Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,096 members, 7,859,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

Regret Voting Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regret Voting Buhari (1133 Views)

Voting Buhari in 2019 will spell doom for Nigeria-Donald Trump / We Regret Voting Out Jonathan – Northern Leader Cries Out, Begs Buhari To Leave / YORUBAS SAY "We Regret Voting Apc And Buhari". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Regret Voting Buhari by deandavid(m): 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
THIS IS THE “CHANGE” WE VOTED FOR!

Some people glamourize regret as if regret is a virtue or an endowment. All some posers need to do to remain relevant on social media is to say they regret voting Buhari. Others less imaginative ask, “Is this the change we voted for?” Whenever I hear these, I am reminded that loyalty is a high-price commodity.

What are you regretting? If you really voted “Change”, what did you have in mind? Instead of reveling in your ignorance, should you not be ashamed that you lacked the basic understanding of what you espoused? At your age and with your level of education you still dance to every beat? Shame!

This is the “Change” I campaigned and voted for. From inception, I know real, lasting change comes at a high cost and discomfort. Have you ever attempted to change your life, weight, values or complexion? Did it come cheap or easy?

Why do many people fail to live up to their New Year resolutions? Genuine change at any level is tough and cruel at first. Nigeria will not be an exception.

What happens when corporate organizations decide to change processes and procedures in the workplace? It is usually resisted because most people prefer the status quo. Corporate changes like mergers, acquisitions and reconstructions create imbalance and uncertainties in the concerned entities. I know a man whose workforce reduced by 75% when he restructured (or effected change) in his company. Today, the same man is shouting his voice hoarse that Buhari’s change is draconian and insensitive. Hypocrite!

How do we become self-sufficient in food production? The answer is simple: make heavy investments in agriculture and ban importation of foods that deplete our foreign reserve. Take rice for instance. As long as there are no restrictions on the importation of rice, local farmers will not grow rice and our exotic taste buds will not be retrained. If I were Buhari, I would put a total ban on the importation of rice.
Take cars, fabrics and wines (and spirits) for another instance. Something drastic needed to be done about our appetite for cars, clothes and wines. The cumulative costs of importing this trio into Nigeria consumed a substantial share of our foreign reserve. Buhari says NO. He argues that if you must use these imports, then be ready to pay a premium price for them. This is simple logic and economics. This is especially so since global oil price has dwindled and tempers are high in the Niger Delta.

Goods are more expensive in Nigeria today because Buhari insists that most of the products we import can and should be produced locally. By so doing, he has flung open unending investment and job opportunities for Nigerians especially. While reserving limited foreign exchange for some critical sectors of the economy, Buhari is urging them to make hay while the sun shines. Buhari is CHANGING the way we live, and the pains we now experience are his instruments of CHANGE. You can only take it, but you can’t reject it.

Why is Buhari putting these strategic restrictions on our consumption patterns? If you are PDP or a hater, these restrictions are to punish Nigerians. But to the dispassionate observer, Buhari’s stance is the most effective route to Nigeria’s escape from economic doldrums festered by inordinate importation of all and every product. Some countries in Asia, Africa and North America have provided infallible precedents to what Buhari has set out to do.

What has happened so far? Buhari is in a mad hurry to fix the refineries. About 6 states are now producing rice in commercial quantities. Cross River state has almost completed what is arguably the largest textile mill in Africa. Buhari is challenging Nigerians to introspect and unleash their creative geniuses. Unfortunately, politics is providing a distracting counter-intuition to these breath-taking developments.

Where will Nigeria be in 10 years if we continue (or forced to continue) to look inwards? Imagine what will happen if we continue to produce a larger chunk of what we eat, wear and drink. Imagine when Aba, Sokoto, Nnewi, Kano, Ondo, Osun, Benue and Nasarawa turn natural endowments into skills. Imagine when our universities and polytechnics wake up. Imagine when our industries and blue-chip companies begin to produce. Only a bold step like Buhari’s CHANGE will give form to these imaginations.

If you did not understand Buhari’s change, it is not Buhari’s fault. Regretting voting Buhari says so much about your character. Asking “Is this the change we voted for?” is the clearest indication that you must never be taken seriously again.

Copied:ISWB

2 Likes

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by NnamdiN: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
how dem dey spell ''balderdash'' ?
Re: Regret Voting Buhari by lordizak(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
#IStandWithBuhari.
Haters go to hell and burn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by Heavance(m): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2017
Until the average man get to buy a bag of rice for #50k before some people will see clearly. So while the past admin was claiming transformation, why then did the likes of this OP oppose the #120+ per litre fuel as at 2012?
This man is turning Nigeria to Zimbabwe with the high rate of inflation and less jobs.
Each time I listen to Fela's song about our President (no be outside #uGari dey, na #raz* man be that, #nima* in #raz* man skin) I really fail to understand why a worldly Fela saw in the previous century that our pastors/Imam still can't see today

1 Like

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by lordizak(m): 1:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
Heavance:
Until the average man get to buy a bag of rice for #50k before some people will see clearly. So while the past admin was claiming transformation, why then did the likes of this OP oppose the #120+ per litre fuel as at 2012?
This man is turning Nigeria to Zimbabwe with the high rate of inflation and less jobs.
Each time I listen to Fela's song about our President (no be outside #uGari dey, na #raz* man be that, #nima* in #raz* man skin) I really fail to understand why a worldly Fela saw in the previous century that our pastors/Imam still can't see today

If i say you lack wisdom, you go say na insult.
Now how is that Buhari's making?
Your hero looted our treasury dry, now we are going to seek loans elsewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by merit455(m): 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
lordizak:

kai,u are a big fool.....

