u people get it that nairaland and most social outlets are business laden...so because you have a cause ,seun should support you,why?...is it of any help to nairaland and Seun?...no!!!!!.....where were you when seun and other media other people were drinking garri?....if sss closes down his site,will you feed him?....everybody is playing safe and Seun from time has always kept to himself....Seun needs traffic and if you have something that brings traffic...it will be on frontpage......traffic brings money not emotions and sentiments... Mmm,tonto dikeh,politics,Biafra and d Likes brings traffic!!!....create you own platform and push any cause you want ,stop lampooning any media outlet for supporting or going against a cause....nansense!!!!!..... As if Seun owes you anything!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by sucess001(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
When will u people get it that nairaland and most social outlets are business laden...so because you have a cause ,seun should support you,why?...is it of any help to nairaland and Seun?...no!!!!!.....where were you when seun and other media other people were drinking garri?....if sss closes down his site,will you feed him?....everybody is playing safe and Seun from time has always kept to himself....Seun needs traffic and if you have something that brings traffic...it will be on frontpage......traffic brings money not emotions and sentiments... Mmm,tonto dikeh,politics,Biafra and d Likes brings traffic!!!....create you own platform and push any cause you want ,stop lampooning any media outlet for supporting or going against a cause....nansense!!!!!..... As if Seun owes you anything!!!!!

so why is traffic limited to only those issues?

i dont run an IT platform...besides we dont all have to be blogeers or IT persons...

so cos singing about sex gets you more fans...you should?
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by zendy: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
A lot of Nigerians dont say anything when the Police and Army shoot unarmed IPOB protesters.

I will be waiting to see if the same people also keep their mouths shut when Police and Army shoot unarmed Tuface protesters.

What is good for the Goose is also good for the Gander

1 Like

Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
Who knows how many people go die that day
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by MrOreo(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
Your number 3 tho, shey na Os..... u dey call ugly governor cheesy ??
Nice write ups
istandwith smiley smiley
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by megareal: 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
No 2 is not intentional.

Tuface didn't start the protest. He simply lent his voice to it and it became his thing because he may have been the first celebrity to do that.

Now he is reckoned with the protest and I salute his courage for forging ahead inspite of threats and oppositions.

#Istandwith2face.
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by firstking01(m): 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lalasticlala what do you gotta say on that no 5?
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
Jaftee:
I have noticed no5 too. I don't know the moderator for Politics section, but I notice he is sympathetic to anything that is pro Islam and this government. I think we need an atheist to head this section.

spot on...your head they dia
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:

you do have a point tho...
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by swimmer: 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:

this guy insults the OP...the almighty mods didnt see that...then they ban him for replying the guy....

i get it.....his article stings them... typical Nigerians!
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by babyfaceafrica: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2017
swimmer:

this guy insults the OP...the almighty mods didnt see that...then they ban him for replying the guy....

i get it.....his article stings them... typical Nigerians!
show me one insult in the post,....the op called me names
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by swimmer: 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
show me one insult in the post,....the op called me an names

Blood of tuface!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

@ 'an names' (gbagaun aiye!!!)

you attacked him na...you said he was saying 'nansence'...but i get...you were fighting the Mod's cause by proxy so it make sense to back you and ban the guy...

funny platform that imposes sensorship....
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by babyfaceafrica: 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2017
swimmer:

Blood of tuface!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

@ 'an names' (gbagaun aiye!!!)

you attacked him na...you said he was saying 'nansence'...but i get...you were fighting the Mod's cause by proxy so it make sense to back you and ban the guy...

funny platform that imposes sensorship....

so he is right to have insulted me and called me names because I said he write nansense..I know ur type..k
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by Bugatie(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
No 6- Buhari will know how bad he has damaged the country!
Re: 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest by swimmer: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2017
Bugatie:
No 6- Buhari will know how bad he has damaged the country!

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Eric Send Condoles Message To Aisha Over The Death Of President Buhari In UK / Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo 22nd August 1967 / YORUBA Group Visits Kanu, Pledges Support For Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.