Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) (57504 Views)

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
safepaulooo:

What about the persons who took blood in that situation and still died? Blood transfusion does not guarantee life...very experienced doctors know this fact and many of them apply blood expanders treatment therapy rather than infuse fresh blood. The idea of blood expanders is using saline solution to increase the volume of blood the patient has rather than infuse fresh blood with its attendant risk and side effects. Modern medicine is gradually resorting to bloodless therapies and it has been largely successful. Jehovah's witnesses subscribe to this modern therapy rather than disobey the scriptural injunction in Acts 15 : 29 that clearly says 'ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD'. Educate yourself further by consulting their website jw.org

What about people that accepted blood transfusion and they survived. So blood transfusion does guarantee life.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by DavidEsq(m): 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

The bible also reports that Jesus dying was part of god's plan. And Jesus was privy of it yet they came and died. That is suicide. Do you think drinking otapiapia is the only was to commit suicide?
I haven't seen anywhere, wr allowing oneself to be killed amounts to a suicide. Cos suicide is a crime. So how cld Jesus have committed a crime to save us from anoda crime(sin).
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by softwerk(f): 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
DavidEsq:

Hope u didnt write ur last exams like dis o. Cos u don fail be dat cheesy. The story did not say she refused blood transfusion donated by her hubby; it said she refused blood transfusion. It didn't specify whose blood it was dat she refused. Oya, goan write dat exam again undecided

Welldone Mr Lecturer Sir!
Its a well known fact that Nigerian hospitals first point of call for blood for a transfusion is a donation from the patient's closest relation! In this case her HUSBAND.
Try and keep up the pace darling! kiss
You can see that i'm clearly thinking ahead of YOU!
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
DavidEsq:

I haven't seen anywhere, wr allowing oneself to be killed amounts to a suicide. Cos suicide is a crime. So how cld Jesus have committed a crime to save us from anoda crime(sin).

That is the issue

He and his father are confused tongue

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
donjahsy:
am trying to compare you with Bobrisky right now.

Have you noticed Brobrisky looks exactly like Jesus

Christians keep shouting Jesus is cuming and you don't even know that he is already here in Nigeria tongue
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
grandstar:

I am a Witness. She won't be disfellowshipped. Worst is a private reprove. Its a test of her faith.

Many want to go to heaven, nobody wanna die.

She's proven that maxim wrong.

She awaits a resurrection on the new earth in which righteousness is to dwell (2 Peter 3:13)

Lol. This is getting better cheesy grin
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
analice107:

So, She placed the opinions of man above Christ's whom she claims to follow. Whose fault is that? Christ's or hers? If she held her beliefs above what Christ stood for, it's her fault.

For you to come out babbling about Jesus did this, Jesus didn't do that is senseless.

Not as senseless as believing in Jesus in the first place undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you dey mind am?

I once discussed Jesus' suicide on another thread and none of these Christians could give any cogent reason to counter it

Saying it was suicide is wrong. If you had to do something because it was the only way to save someone you loved, even though you knew it would lead to you death, would you call it suicide?

People seem to forget that God is the only source of life. He alone gives life. And as such has d sole right to do as he pleases with that life. Jesus came to earth to die knowing full well what implications his death would mean. He also had the full conviction that he would be
restored back to life, which is exactly what happened.

If Jesus hadn't done what he did, who else would have been able to. The truth is no one else could have done it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 5:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
analice107:

Pls ask him to post where Jesus commanded his followers not to take blood.

Again, ask him if the Jews don't transfuse blood.

The lady killed herself that's my stand.

Wait o wait o, wetin we come dey argue since. This is exactly what we have been saying na?

You really need to learn to read before commenting, we wouldn't have gone this far undecided

c: hopefulLandlord come and see ooo cheesy grin
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:
Gen.9:4 Only flesh with its life*—its blood+—you must not eat.
Acts 15:28-29 28 For the holy spirit+ and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols,+ from blood,+ from what is strangled,*+ and from sexual immorality.*+ If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

Gen9:4 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

4 “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. 5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6 “Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.
from the above it is animals meant to be eaten so your hAve to kill the animal first. Infact you are not supposed to kill a human being so where will you even get the blood to eat? I still stand my ground your doctrine isn't biblical. You can't take one verse and say it it is blood transfusion it is referring to. The human being blood donor doesn't die hope you know and the human being is not meant to be eaten
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by analice107: 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

Leviticus 17:14
14 For the life of every sort of flesh is its blood, because the life is in it. Consequently, I said to the Israelites: “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh because the life of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”
How do you reconcile eating blood and transfusing blood?

Am sure you know ypu can't eat life or fresh blood.

