Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (60243 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2009
HNIC:

What tactical nous?
I DARE SAF to field yesterday's team against the CC boys, never mind full strength, and you will see what will happen
Even SAF was surprised at how wretched a team could be

West Ham were wretched too?
The same West Ham you couldn't beat with your full strength team?

Wolfsburg ko,Localdogburg ni
3-5-2 my black a&%
The Youth team will use 4-6-0 and thrash that hapless team 4-0 grin

Like they did against Burnley(last season) or Citeh(last week)??
Only GAYnners believe in the hype surrounding their youth players.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Like they did against Burnley(last season) or Citeh(last week)??
Only GAYnners believe in the hype surrounding their youth players.
Only YOU would be equating that pathetic team I say yesterday with a Full strength Citeh team that beat the league leaders a few days ago.
Wolfsburg were rubbish
Come on
It's the only team in the world that a striker like Owen(who only starts in meaningless matches) would score 3 goals against
Watch Obertan dancing through that defence last night
Same Obertan that has done nought so far!
Wolfsburg should never play in the Champions League again! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2009
@Sauron

Wolfsburg were pathetic yesterday, seems the occasion overwhelmed them perhaps jitters from a team not accustomed to playing in the UCL or just a below par performance a la Juventus on a day they needed to show up. The fact that Owen got an hat trick tells the whole story. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2009
i dont need a victory but if it comes,good!

all i wanna see is my kids playing footie - i love this grin grin grin

may God bless AW for this great opportunity - love u loads AW kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

go Wilshere,Fran,Vela,Song,Walcy,Ramsey. . . . kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2009
HNIC:

Only YOU would be equating that pathetic team I say yesterday with a Full strength Citeh team that beat the league leaders a few days ago.
Wolfsburg were rubbish
Come on

Wolfsburg looked rubbish because they were playing Man Utd.
Only United coulda gotten away with playing Carrick-Fletcher as CBs in the whole of Europe.
Try putting Denilson and Cesc in the heart of your defence and letz see what will happen.

It's the only team in the world that a striker like Owen(who only starts in meaningless matches) would score 3 goals against

Owen has been better than Eduardo this season. We got him for £0, remember?

Watch Obertan dancing through that defence last night
Same Obertan that has done nought so far!
Wolfsburg should never play in the Champions League again! grin

Apart from Arshavin, Obertan is gifted than any winger in the whole Arsenal squad.

duduspace:

@Sauron

Wolfsburg were pathetic yesterday, seems the occasion overwhelmed them perhaps jitters from a team not accustomed to playing in the UCL or just a below par performance a la Juventus on a day they needed to show up. The fact that Owen got an hat trick tells the whole story. undecided

Every time United beat a team is because the team is useless.
We can as well say Arsenal were useless in August, weren't they?
West Ham were also useless when we thumped em 4-0. . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Wolfsburg looked rubbish because they were playing Man Utd.
Only United coulda gotten away with playing Carrick-Fletcher as CBs in the whole of Europe.
Try putting Denilson and Cesc in the heart of your defence and letz see what will happen.

Let's be honest - Wolfsburg were useless. If they took the two free headers in the first half, the game would've been over before halftime.

Owen has been better than Eduardo this season. We got him for £0, remember?

No doubt about that - Owen has been class so far and more than worth the gamble.

Apart from Arshavin, Obertan is gifted than any winger in the whole Arsenal squad.

Stop smoking weed - Nasri is better than Obertan by light years - remember his blistering salvo against you last season.

Every time United beat a team is because the team is useless.
We can as well say Arsenal were useless in August, weren't they?
West Ham were also useless when we thumped em 4-0. . . . .

Not every time, but sometimes - Arsenal were useless when you beat us 4-1 at the Emirates, Diaby was useless in August as well.

West Ham weren't useless, it was a ruthless performance by Utd.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2009
debosky:

Let's be honest - Wolfsburg were useless. If they took the two free headers in the first half, the game would've been over before halftime.

I don't think Arsenal coulda beaten Wolfsburg if they were hit with the same circumstances United had to work with last night.

Stop smoking weed - Nasri is better than Obertan by light years - remember his blistering salvo against you last season.

Nasri? Please don't make me laugh.
Walcott is better than Nasri. grin

Not every time, but sometimes - Arsenal were useless when you beat us 4-1 at the Emirates, Diaby was useless in August as well.

