Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Men Don't Like Tall Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Don't Like Tall Women (65673 Views)

Why Do People Like Tall Girls? / Tall Women Or Short Women – Which Do You Prefer? / Why Do Short Men Like To Date Tall Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Don't Like Tall Women by nastiptop(f): 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2009
I find that tall males don't like tall girls. I am tall and I get overlooked by the guys taller than me. I get approached by short guys. I'm not ugly or anything, I'm in good shape so i have no clue. I do have a theory, though.

Basically, I think it's an instinctive thing that guys like short girls because taller girls especially ones who are attractive are quite intimidating. A lot of the dispositions towards you would be along the lines of "she's so good, she wouldn't even look at a guy like me". It takes a special kind of guy who's confident enough to approach a tall girl.

I'm not trying to generalize, i know it is attraction, but I'm asking so guys (and girls) let me in on why!
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2009
Actually, I thought the opposite would be case i.e the short guys would be intimidated by you? Anyhoo I like a guy to be taller than me smiley
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by MUZBO(m): 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2009
Poster, by 'intimidating' I believe you really mean 'scary' - because most girls tall or not don't know which demeanor to use to be approachable. These girls now go about bemoaning lack of confidence in guys; how can a guy be confident when you look like you'll eat him up. Point is frankly I don't believe its your height, its your demeanor!

2 Likes

Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2009
exacta. i dont think attraction is the problem, try to smile a bit more or something.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Raymond247(m): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
The reason is because some men per say does not like to carry a women that is taller than them on the street, because people may tink she is older than him, they might as well yab him for being too small to his girl. Moreso, some beleives that when a tall man marries a tall woman also it might tell on thier offsprings.
For me i preffer a tall lady to a short one, so buddy dont get scared about ur height u only have to maintain ur shape and rhyme it with ur height. Aba u go become hot cake. At least girls wey they compete for miss world most of them dey tall. Ciao
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by mamagee3(f): 8:12pm On Dec 05, 2009
Most men love tall women
But no very tall ones.
tongue
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by cliffy: 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2009
Actally, guyz prefer an average height girl to an xtra tall girl because they don't like dia girls to be taller them or of the same height, while some tall guyz prefer an average not brief 2 a tall girl, since they're tall no need for dia girl 2 be taller than they're. Most tall girls, pretty are too proud of themselves & they don't put up xmiling face, ''ow would u xpect a guy 2 approch u wen ur face is like a rumpled tissue paper, they(girls) look @ the guyz as if  they're not interest @ all". As for me, i'm tall & i like girls wit good height, 9ice shape & charakta, & a well curved booty.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by kech(f): 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2009
nastiptop:

I find that tall males don't like tall girls. I am tall and I get overlooked by the guys taller than me. I get approached by short guys. I'm not ugly or anything, I'm in good shape so i have no clue. I do have a theory, though.

Basically, I think it's an instinctive thing that guys like short girls because taller girls especially ones who are attractive are quite intimidating. A lot of the dispositions towards you would be along the lines of "she's so good, she wouldn't even look at a guy like me". It takes a special kind of guy who's confident enough to approach a tall girl.

I'm not trying to generalize, i know it is attraction, but I'm asking so guys (and girls) let me in on why!

grin grin I'm 6ft tall so I understand you. Although I disagree with the "only short guys" part. I get approached mostly by tall men. It depends on each individual.
You are right about most guys being intimidated by the "very tall and attractive" type though.  Being very tall in itself is a head turner, if you come put "very attractive" on top am, that one na traffic jam now. Let me give you my theory from a "reliable source".  It takes a lot of guts for a guy (short or tall) to walk up to a very tall and attractive girl in the open, when you know that probably the whole world and it's junior brother will be looking at her direction. There's this fear of open rejection. Most girls like that get approached either in private or by chance meetings. So honey, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

DISCLAIMER: I no dey claim say I fine like dat ooo. But I fine small sha.  grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by C2H5OH(f): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2009
I love tall babes.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Nobody: 1:42am On Dec 06, 2009
nastiptop:

poster i dont know how to put this because am not a woman. but will say may be you have a different complex. for a tall girl to be approached mainly by men shorter than she is, is kind of unusual. naturally men feel intimidated by women taller than them. they don't find it comfortable elevating their head or eye, just to talk to their lady. if you are a girl of 6 ft, expect to be approached by men beyond that height.

my be you should make yourself more approachable, always assume a friendly disposition. dont let your height enter your head. smile and keep your face relax in a way that reflects your womanhood, believe me you would see changes.
good luck

1 Like

Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:11am On Dec 06, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic. . . .

