Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) (57517 Views)

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by chichichilolo1(f): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
benzics:
How foolish can religious people be? The doctor should have transfused the blood by force, let's see what she would do after a successful childbirth
And after transfusing her against her wish his/her license is withdrawn and possibly sued.
Consent is always gotten before anything is done on anybody else the doctor will have himself/herself to blame

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Debbime(f): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
How do people think? The man is her husband, why won't she receive his semen? She died because of her Christian convictions. Don't be clouded by sex only dear.....

softwerk:
Surprisingly the church allowed her to receive Semen from her husband that got her pregnant in the first place but NOT his blood to save her life?! shocked

I'm not understanding this Ohh

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Nathan2016: 4:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
And did any body force her to use the JW doctrine grin
hahn:

How did she hear the doctrine? It is not by marketing campaigns carried out by JW members?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Obienesarah: 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
Wen we got to this topic of blood transfusion in their book "WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH" i argued wit them bt they stood on their ground, a true witness would neva take nor give blood even 2 their spouse, they even have a card in their bags stating "Dnt give me blood" in case of accidents.
They really believe dis so lets leave dem 2 their luck.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by scachy(m): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:
Surprisingly the church allowed her to receive Semen from her husband that got her pregnant in the first place but NOT his blood to save her life?! shocked

if u r a Christian read Acts chapter 15 vs 20, u ll come understand y she did it. That most people chose not to completely adhere to God's principles doesn't mean that those who did are stupid. Christians in Syria, Pakistan, Iran etc are being beheaded simply because they refused to deny Jesus Christ, renounce Christianity and embrace Islam,But they choose to die for their faith not because they don't love their life but because they want to stick to God's command knowing that there's a good reward in the afterlife. What we should do is to pray that God accept their souls not judge or condemn them because we're not God. Remain blessed.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
analice107:

Pls ask him to post where Jesus commanded his followers not to take blood.

Again, ask him if the Jews don't transfuse blood.

The lady killed herself that's my stand.
Gen.9:4 Only flesh with its life*—its blood+—you must not eat.
Acts 15:28-29 28 For the holy spirit+ and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols,+ from blood,+ from what is strangled,*+ and from sexual immorality.*+ If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
AheadMarket:
Victim of religious brainwash! undecided undecided undecided
It's high time we started arresting these "men of God"
Acts 15:28-29 For the holy spirit+ and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols,+ from blood,+ from what is strangled,*+ and from sexual immorality.*+ If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”.
Deuteronomy 12:23
23 Just be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the flesh.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by softwerk(f): 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
Debbime:
How do people think? The man is her husband, why won't she receive his semen? She died because of her Christian convictions. Don't be clouded by sex only dear.....

Madam, I'm genuinely sad and share in your grief over this loss but I believe that ones Christian convictions should not lead to an avoidable early grave. Imagine the deep sorrow she has committed her loved ones to forever. This is no different from euthanasia (mercy killing). How do you defend that?!

I know Witnesses believe that the blood (Red Blood Cells) contains the life force of a man hence should NOT be transfused to another. But how about the semen (Sperm Cells)?

Why did she not go abroad to more advanced hospitals that have substitutes for blood such as Polyheme!
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Refusal of blood transfusion is not a biblical teaching it is watchtower teaching
Mumu
Acts 15:28-29 For the holy spirit+ and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols,+ from blood,+ from what is strangled,*+ and from sexual immorality.*+ If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”.
23 Just be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the flesh.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
themall:
IGNORANCE.HATRED.MEDIOCRITY. MISINFORMATION.BIGOTRY.....
All at its peak in you

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Adedayo97(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

okay, Jesus didn't die on the cross?
sori in wat way
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
crown08:
Sorry to say! But she died a foolish death.....
You are the foolish one
She is just being faithful to Gods word

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by akintom(m): 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mynd44:
This is silly. Her church did not stop her from receiving blood, she herself did not allow it becuse of her faith. Her church did not force her to believe in those things, she did it because she felt it was right.

When will we learn to respect the faith of others and not try to pull them down? I guess bigotry is in a lot of us.

You have this opinion because you certainly don't know the psychological workings of religious beliefs on folks mind.

You see, religious folks are like drug addicts. I guess you're gonna blame a junky for walking unclad on the street?

Inherent in religiosity by indoctrination, is boundless harm, idiocy, and myriads of delusional consequences.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by obinna58(m): 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
analice107:

And the JW elders were in the Hospital with when she refused blood?

The Amish sect in the U.S. till today refuse to accept civilization. They live their lives outside of civilization, no electricity, no internet. Nothing. You'll stand and condemn Christ for their ways because they claim they are Christ followers?

Must everyone be an atheist?

We know not everyone must be a Christian, i do my best to reach you with the gospel, if you reject, its on you. But won't do what u guys are bent on doing here.

Mind your business. You preach freethinking and open mindedness but you have the closest of minds. If someone doesn't see things your way, the person is closed minded. Biko gawa.

So after endless argument with me, here u come again posting nonsense
Hmmmmmm
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by somehowpenis(m): 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
Well one less _idiot to worry about
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by virtousB: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Jesus committed assisted suicide
what are you saying? There are some things you don't joke with
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
analice107:

Is this the Bible verse where Jesus commanded us not to transfuse blood or the demons in you won't just let you reason?
Leviticus 17:14
14 For the life of every sort of flesh is its blood, because the life is in it. Consequently, I said to the Israelites: “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh because the life of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Augustap(f): 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
The Catholic Church no send, if you know how to save your life, pls do so.
BTW, why did she apply make-up, fix and paint nails, and wear jewellery

1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by misteryman: 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:

TELL THEM
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Awoo88: 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Grow some sense Abeg
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

Mumu

Deuteronomy 12 vs 20-24 20 When the Lord your God has enlarged your territory as he promised you, and you crave meat and say, “I would like some meat,” then you may eat as much of it as you want. 21 If the place where the Lord your God chooses to put his Name is too far away from you, you may slaughter animals from the herds and flocks the Lord has given you, as I have commanded you, and in your own towns you may eat as much of them as you want. 22 Eat them as you would gazelle or deer. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat. 23 But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat. 24 You must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water. 25 Do not eat it, so that it may go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is right in the eyes of the Lord.

