Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? (1899 Views)

Have I Done Anything Wrong? (Pics) / 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion / Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 05, 2017
i think a perfectionist is someone who likes to make things perfect or who prefers everything he does to be perfect. While this in itself is not bad, the thing is, you'll end up being an ungrateful person. Yes dats the fact, it will really be difficult for anything to impress you. Anoda thing is, you'd neva really be happy if u havent acheived that perfection which i think is bad because life is a process, to be productive, u have to be happy with each stage you are in. To build perfection, you have to be appreciative and happy. If you aint happy, u'd be depressed and give up easily on what would have changed ur life forever.....as a perfectionist myself, this is what i have discovered myself and i wish to make adjustments. Pls if there are other negative aspects of being a perfectionist, share so that the perfectionists in the house will learn.
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 05, 2017
Perfection is just an illusion. it doesn't exist. Ask yourself: what happens after i have achieved perfection? You stop? Our imperfection is what compels us to push further and further. We strive for perfection, we've got to. But it's out of reach.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by DesChyko: 10:21am On Feb 05, 2017
Uh.. I think you're seeing things from one perspective. You are just being you and there is nothing wrong in being you.

But you MUST realize that people have their individual definition of perfect. Some see the extremes as perfect. A good number see balance as perfect. There are even people who see a little compromise as perfect.

Be whomever you want to be. You will still be found wanting, regardless of how you see yourself. Therefore, the pursuit for perfection is just a hoax. It exists only in the mind of the believer.
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Solowande(m): 10:34am On Feb 05, 2017
It's wrong cos no man is perfect
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by McBrooklyn(m): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2017

Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 05, 2017
McBrooklyn:

bro why u always drawing straight lines on the internet? Are u a contractor?
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2017
DesChyko:
Uh.. I think you're seeing things from one perspective. You are just being you and there is nothing wrong in being you.

But you MUST realize that people have their individual definition of perfect. Some see the extremes as perfect. A good number see balance as perfect. There are even people who see a little compromise as perfect.

Be whomever you want to be. You will still be found wanting, regardless of how you see yourself. Therefore, the pursuit for perfection is just a hoax. It exists only in the mind of the believer.
i see....i just discovered its really bad. I will try to cut it off while working to improve life. Or at least bring down my expectations cos i really expected a lot of things which kinda made me depressed when i discover i have not and may neva achieve them
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 05, 2017
Solowande:
It's bad cos no man is perfect
tru talk. Am working on it.....but its not easy adjusting sha
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by firstking01(m): 11:50am On Feb 05, 2017
A typical example of who i am...there's this song we used to sing back then in sec abi primary school sef, "good better best, i shall never rest, until my good is better i shall never rest"...being or aspiring to be a perfectionist ain't wrong et-all, after all jesus told us to be perfect even as our heavenly father is perfect....when there's a willingless there must be a way out cool.

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 05, 2017
Perfection is nothing but an illusion.
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
HenryDion:
Perfection is just an illusion. it doesn't exist. Ask yourself: what happens after i have achieved perfection? You stop? Our imperfection is what compels us to push further and further. We strive for perfection, we've got to. But it's out of reach.
i wonder why u no claim FTC? Truth is, shit is bad. It made me proud. Imagine being proud of wat u havent even achieved. Thats the height of it and it made me see people as less or belittle dem because they aint thinking like me. It made me even decline some gals dat were wooing me because i tot they were not up to my standard. Right now, i think about it and laff because i dont even worth them, they stooped so low to chase me and i didnt appreciate it. Right now am the one trying to be close to dem. Its very bad....i have to change. Funny thing is, i work in a hospital where there are lots of gals, some set of nurses(trainees) came in yesterday, am telling myself am not gonna dissappoint this time around, let me see how it goes
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2017
NLchikeeto:
Perfection is nothing but an illusion.
abi.....but we all should strive to be beta na else we'd remain one place and neva improve. I get ur point sha
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
firstking01:
A typical example of who i am...there's this song we used to sing back then in sec abi primary school sef, "good better best, i shall never rest, until my good is better i shall never rest"...being or aspiring to be a perfectionist ain't wrong et-all, after all jesus told us to be perfect even as our heavenly father is perfect....when there's a willingless there must be a way out cool.
what ever you do, dont be too proud and blinded to see opportunites and grab them
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by subtlemee(f): 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
There's nothing wrong in being a perfectionist but you have to be careful and do some mental re-adjustment because anytime you can't do or achieve a thing perfectly It affects your psychology and frustration and depression sets in and if things continues this way suicide is usually contemplated
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Thank you sir for letting us know .. thread is rubbish

