Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,035 members, 7,863,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

Opinion: Buhari, Before It Is Too Late ! – Scribe Openiyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Buhari, Before It Is Too Late ! – Scribe Openiyi (332 Views)

Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake / Omokri To Buhari-before Asking Jammeh To Obey Ecowas You Should First Obey / BUHARI: Before The Ultimate Grace To Grass - Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Buhari, Before It Is Too Late ! – Scribe Openiyi by Rezponder: 11:12pm On Feb 02, 2017
Early 2014, I was a die-hard Buhari fan. Addiction was an understatement to the passion and fire of love burning in me for my Hero.

Having realised that Buhari and Tinubu were coming together and PDP was falling apart, I knew the revolution I have been silently praying for was here. I knew and believe it’s the only revolution that could change the situation in this country.

My believe was cemented after watching a documentary on the Arab spring. I sincerely prayed for one but I knew it may be difficult to achieve in Nigeria because we were too divided to see a common enemy and fight him.

For the first time in my life, I donated my stipend to fund a politician’s ambition. I have never seen Buhari as a politician then but was 100% sure Tinubu is one.

I did not only donate, I canvassed and voted because I wanted change. So I needed no campaign to tell me it begins with me. I already did by voting change advocates.

Fast forward to February 2015, I did not only FeBuhari, I tried to get married in that month. But when it was not possible, I Marched forward and got married for Buhari in March.

My joy knew no bounds when he was sworn in.

I was ready to fight anybody to a standstill if they dare say nay of Buhari.

Few months after, the blame game started. It was this, it was that. No direction, nothing.

Read more https://rezponder.com/buhari-before-is-too-late/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Our Country, Nigeria!!! / The Farmer And His Son / PHOTOS: Out-going Environment Minister, Amina Mohammed On Arise TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.