Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,358 members, 7,850,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. (4100 Views)

Okorocha Has Gone Again To Complain To Buhari Over Imo APC Politics / Obiano Should Be Disqualified For Campaigning At Polling Unit - PDP (Photo) / Anambra Election: APC Will Win. Obiano Should Go To Court, Nwoye Vows. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by greatiyk4u(m): 8:14am On Feb 03, 2017
the simple truth is that Willie is working more online than in reality

most of the projects many people attribute to him were actually done by Obi and Ngige

it is the transfer of hatred and aggression for Rochas romance with Buhari and APC that is causing all these media hatred on him

the masses on ground know and appreciate what Rochas has been/is doing for them

the so called Anambra Rice the hyped Willie with as an achievement is no where to be found in Anambra markets talk more of crossing neighbouring state yet many online warriors have been celebrating him online for it

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by LasGidiOwner: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2017
Genuine and good Imolites are on Facebook matching their useless governor for releasing newspaper projects..... cheesy

Be the judge!

Ya kpotuba...

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by luvinhubby(m): 8:18am On Feb 03, 2017
FKO81:
[b][/b]

Okorocha, Gov Obiano is spending three years in office yours is six years stop deceiving yourself

Let start from gov Obiano's two years achievements

Exactly two years ago today, I assumed office as your governor on a cloud of hope. Umu nnem, two years down the road, I am proud to announce to you that we have laid a very good foundation for a better Anambra State. After two years of applying myself to the service of Anambra State, I am happy to look back at what we have achieved and thank you all for your support and prayers.
Ndi Anambra, before I tell you exactly what we have done, it is important to remember that in the past two years, our country Nigeria has passed through one of the worst periods since independence. Oil prices have crashed to the lowest possible point and the Naira fell with it. Most of the allocations from the Federation Account have dried up and left huge gaps in the revenues of states. The consequences are severe and unpleasant. But the good news is that our story is different in Anambra State. We foresaw the impending storm and made adequate preparations for the rainy day. The fact is that when I took over the leadership of Anambra State, my first impulse as a financial expert was to organise a Strategic Retreat for my Executive Council Members to prepare my team for the task at hand. It was at the Retreat that we brain-stormed on the economy and detected the impending fall in oil prices. We have also had more retreats and a Summit on IGR. All these prepared us for the tough times at hand. The result is that while other states are grappling with this new reality, we are not only increasing salaries but we are busy building bridges.
Now, the basic question to ask is ‘how did we do it?’ The answer is simple. We began by defining our Vision and Mission in Anambra State. I stated that my Vision was to make Anambra State the 1st Choice Investment Destination and a hub for industrialization and commercial activities. I also declared that my Mission was to make Anambra State a socially stable, business-friendly environment that would attract both indigenes and foreigners to seek wealth-creating opportunities. To guarantee the realisation of these two Statements, we crafted a Blueprint known as the Four Pillars of Development which revolves around Agriculture, Industrialization, Trade and Commerce and Oil & Gas. The Vision and Mission Statements come together in a perfect synergy with the Four Pillars of Development to make up my dream for Anambra State.
However, from the very beginning, it was clear to me as daylight, that the major obstacle that stood in the way of my dreams for Anambra State was the challenge of Security. The undeniable fact before us was that since the end of the Biafran War, Anambra State had been the theatre of crime and criminality in the South East of Nigeria. I figured out that there could be no meaningful progress in this state without a successful attack against crime. I knew that no investor would go to a crime-ridden environment. So, we launched an all-out war against kidnappers, armed robbers, drug-dealers and child-traffickers. We smashed crime syndicates and pulled down the warehouses used for keeping kidnap victims. We donated smart cars to the police, a gunboat to the Navy and last Christmas, we launched police helicopters to watch over our skies. And so, for the first time since the creation of this great state, we made sure that Anambra was effectively covered on the land, in the waters and in the sky! With that effort, we achieved 360 degrees security coverage of the state! Not only that, we also solved the 46-year old puzzle of crime in Anambra State! With that effort too, it is no longer in doubt that Anambra is the safest state in Nigeria. And for the second time since the creation of Anambra State, we celebrated Christmas last year without a single incident of crime! Ndi Anambra, that is how far we have come on the journey to a safer Anambra State.

