Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (60082 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 8:49am On Dec 07, 2009
Okay, Good weekend for me (Chelsea lost to Citeh. . . shocked grin grin grin)

All Spot-Kicks were saved this week. . .FAB,Lamptard,Defoe! shocked shocked shocked

New Thread, mhen, i'm starting to feel this. Murky'z Back  grin  cool. . .

We get to see the KID'z on display against Olykilakoz. . . grin grin

Anyways. . .unto this weekz game!! Loserpool. .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 9:30am On Dec 07, 2009
aint scared of liverfluke ;d ;d ;d
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Borat1: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2009
Well what do you know?
Torres and Aquilani will be fit for this weekends clash with the gaynners grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2009
The game against pool is building up to be a fire cracker.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 11:26am On Dec 07, 2009
Ha ha ha
The 'sick' British Press is at it again linking Arsenal to Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
Sickos.
I would rather see Rashidi Yekini in the red and white shirt than Ruud
If RVN should play for Arsenal, how would he feel watching all those old videos when he(RVN) was the number one enemy.
Anyways, It's been reported that Beattie had a bust up with his gaffer over Chritmas Party grin
Watch the Press link Beattie with a move to the Emirates in the coming days! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Borat1: 11:33am On Dec 07, 2009
HNIC:

Watch the Press link Beattie with a move to the Emirates in the coming days! grin

You mean you'll be biting ur fingers, watching nervously for AW to make a bid for Beattie? shocked
Thats low! grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
~Borat~:

You mean you'll be biting your fingers, watching nervously for AW to make a bid for Beattie? shocked
Thats low! grin tongue
Ha ha ha
I am sure you can detect some sarcasm and extreme abhorrence for the silly British Press in my Post grin

Beattie
No way
Can't even fit in the CC team tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by ritchboy(m): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
I've been watching Beatie for like a decade now and i can categorically state he hits a better spot kick than any other player on earth. . . we could use a player of his calibre cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Cristalz(f): 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
Perhaps this is the match Rafa's been saving Aquilani for. grin Man's been hoarding the player like crazy.

Torres, Gerrard, Aquilani, Kuyt. . .look out, Wenger.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2009
May the good lord bless this new thread and keep away our sworn enemies like Cristalz, rodents and house mice like Sauron and Dayokanu, may their biased wisdom be turned to folly when they try to post on this thread, may their hard drives crash, their keyboards develop stuck keys and their Monitors turn off when they want to start their rubbish talk on this new arsenal thread, father give them troubles in the clubs they support so they don't have time to mess up our beautiful new thread. Amen and Amen and Amen. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 2:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
Seems the least likely person is starting to get tight fisted too? I really believe Manure will someday rue not signing this boy, would be all the more interesting if Arsene buys him next week (I wish).
I saw him in the European U19s and he looked in that CR7 and Kaka mould. would be a viable replacement for Rosicky in the long run.

From the Manure correspondent on Soccernet.
[Quote]
[size=20pt]Ljajic snub smells fishy[/size]

Posted by Daniel Harris 2 days, 1 hour ago

To paraphrase Verbal Kint, the greatest trick that debt ever pulled was convincing the world it didn’t exist. Those who did believe in it were treated as cranks by the vast majority of those in the game and in the media, until the incontrovertible evidence of ticket prices rocketing in inverse proportion to transfer market spending left them looking decidedly Michael Fishy.

- On-pitch matters set up Tevez test

For those unfamiliar with great British weather forecasters, Michael Fish was the man who on October 15th 1987 told us the following: “Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way; well, if you’re watching, don’t worry, there isn’t”.

As it turned out, there was – the worst in almost 300 years – and following the sudden cancellation of the transfer to United of Serbian youngster Adem Ljajic, residents of M16 would do well to brace themselves for a storm.

Quite simply, aborting the deal makes sense only against a backdrop of severe financial difficulty. The official line is that there’s a coterie of “top young talent” already at the club, in the “attacking midfielder” position, but in fact nothing could be further from the case; along with pace up front, this is the single most glaring aspect in which the current squad is lacking.

If Ljajic is anywhere near as good as he’s meant to be – as good, say, as United thought he was a year ago, when they also thought there was a need for a player of his type – then this excuse is even more of a nonsense. He may not have progressed as expected, but United were undeterred from buying Gabriel Obertan last summer, despite a season far less auspicious than Ljajic’s.

There are, of course, two differences; price and economy. Starting with the former. Obertan cost £3 million, Ljajic between three and four times that. The apologists will say that he isn’t worth it, and maybe he isn’t, but that misses the point. This is Manchester United we’re talking about: the most popular club in the world, during one of the most successful periods in its history, in the aftermath of the most profitable summer any team has ever enjoyed, at a time when unimaginable riches are sloshing around the top end of the game; if they have to pay a premium, so what? If the player flops, so what?