United made y'all useless. Arsenal were in a blistering form in the EPL so their form was superb before Ronaldo decimated y'all.

West Ham weren't useless, it was a ruthless performance by Utd.

The only honest statement you have made this season. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
Good experience for the boys

Standout performers on the day: Fabianski, Song, Ramsey

Old reliable: Silvestre

Newbie errors: Bartley, Cruise, Gilbert (has retrogressed)

Can definitely do better: Wilshere, Merida (I think some seniority vibes made them play within themselves)

Flops: Vela, Walcott
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by biolabee(m): 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2009
duduspace:

you can say that again,

ramsey also has some scope for improving his set pieces
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2009
duduspace:

Good experience for the boys

Standout performers on the day: Fabianski, Song, Ramsey

Old reliable: Silvestre

Newbie errors: Bartley, Cruise, Gilbert (has retrogressed)

Can definitely do better: Wilshere, Merida (I think some seniority vibes made them play within themselves)

Diagree with the Vela comment - he made good chances and was unlucky not to score. . .even Walcott improved in the second half and showed good upper body strength to get a shot off.

As far as I'm concerned, the only 'bad' performance came from Gilbert - if not for his mistake of being drawn to the ball the game would've ended 0-0.

All in all not a bad workout for the side, Ramsey showed his vision with passes, Song showed he has steel albeit with faulty passing still there and Fabianski while clinical in most of his attempts to clear the ball or come out for the ball still showed that he still has some calming down to do.

Most especially I'm glad Walcott didn't get a bad injury late on. . . he might not have been outstanding in this game, but getting 90 minutes under his belt will do him no harm at all. We will need some potency on the bench against Liverpool come Sunday.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 11:04pm On Dec 09, 2009
debosky:

Disagree with the Vela comment - he made good chances and was unlucky not to score. . .even Walcott improved in the second half and showed good upper body strength to get a shot off.

I thunk as much too.
He was just unlucky to score and finishing chances off is sometimes how poor the goalie is. . . .not how good the striker is.
If he apply the same technique against Cech in similar situation, he might have scored 3 goals.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 11:28pm On Dec 09, 2009
Vela was disappointing considering the amount of play time He's gotten since his return. Not saying He's crappy altogether but He's been rusty of late.
You don't judge a striker by the amount of chances he creates (and misses)for himself but by the amount of goals he directly or indirectly disposes of.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2009
@Debosky

as I said on the main match thread, aside from Theo I'm not drawing any long term conclusions from this match cos I know Vela has the X factor infact I think he atimes makes life more difficult for himself in overcomplicating things or maybe he is just unlucky at present. Theo, I've almost given up on and this game only reinforced previous performances. I'm almost of the opinion he is a major reason why Wilshere and Merida didn't turn up today, remember how well they combined with Nasri against Pool in the Carling cup?

I judged them based on their performance today, they were there to get the goals and they did not and they can't hide behind the excuses of the MF not creating chances as Ramsey was imperious today.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ramsey and Song were Fcking fantastic tonight. Song continually made Olymp. look amateurish in the middle with his 360 degree turns(even Viera would envy his expertise with that tool) .
Liverpool seem to know how to crawl out of holes with big games, here's to ours being the exception.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ed, I think we usually do well against Pool in the league and provided we don't have too many injuries we should be fine. Breaking news that Essien is out for 3 - 4 weeks, now we will see how good Chelsea's squad depth really is (if only this had happened b4 we met them). Chelsea is never really the same without Essien or Drogba.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2009
Gilbert is a waste man.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 12:20am On Dec 10, 2009
Ballotelli da dude such a BEAST !!! but RVN will be a good signing for us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:46am On Dec 10, 2009
follypimpi:

Ballotelli da dude such a BEAST !!! but RVN will be a good signing for us.

