Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Almost Paradise - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Paradise (142994 Views)

Wilderness In Paradise (non-fiction) / TRAGIC PARADISE By Idorenyin Matthew / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Paradise by Akinwale14(m): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2017
candy:

@Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga, Hadampson, Akinwale14, Enigurl, Lolaabokoku
Thanks I'm here
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2017
Missmossy:
Madam Candy vexing for you, you didn't ask of me all these while i haven't been online. Still following, happy Liz has become more bold to face Ella the devil. Thumbs up dear, don't be discouraged, the Lord is your strength at all times. Cheers!
I actually noticed your absence but I thought you were quiet because I didn't update on time. Sorry my sister. Keep following.
Re: Almost Paradise by mercyymai(f): 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thks for the update sis..... Tho u didn't mention me.
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
candy:

@Harjibolar10,ruffhandu,Kingphilip,Hameenat94,Sexysapphire,Jennimma,Mariamferanmi ,QueenTolpatx ,zyzxx ,sammyomotola, calmdove,Rosytonia ,skimpledawg ,joliej ,bolajJP007 ,MaBuk ,YasirNasir,Missviva ,Missmossy ,debdave,tescoleps ,hassan85,seunviju,tsodjete,
yinksaid,Cestmoi1,Stuff46,Whizbee,Nancydearie,Vijon,BashirAhmad1,snowangel4,Stonecoldcafe,fatalveli,Bblacky,teemanbastos,lenmafon,Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Plaitex,tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,telad,arheeda,MaBuk,estellar12,mohjisolah,Debbysky,booqee,fragilegal,Queenxtar,Jayminna,chumzypinky,Adesina12,queenitee,slimzjoe, holuwanoisy111, jupitre,bossy512, kajsa08, wizsolzy, waluga, Hadampson, Akinwale14, Enigurl, Lolaabokoku
So Darasimi is back to her real self now. This Liz is one hell of a virtuous woman o. Ella you better go and sit down. Mummy candy, thank you jae
Re: Almost Paradise by EvaJael(f): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Candy,I'm happy you continued this story. I started reading as a guest. I remember rushing to read updates even when I had exams the next day. More wisdom to your brain dear
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks for the update..I've been checking like kilode. grin
Re: Almost Paradise by vickyviolet(f): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
nice story
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2017
More update please.. Thanks
Re: Almost Paradise by Adesina12: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2017
Candy

well done ooooya update
Re: Almost Paradise by shevydinho(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
candy:
Chapter Thirty One

Liz carefully laid Darasimi’s head on the pillow and stood up, facing Ella, eyeball to eyeball. “You do that, Ella, and you will have a real force to contend with.” She said, “besides, Darasimi is as much my daughter as she’s yours, if not more.”

epic
Re: Almost Paradise by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
candy is a bae muah... don't forget to mention me in ur next updates,, ride on honey
Re: Almost Paradise by nerd51(f): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
sis Candy, this story is really mind blowing. I started reading it today and i couldnt drop my phone. Anxiously waiting for the next update
Re: Almost Paradise by Abidx22(m): 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sighs.. ..............what a well laid plot. In fact I must confess, never followed a captivating story as this before. Madame candy! More ink to your pen... ..You got my back.
Re: Almost Paradise by Abidx22(m): 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sensing a deu ex machina might come in the way of evil plotters which might change the direction the story seems headed.. People change though.. .from bad to good and otherwise
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2017
Please what is really happening?
Re: Almost Paradise by Queensiju: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Thanks for continuing the story. More wisdom.
Re: Almost Paradise by KaBabs1: 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hi Candy. I hope you are doing well. I think you have awesome writing skills; your descriptive and narrative skills are impressive. Please do you think you will have time to write short stories for me at a price? I know you're very busy but if you think you can make time you can contact me on adeyinkaa9@g..ma.il.co.m. Oh and if you think you won't have time, can you kindly suggest good writers to me. You can send their contacts to my mail or ask them to contact me. Thank you so much
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
KaBabs1:
Hi Candy. I hope you are doing well. I think you have awesome writing skills; your descriptive and narrative skills are impressive. Please do you think you will have time to write short stories for me at a price? I know you're very busy but if you think you can make time you can contact me on adeyinkaa9@g..ma.il.co.m. Oh and if you think you won't have time, can you kindly suggest good writers to me. You can send their contacts to my mail or ask them to contact me. Thank you so much
Thanks, I will definitely get back to you.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
please post a story it's been awhile
Re: Almost Paradise by mercyymai(f): 12:20am On Jul 19, 2017
Aunty Candy, I hope u haven't forgetten that u didn't post snc two wks now..... We are patiently waiting for the next update
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 10:58am On Jul 19, 2017
Mama candy, hope all is well?
Re: Almost Paradise by Pinkfeet: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2017
nice story[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
**************************************************************************************************