In defence of this parsimony, the club preached that in the current market, it was impossible to obtain value for money, hilariously expecting people not to fathom the identity of the most significant beneficiaries of this cursed inflation. For years, Fergie has moaned about the United tax added to the value of any player, before quite rightly paying the necessary - and in the days of Kenyonomics, often necessary plus a bit more. Now, suddenly, he expects us to believe in him as ideologue crusader, acting for the benefit of the footballing community.

It’s not that I want United to chuck money around for its own sake – there’s something very vulgar about using financial might, even when legitimately earned, to liberate talent nurtured by others as soon as convenient. But if absolutely required, the money through the turnstiles demands the need be met, even if it costs more than it should. Instead, though, we’re told about United’s proud reputation for developing young players, something the club used to do because it’s important, but now does because there’s no other choice.

The arrival of this time – always likely given the aggressive tenets of the takeover – has been hastened by the economy. Ljajic had been budgeted for a year ago, and the club applied for a work permit as recently as October; it seems very much as though United expected to make the payment.

Their sudden inability to do so illustrates the effrontery of the “top young talent” excuse, as it’s impossible anyone has rendered years of scouting worthless by having a good couple of months - however well Cleverley’s doing at Watford. I’d suggest the real reason the deal has been pulled is that the recession has hit the Glazers harder than they’re letting on; either a planned refinancing is no longer possible, or they require the Ljajic money for something else; perhaps both.

Frighteningly, that something else needn’t have anything to do with United – the Glazers are free to siphon cash out of the club and into any interest of theirs that needed it; verily money ain’t got no owners, only spenders. And who knows what they might do next time they need some capital?

Meanwhile, Fergie – who unforgivably welcomed the Glazers in the first place, even though his opposition could probably have kyboshed the plan – skives his weekly press conference, safe in the knowledge that he can be boozing and spieling a merry retirement by the time we’re in real trouble, probably around the period Ljajic fulfils his potential.

It’s possible that Ljajic will turn out to be another Celio Silva, and United go on to spend the money on a better, similar player. But until they do, the evidence does not look good. Promoting himself – sorry, I mean England’s World Cup bid – the other day, David Beckham referred to the Premier League as “the most exposed in the world”. However you interpret it, he’s not wrong.
[/quote]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Image123(m): 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
I don't think arsenal will buy any player in the mid-season. Procrastination is theirs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 3:53pm On Dec 07, 2009
duduspace:

May the good lord bless this new thread and keep away our sworn enemies like Cristalz, rodents and house mice like Sauron and Dayokanu, may their biased wisdom be turned to folly when they try to post on this thread, may their hard drives crash, their keyboards develop stuck keys and their Monitors turn off when they want to start their rubbish talk on this new arsenal thread, father give them troubles in the clubs they support so they don't have time to mess up our beautiful new thread. Amen and Amen and Amen. grin
hehehe see prayer grin grin

[size=15pt]Amen[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Emperoh(m): 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2009
[size=14pt]BACK TO SENDER!!![/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
Amen to that prayer duduspace!! cool

Sorry for my enforced absence over the past 5 days. . . .I've been tied down with family commitments.

Needless to say we got the three points on Saturday on the brink of a mini crisis turning into a major one. Chelski dropping points also makes the defeat at the Emirates a bit more bearable - the gap is down to 8 points again.

More satisfying however was watching Defoe choke in the 93rd minute thus confining the southern scum to their place BELOW the Arsenal. cool

Are we out of the woods yet? By no means - the injury crisis with 12 players out and Vela as the only fit 'striker' (who can't even get a starting berth ) is an appalling state of affairs. Wenger has (finally) admitted that we get more injuries than the other top teams, the next goal is to find out why and remedy it.

We cannot afford to keep losing this large chunk of players time after time and hope to challenge - either we get rid of perpetually injured players like Diaby and Walcott and get people who can put in consistent performances or get an even larger squad to deal with all the injuries.

Cristalz:

Perhaps this is the match Rafa's been saving Aquilani for. grin Man's been hoarding the player like crazy.

Torres, Gerrard, Aquilani, Kuyt. . .look out, Wenger.

He will hoard the player again - Benitez is always ultra cautious and won't take risks. Besides, Torres and co were on the pitch last season and AA23 still tore them apart when their team was at it's strongest so I am not concerned in the least.

We must WIN against the Pool and heap more sorrow on Anfield.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by codedguy1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
duduspace:

Its a pity shocked shocked

Instead of praying for the injured personnel in your camp, you are praying for the bad of others.

some people really know how to pray amiss.

Those that say Amen are birds of a feather grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
Coded guy, duh!! birds of the same, we are all arsenal fans. jeez!!!

