Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. (9831 Views)

Nigerian Programmers Are Great / Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design / A Call To Nigerian Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by sayusuf(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2017
tk4rd:
I am not a programmer, I know.. But I know that there are lots of intelligent Nigerians everywhere that are good in writing codes and creating good softwares and mobile apps..
Now, is the time we put their skills to good use..
Let us come together and do something spectacular..

If our leaders wouldn't to do the right thing, we Nigerians can put them aside and show them the way forward..
To that effect, I would like to make a suggestion here.

I would like the Nigerian Programmers to come together and conduct a competition that would require the participating competitors to create[b] hack-proof [/b]computer softwares and mobile apps that could be strong and viable enough to be used for conducting highly sensitive online elections.

Let the competition be widely publicized; and also, let all the apps and softwares that were used (or produced) in the competition be made available to the general public for testing in their various private polls and choice-making (and for public review too)..
If this is done, the government of the day would start thinking towards adopting electronic voting for once, and at the same time, make plans towards adopting these Nigerian-made softwares and apps rather than considering importation of the softwares..
In this modern era,, paper counting and recounting is absolutely outdated and archaic.. The importance and advantages of electronic voting are too numerous to mention

Nothing like hack-proof
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by Kingcesar: 4:14pm On May 08, 2017
If nairaland mods can gether a team of coding gurus and greeks it wud be nice and create and gofundme acc. We the members would fund it with our small changes
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by str8talk1: 4:23pm On May 08, 2017
tk4rd:
[b]
In this modern era,, paper counting and recounting is absolutely outdated and archaic.. The importance and advantages of electronic voting are too numerous to mention[b]

Guy, check your facts well before misinforming Nigerians!

One of the major voting methods in USA,is the ballot paper.
Ballot Paper voting methods was used in :
South Korea
France
India
Turkey (for their Referendum)
Algeria,
Europe, America , and Asia, etc.

The countries and continents mentioned above, are we better than them in terms of development and human capital development?
Because it has proved and outlived other forms of voting methods.

What, you should be canvassing is multiple methods of casting our vote.

The US used about Eight types of voting methods in the past Presidential Election.
Simply put it, WE ARE NOT RIPE for e-voting. QED.

Why?
Don't worry, the revelations in the coming month will shock Nigerians.

Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by jayriginal: 4:42pm On May 08, 2017
tk4rd:
I am being made to understand (by this very comment) that the corruption in Nigeria is more from the citizens, and not just the so called "corrupt leaders"

The leaders are also citizens albeit with higher" privileges".
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by shapman: 4:54pm On May 08, 2017
one individual can code an app for that purpose.
advanced AI technology will make the solution more robust and solid.
points to note are database structure integrity and dynamic encryption protocol for multiple layers security firewall.
we will get there soon...
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by Donkalio: 4:59pm On May 08, 2017
Good idea ooo! Please i'm a very good programmer. Kalio.james@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by tk4rd: 5:07pm On May 08, 2017
history2901:
I am ready to write the codes for a fee of 1 symbolic naira.
Those who want to bribe me to favour them in the elections will have to pay 5 million dollars, the first payer gets the service and I won't tell you if someone has already payed before you pay, I will only judge once everybody has given me 5 million dollars.
Can we start the contract ?
See Them
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by tk4rd: 5:28pm On May 08, 2017
str8talk1:

Guy, check your facts well before misinforming Nigerians!

One of the major voting methods in USA,is the ballot paper.
Ballot Paper voting methods was used in :
South Korea
France
India
Turkey (for their Referendum)
Algeria,
Europe, America , and Asia, etc.

The countries and continents mentioned above, are we better than them in terms of development and human capital development?
Because it has proved and outlived other forms of voting methods.

What, you should be canvassing is multiple methods of casting our vote.

The US used about Eight types of voting methods in the past Presidential Election.
Simply put it, WE ARE NOT RIPE for e-voting. QED.

Why?
Don't worry, the revelations in the coming month will shock Nigerians.