Opening Anambra up to the World
The immediate benefit of ridding Anambra State of crime is that we have also opened our dear state up to the world. We have made our state attractive to our great sons and daughters and to wise investors. However, to harness the opportunities created by our emergence as Nigeria’s safest state, we established the Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA). This Agency has the mandate of attracting investments and fast-tracking the process of investing in Anambra State. To date, ANSIPPA has attracted investments valued at $3.2billion to Anambra State. All the investments we have attracted so far cut across Agriculture, Trade & Commerce, manufacturing, hospitality, housing, electricity generation, waste management, health and oil and gas. More investments are coming.
The Employment Values we have created so far.
Ndi be’anyi, when I asked for your votes in 2013, I promised you that I would give you jobs, jobs, jobs! Today, I am proud to declare that with the quality of investments we have attracted so far, the unemployment problem we have in the state will be drastically reduced in no distant time. Here is our projection for the jobs that will be created from the investments we have attracted –
Agriculture – 27,000 direct jobs and 100,000 indirect jobs
Industry, Trade & Commerce – 12,000 direct jobs and 45,000 indirect jobs

Real Estate & Hospitality – 11,000 direct jobs and 39,500 indirect jobs
Power & Transportation – 2,000 direct jobs and 8,200 indirect jobs
Health – 500 direct jobs and 1,900 indirect jobs
Total number of jobs expected – 52,500 direct jobs and 200,000 indirect jobs
We have also effectively trained 500 youths in diverse skills and crafts at the Technology Incubation Centre in Nnewi while 500 other youths have been trained at the Agricultural Training Institute in Mgbakwu. We have great plans for our youths and the unemployed in Anambra State!

Update on my Economic Blueprint
Umu nnem, you may recall that in my Inaugural Address, I had declared that “the time has come to prove to ourselves that the enterprising spirit for which our people are known all over the world can take firm roots at home; that together as one, we can be masters of our own house!” I had also assured, that “under my administration, we have no choice than to decide whether we are truly the sons and daughters of our fathers and true heirs to their long history of pioneering excellence!” Brothers and sisters, our achievements in the last two years have confirmed that truly, we are the children of our fathers. Obu nna anyi mulu anyi! A look at what we did with the Four Pillars of Development confirms this. And here is what we did. First…

Agriculture
Agriculture is the leading pillar of my Economic Blueprint. That was why, two months after my inauguration; we launched our Agricultural Revolution in Nteje, Oyi Local Government Headquarters. Our Objective is to be in the Top-Three agricultural states in Nigeria. Ndi Anambra, two years after, we have almost realised this objective. Anambra has become an exporter of farm produce to Europe. Songhai Farms has reached an agreement with SABMiller for the supply of Sorghum, produced in Igbariam for brewing beverages. This will create more jobs. This is the kind of synergy we want to create in Anambra State. We have also flooded the market with a wholly indigenous brand of rice known as Anambra Rice which is competing favourably with other brands in the market. The question here again is how did we do it? We simply made Agriculture a priority and set up a Special Committee on Agriculture with prominent agronomists and charged it to produce a blueprint for revolutionizing agriculture. This committee carried out a comprehensive survey of our soil to determine where each food crop would grow better. We also set up a Committee for Land Acquisition and Mediation. The Committee ensures that all matters pertaining to the availability of land to investors are handled to the satisfaction of all parties. In specific terms, we have so far attracted $150m from Coscharis Farms Project in Anaku, $50m from NOVTEC Farms Ltd in Ndikelionwu, $160m from Joseph Agro Ltd rice project in Omor, $220m from Ekcel Farms tomato production farm in Omasi and $50m from the Songhai/Delfarms integrated organic farm project in Igbariam. There are also Grains & Silos with $40m investment in storage facilities, Lynden Farms with the $61m poultry farm in Igbariam and Tricity Integrated Farms with $11.4m ultra-modern abattoir in Awka. Indeed, the fire of agricultural revolution is raging in Anambra State. A visit to Igbariam or Anaku will validate this. Next is…

Industrialization
Our objective in Industrialization is to become one of the top 3 industrialized states in Nigeria. We are pursuing this in four key areas –
Creation of Modern Industrial Parks and Small-to-medium Enterprise Clusters, Improved Investments and better Access to Financing and finally, Strategic Capacity Building. We have so far attracted over $140 million investment to the manufacturing sector. But beyond that, we have also set precedence in the area of building critical alliances with foreign trade delegations. At the last count, we had hosted Trade Missions from Thailand, Ireland and the UK and quite recently, a delegation from the British Commonwealth Office in London visited me in Amawbia to explore possibilities of stronger bilateral relations. The Consular General of the United States of America also arrived with his own team a fortnight ago. We have also held fruitful bilateral talks with South Africa, China, Germany, South Korea and the European Union. Sincerely, the future is very bright for Anambra State! Next among the Four Pillars is…