#Trash grin
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
subtlemee:
There's nothing wrong in being a perfectionist but you have to be careful and do some mental re-adjustment because anytime you can't do or achieve a thing perfectly It affects your psychology and frustration and depression sets in and if things continues this way suicide is usually contemplated
true talk sweet. No be say u talk am oo i have hexperience it

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2017
Bumbae1:

#Trash grin
hmmmmmmmmmm this ur ass make sense ooo. Should i come to ur room? Its like i yaff seen u bfore but i cant remember where
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ebuka2016:

i wonder why u no claim FTC? Truth is, shit is bad. It made me proud. Imagine being proud of wat u havent even achieved. Thats the height of it and it made me see people as less or belittle dem because they aint thinking like me. It made me even decline some gals dat were wooing me because i tot they were not up to my standard. Right now, i think about it and laff because i dont even worth them, they stooped so low to chase me and i didnt appreciate it. Right now am the one trying to be close to dem. Its very bad....i have to change. Funny thing is, i work in a hospital where there are lots of gals, some set of nurses(trainees) came in yesterday, am telling myself am not gonna disappoint this time around, let me see how it goes

Reading through your write up, i discovered that your plight was just ego at its peak. At least, it's better than inferiority complex but i won't advice you to go ahead with that. it might be more destructive.

I have read lots and lots of books.. when it comes to personal development, I'm a guru and it made me more mature and my perception of life, very rare and unique that people usually doubt my age when it's disclosed. This made me see others as being less a human especially when they fall below expectation. It made me proud, rude and indeed lame.

I'm glad I have overcome that. All it takes is discipline.
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by McBrooklyn(m): 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ebuka2016:

bro why u always drawing straight lines on the internet? Are u a contractor?

Whatever you say, Man cool
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by McBrooklyn(m): 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
Bumbae1:
#Trash grin
Lol, I know right?? cheesy
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
HenryDion:

Reading through your write up, i discovered that your plight was just ego at its peak. At least, it's better than inferiority complex but i won't advice you to go ahead with that. it might be more destructive.

I have read lots and lots of books.. when it comes to personal development, I'm a guru and it made me more mature and my perception of life, very rare and unique that people usually doubt my age when it's disclosed. This made me see others as being less a human especially when they fall below expectation. It made me proud, rude and indeed lame.

I'm glad I have overcome that. All it takes is discipline.
please can you tell me the books you read because I also want to develop myself.....pls tell me how you were able to overcome that ego and pride....I need to change things. its really bad....I noticed that their xter towards me changed so I began to question myself...
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ebuka2016:

please can you tell me the books you read because I also want to develop myself.....pls tell me how you were able to overcome that ego and pride....I need to change things. its really bad....I noticed that their xter towards me changed so I began to question myself...

I read different varieties of books bro.. ranging from spiritual, scientific, novels, educational and even the occult. I devour any book that comes around lol. Recently, my reading have been switched to the internet. That way, i can find anything without restrictions. Just read any book you can lay your hands on. I can't list books here because that will be cruel. Every book is worth a read. No knowledge is a waste.

As for overcoming your ego, its very simple and easy if you really want to embrace humility. Begin to see potentials in people even when they seem lacking. Compliment them even though you aren't impressed. Smile, joke.. in fact, poke them playfully. Don't be too serious or carry around a straight face.. Sometimes we do this unconsciously. Carry a smile around.

During the initial stage, it might seem fake but as time goes on, you will discover that you really mean them.

It's very easy if you really want to trend on that path.
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
HenryDion:

I read different varieties of books bro.. ranging from spiritual, scientific, novels, educational and even the occult. I devour any book that comes around lol. Recently, my reading have been switched to the internet. That way, i can find anything without restrictions. Just read any book you can lay your hands on. I can't list books here because that will be cruel. Every book is worth a read. No knowledge is a waste.