I am in support of any solution (or solutions) that would minimize human interference and corruption in the collation of results.. That is why I am thinking electronic voting and collation is the solution..
All these irregularities and rigging in elections are the only reasons I am particularly concerned
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by raffite: 12:22am On May 09, 2017
history2901:
... Everything is hackable.

Is this true? I dey fear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by PsychopathicG: 12:45am On May 09, 2017
I'll just go and bring Mavrodi's boyz, camp them in Barcelona Hotel and send out underG adverts to willing politicians.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by blackborn7(m): 9:04am On May 09, 2017
tk4rd:
I am not a programmer, I know.. But I know that there are lots of intelligent Nigerians everywhere that are good in writing codes and creating good softwares and mobile apps..
Now, is the time we put their skills to good use..
Let us come together and do something spectacular..

If our leaders wouldn't to do the right thing, we Nigerians can put them aside and show them the way forward..
To that effect, I would like to make a suggestion here.

I would like the Nigerian Programmers to come together and conduct a competition that would require the participating competitors to create hack-proof computer softwares and mobile apps that could be strong and viable enough to be used for conducting highly sensitive online elections.

Let the competition be widely publicized; and also, let all the apps and softwares that were used (or produced) in the competition be made available to the general public for testing in their various private polls and choice-making (and for public review too)..
If this is done, the government of the day would start thinking towards adopting electronic voting for once, and at the same time, make plans towards adopting these Nigerian-made softwares and apps rather than considering importation of the softwares..
In this modern era,, paper counting and recounting is absolutely outdated and archaic.. The importance and advantages of electronic voting are too numerous to mention

Please @poster there seems to be something that is incoherent in your statement. I would love a better explanation of what you re talking about? let me recant one of your statements " I would like the Nigerian Programmers to come together and conduct a competition that would require the participating competitors to create hack-proof computer softwares and mobile apps that could be strong and viable enough to be used for conducting highly sensitive online elections. 1) Are you saying there should a competition for all programmers or a competition for both the presidential and governorship election. 2) And if all the presidential and governorship candidate create a hack-proof computer softwares of what use is the software when both presidential and governorship appointees can create theirs? this will lead to massive electronic rigging. Now if you are saying Nigerian programmers to create an application that can make it impenetrable for election invaders and information theft that, is somewhat possible.

the second paragraph of your statement Let the competition be widely publicized; and also, let all the apps and softwares that were used (or produced) in the competition be made available to the general public for testing in their various private polls and choice-making (and for public review too)..
I can deduce from your statement, you want the result ie the output generated from the application to be published in various polling units? i think is possible but it will take a heavy data migration and synchronization to achieve that. and if possible developing a web service from the scratch(api) for this project. Developing a web service is not something one can voluntarily do in country like Nigeria where everything is useless and things are taken for granted and above all one is not easily compensated for his/her effort. for me i can develop a web service if i'm paid but i cant try it for free reason because Nigeria Government are so ungrateful and they are thieves and at the end,the project will go down the drain later in the future. for example if Taye registered on the application and voted for beans, Taye went ahead and registered Kehinde and voted for beans instead of rice now the system would be able to detect Taye prints using his fingerprint from another database application and throw an exception to Taye that his finger print is already captured. secondly what if Taye later went ahead and register another application, this time Taye didnt scan his finger print on the finger print scanner, the application will reject his application and lastly Taye went ahead and register an application this time He use the foot print of a goat, the system will have to distinguish human finger print from external prints. how does the system handles that? since is online, in Nigeria everything is possible. my final conclusion is i'm interested if money is involve, base on the recession we Nigerians are facing.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by Olyboy16(m): 12:46pm On May 09, 2017
So Far, no one has come up with a truly workable and economic solution!! we will still keep watch and wait and hope to pick someone with a true solution.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by str8talk1: 1:08pm On May 09, 2017
tk4rd:
I am in support of any solution (or solutions) that would minimize human interference and corruption in the collation of results.. That is why I am thinking electronic voting and collation is the solution..
All these irregularities and rigging in elections are the only reasons I am particularly concerned

