Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com (86319 Views)

End Of Danfo Buses As First Set Of Brand New Buses Arrive - Video / Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos / See Pictures Of Water Buses That Can Move On Water And Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by ngolokante(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
PHIPEX:
The multiplier effect in Economics should make them think home rather than India. Are we saying that Innoson that has a plant in Lagos and pays tax to Lagos is not economic enough? What about signing an MOU with him to train the Agberos in Lagos like he is doing to Niger Delta militants?

Well said.... Well said

1 Like

Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by deb(m): 10:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
We dey always get "starting" but ending we no dey get.

I go siddon here look into the near future to measure the success of this idea.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Toks2008(m): 10:28pm On Feb 09, 2017
helinues:
Not bad oo

Eko don dey become small london be that

I just wonder what will become of the present Danfo drivers.

No Governor should bring hardship on his people so he should rather let the old Danfos be while he introduces new ones
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Mortiple(m): 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
Does the ban implies that there will be no Yellow Buses in streets and interior areas? Is Lagos State capable of providing enough of these buses that will serve the entire State?

Gov Ambode should apply caution because of the negative multiplier effect this project will result to, if not well implemented (which seems more likely).

"Building a Mega City" shouldn't make him throw caution into the winds.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Gemc3(f): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Shee no be "five five" dem go carry?
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by truthstands11: 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2017
I don't think this is a good idea. Surely, there's going to be increase in crime. Many families feed from being a danfo driver. How are they going to survive in the midst of this hardship.

1 Like

Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Originalsly: 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2017
TATA buses are rugged.... very rugged... and wayyy more suitable for Lagos weather, culture, roads and little attention to maintenance than any other buses...on Planet Earth! Time will tell. Very good choice.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by enemyofprogress: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
ajepako:

You moved to 'New york's in 'kanada' with the goat lya Mufu dash you?

Toh... New York ni Kannada gbalejo Oran.. tongue tongue tongue
its jealously that's eating you up baby. I'm out of Nigeria for good baby tongue
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Peertopeerguide(m): 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
Iffa hear
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by nostimi4u(m): 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
Good idea; although it must be systematic and done professionally; u have to create an efficient and alternative offer for the danfo drivers. What dey basically need 's enlightenment. As for the agberos the need to go fora llong vacations in Nigerians prisons in d North
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 09, 2017
dis 1 no go fit carry tomatoes ooooh and other foods stup
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Niyinficient(m): 11:45pm On Feb 09, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
no grin....cuz u have no teeth in that smile. I don't want a toothless man

Kakabukaraaaaakkakakakaakaaqakabooommmmm!

See finishing
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Raypawer(m): 12:00am On Feb 10, 2017
Sorry, not every family in Nigeria, over here in my state, there are some families that don't have any member or so in Lagos, its either here (Akwa Ibom) or London, St Peters, Dominica, so your assumption is wrong

Origin:
I'm more concerned with adequacy. With the red and blue BRT buses we thought transport would be duly taken care of. But since everybody in Nigeria now has a family in Lagos the current transport system is still not adequate.

Hope the fare will be realistic because the old BRT brought some increase in some transport fare.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Aawizdom(m): 12:03am On Feb 10, 2017
SexyBabe001:
It was earlier reported during the week that the LASG will finally eradicate Danfo buses off Lagos roads, well the government seems not to be joking as it had finally unveiled buses that will replace the buses from its roads. These are some of the pictures as Ajayiwrites.com brings to you some exclusives pictures from the factory.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/02/lasg-unveils-buses-that-will-replace.html
Job created job lose
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 10, 2017
In another 3 years, these ones too will turn to Danfo. So what's the point?

1 Like

Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by sojikul(m): 1:02am On Feb 10, 2017
U guy are happy for this development abi

May be u didn't do some statistics of people who will be layoffs duties I mean the danfo guys

Let's assuming we have 10,000 danfo applying lagos that means we have 20,000 drivers and conductor.