Trade & Commerce
Our objective in Trade and Commerce is to move Anambra to the Top-3 states in Trade and Commerce in Nigeria. To achieve this, we are rehabilitating our existing markets and building ultramodern shopping malls across the state. We have also flagged off the construction of a $350 million wholesale shopping complex in Ogbunike in Oyi LGA. This commercial and lifestyle complex will be the first of its kind in Africa. Onitsha Shopping Mall a legacy project of my predecessor that we have completed will open for business in April this year. We have also increased the pace of work on the two other malls in Awka and Nnewi. Other achievements include the 1st Phase of the 20,000-unit International Market at Oba in Idemili South Local Government Area valued at $75 million dollars and the installation of Close-Circuit TV Cameras (CCTV) in Onitsha Main Market. Next is …

Oil & Gas
Anambra State is blessed with over one billion barrels of oil and 30 trillion cubic feet of gas. Our objective is to have a fully developed Oil & Gas sector by 2018. We intend to achieve this through 3 broad areas of intervention – policy formulation & infrastructure development, private sector participation and community re-orientation. In the area of Policy Formulation, we have ensured that we do not make the same mistakes of our neighbours by crafting far-sighted policies and statutes to drive the development of this sector. We have set up the Oil and Gas Advisory Committee headed by the renowned Dr. Emmanuel Egboga, the former Special Adviser to the President on Petroleum Matters to ensure the recognition of Anambra as the 10th Oil Producing State in Nigeria.
Other achievements are the construction Anambra’s longest bridge, measuring 280 meters long, across the Omambala River as part of the 42KM road that opens access to the oil fields in Aguleri. We are also building two other bridges to the oil fields through Umueje in Ayamelum and Umudiora in Anambra West Local Government Areas. Still on Oil & Gas, we are partnering with UD Integrated Petroleum Production Development Company, UDIPPCO, and Falcon Corporation Limited to invest in the development of our gas-to-power initiative in the State. We also have a PPP arrangement with STANEL Petroleum for the construction of tank farms for the storage of petroleum products in the State. These investments will jumpstart the Industrialization of our dear state, drive Agriculture and Trade & Commerce which are the key economic pillars of my Administration.
Ndi Anambra, this is what we have done so far with The Four Pillars of Development.
Now, let’s look at some Key Enablers.
The Enablers are the basic foundation upon which the Four Pillars of Development stand. There are 12 of them but I will limit my Report to only 8 because of time.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by luvinhubby(m): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2017
greatiyk4u:

most of the projects many people attribute to him were actually done by Obi and Ngige

it is the transfer of hatred and aggression for Rochas romance with Buhari and APC that is causing all these media hatred on him

the so called Anambra Rice the hyped Willie with as an achievement is no where to be found in Anambra markets talk more of crossing neighbouring state yet many online warriors have been celebrating him online for it

Stop talking what you do not know, i have bought two bags of that rice at ₦17,000 for 50kg, still eating one now, and it is very tasty.

Pix attached to burst your lie.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by luvinhubby(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2017
vengertime:
On behalf of imolites, we sincerely apologise to our dear brothers from Anambra. IMO case is so unfortunate, Rochas is a fraudster from North. We can't believe obiano is having an argument with a thief like Rochas. Who have reduced imo state to the poorest state in Nigeria. IMO people are dying. We need obiano on loan after his tenure, to help rescue imo state

Hang in umunnem ndi Imo, we ndi Anambra are with you on this mission to salvage ala Imo from the fraudster Rochas, God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by kapai(m): 8:45am On Feb 03, 2017

Please I want to get it straight,am from Anambra and not a fan of any of the governors.I support good governance.
Am to believe we are all seeing the size of the rice bag according to the picture and u quoted 50kg while the picture is 25kg.
Please clear us
luvinhubby:

Stop talking what you do not know, i have bought two bags of that rice at ₦17,000 for 50kg, still eating one now, and it is very tasty.