Soldiers, like iv begun sayin, one game at a time. one game at a time!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
duduspace:

May the good lord bless this new thread and keep away our sworn enemies like Cristalz, rodents and house mice like Sauron and Dayokanu, may their biased wisdom be turned to folly when they try to post on this thread, may their hard drives crash, their keyboards develop stuck keys and their Monitors turn off when they want to start their rubbish talk on this new arsenal thread, father give them troubles in the clubs they support so they don't have time to mess up our beautiful new thread. Amen and Amen and Amen.  grin

Roast in hell, Duduspace.
Burn slowly and painfully, and may each day in hell be THRICE as long as the one before it(Amen).

duduspace:

Seems the least likely person is starting to get tight fisted too? I really believe Manure will someday rue not signing this boy, would be all the more interesting if Arsene buys him next week (I wish).
I saw him in the European U19s and he looked in that CR7 and Kaka mould. would be a viable replacement for Rosicky in the long run.

United have more than enough talents emerging @ Carrington so i can understand why Fergie pulled out of the deal.
I was gutted the deal didn't happen but we won't miss him.
We have got Eikrem, Gibson, Ravel Morrison, Possebon, Cleverley, Gray, Drinkwater, Petrucci, Norwood, Hewson, Norwood, Stewart, etc.
FFS, we even have the love child of Paul Parker and Didier Drogba(Paul Pogba).

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH8njW5PQGY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Roast in hell, Duduspace.
Burn slowly and painfully, and may each day in hell be THRICE as long as the one before it(Amen).
No problem, I will willingly and gladly join yu and Dayo there as long as you don't come mess up our thread with yur yawa talk. grin

~Sauron~:

United have more than enough talents emerging @ Carrington so i can understand why Fergie pulled out of the deal.
I was gutted the deal didn't happen but we won't miss him.
We have got Eikrem, Gibson, Ravel Morrison, Possebon, Cleverley, Gray, Drinkwater, Petrucci, Norwood, Hewson, Norwood, Stewart, etc.
FFS, we even have the love child of Paul Parker and Didier Drogba(Paul Pogba).

Of all those boys yu mentioned, none of them comes close to Ljajic at his age. I specifically watched him at the European U19s earlier in the year becos he was coming to you guys, beleive me when I say Drinkwater is not as good a player, even our own Lansbury is not as good as this guy who was the main man for the Serbian team to that tournament. I can't rate guys like Gibson and Possebon who are (3-4) years older and I doubt the others you mention being better than Drinkwater apart from Cleverley who is doing really well with Lansbury at Watford. Anyway I'm happy manure aint buying the boy apart from the reasons behind them not buying him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2009
duduspace:

Of all those boys yu mentioned, none of them comes close to Ljajic at his age. I specifically watched him at the European U19s earlier in the year becos he was coming to you guys, beleive me when I say Drinkwater is not as good a player, even our own Lansbury is not as good as this guy who was the main man for the Serbian team to that tournament. I can't rate guys like Gibson and Possebon who are (3-4) years older and I doubt the others you mention being better than Drinkwater apart from Cleverley who is doing really well with Lansbury at Watford. Anyway I'm happy manure aint buying the boy apart from the reasons behind them not buying him.

Then you have not seen Magnus Eikrem play. . . . .He is 50 times better than Llajic. . . .U might catch a cameo of him tomorrow against Wolfsburg.
He is taking the reserves league apart with set-pieces that will make Ronaldo and Juninho envious.
On that list, i will definitely pick Morrison, Petrucci, Norwood and Pogba before Llajic. . . . . .Arsenal can have him. United are bloated already.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Cristalz(f): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
duduspace:

May the good lord bless this new thread and keep away our sworn enemies like Cristalz, rodents and house mice like Sauron and Dayokanu, may their biased wisdom be turned to folly when they try to post on this thread, may their hard drives crash, their keyboards develop stuck keys and their Monitors turn off when they want to start their rubbish talk on this new arsenal thread, father give them troubles in the clubs they support so they don't have time to mess up our beautiful new thread. Amen and Amen and Amen.  grin

The good Lord just got born-again.  .  .these kinda negative prayers don't get answered anymore. grin

@Debosky
This isn't last season.
Liverpool always play like crazy against big EPL teams.  .  .that's the only time they love to show themselves, the silly people.