Just follow me, I will shock Nigerians with my Revelations on what needs to be done and how we have cheated ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by tk4rd: 7:21am On May 19, 2017
blackborn7:

Please @poster there seems to be something that is incoherent in your statement. I would love a better explanation of what you re talking about? let me recant one of your statements " I would like the Nigerian Programmers to come together and conduct a competition that would require the participating competitors to create hack-proof computer softwares and mobile apps that could be strong and viable enough to be used for conducting highly sensitive online elections. 1) Are you saying there should a competition for all programmers or a competition for both the presidential and governorship election.
It's for all programmers naa.. Programmers alone, and strictly for programmers.. It is supposed to be an independently organised competition that has nothing to do with the mainstream politics at the time it was going on.. And there would be prizes for the winners.. So, if a Presidential or Governorship aspirant is not a programmer, what concerns him with the competition meant for programmers.??
2) And if all the presidential and governorship candidate create a hack-proof computer softwares of what use is the software when both presidential and governorship appointees can create theirs? this will lead to massive electronic rigging.
Nothing concerns the presidential and governorship appointees here.. If it happened that the politicians brought their own programmers into the competition who later won, and whose apps and softwares were adopted,, then, it is another issue altogether... Since corruption is a widespread plague in Nigeria, nobody should be trusted.. Thus,, the winners of such competitions (whoever they may be) should be made to work under strictly controlled environments.
Now if you are saying Nigerian programmers to create an application that can make it impenetrable for election invaders and information theft that, is somewhat possible.
Well,, I guess you've now understood my write-up better.??

The second paragraph of your statement Let the competition be widely publicized; and also, let all the apps and softwares that were used (or produced) in the competition be made available to the general public for testing in their various private polls and choice-making (and for public review too)..
I can deduce from your statement, you want the result ie the output generated from the application to be published in various polling units? i think is possible but it will take a heavy data migration and synchronization to achieve that. and if possible developing a web service from the scratch(api) for this project.
After the independently organised competition (far before the elections), the apps and softwares that the competitors (programmers) developed and used in the competition would be made available to the public for them to be using in their private elections for the time being.. It has nothing to do with polling units yet..
Developing a web service is not something one can voluntarily do in country like Nigeria where everything is useless and things are taken for granted and above all one is not easily compensated for his/her effort. for me i can develop a web service if i'm paid but i cant try it for free reason because Nigeria Government are so ungrateful and they are thieves and at the end,the project will go down the drain later in the future. for example if Taye registered on the application and voted for beans, Taye went ahead and registered Kehinde and voted for beans instead of rice now the system would be able to detect Taye prints using his fingerprint from another database application and throw an exception to Taye that his finger print is already captured. secondly what if Taye later went ahead and register another application, this time Taye didnt scan his finger print on the finger print scanner, the application will reject his application and lastly Taye went ahead and register an application this time He use the foot print of a goat, the system will have to distinguish human finger print from external prints. how does the system handles that? since is online, in Nigeria everything is possible. my final conclusion is i'm interested if money is involve, base on the recession we Nigerians are facing.
At this point,, I would like you to go back and read the write-up again and see if you would understand it differently this time.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by tk4rd: 7:23am On May 19, 2017
blackborn7:

Please @poster there seems to be something that is incoherent in your statement. I would love a better explanation of what you re talking about? let me recant one of your statements " I would like the Nigerian Programmers to come together and conduct a competition that would require the participating competitors to create hack-proof computer softwares and mobile apps that could be strong and viable enough to be used for conducting highly sensitive online elections. 1) Are you saying there should a competition for all programmers or a competition for both the presidential and governorship election.
It's for all programmers naa.. Programmers alone, and strictly for programmers.. It is supposed to be an independently organised competition that has nothing to do with the mainstream politics at the time it was going on.. And there would be prizes for the winners.. So, if a Presidential or Governorship aspirant is not a programmer, what concerns him with the competition meant for programmers.??
2) And if all the presidential and governorship candidate create a hack-proof computer softwares of what use is the software when both presidential and governorship appointees can create theirs? this will lead to massive electronic rigging.
Nothing concerns the presidential and governorship appointees here.. If it happened that the politicians brought their own programmers into the competition who later won, and whose apps and softwares were adopted,, then, it is another issue altogether... Since corruption is a widespread plague in Nigeria, nobody should be trusted.. Thus,, the winners of such competitions (whoever they might be) should be made to work under strictly controlled environments.
Now if you are saying Nigerian programmers to create an application that can make it impenetrable for election invaders and information theft that, is somewhat possible.
Well,, I guess you've now understood my write-up from the perspective I looked at it.??

The second paragraph of your statement Let the competition be widely publicized; and also, let all the apps and softwares that were used (or produced) in the competition be made available to the general public for testing in their various private polls and choice-making (and for public review too)..
I can deduce from your statement, you want the result ie the output generated from the application to be published in various polling units? i think is possible but it will take a heavy data migration and synchronization to achieve that. and if possible developing a web service from the scratch(api) for this project.
After the independently organised competition (far before the elections), the apps and softwares that the competitors (programmers) developed and used in the competition would be made available to the public for them to be using in their private elections for the time being.. It has nothing to do with polling units yet..
Developing a web service is not something one can voluntarily do in country like Nigeria where everything is useless and things are taken for granted and above all one is not easily compensated for his/her effort. for me i can develop a web service if i'm paid but i cant try it for free reason because Nigeria Government are so ungrateful and they are thieves and at the end,the project will go down the drain later in the future. for example if Taye registered on the application and voted for beans, Taye went ahead and registered Kehinde and voted for beans instead of rice now the system would be able to detect Taye prints using his fingerprint from another database application and throw an exception to Taye that his finger print is already captured. secondly what if Taye later went ahead and register another application, this time Taye didnt scan his finger print on the finger print scanner, the application will reject his application and lastly Taye went ahead and register an application this time He use the foot print of a goat, the system will have to distinguish human finger print from external prints. how does the system handles that? since is online, in Nigeria everything is possible. my final conclusion is i'm interested if money is involve, base on the recession we Nigerians are facing.
At this point,, I would like you to go back and read the write-up again and see if you would understand it differently this time.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by tk4rd: 7:25am On May 19, 2017
blackborn7:

Nothing concerns the presidential and governorship appointees here.. If it happened that the politicians brought their own programmers into the competition who later won, and whose apps and softwares were adopted,, then, it is another issue altogether... Since corruption is a widespread plague in Nigeria, nobody should be trusted.. Thus,, the winners of such competitions (whoever they might be) should be made to work under strictly controlled environments.
Well,, I guess you've now understood my write-up from the perspective I looked at it.??

After the independently organised competition (far before the dates for the commencement of the general elections), the apps and softwares that the competitors (programmers) developed and used in the competition would be made available to the public for them to be using in their private elections for the time being.. It has nothing to do with polling units yet..
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by tk4rd: 7:27am On May 19, 2017
blackborn7:

After the independently organised competition (far before the dates for the commencement of the general elections), the apps and softwares that the competitors (programmers) developed and used in the competition would be made available to the public, for them (the public) to be using these apps and softwares in their private elections (in their companies and organisations or societies) for the time being.. It has nothing to do with polling units yet..
Re: Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. by tk4rd: 7:29am On May 19, 2017
blackborn7:

After the independently organised competition (far before the dates for the commencement of the general elections), the apps and softwares that the competitors (programmers) developed and used in the competition would be made available to the public, for them (the public) to be using these apps and softwares in their private elections (in their companies and organisations or societies) for the time being.. It has nothing to do with polling units yet..
At this point,, I would like you to go back and read the write-up again and see if you would understand it from a different perspective this time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Change IP Address On Android Device / I Need Help With This Adobe Master Collection Software / Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.