Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) (57508 Views)

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hardbody: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
princetom1:

Scientifically, u are safer using blood alternative than blood by a far margin. But we are in Nigeria where a lot of things could go wrong, including delay to get the right treatment at the right time.

Will they read? Will they comprehend? Will they believe?

Mynd44 also impressed me with his reasonableness.

To the others I say, better to die with what you believe in than still die doing what you don't believe in, that will be a clear case of double jeopardy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You people always forget the part where they where talking of animal blood

The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites and say to them: ‘This is what the Lord has commanded: 3 Any Israelite who sacrifices an ox,[a] a lamb or a goat in the camp or outside of it 4 instead of bringing it to the entrance to the tent of meeting to present it as an offering to the Lord in front of the tabernacle of the Lord—that person shall be considered guilty of bloodshed; they have shed blood and must be cut off from their people. 5 This is so the Israelites will bring to the Lord the sacrifices they are now making in the open fields. They must bring them to the priest, that is, to the Lord, at the entrance to the tent of meeting and sacrifice them as fellowship offerings. 6 The priest is to splash the blood against the altar of the Lord at the entrance to the tent of meeting and burn the fat as an aroma pleasing to the Lord. 7 They must no longer offer any of their sacrifices to the goat idols[b] to whom they prostitute themselves. This is to be a lasting ordinance for them and for the generations to come.’

[b]8 “Say to them: ‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice 9 and does not bring it to the entrance to the tent of meeting to sacrifice it to the Lord must be cut off from the people of Israel.

10 “‘I will set my face against any Israelite or any foreigner residing among them who eats blood, and I will cut them off from the people. 11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.[c] 12 Therefore I say to the Israelites, “None of you may eat blood, nor may any foreigner residing among you eat blood.”

13 “‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth, 14 because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.”[/b]

PLEASE JWS WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LEAVE OUT THE VERSES BEFORE AND AFTER THIS PARTICULAR VERSE? OR NA SIN TO INCLUDE THE VERSES WHERE THEY TALK ABOUT THE ANIMALS BEING SACRIFICED? OR YOU PEOPLE DON'T WANT US TO KNOW THAT IT WAS ABOUT ANIMALS TO BE USED AS SACRIFICE.

My dear Brother its not that we leave out the verses before and after, we do that because we want to bring out the points from them as it is normal.
The truth the Bible is strict with regards the use of blood of any creature. It is clear that we should not eat blood because there is Life in it
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by abdulaz: 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

One less person to knock on stranger's doors to tell them about their imaginary friend
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

My dear Brother its not that we leave out the verses before and after, we do that because we want to bring out the points from them as it is normal.
The truth the Bible is strict with regards the use of blood of any creature. It is clear that we should not eat blood because there is Life in it
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hardbody: 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2017
analice107:

IT SAYS EATING BLOOD. HOW DOES EATING BLOOD BECOMES TRANSFUSING BLOOD.

Elementary biology should have taught you that if you can't ingest food orally, intravenous fluid called drip can be used to pass liquid food into your system to sustain you.

Must we argue over things that are so simple and straightforward.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by switplum(m): 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
hmmmm !!!

from wat I've been reading, most pple want to just follow...dat we should not eat d blood from animals. u would agree wt me dat eating blood nd transfusing it via Ur veins is d same... just like taking drugs in tablet through Ur mouth has d same effect as taking d oral drugs via Ur veins.

now all the bible portions I've seen here... Lev 7:26, Lev 17:11-14, Acts 15:25-29 etc are written down FOR US TO KNOW HOW GOD VIEWS D BLOOD OF HIS CREATURES ( animals nd by extension humans). we would all agree dat BLOOD is sacred nd d life of an animal is in its blood.

I respect the stand of JW on this...

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Debbime(f): 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
My dear, I know you care hence the comment, her conviction was based on this Acts 15:29, please, read more on www.jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/bible-about-blood-transfusion/#?insight[search_id]=7263ed30-bc42-413c-9340-670b147f4eb0&insight[search_result_index]=6

softwerk:

Madam, I'm genuinely sad and share in your grief over this loss but I believe that ones Christian convictions should not lead to an avoidable early grave. Imagine the deep sorrow she has committed her loved ones to forever. This is no different from euthanasia (mercy killing). How do you defend that?!