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Yyeske(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Why not keep quiet if you have nothing to say? Anambra Rice® is there in markets in Anambra

Okorocha and Obiano can never be on the same sentence in terms of developmental achievements

Okorocha is a media governor we all know, he destroyed Owerri and Orlu and reduced Owerri from one of the most beautiful cities to what it is today, traverse the road from Ihiala to Orlu and notice the difference immediately you are in Imo

He piled up debts for the unborn generation with only the biggest Christmas tree in Africa to show for it

Civil servants are not smiling with no pay, pensioners are not remembered at all

Okorocha should be hanged by his balls for reducing Imo to this

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by greatiyk4u(m): 9:05am On Feb 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Why not keep quiet if you have nothing to say? Anambra Rice® is there in markets in Anambra

Okorocha and Obiano can never be on the same sentence in terms of developmental achievements

Okorocha is a media governor we all know, he destroyed Owerri and Orlu and reduced Owerri from one of the most beautiful cities to what it is today, traverse the road from Ihiala to Orlu and notice the difference immediately you are in Imo

He piled up debts for the unborn generation with only the biggest Christmas tree in Africa to show for it

Civil servants are not smiling with no pay, pensioners are not remembered at all

Okorocha should be hanged by his balls for reducing Imo to this

wch Anambra market exactly?

awka is the least developed state capital in Nigeria incase u dont know

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by greatiyk4u(m): 9:07am On Feb 03, 2017
luvinhubby:

pictures abound online to post

where exactly did u buy it and why is it not found in any market in Enugu with all the hype?

make una fear God small
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Yyeske(m): 9:15am On Feb 03, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Obviously you don't live here, move around markets in the state and ask for it

As for your aspersion for Awka, dat one na another topic
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by luvinhubby(m): 9:15am On Feb 03, 2017
greatiyk4u:

where exactly did u buy it and why is it not found in any market in Enugu with all the hype?

make una fear God small

Even with the background carpet of my store?

I bought mine from the mill at Amichi and the last one from the trade fair at Ekwueme square.
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Abagworo(m): 9:17am On Feb 03, 2017
luvinhubby:

Chino tell me where to see it in Port Harcourt. Moreover anyone can rebag rice using any State of choice. There sure are rice farms in Anambra State but none is owned by the State but individuals. Ebonyi has 100 times more of such farms but have you seen Umahi's or Elechi's pics on any Ebonyi made rice?
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by luvinhubby(m): 9:19am On Feb 03, 2017
greatiyk4u:

make una fear God small

Just posted the background pix of my store without the rice to continue bursting your lies.

Oya try again.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Abagworo(m): 9:20am On Feb 03, 2017
Chino let's simply list projects executed by the 2 Governors to clarify and make things easy for the neutral to judge.
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Csami(m): 9:22am On Feb 03, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Oga, why can't you keep quiet if you know nothing about imo state.
Rochas 2000 verifiable white elephant projects include construction of roundabout where he sees a T-junction. Guess how many T-junctions are in Imo state? More than a thousand.
His Christmas tree, I'm sure he's gonna claim shoprite as his project too someday.
You can't be in Enugu and start arguing what you know nothing about in Imo. Aside Kaduna, I've spent more time in imo than anywhere else in this country.
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by LasGidiOwner: 9:22am On Feb 03, 2017
Luvinhuby is equally chino? Are you really cursed?

Now lemme school you bastard. Anambra rice whether individual or corporate IT IS ANAMBRA RICE!

Obiano brought Coscharis and others to invest in a commercial rice farm therefore it is Anambra rice, grown on Anambra soil. Before Obiano there was nothing like a commercial rice farm of that magnitude.

By the way show us Imo rice anywhere in your state..

[s]
Abagworo:

Chino tell me where to see it in Port Harcourt. Moreover anyone can rebag rice using any State of choice. There sure are rice farms in Anambra State but none is owned by the State but individuals. Ebonyi has 100 times more of such farms but have you seen Umahi's or Elechi's pics on any Ebonyi made rice?
[/s]
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by luvinhubby(m): 9:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Abagworo:

Correction, Chino is not Luvinhubby.

Maybe you will need to read up another meaning for PARTNERSHIP.
Ebonyi state can decide to partner rice farmers or not, that is their vision.
Maybe LAKE rice is also a private and not state sponsored venture.
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by LasGidiOwner: 9:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Go through the list posted by FK. That was just 2yrs of Obiano. Now compare it to 7 wasted yrs of Okorocha..

The difference is clear as night and day cool

[s]
Abagworo:
Chino let's simply list projects executed by the 2 Governors to clarify and make things easy for the neutral to judge.
[/s]
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Abagworo(m): 9:27am On Feb 03, 2017
This Imo palm oil was produced at Ohaji by Imo Palms which has issues because of clash of interest of multiple host communities at the moment but the natives still use these cans in selling their palm oil. The question is what is Okorocha's business with this palm oil produced by individuals but with the name Imo written on it? The answer is nothing. Same applies to Obiano.