Chapter Thirty Two

Burning with anger, Ella turned to Darasimi, her eyes blazing red. She never expected Liz could raise her voice against her. “She is not your mother.”

Darasimi managed to crack a weak smile and said, “Well, I know that. But she was there for me in ways only a mother can. So, mother, please let her be.”

Liz, still shocked at her new found confidence, hugged Darasimi and gave her a peck on the cheeks. “You are an adult, a mother too. I will be there for you and the baby whenever you need me. I love you.” She walked to the baby’s cot and picked up the now crying baby, rocking her even as the nurse prepared her milk. “Grandma will excuse you, so you can drink your milk now.” She said to the baby. With that, she grabbed Dr Deji’s hands and led him to the door and out, without looking back.

“You are crying!” Deji said as they headed down the few stairs that led to the reception.

“I...I...oh my, I should have stayed back to nurse that baby.” She said amidst tears. “Darasimi needs me more now.”
Deji held her hands and looked into her eyes, “I assure you they will come looking for you in no time.”

“Really? I hope so.” She said.

It was dark outside, but the hospital’s security lights illuminated the car park well enough. The hospital building and the Pentecostal church behind it were the only two buildings that reflected lights on the houses that lined the street as Deji tried to drive around the pot holes that marked the once-tarred road that led to the highway.

“Do I drop you off in your house? You know we are closer there now.” Deji offered as he connected the highway. There was still a little bit of awkwardness between them, following their discussion earlier. Neither of them was willing to revisit the topic, but somehow, they both knew it was unavoidable.

“No, Deji. Drop me off at mama’s place.”

The traffic on the Eleyele- Aleshinloye highway was unusually heavy, but Liz had insisted on going to mama’s place at Oke Ado so sge could spend more time with him.

Deji took a deep breath and placed his right hand gently on her thigh in a show of affection. “I’m sorry for everything, Liz.” The words got stuck in his throat, but he forced himself to continue.. “I love you Liz, I really do.”

“I really do love you too, Deji.” Liz said affectionately. Her response shocked them both. Even Liz did not realise how much she loved him until she uttered it.

Even though Deji could not see her warm smile, he felt it in her words. In his excitement, he pulled the car over and drew her close to his chest in a warm embrace. “You are the best thing that has ever happened to me.” He whispered in her ears and sealed it with a passionate kiss.

“pin...pin...pin...” A car’s continuous honking brought them back to reality. “WEREY!” The driver of the rickety gulf three taxi shouted at the love birds. “Move your ye ye car out of the way.” He shouted impatiently in the usual agbero way, his passengers’ voices in support. It took the man’s rant to make him realise he was parked at the entrance of a gas station.

“Sorry.” He shouted back at the now impatient cab man and his passengers.”

“Sorry for yourself.” The man shouted back as he drove into the filling station. Dr Deji and Liz couldn’t help but laugh at the episode. “I didn’t even notice I was blocking an entrance.” Deji said jokingly.

“The man is definitely counting the number of trips...no time for him to waste time.” Liz said and they both laughed out loud, leaving their sorrows behind as they drove further into the busy roads.

4 Likes

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2017

Desperate as she was to leave the hospital, the doctor refused to discharge her until the morning of the third day. Otunba and Ella drove her back home. Her right wrist ached from the IV the doctor had given her. After two days without real solid food, she should have been ravenous, but the shock of her emotions killed her appetite. She forced herself to chew slowly on the apple her dad brought along.

