Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (60368 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

More gibberish from you.
and Graham Poll had the ball in his hand and presented it to HENRY.
How anyone can be comparing the two incidents amaze me shocked shocked

So the referee shoulda waited for Arsenal players to regroup before placing the ball down?
A foul had been given and the opposing team wanted their freekick taken quickly.
Of course, the referee had to give Porto the ball so the freekick could be taken quickly. There's no law that says referees should wait for players to regroup before they can defend a freekick.

Your players are naive!!! There's no way in hell any team can score such against Man Utd.
VDS will not give the ball back and if he does, a defender woulda stayed with the ball throughout.
Wenger is a retard for even complaining. Arsenal players shoulda read the situation better and defended better.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2010
presido1:

Do u want the ref to present the ball to Sol after collecting it from Lukaz? Do you even read what u post?
Again TH's quick freekick is the same as portos's the key word there is "quick" and not how many yards.
Listen to Darmort Gallaher on SPN. The ref is not wrong on the freekick.
Blame your players for going to sleep after the offence.
Bla, bla, bla
Answer this question
Have you ever seen a quick free kick taken in the box in all your life of watching footie?
and I dont understand how a quick free kick taken from 22yards will be compared to a free kick taken from 5 yards?
It's like comparing a throw in  from halfway line to a throw in at the corner flag!

Anyways, enough on this issue
You think the ref is  super and did no wrong, I think he goofed.
There is still a 2nd leg to play!
I rest my case on this issue!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Your players are naive!!! There's no way in hell any team can score such against Man Utd.
VDS will not give the ball back and if he does, a defender woulda stayed with the ball throughout.
VDS is first choice goalie
Kitkat or Foster would have done same grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tayoccu(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
presido1:

Do u want the ref to present the ball to Sol after collecting it from Lukaz? Do you even read what u post?
Again TH's quick freekick is the same as portos's the key word there is "quick" and not how many yards.
Listen to Darmort Gallaher on SPN. The ref[b] is not wrong on the freekick. [/b]
Blame your players for going to sleep after the offence.

"not wrong on the free kick, doesn't mean not wrong to have dropped the ball, plain and simple english.

what the ref did was criminal,he gave undue advantage to one of the 2 sides in the match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by ritchboy(m): 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
Only a world class m0ron would say there was nothing wrong with the goal.
A. Rosicky was denied a stone wall penalty at the other end in the same passage of play.
B. The rules say the keeper cant pick up a BACK PASS. Campbell's touch was clearly accidental and not a BACK PASS.
C. If i'm not mistaken, when the ref picks up the ball in a dead-ball situation, there MUST be a whistle before play can resume. The retarded ref picked up the ball and gave it straight to the porto player, then let him take the freekick without a whistle. Add that to the fact he was probably impeding Sol and i've NEVER seen a quick free kick taken from INSIDE THE BOX(like HNIC said, its as ridiculous as a "quick-penalty"), then the ref should be stoned to death.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

Bla, bla, bla
Answer this question
Have you ever seen a quick free kick taken in the box in all your life of watching footie?
and I dont understand how a quick free kick taken from 22yards will be compared to a free kick taken from 5 yards?
It's like comparing a throw in  from halfway line to a throw in at the corner flag!

The quick freekick was taken because of the situation in your box.
If Arsenal had 5 players doing their jobs in the box, Porto wouldn't have taken the freekick quickly.
How many times have we seen players trying to take quick freekicks but stopped because the defending team have everywhere covered?