As for overcoming your ego, its very simple and easy if you really want to embrace humility. Begin to see potentials in people even when they seem lacking. Compliment them even though you aren't impressed. Smile, joke.. in fact, poke them playfully. Don't be too serious or carry around a straight face.. Sometimes we do this unconsciously. Carry a smile around.

During the initial stage, it might seem fake but as time goes on, you will discover that you really mean them.

It's very easy if you really want to trend on that path.
am smiling right now at the tot of really possessing all the xteristics u've listed above because i really admire anyone who has it.....I feel like I want to be them but I dnt seem to be able to....am trying to thread on this path oo but e no easy.....years and years of ego and pride....but I really want to change now. All these attributes listed above is all I need right now and I will work on them although some species of pple dey always discourage me....u be giving them attention and they be giving u this I don care attitude, not like I expect anything special from dem but at least to reciprocate....and again, its really difficult to be exibiting all these threats and still have a bad boy flare. but I know someone wu does it so perfectly u'd be so attracted to him....no homo. I beliv everything has its stages and xter is developed cos nobody was born with one so there is hope....but bros ehh abeg please list dem books for me....I cant come and be reading every book na because I no too get chance like dat. please list the books, am begging u. I love reading books too but not all the books....I read ones I feel will make a positive impact on me.....if u list the books, I will look for them. I get chike and the river here...abi u expect me to read that one too
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ebuka2016:

am smiling right now at the tot of really possessing all the xteristics u've listed above because i really admire anyone who has it.....I feel like I want to be them but I dnt seem to be able to....am trying to thread on this path oo but e no easy.....years and years of ego and pride....but I really want to change now. All these attributes listed above is all I need right now and I will work on them although some species of pple dey always discourage me....u be giving them attention and they be giving u this I don care attitude, not like I expect anything special from dem but at least to reciprocate....and again, its really difficult to be exibiting all these threats and still have a bad boy flare. but I know someone wu does it so perfectly u'd be so attracted to him....no homo. I beliv everything has its stages and xter is developed cos nobody was born with one so there is hope....but bros ehh abeg please list dem books for me....I cant come and be reading every book na because I no too get chance like dat. please list the books, am begging u. I love reading books too but not all the books....I read ones I feel will make a positive impact on me.....if u list the books, I will look for them. I get chike and the river here...abi u expect me to read that one too

You really made me smile lol. I think you're more wonderful and amazing than you think. I want to give you a challenge. Visit a bookshop or the closest library; look through the books. Believe me, after that encounter, you won't ask me to list books for you. There are many more that i need to read, millions more to read. But my friends are discouraging me lol.. Getting enlightenment makes you question things, even the existence of God, meaning of life and so on and with that comes depression. Knowing comes with a burden bro while ignorance is bliss. And again, association matters. Walk with the right people and you will gain what you're looking for.
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2017
HenryDion:

You really made me smile lol. I think you're more wonderful and amazing than you think. I want to give you a challenge. Visit a bookshop or the closest library; look through the books. Believe me, after that encounter, you won't ask me to list books for you. There are many more that i need to read, millions more to read. But my friends are discouraging me lol.. Getting enlightenment makes you question things, even the existence of God, meaning of life and so on and with that comes depression. Knowing comes with a burden bro while ignorance is bliss. And again, association matters. Walk with the right people and you will gain what you're looking for.
I want to read everything but the books that will make me question the existence of God....dats doom for me. I may never be able to recover especially now that my faith is kinda shaky.....can you kindly inbox me the books via this email....victorchukwuebuka03@gmail? am expecting ur mail. Thanks a lot
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ebuka2016:

I want to read everything but the books that will make me question the existence of God....dats doom for me. I may never be able to recover especially now that my faith is kinda shaky.....can you kindly inbox me the books via this email....victorchukwuebuka03@gmail? am expecting ur mail. Thanks a lot

Mail sent. Check your inbus bro
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 06, 2017
HenryDion:

Replied...
Re: Anything Wrong With Being A Perfectionist? by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 06, 2017
HenryDion:

Seen, replied

(1) (Reply)

This Peak Milk Clapback Would Make You Pee On Your Pant / Girls......come In / What Is The Greatest Unknown Secret Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.