4 Likes

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by lordizak(m): 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
merit455:
kai,u are a big fool.....
u r the biggest oaf.

1 Like

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by Heavance(m): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
lordizak:

Very funny don't you think?
Learn to state your points without throwing shades, that is called maturity.
Hero? whose hero? you think I care about the former who claims he had no shoes and wanted us all to walk without shoes?
you better not stand with these politicians that don't care about the people they govern
Re: Regret Voting Buhari by lordizak(m): 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
Heavance:

Very funny don't you think?
Learn to state your points without throwing shades, that is called maturity.
Hero? whose hero? you think I care about the former who claims he had no shoes and wanted us all to walk without shoes?
you better not stand with these politicians that don't care about the people they govern

Nairalands methods, get use to it.
Re: Regret Voting Buhari by EasternActivist: 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2017
Lol... Don't you think it is criminal from hiding this terms from the onset?

Is shocking to see that Nigeria is filled with gullible people.
Re: Regret Voting Buhari by doctokwus: 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
That is d sawdust brain that got people deceiving d cattle rearer that he is on d right track while he foolishly leads op and his likes to doom.
Answer this simple question:
Nigeria is self sufficient in cement production,including its raw materials.So how come,d price has doubled in d past one year?
-Nigeria has substantially(@least according to govt propaganda) increased local rice production and processing.How come price of local rice is almost same as imported rice?
-They sed Naira was losing value because most $ were used to import fuel,rice,putting pressure on d dollar.Fuel import has decreased,ditto rice,cement.There shud b less pressure on d $ theoretically.How come,with less demand on d dollar by former dollar gulpers,the naira has recorded its worst exchange rate to date($=500)?
-They also sed dey have blocked leakages and curbed corruption.Why is it not reflecting also on d dollar exchange because we know a cause of d poor naira rate was d corrupt people who used their stolen Naira billions to exchange for dollars,for safe keeping.But naira is worse off despite govt claims.
The answers to d above is d same,crass incompetence.PMB never had what I for one always thought he had:ability to lead,a plan in place and ability to analyze simple issues and take a right decision.He is dull and deceived my likes with pretences to aving some sound education,integrity and leadership ability.

1 Like

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by deandavid(m): 2:36pm On Feb 05, 2017
doctokwus:
That is d sawdust brain that got people deceiving d cattle rearer that he is on d right track while he foolishly leads op and his likes to doom.
Answer this simple question:
Nigeria is self sufficient in cement production,including its raw materials.So how come,d price has doubled in d past one year?
-Nigeria has substantially(@least according to govt propaganda) increased local rice production and processing.How come price of local rice is almost same as imported rice?
-They sed Naira was losing value because most $ were used to import fuel,rice,putting pressure on d dollar.Fuel import has decreased,ditto rice,cement.There shud b less pressure on d $ theoretically.How come,with less demand on d dollar by former dollar gulpers,the naira has recorded its worst exchange rate to date($=500)?
-They also sed dey have blocked leakages and curbed corruption.Why is it not reflecting also on d dollar exchange because we know a cause of d poor naira rate was d corrupt people who used their stolen Naira billions to exchange for dollars,for safe keeping.But naira is worse off despite govt claims.
The answers to d above is d same,crass incompetence.PMB never had what I for one always thought he had:ability to lead,a plan in place and ability to analyze simple issues and take a right decision.He is dull and deceived my likes with pretences to aving some sound education,integrity and leadership ability.
Would have loved to answer the questions you raised because these are analysis fro half education which is more dangerous than illiteracy. But no need, Even if i explain you wont accept. bros pack go Ghana go stay.

1 Like

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by DelGardo: 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
deandavid:

Would have loved to answer the questions you raised because these are analysis fro half education which is more dangerous than illiteracy. But no need, Even if i explain you wont accept. bros pack go Ghana go stay.

Exactly.

Even if foreign reserves increases to $100b I will support any policy that promotes increasing national output and productivity over one that favours mindless importation and fake luxurious lifestyles of a few.

Notice how it is mostly people in the SE/SS that are complaining. Their northern compatriots, who were never persuaded by the high-roller Wale Aluko and Igho Sanomi type of quick wealth, are smiling to the bank everyday because they have invested in agriculture.

We complain about Fulani people but we are still buying their cow! How many ranches have we built in the SE/SS since independence?

Our people are still looking for cheap dollars to carry on with the container-in-the-high sea mentality.

Let the rates keep rising in the short term so that people will think more about how to earn in dollars. I know it is biting now.. and may be hard for us to un-learn age old trading traditions But we are industrious! Very.

Long live Buhari for taking the sure way to development. Hard in the short term but fulfilling in the end

1 Like

Re: Regret Voting Buhari by Musampa73(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
lordizak:
#IStandWithBuhari. Haters go to hell and burn.

I know you are fooling yasef but
"kwontunue" in Mama P voice.

(1) (Reply)

$43m/sgf Probe: Oke To Storm Panel With Video, Memo Tomorrow / Nnamdi Kanu: Groups Express Outrage As Fayose Defends Court Appearance / Why It Is In The Best Interest Of The SS/SE Never To Support A Yoruba Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.