Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Are There Laws Protecting "Mad People" In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Laws Protecting "Mad People" In Nigeria? (515 Views)

Benue Livestock Guard Members Protecting Farmers From Fulani Herdsmen / Soldier From Kogi Dismissed For Protecting Biafrans (Video) / Why Does Nigeria Not Enact Laws Protecting Our Wildlife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Laws Protecting "Mad People" In Nigeria? by azimibraun: 6:09am On Feb 11, 2017
It may appear weird even to me but again it's a fact that a lot of mad persons in our various societies are violated daily by people and all they do is to go lick their wounds. For a start, every mad person in Nigeria has a verdict passed on them in the " Invincible" court of public opinion already. If it's an Old woman, she certainly became mad as a result of "Karma" from her witchcraft activities, If it's a young mad lady, she became mad after she committed adultery, fornicated with another guy while the real lover was spending for her. or as the case may be attempted to harm her partner or her partner's kids in a polygamous home Karma sets in and she ran mad, It is. Known fact " false though" that any man young or old who is mad in Nigeria definitely must have committed some grievous crimes before madness sets in as Karma. He may have killed for money ritual before or was a huge drug abuser as t is commonly said in Nigeria " e don smoke igbo run mad". So my question is this for a group of people who are definitely a minority and are " insane" to even speak for themselves, what provision are there for them especially when they are already presumed guilty of doing " bad" to society and themselves? A mad man would come close to restaurant and the owner or customers will throw just about anything they lay their hands on as hard as the can at the madman sometime inflicting injury on the mad person and it's so okay by all sitted at that time. Some guy drove off the kerb the other day and ran a mad man walking by down and all he went for was checking if anything had happened to his car and those who came around were telling him how lucky he was " Madman bone dey strong like iron o" some people pour hot water on them, while some others pour cold water on them in the coldest of mornings. All this violations and I wonder. Are these stereotyped human beings in anyway protected by any laws at all? Even when they are Mad we should show them compassion or just walk on by not showing them any love or hate. It's better than hurting them. Sometime our actions against them turn them violent and that's not good. Just my thought and observation.
Re: Are There Laws Protecting "Mad People" In Nigeria? by ademega(m): 6:29am On Feb 11, 2017
Normal people self Never get protection

1 Like

Re: Are There Laws Protecting "Mad People" In Nigeria? by Trapnews: 6:56am On Feb 11, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: Are There Laws Protecting "Mad People" In Nigeria? by DIIGZ(m): 7:20am On Feb 11, 2017
Nice observation! But the evil people do ehn,I try as much as possible to avoid them coz they may be violent,buh I won't hurt them

(1) (Reply)

Ex-governor Ezeife Brands Anambra Politicians Leaving To APC As Thieves / Brain Teaser / Breakingnews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.