As for Aquilani, I don't think Rafa will hoard him this time. They have got nothing to fight for in Wednesday's UCL game, so Aquilani is probably not going to feature. Rafa will keep him for you guys.
Torres didn't play against Blackburn either.  .  .he is being rested. All for Wenger.
You guys have got speed, but Liverpool have got speed and strength. Said it before, Wenger has got to get some steroids for those spindly boys of his.
Can't wait to see Mascherano get a yellow for dislocating Fab's right ankle. grin
Headlines will most likely scream 'More Injury Woes For Arsenal' after the match. cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by kaypumpin2(m): 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
Cristalz:

Liverpool always play like crazy against big EPL teams.  .  .that's the only time they love to show themselves, the silly people.
Like they did against Chelsea this term 
The worst that will happen againt Liverpool is a DRAW  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 9:16pm On Dec 07, 2009

Total Money Spent On Football Agents (from Oct 08 - Sep 09):

Man City - £12,874,283
Chelsea - £9,562,223
Liverpool - £6,657,305
Tottenham - £6,066,935
West Ham - £5,527,548
Arsenal - £4,760,241
Wigan - £3,576,972
Portsmouth - £3,184,725
Bolton - £3,166,611
Everton - £2,008,407
Sunderland - £2,007,040
Aston Villa - £1,708,374
Blackburn - £1,610,885
Hull - £1,599,188
Man Utd - £1,517,393
Fulham - £1,469,258
Wolves - £1,235,703
Birmingham - £974,982
Stoke - £716,042
Burnley - £468,398

Arsene Wenger is a disgrace. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
Cristalz:

@Debosky
This isn't last season.

As for Aquilani, I don't think Rafa will hoard him this time. They have got nothing to fight for in Wednesday's UCL game, so Aquilani is probably not going to feature. Rafa will keep him for you guys.
Torres didn't play against Blackburn either.  .  .he is being rested. All for Wenger.
You guys have got speed, but Liverpool have got speed and strength. Said it before, Wenger has got to get some steroids for those spindly boys of his.
Can't wait to see Mascherano get a yellow for dislocating Fab's right ankle. grin
Headlines will most likely scream 'More Injury Woes For Arsenal' after the match. cheesy grin

We shall see - the same bunch plus Alonso failed to hold on to three different leads. . . the only chance Liverpool has of bringing something out of this game is if Silvestre plays again - the dude gifted two goals to Torres in the last fixture.

~Sauron~:

Arsene Wenger is a disgrace. grin grin grin

How is Wenger a disgrace? The agents who got the money were AA23's, Vermaelen's and the raft of contract renewals which also involved agent fees. There's no way you'll spend close to 30m on new signings and not pay significant agent fees.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
debosky:

How is Wenger a disgrace? The agents who got the money were AA23's, Vermaelen's and the raft of contract renewals which also involved agent fees. There's no way you'll spend close to 30m on new signings and not pay significant agent fees.

But United managed to keep their fees to around £1 million despite spending more than Arsenal in the same period.
Wenger rants about agents destroying the game and yet he pays them a fortune behind the curtains.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Cristalz(f): 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Like they did against Chelsea this term 
The worst that will happen againt Liverpool is a DRAW  cool

Dearie, the things Chelsea do, Arsenal still dream of doing. grin

@Debo
Okay. . .I'll try not to say ''I told you so''.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
Just watching a replay of 88/89 season on L'arse TV . Alan Smith was fantastic that season, scoring 11 goals in his first 8 games. Adams, Winterburn, Dixon and Bould made up our back line and were fantastic too.
But that last minute goal by Michael Thomas at Liverpool in the last second of the season to snatch the league from them has to be space age material. Not forgeting Merson who was just 20 and had probably never tasted coke by then.
Where do we find another Smith ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Gooner2(m): 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ slim are you going to do the preview on Wednesday or should I do it? I'll restore your access, I've got a different game plan now. Those Arsenal Nigeria guys are too slow for my liking, what do you say we NL Gooners develop the website on our own eh? Totally unofficial of course?

@All
In case you didn't know, I own the domain www.arsenalnigeria.com, what should I do with it, any suggestions?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by kaypumpin2(m): 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2009
Cristalz:

Dearie, the things Chelsea do, Arsenal still dream of doing. grin
Yeah like conceeding 3 goals against a hapless Wigan team. tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by No2Atheism(m): 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2009
@cristalz

Is there a way to contact the Admin using Nairaland and without just opening another thread . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Cristalz(f): 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
@kay_pumpin
Um.  .  .remind me again - what happened at the Emirates last time the Blues came to town? grin

@No2A
Nah, sorry.
You could email me your grievance though, and I'll pass it on to him. You can use the email on my profile.
That okay?

If it's not, you're gonna have to just open another thread.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by No2Atheism(m): 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
Cristalz:

@kay_pumpin
Um. . .remind me again - what happened at the Emirates last time the Blues came to town?

@No2A
Nah, sorry.
You could email me your grievance though, and I'll pass it on to him. You can use the email on my profile.
That okay?

If it's not, you're gonna have to just open another thread.

Okay no problem thanks for the response . . . let me decide on wat to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 6) On 4th October 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.