HNIC:

VDS is first choice goalie
Kitkat or Foster would have done same grin grin

Foster is better than any goalie in Arsenal.
U can never catch United unaware like that. We do our defending very well.
It still beats me that people expect referees to blow the whistle before freekicks can be taken.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
We need to solve this goalie issue urgently
Mad Jens didn't goof as much as this before he was shown the door!
Ridiculous!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by presido1: 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

There is still a 2nd leg to play
This ur only hope and u have to channel your energy towards that and not crying over a spilled milk that was ur own mistake.
tayoccu:

"not wrong on the free kick, doesn't mean not wrong to have dropped the ball, plain and simple english.
He is not either, You want him to hold the ball and ask the linesman when to drop it.

ritchboy:

B. The rules say the keeper cant pick up a BACK PASS. Campbell's touch was clearly accidental and not a BACK PASS.
C. If i'm not mistaken, when the ref picks up the ball in a dead-ball situation, there MUST be a whistle before play can resume.
Sol's body lang. shows it was intentional, so no question about that one.  Lukaz shoulda kicked the ball away. Did the ref blow the day TH scored against Villa, Chavs and M'boro from the same situation. Don't give the distance as excuse, quick freekick is quick freekick irrespective of the distance.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by eldee(m): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
ritchboy:

Only a world class m0ron would say there was nothing wrong with the goal.
A. Rosicky was denied a stone wall penalty at the other end in the same passage of play.
C. If i'm not mistaken, when the ref picks up the ball in a dead-ball situation, there MUST be a whistle before play can resume. The retarded ref picked up the ball and gave it straight to the porto player, then let him take the freekick without a whistle. Add that to the fact he was probably impeding Sol and i've NEVER seen a quick free kick taken from INSIDE THE BOX(like HNIC said, its as ridiculous as a "quick-penalty"wink, then the ref should be stoned to death.
@ritchboy
Leave all of dem hypocrites alone.
No one has been able to answer that question.
They say a free kick is the same everywhere.
That freekick was an indirect one and was in the box,by allowing the other team play it quickly then its more or less a penalty
We had more chance if it had been a penalty
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

@ritchboy
Leave all of dem hypocrites alone.
No one has been able to answer that question.
They say a free kick is the same everywhere.
That freekick was an indirect one and was in the box,by allowing the other team play it quickly then its more or less a penalty
We had more chance if it had been a penalty

Your players shoulda defended it better.
The referee will not give you any advantage as you were the one that committed the foul.
The advantage lies with the team taking the freekick. . . .They can either wait for y'all to regroup or take a quick freekick.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Your players shoulda defended it better.
The referee will not give you any advantage as you were the one that committed the foul.
The advantage lies with the team taking the freekick. . . .They can either wait for y'all to regroup or take a quick freekick.
I see
Now, I wonder why the referee stops play when he points to the penlty spot.
Why doesn't a player just grab the ball, place it on the penalty spot and slot home when the goalie and 5 other players are arguing about the decision
afterall, like presido said, a free kick is a free kick, doesn't matter where,. . . . it can be taken quickly! shocked shocked
Ridiculous!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimghost(m): 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2010
i think it was an awful decision by the referee to allow that goal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tayoccu(m): 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2010
presido1:

He is not either, You want him to hold the ball and ask the linesman when to drop it.

the face that the ball was in his hands means the ball is a dead ball, andthe rules state the ref has to blow his whistle for play to continue after a dead ball situation

Lukaz shoulda kicked the ball away.

and get himself booked, you're just so smart.  grin
the ref demanded for the ball fabianski doing anything else would have earned him a card.

Did the ref blow the day TH scored against Villa, Chavs and M'boro from the same situation. Don't give the distance as excuse, quick freekick is quick freekick irrespective of the distance.

I can  remember the villa one well henry asked the ref if he could take the free kick and the ref said  yes and backed away from the ball.
and that incident wasn't in the box.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

I see
Now, I wonder why the referee stops play when he points to the penlty spot.
Why doesn't a player just grab the ball, place it on the penalty spot and slot home when the goalie and 5 other players are arguing about the decision?

See this MUMU.

A penalty kick is different in that the referee has to make sure the goalie stays on his line and the other outfield players must stay outside the box.
Comparing that situation to an indirect freekick in the box says a lot about your ineptitude.
The referee has every right to allow a quick freekick. . . . .what y'all should be debating is whether the freekick shoulda been given in the first place or not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tayoccu(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

See this MUMU.