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Yyeske(m): 9:30am On Feb 03, 2017
Abagworo:

Yes, Ebonyi has 100 times what we have as you stated but Anambra has twice what Imo and Rivers have put together. You think you can put us and ndi Ebonyi at loggerheads?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by luvinhubby(m): 9:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Abagworo:

Nnaa ifele ona emekwa unu?
Comparing a 3yr old administration with a 7yr old failure?

Even with 2 back to back bailouts, Rochas is still owing salaries and pensions compared to Anambra that has not received 1 kobo bailout, owed ₦48 billion in FG projects and is not owing a penny of salaries and pensions is the Willie you comparing him with.

Ndi Imo we are praying with you for one more and final ghost slap to end your sufferings.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Yyeske(m): 9:36am On Feb 03, 2017
luvinhubby:

Nnaa ifele ona emekwa unu?
Comparing a 3yr old administration with a 7yr old failure?

Even with 2 back to back bailouts, Rochas is still owing salaries and pensions compared to Anambra that has not received 1 kobo bailout, owed ₦48 billion in FG projects and is not owing a penny of salaries and pensions is the Willie you comparing him with.

Ndi Imo we are praying with you for one and final ghost slap to end your sufferings.
Don't mind those eediots, piles of debts and only one big Christmas tree to show for it.
Remind them that civil servants here received salaries on 24/25 January and all pensioners have been paid

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by LasGidiOwner: 9:37am On Feb 03, 2017
Nwokem just shut up. What effort has okorocha made in agriculture than playing politics? I have warned you to stop comparing light and darkness.

Obiano brought Coscharis and signed a CofO for the massive land they gave them for commercial farms even went ahead to construct over 20km road leading to the farm. Do you know how much employment that has been created so far? What has okorocha done other than talking everyday.

[s]
Abagworo:
This Imo palm oil was produced at Ohaji by Imo Palms which has issues because of clash of interest of multiple host communities at the moment but the natives still use these cans in selling their palm oil. The question is what is Okorocha's business with this palm oil produced by individuals but with the name Imo written on it? The answer is nothing. Same applies to Obiano.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by LasGidiOwner: 9:50am On Feb 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Yes, Ebonyi has 100 times what we have as you stated but Anambra has twice what Imo and Rivers have put together. You think you can put us and ndi Ebonyi at loggerheads?

Nwanne abeg remove Rivers state. Let us face our common enemy which is Imo state. Rivers under Wike is doing well.
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Anago5000: 10:04am On Feb 03, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Ikechukwu.you better stay away from this thread now before Chino11 AKA lasgidiowner descend on ur enugu.my hand no dey ooo
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Anago5000: 10:08am On Feb 03, 2017
Yyeske:
He dare not try that.we are known for butchering.we will butcher him here.Cc:Cyberwolf
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Anago5000: 10:10am On Feb 03, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

Nwanne abeg remove Rivers state. Let us face our common enemy which is Imo state. Rivers under Wike is doing well.
Chino my man.kee way?
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by LasGidiOwner: 10:14am On Feb 03, 2017
I know your useless state is causing you alot of frustration.. cheesy

Lemme break it down for you. Awka is the new Dubai of Nigeria and Anambra is the fastest developing state in Nigeria after Abuja and Lagos state. Take it to the world bank for payment..

greatiyk4u:

Owerri is the least developed state capital in Nigeria incase u dont know

I agree with this though..

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by wristbangle: 10:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Fedayeen02:
[s]How come its only yorubas that are defending Rochas here? This is another food for thought[/s]

Pls don't involve the yorubas. It's none of our business to interfere on an issue that doesn't concern us. Stop dis gracing yourself and your folks abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Abagworo(m): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Nwokem just shut up. What effort has okorocha made in agriculture than playing politics? I have warned you to stop comparing light and darkness.

Obiano brought Coscharis and signed a CofO for the massive land they gave them for commercial farms even went ahead to construct over 20km road leading to the farm. Do you know how much employment that has been created so far? What has okorocha done other than talking everyday.