Pls does the Jews accept blood transfusion, since they are the main custodians of this laws you just quoted.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MarkGeraldo(m): 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
she decided to die...no stress
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by DavidEsq(m): 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:

Welldone Mr Lecturer Sir!
Its a well known fact that Nigerian hospitals first point of call for blood for a transfusion is a donation from the patient's closest relation! In this case her HUSBAND.
Try and keep up the pace darling! kiss
You can see that i'm clearly thinking ahead of YOU!
@ the highlighted: it's "port of call", not "point of call". So, yes, I am who u say; Mr. Lecturer but I won't demand sex 4 grades so know ur grammar, pls. Now Le'me be colloquial: hope my correction didn't pain u o. Now wat wr u saying again sef? Aha! ! Got it. So u read smwr in the story that she was a match with her hubby abi? Pls don't tell me u ladies do the blood donor test ish b4 marrying dat rich dude(like me cheesy), cos wit cheese, u all care little about such stuff. Besides, why wld she who doesn't biliv in blood transfusion bother to check if the hubby is a match, except for oda reasons (AA, BB, AS, APC cheesy) lipsrsealed
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by analice107: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
obinna58:

So after endless argument with me, here u come again posting nonsense Hmmmmmm
It will be nonsense as long as it doesn't go along with your reasoning.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by benzics(m): 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
EMIOMOADEOYE:

A lot of people just blab about what they do not understand. I would not accept blood transfusion even if my life depended on it. Any doctor that administers it by force is liable and can be charged to court. It is my wish and that is my right.

To you it's foolishness only because you don't understand why we take that stand even though it is obviously I written clearly in the bible.

Given the choice between their lives and upholding God's commandments, people will compromise and choose to save their lives.

It's their choice anyway. But mind you, even if she accepted the transfusion there is no guarantee that she could have survived.
Yeah, sure, you'll die for a book and an imaginary God.. Your type can even kill for him, like Abraham tried killing Isaac, you need medical help!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by nemeomire: 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
If Christ who is our role model can go against the jewish tradition just to save a life, then why can't we save ours rather than relying on some religious doctrine. The Whites that brought this religion to us don't even do some silly things we do in the name of religious. RIP to her.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by dozofavour(m): 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
benzics:
How foolish can religious people be? The doctor should have transfused the blood by force, let's see what she would do after a successful childbirth
wisdom of this world is foolishness in the sight of God.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by analice107: 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:
Gen.9:4 Only flesh with its life*—its blood+—you must not eat.
Acts 15:28-29 28 For the holy spirit+ and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols,+ from blood,+ from what is strangled,*+ and from sexual immorality.*+ If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”
IT SAYS EATING BLOOD. HOW DOES EATING BLOOD BECOMES TRANSFUSING BLOOD.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by benzics(m): 6:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
dozofavour:
wisdom of this world is foolishness in the sight of God.
Yeah, so you can die for your God? And I believe you can kill your whole family if your God told you??
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by obinna58(m): 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
analice107:

It will be nonsense as long as it doesn't go along with your reasoning.

U think u trying to help atheists not knowing u need help the most tongue that's the worst part of religion

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Prettychiz4real(f): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ignorance is a major problem in this part of the world and that's why we aren't progressing medically and scientifically. For your information, medical doctors globally have come to realize that the best medical practice is Non-blood medical treatment. Infact, they are thanking Jehovah's Witnesses for opening their eyes to that. Any doctor who is up-to-date with current trends in the medical field will testify to that. The problem is that most Nigerian doctors prefer to be stagnant in their knowledge rather than catch up with current advances in their field. The doctor (not a Jehovah's Witness) who delivered my child here in Owerri told me he practices bloodless medicine (I told him I don't accept blood transfusion when I met him for the first time). He said it is only backward, primitive, and archaic doctors who still practice blood transfusion. Sadly, only few doctors in Nigeria practice bloodless medicine. The rest hmmmm.... I don't know. Of course, there are medical alternatives to blood transfusion such as Blood Volume Expanders... etc. Let me stop here....OUR DOCTORS SHOULD PLEASE BE UP-TO-DATE WITH CURRENT TRENDS IN THEIR FIELDS LIKEWISE OTHER PROFESSIONS!
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
The problem I see with most people on this thread is that they choose to do what pleases them.

Most on this thread are unaware of the teachings in the Bible and how it applies. They would rather interpret it in ways that suit them. I call it rationalization.

The Bible is very clear that the life of a soul or flesh is in its blood. Yes it specified this principle when dealing with animal meat. But it clearly stated in Gen 9 that the life of a flesh is in its blood and interestingly that was the only reason it gave for pouring out the blood.

It is true that humans cannot be classified as animals. But are Humans not living flesh too? Can it not be said that the life of Man is in his blood? Was that not the same principle behind pouring out the blood of animals?

Look every one will render an account for all he has done. If because you want to save your life you decide to rationalize, whose loss is that.

Matt 10: 39 is pretty understandable.

