Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping (17842 Views)

Dambazau Visits Scene Of January 1 Rivers Killings (Photos) / Fatai Owoseni Controls Traffic In Ikorodu (Photos) / Shettima Visits Scene Of Bomb Blast At University Of Maiduguri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by itsdumebi(m): 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2017
Police launch manhunt for kidnappers

The Lagos state commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni on Thursday paid a visit to the scene of a Kidnapping incident that occurred in Isheri north area of the state.

Some unknown gunmen numbering about 11, stormed the residence of the Secretary of Isheri North Estate, GRA, Lagos State, Mr Dayo Adekoya, around 10 pm on Wednesday and abducted him.

The hoodlums shot sporadically in the air and terrorized residents for over 4 hours before whisking their victim away around 1 am. 3 of the estate security guards lost their lives trying to foil the kidnap attempt.

Owoseni, in the company of some soldiers patrolled the area and spoke with some eyewitnesses before departing. Photos below;

http://politicsngr.com/lagos-cp-visits-scene-isheri-north-kidnapping/

1 Share

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by sarrki(m): 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2017
Nigeria police are not pro active

They are only re active

6 Likes

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2017
sarrki:

They are only re active

pro-active kor.. pro-service ni.

na you wan train their pikin if they die in active service

many ex service men have died while their families have no hope of accessing their late father's pensions or gratuities

even the solgers who got killed in sambisa forest died for nothing...the promises of reward if got killed in active service na wash...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by ayourbamie: 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2017
Why is kidnapping so rampant these days, is it the state of the nation too?
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by amiibaby(f): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2017
Okay

NEXT
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Blurryface(m): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2017
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by akigbemaru: 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
Kidnapped
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by hischoice(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mr. Fatai is really working to get his ratings up.

You would notice he's been deliberately getting his name behind major security news lately; even ahead of the Lagos State Police Command.

We only have bad news, there is no bad PR.

The chap might just make it to the position of an IG someday.

4 Likes

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by OCTAVO: 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
Good
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by championeh(m): 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
Can NPF be more proactive, invest more on protective/proactive measures than reactive Management.

1 Like

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by LorDBolton(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
ayourbamie:

It's the militants bruv... from ND down to ikorodu creeks

Since govt under buhari started clamping down on their bunkering and illegal refining paroles they've turned to kidnapping

Many have fled to less 'riverine' areas of lag thanks to these fools.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by babythug(f): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2017
sarrki:

They are only re active

Even their "re-active" actions are feeble and irritating and in many cases waste of the victim's time and money!

God help us in.this country

1 Like

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Doyin2(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2017
No burglar proof at the window?
shocked
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by NameChecker: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2017
The hoodlums shot sporadically in the air and terrorized residents for over 4 hours before whisking their victim away around 1 am. 3 of the estate security guards lost their lives trying to foil the kidnap attempt.

Even if the nearest Police Station is at Ibadan, they would have arrived at the incident scene

1 Like

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by babythug(f): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2017
championeh:
Can NPF be more proactive, invest more on protective/proactive measures than reactive Management.

The rot in our nation has eaten quite deep into NPF. The officers are poorly trained, equipped and of course poorly remunerated!

The officers themselves have no passion for the job and get into the force largely to earn an income.

They're not even keen on actually carrying out the core functions they've been employed for!

Nigeria just wears me out with all these issues left, right and centre

3 Likes

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by babythug(f): 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2017
Doyin2:
No burglar proof at the window?
shocked

Probably uprooted by the criminals. You'd be amazed at how equipped and armed they come to carry out these deadly attacks

1 Like

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by bishop4life(m): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2017
carmag:

many ex service men have died while their families have no hope of accessing their late father's pensions or gratuities

even the solgers who got killed in sambisa forest died for nothing...the promises of reward if got killed in active service na wash...

I have to read your post again and again. just looking for your point though. so you mean to tell me their unpaid gratuity is responsible for their absence during crime? tell me more.
Besides the all saw offloading job at oshodi and alaba but choose to serve in the NPF.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Laple0541(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
bishop4life:

I have to read your post again and again. just looking for your point though. so you mean to tell me their unpaid gratuity is responsible for their absence during crime? tell me more.
Besides the all saw offloading job at oshodi and alaba but choose to serve in the NPF.

If you have to read over and over b4 you could understand those salient points he made obviously something is wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by nextstep(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
itsdumebi:

So nobody called police or they didn't show up? 4 hours? Haba

2 Likes

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Timelezz: 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2017
carmag:

I just wonder at what your statement is trying to convey.

Police gratuity and pension is under the police management scheme. So if they aren't paid, the police hierarchy and administration is to blame.

Police corruption in Nigeria is unsettling and disgraceful. From extorting monies from motorists and demanding nonexisting documents from drivers just to fleece them.

These people are utterly unprofessional and most of them don't even know anything about the law they are meant to enforce.

1 Like

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by hedonistic: 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
The terrain looks too isolated abeg. No wonder the robbers/kidnappers had a field day... Relaxing for a massive 4 hours in the vicinity, and probably taking their time to eat sumptuous meals and rape females in the entire estate (God forbid). Ridiculous.

I always insist that I'd rather stay in a mini flat in the heart of town than stay in an unsecured mansion in the outskirts or in an isolated area.. In the name of "na my own house I dey live". Life is too short for nonsense, and for me, quality of life is more important than anything else. At least if robbers come calling in the heart of town they would be in a hurry to leave and can never stay up to one hour to wreck havoc.

Not the kind of area where robbers or kidnappers would take all the time in the world to inflict misery on families. I have a relative who suffered this kind of fate when he moved from Festac to his own duplex close to Agbara.

3 Likes

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Timelezz: 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
Laple0541:

If you have to read over and over b4 you could understand those salient points he made obviously something is wrong somewhere.
What "salient points"?
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Arewa12: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
Police is ur friend
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by onatisi(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
ayourbamie:
because it is the easiest way to make cool millions within hours .
if you know the number of kidnappings happening on a daily basis you will be shocked . majority of it are not reported to the police or the media , the families just pay the ransome fee and move on
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Snowstorm: 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
See where person go build house ehn.. .
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by Lusola15: 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2017
the three security guys that lost theirs, have no name abi

drivers, cooks and security guards are most important set of people yet they are underpaid undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by patonyx1: 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
Exactly what I was about asking too.

So for 4 hours no single Police patrol Team could reach the location.
Even if the Police is coming from Benin, they would get to the location within 4hours or less.

God help us!

nextstep:

So nobody called police or they didn't show up? 4 hours? Haba
Re: Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping by DanielGb(m): 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
Oga Commissioner in the company of soldier? Even the police are hopeless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Performed Beyond Expectations – Anyim / Abba Kyari, Kawu Awarded 10 TV/Radio Licenses To Self, Cronies - Daily Nigerian / COVID-19: Taraba Government Relaxes Lockdown; Thanks Tarabans For Compliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.