Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God (13831 Views)

Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by LorDBolton(m): 9:16am On Feb 05, 2017
It's all about benefits...

If you benefit from the experience / see things work in your life and attribute it to attending service then carry on

As for me every time I attended church services my belief in God waned... so now that it's 3-5% I decided to stop attending church b4 it reaches 0% grin
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Sebastine1994(m): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2017
My people perish for lack of sense. Church is designed so you congregate. There is no God. If you could pay your offer money over the internet. Then no need

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Culin(f): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2017
Yes. Like a piece of coal or wood left alone or withdrawn from the fire will burn out or not burn at all.. But if dropped with the rest will continue to burn. Anyway i still prefer to attend bedside baptist church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by MurphyInc(m): 9:22am On Feb 05, 2017
We are human,we tend to forget the word of God And his directions.just as you can't compare a student studying from home with a student studying in a real class.reading your Biblle at home cannot give you that true answers but going to church and listening to sermon is golden,you will hear new messages from the man of God.

Dear friend GO TO CHURCH
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by AngryNigerian(m): 9:24am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

God is fake

Jesus is fake

Only kids can believe those stupid lies

Only God will judge you
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by jidebabs8: 9:26am On Feb 05, 2017
MakeADifference:
Exactly! Man you sure know the Bible

Matthew 18:3 NIV
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. ...

Epic reply.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by AngryNigerian(m): 9:28am On Feb 05, 2017
Culin:
Yes. Like a piece of coal or wood left alone or withdrawn from the fire will burn out or not burn at all.. But if dropped with the rest will continue to burn. Anyway i still prefer to attend bedside baptist church.

If the rest of the coal are already cold or burnt out, you go burn out faster...& don't criticise any church; leave that for God. He is the true judge. I love you eyes shaa

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Excell360: 9:29am On Feb 05, 2017
musicwriter:

Jesus himself wasn't a church goer.

Read matthew 21 vs 1-15 nd Mark 11 vs 1-19
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by gabpaul: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2017
God does not need your Money angry angry angry
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Shafiiimran99: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2017
Y CHRISTIANS IGNORE JESUS COMMANDMENTS: don't​ pray standing in churches, and Street corners and don't babbling like​ pagan

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unsen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by jericco1(m): 9:32am On Feb 05, 2017
Kindof
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Shafiiimran99: 9:33am On Feb 05, 2017
MurphyInc:
We are human,we tend to forget the word of God And his directions.just as you can't compare a student studying from home with a student studying in a real class.reading your Biblle at home cannot give you that true answers but going to church and listening to sermon is golden,you will hear new messages from the man of God.

Dear friend GO TO CHURCH
Y CHRISTIANS IGNORE JESUS COMMANDMENTS: don't​ pray standing in churches, and Street corners and don't babbling like​ pagan

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unsen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

2 Likes

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by fxx2: 9:33am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

There are thoughts and opinions that are better swallowed to avoid scandal (and blasphemy if you care)

Whether you believe in God, whether you attend church, it will not change who He (God) is.

It's all for our good stay here on earth.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by emerged01(m): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2017
Yes, it will affect your relationship with God. You must as a believer be in the gathering of believers to worship God. Iron sharpens iron.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Shafiiimran99: 9:33am On Feb 05, 2017
AngryNigerian:

Only God will judge you

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 05, 2017
Shafiiimran99:

He was addressing a character of pagans, showoff without true worshiping from the heart.

Next time read the Bible from the beginning if you want to learn, not quoting what your imams give you without confirmation.

He didn't say we shouldn't pray.