From the above we can see that it is meat and blood from animals sacrificed in the temple not a mention of humans being sacrificed was made

Acts 15 24 - 29 24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.
Farewell.

Abstaining to blood here is still in conjunction with animal blood. I see nothing mentioned of abstaining from blood transfusion to save life.
Like I said it is not biblical it is watchtower teaching

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by kode12: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Refusal of blood transfusion is not a biblical teaching it is watchtower teaching
Please check my previous comments on this thread,I outlined some scriptures that point the fact.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Awoo88: 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

14 For the life of every sort of flesh is its blood, because the life is in it. Consequently, I said to the Israelites: “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh because the life of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”
Did that verse you quoted say you should not get blood transfusion to save life How does not eating blood the same as transfusion?
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Coolgent(m): 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
Damn it!
Are u telling me no Jehova witness membwr has ever received blood transfussion!
Africans undecided
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by worlexy(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol, I think that would be against the ethics of the profession

can doctors in the house tell us more?

A patient has the right to either accept or refuse treatment even at the point of death except if he/she is not mentally sound to make decision on his/her own, in such case the next of kin(spouses most of the time in Nigeria) would make the decision. Any physician that go contrary to this decision would pay dearly for it.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Adedayo97(m): 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

All at its peak in you
i dont get dis...d last txt
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Crowny11(f): 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

how did Jesus committed the assisted suicide ? pls explain
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by safepaulooo(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

You obviously know nothing of JW. They are ready to ban her for the church if she had done that. It is a strict rule in JW. Many people have died from such stupidity

What about the persons who took blood in that situation and still died? Blood transfusion does not guarantee life...very experienced doctors know this fact and many of them apply blood expanders treatment therapy rather than infuse fresh blood. The idea of blood expanders is using saline solution to increase the volume of blood the patient has rather than infuse fresh blood with its attendant risk and side effects. Modern medicine is gradually resorting to bloodless therapies and it has been largely successful. Jehovah's witnesses subscribe to this modern therapy rather than disobey the scriptural injunction in Acts 15 : 29 that clearly says 'ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD'. Educate yourself further by consulting their website jw.org

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by DavidEsq(m): 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:

Hope u didnt write ur last exams like dis o. Cos u don fail be dat cheesy. The story did not say she refused blood transfusion donated by her hubby; it said she refused blood transfusion. It didn't specify whose blood it was dat she refused. Oya, goan write dat exam again undecided
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by DavidEsq(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you dey mind am?

I once discussed Jesus' suicide on another thread and none of these Christians could give any cogent reason to counter it
I understand suicide means one killing himself, not through another, but by hid own hand. So wat wr u saying again?
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

You people always forget the part where they where talking of animal blood

The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites and say to them: ‘This is what the Lord has commanded: 3 Any Israelite who sacrifices an ox,[a] a lamb or a goat in the camp or outside of it 4 instead of bringing it to the entrance to the tent of meeting to present it as an offering to the Lord in front of the tabernacle of the Lord—that person shall be considered guilty of bloodshed; they have shed blood and must be cut off from their people. 5 This is so the Israelites will bring to the Lord the sacrifices they are now making in the open fields. They must bring them to the priest, that is, to the Lord, at the entrance to the tent of meeting and sacrifice them as fellowship offerings. 6 The priest is to splash the blood against the altar of the Lord at the entrance to the tent of meeting and burn the fat as an aroma pleasing to the Lord. 7 They must no longer offer any of their sacrifices to the goat idols[b] to whom they prostitute themselves. This is to be a lasting ordinance for them and for the generations to come.’

[b]8 “Say to them: ‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice 9 and does not bring it to the entrance to the tent of meeting to sacrifice it to the Lord must be cut off from the people of Israel.

10 “‘I will set my face against any Israelite or any foreigner residing among them who eats blood, and I will cut them off from the people. 11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.[c] 12 Therefore I say to the Israelites, “None of you may eat blood, nor may any foreigner residing among you eat blood.”

13 “‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth, 14 because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.”[/b]

PLEASE JWS WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LEAVE OUT THE VERSES BEFORE AND AFTER THIS PARTICULAR VERSE? OR NA SIN TO INCLUDE THE VERSES WHERE THEY TALK ABOUT THE ANIMALS BEING SACRIFICED? OR YOU PEOPLE DON'T WANT US TO KNOW THAT IT WAS ABOUT ANIMALS TO BE USED AS SACRIFICE.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
benzics:
How foolish can religious people be? The doctor should have transfused the blood by force, let's see what she would do after a successful childbirth

A lot of people just blab about what they do not understand. I would not accept blood transfusion even if my life depended on it. Any doctor that administers it by force is liable and can be charged to court. It is my wish and that is my right.

To you it's foolishness only because you don't understand why we take that stand even though it is obviously I written clearly in the bible.

Given the choice between their lives and upholding God's commandments, people will compromise and choose to save their lives.

It's their choice anyway. But mind you, even if she accepted the transfusion there is no guarantee that she could have survived.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Having Extramarital Affairs With Actresses (Video) / Reverend Oscar Mukahanana Commits Suicide As Adultery Leaks On Church’s Whatsapp / Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.