A penalty kick is different in that the referee has to make sure the goalie stays on his line and the other outfield players must stay outside the box.
Comparing that situation to an indirect freekick in the box says a lot about your ineptitude.
The referee has every right to allow a quick freekick. . . . .what y'all should be debating is whether the freekick shoulda been given in the first place or not.

answer me this,
wouldn't he have paid more attention if arsenal had a wall in place, and the wall was too close to the ball?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
What kind of fuckery are people spitting here. I can remmeber Fabregas getting a yellow in a game for a quick free kick. The referee was inconsistent and was swayed by the jubilant crownd. he fu.cki.ng raised his hand up. what exactly ewas dat for. he wanted to stop it but his effing chicken liver gave in. F.u.ck.ing m.o.ro.n!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by presido1: 1:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
tayoccu:

and get himself booked, you're just so smart.  grin
the ref demanded for the ball fabianski doing anything else would have earned him a card.
Which one do u prefer? First yellow or goal.? I think you will do worse than AW as a manager.

tayoccu:

the face that the ball was in his hands means the ball is a dead ball, andthe rules state the ref has to blow his whistle for play to continue after a dead ball situation
Can we see the rule to make things more clear.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 1:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
tayoccu:

answer me this,
wouldn't he have paid more attention if arsenal had a wall in place, and the wall was too close to the ball?

That is because the advantage lies with the team taking the freekick, not the one defending the freekick.
Don't you guys watch football?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

See this MUMU.

Now a penalty kick is different,eh?
That kick was from 5 yards.
A penalty kick is from 6 yards!
The Arsenal stood a chance from a penalty kick!
I just dont understand reasoning like this!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

Now a penalty kick is different,eh?
That kick was from 5 yards.
A penalty kick is from 6 yards!
The Arsenal stood a chance from a penalty kick!
I just dont understand reasoning like this!

Distance has nothing to do with this. . . . . .Use your horse sense for once.

It was an indirect freekick. . . . .Campbell shoulda been more alert to the danger that Porto might take the freekick quickly.
Yet, he was holding his head and looking like a dejected soul when he should be helping his goalie out.
Next time, defend your lines very well. I can understand if y'all are arguing the freekick shouldn't have been given but everything that happened after the kick was given was perfectly legal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
I can remmeber Fabregas getting a yellow in a game for a quick free kick.

Just like we can all remember Henry taking a quick free kick and it stood as a goal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2010
Which ref blocked Campbell? Campbell was already wailing like his ancestors died
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2010
Let's be frank!
we have seen indirect free kicks being taken in the box, time and time again.
The referee holds on to the ball, gets to the appropriate spot, the foul occured,a wall or whatever is formed,
he blows the whistle and the free kick is played.
Yesterday, a ref handed the ball to a Porto player, he had his back turned to the Player,player takes it, passes to his mate who scored!
Ridiculous!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
dayokanu:

Which ref blocked Campbell? Campbell was already wailing like his ancestors died
Were you not watching another retarded ref allowing a goal in which the scorer was miles offside!?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tayoccu(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

That is because the advantage lies with the team taking the freekick, not the one defending the freekick.
Don't you guys watch football?

from a dead ball situation?

presido1:

Can we see the rule to make things more clear.

downloading it, will attach it to one of my subsequent posts along with the page number.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2010
Let's be frank!
we have seen indirect free kicks being taken in the box, time and time again.
The referee holds on to the ball, gets to the appropriate spot, the foul occured,a wall or whatever is formed,

Let's be frank!
we have also seen indirect free kicks being taken outside the box, time and time again.

But this didnt happen in the case of Henrys freekicks
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2010
dayokanu:

Let's be frank!
we have also seen indirect free kicks being taken outside the box, time and time again.

But this didnt happen in the case of Henrys freekicks
You obviously don't get it!
Sorry!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
Whats good for a freekick inside the box is also good for one outside the box.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
100 pages already . .Ony Arsenal does it better tongue

Lets continue here people cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-400313.0.html#msg5537509

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.