I know Witnesses believe that the blood (Red Blood Cells) contains the life force of a man hence should NOT be transfused to another. But how about the semen (Sperm Cells)?

Why did she not go abroad to more advanced hospitals that have substitutes for blood such as Polyheme!
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Awoo88: 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

If a doctor told you not to drink alcohol, would you inject it into your body? Of course not! In the same way, the command not to eat or drink blood means that we would not accept a blood transfusion.
If you doctor asked you not you not to take alcohol that doesn't mean that same doctor will not use alcohol to cure you if it is necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by crown08(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

You are the foolish one
She is just being faithful to Gods word
lol God's word indeed........ Another gullible follower!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by jhenie(f): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
Stupid doctrine, my husband (once a witness before marriage) once told me that and I was like wat nonsense, wat if d person dies Now this. Some people should try to review their church doctrine before carrying them out.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by switplum(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
the interesting things is that Doctors are accepting nd love the idea of "bloodless surgery". Doctors agree that blood transfusions hv lots of risks....

pls, do me a favor nd learn more...
just Google bloodless medicine or bloodless surgeries.

information is power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Debbime(f): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
I also had bloodless surgery 2 years ago, doctors are now open to to bloodless surgery nd are actually more careful during surgery now.

switplum:
the interesting things is that Doctors are accepting nd love the idea of "bloodless surgery". Doctors agree that blood transfusions hv lots of risks....

information is power.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by lionson(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
It is called death by foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by abdulaz: 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
pansophist:
now an innocent child has been rendered motherless because of the faith of the mother. Some people sha
And I guess God is now happy.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by femeritus: 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
hahn:

Since you, analice07 and mynd44's devices cannot access Google undecided

Now compare that with uncountable number of people who accepted transfusion and still died and you'll see this noise is unnecessary. It was a personal choice she made based on her Bible trained conscience. Jesus Christ said he that loses his life for his sake will save it. She made an informed and a right choice.

Bloodless surgery is now the best and safest surgery and widely accepted among informed surgeons.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by akintom(m): 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
hardbody:

Elementary biology should have taught you that if you can't ingest food orally, intravenous fluid called drip can be used to pass liquid food into your system to sustain you.

Must we argue over things that are so simple and straightforward.
How does this scientific means of sustaining and restoring life, offends jehovah?

Why will jehovah's witnesses take antimalarial medications? Because their is biblical instructions on how Christians should seek healing:

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Christians are an interesting study on chronic delusion.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by abdulaz: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
MUSACALLY:

I guess your bible said you should not EAT nor DRINK and not don't TRANSFUSE. Because the former involves tasting with your tongue while the later doesn't involve taste.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Jephz(m): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
we will see our sister again on the resurrection day
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by achorladey: 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
These two fundamental truths were reflected in the Mosaic Law. Leviticus 17:10, 11 reads: “If any man . . . eats any sort of blood, I will certainly set my face against the one who is eating the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it.”

THE ATONING POWER OF BLOOD
In God’s Word, blood is considered to be equivalent to life. Hence, instead of being condemned because he broke Jehovah’s commandments, a repentant sinner in ancient Israel could offer an animal sacrifice on God’s altar. (Leviticus 4:27-31 ) This sacrifice atoned for his sins but only in a provisional way.
As used in the Bible, “atonement” conveys the thought of “exchange” or “cover,” as the right lid, for example, would properly cover a container. Of course, no animal could perfectly “cover,” or atone for, the sins of a human. Animal sacrifices did, however, provide a shadow of the perfect atonement sacrifice to come.— Hebrews 10:1, 4 .
That atonement was provided “through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.” ( Hebrews 10:10 ) Christ’s perfect human life, represented by his “precious blood, like that of an unblemished and spotless lamb,” corresponded exactly to the life that Adam lost. ( 1 Peter 1:19 ) Thus, in an exquisitely beautiful and loving way, justice was satisfied and our “everlasting deliverance” was made possible.—
Hebrews 9:11, 12; John 3:16; Revelation 7:14 .