“Baby, if you don’t eat, you will not lactate and the baby will have nothing to eat.” Otunba said, after watching her nimble on the apple through the mirror.

“Hey...hey...hey...don’t bring that at all” Liz raised her hand to his face as if cautioning a child. “She doesn’t need to breastfeed any baby. The baby has enough Nan 1 as recommended. You want suitors to start running away from her because of some saggy breasts?”

“That’s enough!” Darasimi shouted in frustration. “I will breastfeed my baby, it’s a wonderful experience.”
Ella kept mute, in shock. Then she flared up. “Have your baby, you can as well start breastfeeding her right now.” She passed the baby to Darasimi who sat at the back.

“Dad, take me to my father’s house, there is a mother there who is willing to go all the way for me.”

“Don’t insult your mother like that!” Otunba admonished her. “Besides, grandma is there, waiting for you and the baby in her house.”

They drove on in silence for some time, while Darasimi tried to breastfeed the baby. Her emotional turmoil weighed her down as she looked at her baby whom Ella had nicknamed a bastard right from inception.

Grandma’s welcome was somewhat cold and as she ushered them into her livingroom. “Let me have the baby.” She finally said after they’ve been seated for over 30minutes. Her eyes wavered as if she’d become dizy. She lowered her head and massaged her neck with one hand, the other held the baby. Darasimi quickly took the baby from her when it seemed she was going to drop her on the floor.

“Are you alright mother?” Otunba and Ella chorused, concern written on their faces. The maid looked surprised at mama’s little display and Darasimi just kept mute.

Seconds passed. Gradually she looked up at the people around her, her eyes looking tired. “I’ve been warned against stress by my doctor—“

“Grandma, if you are putting up this act because of me and the baby, I assure you we’ll be fine without your help.” Darasimi said and rushed out of the room with her crying baby.

With the help of Esther the maid, she unpacked her things and relaxed on the bed, her baby placed carefully beside her. “Thank you, Esther. I’ll like to sleep now.” She said, tears flowing freely, unrestrained. Finally, She shook her head and wallowed in self pity, silent tears flowing freely down her pale cheeks. Then she felt the blood rushing through her pad. She knew she had to take things easy. She had been warned against straining herself.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Paradise by kajsa08: 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
wow! now darasimi would know the diff between an egg donor and a mother.
Re: Almost Paradise by StephanieElla24: 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Oooh gud to hv u back Candy altho it has been lyk for ages...... Hmmm I pity Darasimi tho, thnk God she has realised her mistake
Re: Almost Paradise by harjibolar10(m): 2:00am On Jul 21, 2017
candy:
“Baby, if you don’t eat, you will not lactate and the baby will have nothing to eat.” Otunba said, after watching her nimble on the apple through the mirror.
Now, I'm not too sure of what this man really want or what he really is. He want to be acting like a good father, who he was or he just made the statement or "making" sake... Well, I'm here watching

“Hey...hey...hey...don’t bring that at all” Liz Ella raised her hand to his face as if cautioning a child. “She doesn’t need to breastfeed any baby. The baby has enough Nan 1 as recommended. You want suitors to start running away from her because of some saggy breasts?”
Wow!!! Imagine the statement coming from a mother, who cares much about the appearance more than the soul... Well, what more do I expect from a mother that left her baby at infantry stage without second thought?

“That’s enough!” Darasimi shouted in frustration. “I will breastfeed my baby, it’s a wonderful experience.
That's the spirit dear, you're getting there and you'll be there... Now's the time to make up for your mistakes

Thanks ma'am, keep em coming
Re: Almost Paradise by mercyymai(f): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2017
Thks for the update sis. When shu will expect next update
Re: Almost Paradise by Pinkfeet: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
thanks for update
Re: Almost Paradise by bummybummy(f): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
am in love with this story but u just Left us hanging since dis days. more update ma
Re: Almost Paradise by mercyymai(f): 2:53am On Jul 26, 2017
Pls sis don't forget dz wk update......

Some of us can't do without checking for an update
Re: Almost Paradise by queenitee(f): 11:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks for the update ma. I feel sorry for Darasimi sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.