Beast maybe, but a rebel as well. . . .Wenger will not buy such a player after just getting rid of the Togolese Cashcow. My bet remains on Chamakh.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by jalether(m): 1:36am On Dec 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

I thunk as much too.
He was just unlucky to score and finishing chances off is sometimes how poor the goalie is. . . .not how good the striker is.
If he apply the same technique against Cech in similar situation, he might have scored 3 goals.

you've got jokes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 8:13am On Dec 10, 2009
Ballotelli ? shocked That guy will send Wenger to an early retirement if he ever came, thank God He's not coming. A late twentyish or early thirtyish old striker will not do bad, a person with enough experience to know when to shoot and not to pass. We do not need a cup tied person. MICHAEL ESSIEN ? tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2009
Here's to qualification for the next round & hopefully, we meet  lipsrsealed grin

Negatives
Carlos Vela : This dude has what it takes to become a legend @ arsenal but last night juz wasn't one of those nights for him. I mean two clear cut chances & he couldn't EVEN bury one? I say sit him on the bench for the next 5 games and play Sanchez Watt!. . .This dude has been in lethal form for mexico, one wonders if the same form can find him in the red & white jersey!

Theo Walcott : Son, if u keep playing like this, honestly you'll NOT make the world cup team,oh & since when did Walcott start taking FK's?  shocked Forgive my lashing out on him but he was totally clueless AGAIN yesterday! Dude was all over the place like a chicken whose head was cut-off!  angry . It'll take a couple of games for him to find his footie form. I say, let's gamble and play him as a point man, instead of AM L! Same PM role saw him bag three for the 3 lions! tongue

Fran Merida : This kid should be sent out on loan to get some regular football, the kid is good but his first touches let him down last night

We lacked quality & sheer strength up-front in a game we controlled for 90mins, in which the build-ups were good, link-up plays were also good& we paid for it!

Positives
Aaron Ramsey : Started slowly but gradually picked up, i'm sure AW's made him watch some tapes of FAB4. . .His positioning, ball control, passing etc were crisp  Cool , he certainly has matured. . .I say play him alongside FAB, juz in front of Denilson and Song against liverpool.

Song : I don't know if this guy's on an Ecstacy pill or meth when he plays cuz he's high on footie&i just love watching him play! He was soild in the MF and provided good cover for the back 4 and AM's. . .made very well-timed tackles & overall had a good game! He shoulda been subbed and rested for the game against liverpool!  tongue

Jack Wilshere : Wenger was asked if Jack would go out on-loan and he replied " Jack's case (loan) is a very sensitive one I don't want to talk about". If he's going to play ANY part in the world cup come 2010, i'd say. . loan him out a Coca-Cola side till end of the season. .let him get some playing time & 1st team experience

Fabianski is REALLY staking a claim for the goalie position&it's ONLY a matter of time before Almunia stutters & loses his place. . .He was excellent last night, organised his wall very well, his decision making & aerial ability were on point! Made 2-3 good saves to keep Arsenal in the game!

Anyways we've qualified & there's the game @ Anfield this weekend. .  cool

One game at a time!

Gunnerz 4 life
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by BinghiNya(m): 10:08am On Dec 10, 2009
Arsenal's first team isn't sure of beating wolfsburg not to talk of their second string. Arsenal's second team have been battered and brutalized in recent weeks. Only gay men make noise about their kids.

Gallas, Almunia, Van persie, Sagna, eboue, rosicky are kids too i presume. Arsenal would never be United.

Wolfsburg would have raped your second string like policeraping ijebu-ife women
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by MrCrackles(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2009
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ What do we have here. . .More drivel, gobbledegooks and poppycocks from the nairaland resident bingo
What A person. . .GET FUC.KING LOST you clueless foofoo! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by BinghiNya(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2009
Mc Mugu,

I am here for a classless fella like you. You type without reasoning. None of your kids is good enough for United's female academy. Which of your first 11 would even get a starting jersey in United.

Wake up, ninny.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tkb417(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2009
BinghiNya:

Mc Mugu,

I am here for a classless fella like you. You type without reasoning. None of your kids is good enough for United's female academy. Which of your first 11 would even get a starting jersey in United.

Wake up, ninny.
lol
Sagna, Fabregas, Asharvin and maybe RVP

all others will be in our team b. Vermaleen will be deputy to one of our CBs whenever they are injured
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by nateevs(m): 10:37am On Dec 10, 2009
duduspace:

Ed, I think we usually do well against Pool in the league and provided we don't have too many injuries we should be fine. Breaking news that Essien is out for 3 - 4 weeks, now we will see how good Chelsea's squad depth really is (if only this had happened b4 we met them). Chelsea is never really the same without Essien or Drogba.