Questions:
1. What is blood, and by extension blood of Jesus christ meant for according to the scriptures? A. Atonement for sins B. For covering cars when travelling C. For covering your material possessions C. For covering your family while travelling D. Serve as talisman
2. Do you want to override the atonement Jesus christ made with his own perfect blood with the blood of an imperfect man by accepting transfusion since blood is meant for atonement Lev 17:10,11.
3. What do you understand by the words '' if any man............. eats any sort of blood''? Is it restricted to animals alone?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by switplum(m): 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by ChristianFreedo(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
AyamConfidence:
most of what that guy posts are lies...unfounded lies....have you ever being a witness If not you have no right to make baseless accusations

You know I bet on could have responded this way about 2years ago? I could have... But I am not.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by achorladey: 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
Leviticus 17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people. 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

................... ''that eateth any (manner) of blood''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by mechanics(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ignorance is a disease
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by AyamConfidence(m): 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
ChristianFreedo:

You know I bet on could have responded this way about 2years ago? I could have... But I am not.
ogaade no dey quote me again...you hear me?
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by femeritus: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The bible warns christians not to eat the blood of animals they kill. The Bible never said desist from blood transfusion.

Leviticus 17.10-12 says every sort of blood.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by ChristianFreedo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
switplum:
the interesting thing is that Doctors are accepting nd love the idea of "bloodless surgery". Doctors agree that blood transfusions hv lots of risks....

information is power.

Yes, bloodless medicine is good. But not in all situations. They comes a situation where blood is needed and in such situations, no substitute can work.
You know some years ago, when all I ever paid attention to and read where publications of the watchtower, there was one argument they used.

It was something like "ask the doctor if he would allow the transfusions to be done on his son?"

I really took those words to heart. But after I started studying outside the publications of watchtower, I cam to realise that blood saves lives and doctors are using them daily for themselves, children, close relatives. Read the book, gifted hands of Ben Carson.

Also, I then ask myself, why does the US president have blood bank in his car?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by femeritus: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The bible warns christians not to eat the blood of animals they kill. The Bible never said desist from blood transfusion.

Leviticus 17.10-12 says every sort of blood. And eating is the same as passing it through your veins.
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by otemanuduno: 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
realmindz:
religion and ignorance..

my people perish for lack of knowledge.

otemanuduno , what do u ve to say about this
Ignorance and foolishness undecided
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by Hairyrapunzel: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
femeritus:

Leviticus 17.10-12 says every sort of blood. And eating is the same as passing it through your veins.

It never said any sort of blood the bible was specific an ox which is intended for sacrifice. Anything Eating must go through the mouth. Passing something through your vein doesnt mean you're eating that thick. Stop giving us watchtower toxic
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

It never said any sort of blood the bible was specific an ox which is intended for sacrifice. Anything Eating must go through the mouth. Passing something through your vein doesnt mean you're eating that thick. Stop giving us watchtower toxic

What is the end product of eating and transfucing, is it not to get into the body. Whatever will be of harm to you when you eat, it will be of harm to you when you transfuse
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by hahn(m): 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
femeritus:

Now compare that with uncountable number of people who accepted transfusion and still died and you'll see this noise is unnecessary. It was a personal choice she made based on her Bible trained conscience. Jesus Christ said he that loses his life for his sake will save it. She made an informed and a right choice.

Bloodless surgery is now the best and safest surgery and widely accepted among informed surgeons.

And I assume the techniques fr the best and safest surgery was also outlined in the bible undecided
Re: Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) by MUSACALLY(m): 8:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Awoo88:

If you doctor asked you not you not to take alcohol that doesn't mean that same doctor will not use alcohol to cure you if it is necessary.
In a literal sense that Doctor Represent God and so we should wait for God to cure us

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Reverend Oscar Mukahanana Commits Suicide As Adultery Leaks On Church’s Whatsapp / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Having Extramarital Affairs With Actresses (Video) / Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.