[s][/s]

Coscharis built a farm on his own just like Arthur Eze is about doing. Obiano did nit force them to be wise enough to invest home.
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by Abagworo(m): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Okorocha Has Executed Over 2000 Verifiable Projects. Obiano Should Publish His. by LasGidiOwner: 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nwokem I have warned you to shut up over things you do not know. Below was where Coscharis started his exploit with Obiano. Go and develop your useless state and leave my people alone... cool

[s]
Abagworo:

Coscharis built a farm on his own just like Arthur Eze is about doing. Obiano did nit force them to be wise enough to invest home.
[/s]

Obiano moves to make Anambra leading rice producer

In fulfilment of his campaign promise of revolutionissing agriculture to boost food production and create jobs, Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, at the weekend commissioned a multi-billion naira farm project in partnership with the Coscharis Group at Anaku town in Ayamelum Local Government Area of the state

Performing the opening ceremonies to mark the take-off of the project known as the Coched Farms Project, Governor Obiano assured of his administration’s determination to make Anambra State the number one state in rice production in the country, starting with a projected increase in the volume of rice production in the state from the present 80,000 metric tons to 400,000 metric tons.

To speed up the achievement of this target, the governor announced that the state had commenced the distribution of 120,000 metric tons of high-yielding rice species to farmers for this year’s planting season through their various cooperative societies which he noted would give the state over 300,000 metric tons of rice at harvest time.

The Coched Farm Project is a joint venture between the state government and the Coscharis Group that will lead to the cultivation of 2,500 hectares of rice per season and a production capacity of 12,000 metric tons per annum in the first phase.

Obiano explained that the importance of the project would be better understood by examining its projected impact on the lives of the people. “This enterprise will generate about 1000 full-time and seasonal jobs for youths and women across the entire rice value chain. The farm is expected to produce 8,000 to 12,000 metric tons of paddy per annum with an expected income of N400 million to N600 million per annum from paddy when fully developed. At an estimated market value of N140,000 per metric ton of processed rice, the expected income will be between N784 million to N1.176 billion per annum when the production and processing infrastructure are fully developed. These estimates fall nicely into my campaign promise to Ndi Anambra that we shall drive development through agriculture to create jobs, jobs, jobs, boost our domestic economy and shore up the revenue profile of the State,’ he said.

He revealed that the state government had already committed N300 million to the partnership and structured the venture to benefit the community, the state and the country.

Offering insight into his administration’s decision to focus on rice production, Governor Obiano explained that apart from the availability of arable land, he was aware of some impressive statistics which cited Nigeria as the largest consumer of rice on the continent with six million metric tons of rice consumed annually in the country.

According to him, half of the volume was imported while 2.8 million metric tons was produced locally, pointing out that Nigeria spent about N365 billion on importing rice annually (an average of N1 billion per day).

The governor recalled that since his inauguration on March 17, his administration had been “consumed by the titanic effort to remake Anambra State, by planting a tree of hope in the society and nurturing it with tenderness till harvest time,” adding that the Coched Farm Project came into being as a response from industrialists and entrepreneurs whom he held discussions with at an all-important meeting of illustrious sons and daughters of the state.

According to him, Chief Cosmas Maduka, chairman of Coscharis Group was one of those who heeded the call and resolved to support the state’s wealth creation efforts with their ingenuity and finance and helped to facilitate the Coched Farm Project at Anaku.

While enjoining others to emulate Coscharis effort so that there would be many more similar investments in the agricultural sector, he disclosed that more major investors would soon be in the state to embark on commercial and mechanised agriculture in the various agricultural belts of the state, which he observed would attract more agro-based industries with increased value benefits, wealth creation and employment opportunities.

The governor restated the focus of his administration on some of its set targets for agriculture in the state, three of which he named as follows: “That Anambra State should be among the top three states in agricultural production in Nigeria; that Anambra State should become number one in the production of rice, cassava and fish in the first four years of the administration; and that agriculture should contribute at least 40 per cent to the GDP of Anambra State.”

He urged the people of Amaku community to give total support and cooperation to ensure the success of the venture as they would be the primary beneficiaries, warning that government would not tolerate any act that would threaten the progress of work.
Obiano described the event “as a watershed in our collective effort to build a new Anambra State – a place where the creative energies of the people are matched by the opportunities for self-actualisation.
In his own remarks, the Chairman of the company, Chief Cosmas Maduka, thanked Governor Obiano for endorsing the partnership and stated that the project at full operation would provide 500 direct jobs and 2,000 indirect jobs and would extend to other parts of the state.

The industry captain observed that in addition to the rice farm, the project also had a rice mill of 20 tons per hour capacity that would provide services to local farmers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Finally Settles Down Permanently In Uk Opens Shop (pics) / Snake Killed After Caught Almost Swallowing Money (pictures) / Obasanjo Reveals Lists Of Regions To Be Islamized And Fulanized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.