Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

The Two Face Of Tuface Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Two Face Of Tuface Protest (476 Views)

"The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati / Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont / 5 Implications Of The Tuface Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Two Face Of Tuface Protest by ariesbull: 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2017
On February 2nd I started my opinion in my post about Tuface with the title: “The 6th of February TuFace Protest: I have asked myself how innocent is innocent’s protest as things unfold !

“I still view this protest with suspicion. I have read, observed and I am seeing the same people who sold the Chibok scam behind it. But that does not take away the need to protest this disaster happening in and from Aso Rock.”
I went further to say it is their right and is right to protest, but the above statement of, “I still view this protest with suspicion” was based on my conviction that there is something fishy about how a oppressor figure as huge as Tuface got to be the leader of the “planned protest”.

In truth, I have been thinking whether to join(not that my joining would add or remove anything from it) or not. I knew some things did not add up.

When Tuface spoke on video, he mentioned Abuja and Lagos but people were adding Kano and Portharcourt. I objected to the Kano venue as it was a trap for Ndigbo.

Many people are now taunting or praising Tuface for actually being simply a human.

This is #TwoFaceOfTuface.

Was Tuface in it for business? As a businessman, was Tuface doing business? Your guess is as good as mine.

If I was so moved to join the protest, I would still go out at the venue and still walk with my placard from the national Stadium to National theatre. I would have done it. If I have openly on Facebook, radio, tv, Whatsap “stood by tuface” or is convinced about the planned protest I would still come out, even if I am the only one.

The point I am making is that the planned protest should be beyond any individual, it is a personal survival choice.

If 10 people decide to go ahead with the protest, they will find more people that will join them. What will be the consequences? Nothing.

If I carry a placard or decide to wear green cloth to say “I Stand with Buhari”, would the police arrest me? If I carry a placard that reads “May Buhari Succeed”, would I be stopped and arrested? If I carry a placard that reads “I have lost my job”, ” I am tired of Nigeria”, would I be arrested? What about “Buhari please do something”?

So it is up to the masses, the planned protest should have a life of its own with or without Tuface!

If you feel you are sincere about Nigeria situation, you need not wait for Tuface to lead, go out on Monday and walk!

Ordinarily, this is an opportunity to have a new Gani or Fela emerge, any human rights activist can still lead. All is needed is to send out messages to your contacts, use your Facebook, Whatsapp, twitter and spread the information that the protest still holds, with or without Two face of Tuface.

For me the protest should hold with or without Two face of Tuface!

It is a right and it is right.

Let the protest hold or forever remain silent.

https://etimesafrica./2017/02/05/%e2%80%8bthe-two-face-of-tuface/#more-4322
Re: The Two Face Of Tuface Protest by OOOS: 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
You can still go ahead and do yours

(1) (Reply)

Moremi Ojudu To Send Procession To Bourdillion As Youths Await 6th March Protest / READ! Acting President Osinbajo Finally Speaks On Buhari’s Health, Resignation / Where Are The NDA? Are They Tired Of Bombing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.