PLEASE WHOSE JOBS WILL THEY BE DOING NOW?
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Pearly255(f): 2:08am On Feb 10, 2017
Nice one
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by ojophilip(m): 3:28am On Feb 10, 2017
endtime buses
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Dareomo(m): 4:31am On Feb 10, 2017
Let the Gov. Ambode ensure the fast completion of Badagry express way.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by iukpe: 4:46am On Feb 10, 2017
godfatherx:
Tata motors of India!
I have a few questions
1. Is it just the colour the governor wants to change, such that transporters can use any make of vehicle?
2. If not, there are thousands of yellow buses, will Tata motors open a plant in Nigeria to meet the demands or some importer will have to source for the already scarce forex to bring this vehicles.
3. Where is Innoson?

#MyOpinion

YOU ARE ONLY TRYING TO MAKE COMMON SENSE!
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by iukpe: 4:50am On Feb 10, 2017
truthstands11:
I don't think this is a good idea. Surely, there's going to be increase in crime. Many families feed from being a danfo driver. How are they going to survive in the midst of this hardship.
The government could set up a system to allow existing Danfo bus owners to key into this new system, either by providing employment and adequate training for them with a salary or operating scheme that will be rewarding in the long term to the the system and the drivers.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by bigsmoke2(m): 5:00am On Feb 10, 2017
Why not innoson why.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by mecussey(m): 5:44am On Feb 10, 2017
godfatherx:
Tata motors of India!
I have a few questions
1. Is it just the colour the governor wants to change, such that transporters can use any make of vehicle?
2. If not, there are thousands of yellow buses, will Tata motors open a plant in Nigeria to meet the demands or some importer will have to source for the already scarce forex to bring this vehicles.
3. Where is Innoson?

#MyOpinion

i wonder too...is this what we need at this moment ? They should be talking about rails and how to make free movement and not fancy.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by millhouse: 6:37am On Feb 10, 2017
How do i invest in this
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by FaroukM(m): 7:19am On Feb 10, 2017
Nice idea,...what will be the faith of the danfo drivers,..there some of them than live on wat they make daily on their danfo.
1. Will this bus be enough for lagos populace..even then yellow BRT, and LaG are not enough yet...high increase in crime awaits..
2. Every state you go has their transport colour..that yellow colour makes lagos look like Newyork
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2017
it ain't ivm so I'm not impressed. One of the best governors though
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Sirdayor(m): 9:05am On Feb 10, 2017
I only feels that, governor Ambode need to be careful, so that the project will not be a total failure.
May be the program should be done in phases..
I equally noticed that those buses are too big for most of our bus stops..
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 10, 2017
Pearly255:
Nice one
abeg ee nor nice oooO make dem nor con spoil work 4 pple!!!
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by Bimpe29: 9:52am On Feb 10, 2017
Eko O'ni Baje.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by doziex: 10:49am On Feb 10, 2017
Naija nah wah for you O. We always cut of our own nose to spite our face.

Gov. Ambode is a hard working governor, but he failed this one.

Does anybody here think IVM will win any indian govt contract over TATA ? The answer is HELL NAH !!!

The governor should have partnered with IVM on this venture. If the contract is too big for IVM, they could have partnered in a win-win ppp format. That would establish IVM assembly plants in lagos, creating thousands of jobs.

Dealing with TATA only makes sense, if TATA is willing to manufacture/assemble the buses in lagos.

Like Dangote's deal with sinotruk. They will jointly build a plant in lagos, in order to manufacture 10,000 trucks for dangote cement distribution.

Also, dangote had previously patronized IVM for his distribution network in Ghana.

This is what happens in a country, where tribalism supercedes Patriotism.

FYI, IVM has manufactured and donated 4x4 jeeps to our military, while our military patronizes Toyota hilux trucks and ford trucks.

IVM, has found local solutions to NAF's Alphajet brake assemblys, whereas NAF purchases "Honker" trucks from Poland.

Just saying.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by mpowa(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2017
Origin:
I'm more concerned with adequacy. With the red and blue BRT buses we thought transport would be duly taken care of. But since everybody in Nigeria now has a family in Lagos the current transport system is still not adequate.

Hope the fare will be realistic because the old BRT brought some increase in some transport fare.
How did the BRT bring increase in transport fare? I thought transport fare reduced, because most people go for the BRT buses which is much cheaper than the Danfos and other commercial buses.
Re: LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com by charles1300: 11:03am On Feb 10, 2017
As a punter/bettor, don't sit there and wonder when its going to be your turn to win big. see photo below for more and thank me later!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Car Talk Library / $142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.