I like tall woman but i respect both. . . . kiss kiss kiss
[/size]
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by stilletos: 3:41am On Dec 06, 2009
MUZBO:

Poster, by 'intimidating' I believe you really mean 'scary' - because most girls tall or not don't know which demeanor to use to be approachable. These girls now go about bemoaning lack of confidence in guys; how can a guy be confident when you look like you'll eat him up. Point is frankly I don't believe its your height, its your demeanor!

lol, Ma boyfriend told me d same thing,, It took balls 4 him 2 approach me, lol, I front 2 much abeg, lol, Not dat I'm a mean person.I just don't know where 2 draw the line between Hot desperado waiting to be picked up and get away from me I'm 2 good 4 u. Anyway I don't need 2 worry abt dat anymore, lol tongue
So ladies if dat man really want u, he is gonna come get u and sweep you off your feet, I don't see any rizin y a sista shud be smilinn like a high retarded mofo
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by puskin: 3:47am On Dec 06, 2009
Tall beautiful babes dey trip me.
I simply luv 'em tall.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:04am On Dec 06, 2009
[size=13pt]puskin see your name sound like pumpkin leaf. . . . . . cheesy cheesy. i berra find your trouble now. tongue[/size]
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by puskin: 4:15am On Dec 06, 2009
. . .Try ur luck.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by puskin: 4:16am On Dec 06, 2009
. . .Im waiting.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by puskin: 4:17am On Dec 06, 2009
Oh!!! Whr dis Ogaga4luv dey now.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 06, 2009
@Poster
True:::

As for me I Like! Maybe because I'm also tall
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2009
Not really fussed with regards to height.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:53am On Dec 07, 2009
Nope men love tall women. . .Its Short men who do not like tall women! wink
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by edoyad(m): 9:28am On Dec 07, 2009
Men don't care about tall or short i think. The first thing that attracts many(not all) a man to a woman is the Ka Ching ! bosomian size grin . The next thing for a naija guy would be the backside followed by stuff like stomach size, shape of legs etc.
Short girls usually have enormous bosom and patootie sizes on them that's why they attract the most flies grin grin
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Cupidkc(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
Wheather tall or short,wht matters is the person in the person. As 4 me,am attractd 2 tall girls. Peace!!!
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by NobiGod: 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
kech:

grin grin I'm 6ft tall so I understand you. Although I disagree with the "only short guys" part. I get approached mostly by tall men. It depends on each individual.
You are right about most guys being intimidated by the "very tall and attractive" type though.  Being very tall in itself is a head turner, if you come put "very attractive" on top am, that one na traffic jam now. Let me give you my theory from a "reliable source".  It takes a lot of guts for a guy (short or tall) to walk up to a very tall and attractive girl in the open, when you know that probably the whole world and it's junior brother will be looking at her direction. There's this fear of open rejection. Most girls like that get approached either in private or by chance meetings. So honey, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

DISCLAIMER: I no dey claim say I fine like dat ooo. But I fine small sha.  grin grin

I like your post on this, being attractive (with average height) or tall (with average look) inspires same reaction from guys. I think she should look beyong height and add some swagga even if your face is hideous. Guys fancy gals with style too.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by afrikaam(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
Girls above 5'11 are weirdly tall. But i perfer smaller ladies. I am actually 6'3 myself. But its not a deal breaker. Pretty with personality wins the day, everyday.

www.afrika.am | Watch Nollywood Movies Now!

Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by hambehsam(m): 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
I Like them, tall, beatiful, slim and fair. It all depends on the guy really and what he wants. Height should not be a barrier if I really want the babe. Check your personal charm and how you relate with guys, there may be something putting them off.
Best of Luck.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by koko12(m): 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2009

I'm not trying to generalize, i know it is attraction, but I'm asking so guys (and girls) let me in on why!,

I dont agree wiv ya at all, I'm 6ft and i like a girl who's my height or taller(really) turns me on and i find tall chicks interesting(no intimidation) ciao smiley
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by mrperfect(m): 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
That is not true I am average person I like tall girls than any other thing. And i pray that God will give me tallest girl in town to date and marry.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by FBS: 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
Men don't like tall women? are you serious? There is no element of truth in that.
Girl you never jam. . . cheesy
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by DOAweb(m): 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
FBS:

Men don't like tall women? are you serious? That is no element of truth in that.
Girl you never jam. . . cheesy

Absolutely agree with you. LOVE dem Tall, Beautiful and Intelligent, LOVE dem!

Girls, don't you think it's time we move on from 'the guy as no confidence to approach a girl business'? The world is moving on from that, If you are a girl and you fancy a guy, APPROACH him - Simples!!
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
[size=13pt]ooooh you think say i dey fear you. . . ? grin. see as you dey beat your chest boasting for me in public forum. ok, i don show. . . wait! nor run i dey come for you but hope say you prepare well your bullet proof unless na your Odeishi go talk. cool[/size]
puskin:

puskin:

. . .Im waiting.
puskin:

Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by dolu2007(m): 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
The reverse is the case here,
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by bigrod1: 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2009
[size=16pt]pls no fight here.abeg.
sextacy:

poster i dont know how to put this because am not a woman. but will say may be you have a different complex. for a tall girl to be approached mainly by men shorter than she is, is kind of unusual. naturally men feel intimidated by women taller than them. they don't find it comfortable elevating their head or eye, just to talk to their lady. if you are a girl of 6 ft, expect to be approached by men beyond that height.

[b]my be you should make yourself more approachable, always assume a friendly disposition. dont let your height enter your head. smile and keep your face relax in a way that reflects your womanhood, believe me you would see changes.[/b]good luck

this is a good advice for u[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shakiro Cameroonian Cross Dresser Sentenced To Jail For Practicing Homosexuality / Photos Of A Cute Couple Who Met On Nairaland / My Pregnant, Stubborn Girlfriend Slapped Me, Insults My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.