You so wish bad for Chelsea. . . Is it not so cool to know the only way can beat Chelsea to it is to pray for injuries, ACN and dip in form. You lot are a bunch of nut-heads who only thrive on others' dismay.

You are not good enough to beat the best.

I won't wish for any of your players to be out when you come to SB. . . with everyone complete on your team we ship you out this time with a goal enough for every family.  grin

Chelsea will roll on without Essien mate.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 10:46am On Dec 10, 2009
nateevs:

You are not good enough to beat the best.
And by the "best" u mean Chelsea. . . ?

Now i'm having another orgasmic laugh grin grin

Make sense PLEASE or logoff!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 10:56am On Dec 10, 2009
BinghiNya:

Mc Mugu,

Wake up, ninny.
U need to wake up wuss! Are u talking about the same United babes that get spanked by our ladies since the female league began??. . .

Here's the thing. . .Get your facts straight or don't bother soiling this thread with baseless arguments!Urrgghhhhh!

Oh and one more thing. . .Vermaelen WILL bench Ferdie, FAB WILL bench Carrick/Fletcher(two of em put together), Song WILL bench Anderson, RVP will bench Babatope (Berbatov), Rosicky will bench Nani/JS-park!!

So STFU clown!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by BinghiNya(m): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2009
If u don't get my point, find a long rope and hang yaself.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 11:01am On Dec 10, 2009
BinghiNya:

If u don't get my point, find a long rope and hang yaself.
And your point is? grin grin

You're making yourself look like a clown right now. . .Gosh i can't stop laughing! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 11:06am On Dec 10, 2009
Ladies Honours

UEFA Women's Cup

UEFA Women's Cup Winners (1)
2007 Beat Umeå IK 1-0 on aggregate

FA Premier Women's League

FA Women's Premier League Champions (11)
2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2002, 2001, 1997, 1995, 1993.

FA Women's Cup Winners (10)
2009 Beat Sunderland 2-1
2008 Beat Leeds United 4-1
2007 Beat Charlton Athletic 4-1
2006 Beat Leeds United 5-0
2004 Beat Charlton Athletic 3-0
2001 Beat Fulham 1-0
1999 Beat Southampton Saints 2-0
1998 Beat Croydon 3-2
1995 Beat Liverpool 3-2
1993 Beat Doncaster Belles 3-0

FA Women's League Cup

FA Women's Premier League Cup Winners (10)
2009 Beat Doncaster Rovers Belles 5-0
2007 Beat Leeds United 1-0
2005 Beat Charlton Athletic 3-0
2001 Beat Tranmere Rovers 3-0
2000 Beat Croydon 4-1
1999 Beat Everton 3-1
1998 Beat Croydon 4-2 on penalties (after 0-0 draw)
1994 Beat Doncaster Belles 4-0
1993 Beat Knowsley 3-0
1992 Beat Millwall Lionesses 1-0

FA Women's Community Shield

FA Women's Community Shield Winners (4+1 shared)
2007/2008 Beat Everton 1-0
2006/2007 Beat Everton 3-0
2005/2006 Beat Charlton Athletic 4-0
2001/2002 Beat Doncaster Belles 5-2
1999/2000 Drew with Charlton Athletic 1-1 (shared)

Women's County Cup

London County FA Women's Cup Winners (cool
2009 Beat Millwall 3-2
2008 Beat Millwall 3-1
2007 Beat Millwall 2-0

So tell me, where're the United Ladies ANYWHERE Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 11:10am On Dec 10, 2009
Tenhutt!!! Well the Young Guns put in the shift yesterday, ratings i have read are so far in order. I will most agree with the fact that Walcott should cut out any fanciful stuff and be direct with his game. Period!!! Its not wrong decisions that kill his game, it is indecision. Like his legs are faster than his footballing brain!!! Kids got talent, kids got ambition, kids got a great manager, kids got a great mentor. what else does the kid need?!!!

Song is a beast!!! essien who?! African footballer of the year. Ok, young player of the year. If he doesnt get it, may they roast in CAF!!!

well good name though we lost.

On to the next one. The Scousers in their own home. Not a bad ground for us in recent times. Only this time i will also like 3 points to go with.

Cannons. . . check, cannon Balls. . . .check, assassin on line. . . .check, futuristic man send to teach english how to defend aka verminator. . . .check, fabolous. . , check.

FIRE!!! TO THE RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!

One game at a time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.