2 Likes

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Tobycharles: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

it's obvious u still one in ur last paragraph

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Life4Varnity: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

How I wish I can see the face of those that hit like on this nasty comment of yours

Until you die then you will know that something brought all about ur existence abi na recession reset your brain ? Way u no won gree say God dey
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by gabpaul: 9:39am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

Chaiiii.... grin grin grin

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 05, 2017
Life4Varnity:

How I wish I can see the face of those that hit like on this nasty comment of yours

Until you die then you will know that something brought all about ur existence abi na recession reset your brain ? Way u no won gree say God dey

Leave him, don't ague with someone that believes his grandfather is chimpanzee, and baboons, because they evolve from there.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by samsam2019: 9:42am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

you de mind the mumu them
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by talk2bity: 9:42am On Feb 05, 2017
Yes,read these bible verses :Hebrews 10:25,13:17,13:7.1 John1:3,1 Timothy 5:17
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

I believe all you said but "God is fake".
God is not fake.
The orderliness of the universe can reveal that to you. There's a Being responsible for orderliness, that's God.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Shafiiimran99: 9:54am On Feb 05, 2017
wapadunk:

He was addressing a character of pagans, showoff without true worshiping from the heart.

Next time read the Bible from the beginning if you want to learn, not quoting what your imams give you without confirmation.

He didn't say we shouldn't pray.
Is ur character different from pagans own because u doing exactly what u re forbidden from ie praying standing in churches, street and babbling while praying. Did Jesus pray in synagogue like that? must u shout before u pray?
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Tedassie(m): 9:57am On Feb 05, 2017
Yes...read and learn from this anecdote
A member of the church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him.
It was a chilly evening. The pastor found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire. Guessing the reason for his pastor's visit, the man welcomed him, led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited.
The pastor made himself at home but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the dance of the flames around the burning logs. After some minutes, the pastor took the fire tongs, carefully picked up the rightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone then he sat back in his chair, still silent.
The host watched all this in quiet contemplation. As the one lone ember's flame flickered and diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and dead.
Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting.The pastor glanced at his watch and realized it was time to leave. He slowly stood up, picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow, once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it.
As the pastor reached the door to leave, his host said with a tear running down his cheek, 'Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon. I will be back in church next Sunday.'
We live in a world today, which tries to say too much with too little. Consequently, few listen. Sometimes the best sermons are the ones left unspoken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Ever8054: 9:59am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

God is fake and you are real?..just one question and you be fighting for breath.. the only fear of an atheist is the truth that lies deep in there heart that God do exist, but for extremely unthinkable reason he just can't embrace reality and truth.
now bro,..if a supernatural has not created the universe and life who or what did?..don't direct me to any scientific theory as me you and every one knows that science explanation of creation remains a theory that has been a center of argument and will remain for academic relevance till the end of time..iam waiting for your answer..

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by shizle26(m): 9:59am On Feb 05, 2017
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

Atmmachine:
[color=#770077]

God is fake

Jesus is fake

[/color]
Atmmachine:

God is fake

Jesus is fake

osogbo weeds dun high this man.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by kendrick9(m): 10:06am On Feb 05, 2017
Shafiiimran99:

this...so many so called christians going against what the bible says....i call them hypocrites
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 05, 2017
For me, it largely depends on the church.

People whose consciences are still alive don't feel safe in our so called churches anymore
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by Ever8054: 10:10am On Feb 05, 2017
Gaborone:
I think it does. I for one have never met a vibrant Christian who doesn't go to church. Abstaining from chruch only leads to lukewarmness at its best.

By burning multiple coals together, you have a better chance of having them burn longer, as opposed to when you have just one burning alone.
i disagree with you....
the early humans down to Abraham to david Elijah and other people and prophets in there time attended no gartering of brethren but yet God spoke and maintain a good relationship with them..
iam not good with bible quotes but can you remember the woman Jesus meet at the well and asked her for a drink?..as the conversation went on,she told Jesus that there forefathers comes to the well to worship God.
and Jesus said to her,the time has come when men will not come to this well or go to Jerusalem to worship God,but they will serve him in truth and in spirit.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Affect Your Relationship With God by GOGMIG(m): 10:20am On Feb 05, 2017
Evans407:
This got me wondering honestly, if i don't go to Church and am a believer, will it affect my relationship with God?

it might

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omobude Is The New President Of PFN / The Importance Of Family Prayer / CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle Asks Buhari To Dialogue With Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.