Whoever castigates a Jehovah's Witness for taking a firm stand for his faith is only like someone striking his blows at the wind. It is all in vain.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Deuteronomy 12 vs 20-24 20 When the Lord your God has enlarged your territory as he promised you, and you crave meat and say, “I would like some meat,” then you may eat as much of it as you want. 21 If the place where the Lord your God chooses to put his Name is too far away from you, you may slaughter animals from the herds and flocks the Lord has given you, as I have commanded you, and in your own towns you may eat as much of them as you want. 22 Eat them as you would gazelle or deer. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat. 23 But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat. 24 You must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water. 25 Do not eat it, so that it may go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is right in the eyes of the Lord.

From the above we can see that it is meat and blood from animals sacrificed in the temple not a mention of humans being sacrificed was made

Acts 15 24 - 29 24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.
Farewell.

Abstaining to blood here is still in conjunction with animal blood. I see nothing mentioned of abstaining from blood transfusion to save life.
Like I said it is not biblical it is watchtower teaching

Acts 15:29 to keep ABSTAINING from things sacrificed to idols, from BLOOD, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Prettychiz4real(f): 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
safepaulooo:

What about the persons who took blood in that situation and still died? Blood transfusion does not guarantee life...very experienced doctors know this fact and many of them apply blood expanders treatment therapy rather than infuse fresh blood. The idea of blood expanders is using saline solution to increase the volume of blood the patient has rather than infuse fresh blood with its attendant risk and side effects. Modern medicine is gradually resorting to bloodless therapies and it has been largely successful. Jehovah's witnesses subscribe to this modern therapy rather than disobey the scriptural injunction in Acts 15 : 29 that clearly says 'ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD'. Educate yourself further by consulting their website jw.org
That's true. Help me enlighten some of us here more.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by softwerk(f): 6:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
DavidEsq:

@ the highlighted: it's "port of call", not "point of call". So, yes, I am who u say; Mr. Lecturer but I won't demand sex 4 grades so know ur grammar, pls. Now Le'me be colloquial: hope my correction didn't pain u o. Now wat wr u saying again sef? Aha! ! Got it. So u read smwr in the story that she was a match with her hubby abi? Pls don't tell me u ladies do the blood donor test ish b4 marrying dat rich dude(like me cheesy), cos wit cheese, u all care little about such stuff. Besides, why wld she who doesn't biliv in blood transfusion bother to check if the hubby is a match, except for oda reasons (AA, BB, AS, APC cheesy) lipsrsealed

This is one of the reasons Nigeria will never make any meaningful progress! Here you are Mr Lecturer busy fault-finding on NL when you should be researching solutions to our collective problems! shocked

You are trying hard to sell yourself here as rich meanwhile i've got skills to smell wealth miles away.

Okay I accept your correction(s) Sir. But does that increase the size of your manhood?!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
Awoo88:

Did that verse you quoted say you should not get blood transfusion to save life How does not eating blood the same as transfusion?
If a doctor told you not to drink alcohol, would you inject it into your body? Of course not! In the same way, the command not to eat or drink blood means that we would not accept a blood transfusion.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by zichat22(m): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
I wonder how ignorant we can be because of religion, God created all things for our sake.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by DavidEsq(m): 6:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
deborsky:
The Bible’s answer
The Bible commands that we not ingest blood. So we should not accept whole blood or its primary components in any form, whether offered as food or as a transfusion. Note the following scriptures:
Genesis 9:4 . God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.
Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.
Acts 15:20 . “Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.
Why does God command us to abstain from blood?
God commands that we abstain from blood because what it represents is sacred to him.— Leviticus 17:11; Colossians 1:20 .
Jesus shed his blood for u and I, to find eternal life. Why wld he be opposed to donating an transfusion of blood to save a loved one? All the scripture u cited and relied upon are centred on tampering wit blood pressure a manner suggestive of waste but not in a manner suggestive of preservation, esp of life. Let's not forget that blood transfusion was never a means of medication back then. God is a master o knowledge and he wld never obstruct our discoveries as a means of making life better.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by DavidEsq(m): 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:

This is one of the reasons Nigeria will never make any meaningful progress! Here you are Mr Lecturer busy fault-finding on NL when you should be researching solutions to our collective problems! shocked

You are trying hard to sell yourself here as rich meanwhile i've got skills to smell wealth miles away.

Okay I accept your correction(s) Sir. But does that increase the size of your manhood?!
Le'me sheck it fes cheesy
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
benzics:

Yeah, sure, you'll die for a book and an imaginary God.. Your type can even kill for him, like Abraham tried killing Isaac, you need medical help!

Their craziness comes out of them like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Anusiemgood(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

and if he doesn't?
eedeeot
your Jesus doesn't exist, deal with it
you are very foolish
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

Acts 15:29 to keep ABSTAINING from things sacrificed to idols, from BLOOD, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

Keep abstaining from blood refers to blood of animals being killed to eat. Do not eat blood of animals. Paul was just repeating old Testament laws. It is not blood transfusion. Thank God people know what the bible says I am suprised you didn’t talk abt your old Testament verses you have been quoting

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Reverend Oscar Mukahanana Commits Suicide As Adultery Leaks On Church’s Whatsapp / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Having Extramarital Affairs With Actresses (Video) / Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.