Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? (9511 Views)

Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / Is This Girl Really 15 Years Old??!?! / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diyobdw(f): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2006
sherri:

he didn't leave u! he left your mother!!

You probably dont get it.
Where did the kid come from or like it didnt exist them?(that put'g me in d pix)

sherri:

take your time to forgive and make up for lost time.
It easier to forget than to forgive you need to feel it to know it.
I might forgive him eventually but he's coming to pay if i were his kid

sherri:

he's back because he cares. u get to know him before u let your guard down.
good luck

He's back for his own gooD!! They usually are.
You can try to know him them consider if his worth forgiving tongue
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by mamaput(f): 7:50pm On Jun 19, 2006
I would want to know why he came back now that am grown
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by sherri(f): 11:46pm On Jun 19, 2006
find out why he's backand why he left. don't make assumptions. give him credit for coming back.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diddy4(m): 5:12am On Jun 20, 2006
it is better to have a dad and know wh he is dan not having one at all.

if he comes back begging, we are humans, we make mistakes, i will simple ask; why did you leave me?

if he replies, no matter the reason and how flimsy it is, i will hug him and say welcome back dad. kapish.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by ddizzle(f): 6:41am On Jun 20, 2006
i agree wiv u diddy4t
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by retro(f): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2006
diddy4:

if he comes back begging, we are humans, we make mistakes, i will simple ask; why did you leave me?

if he replies, no matter the reason and how flimsy it is, i will hug him and say welcome back dad. kapish.

I don't agree AT ALL. I met my dad 4 years ago and I wished I never met him. When I was little, I had this idea that my dad was some sort of 'hero'. I always knew he abandonned me but still, I wanted to believe he loved me.
Few weeks after we met, he called me a bastard and told me he hated me. My life, in a way, is better now because I'm sort of stronger but I wish I didn't have to go through all this pain. I hate my dad.

If you were in my shoes, you won't welcome my dad. I don't want to welcome a man who smokes marijuana or who drinks. No, I don't.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diyobdw(f): 11:14am On Jun 20, 2006
it like cheating to me .If i have done it before and was forgive i tend see the value of the relationship.
Retro you are one of the lucky few i know people who aint that strong and it ruin them.
Not matter what fifteen years of pain need more than a like time to heal.

diddy4:

i wont jump into him arms he will work not walk back into my life. no matter the excuse!
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by lunafish(f): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2006
diddy4:

That's straight bulls*hit.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by stormz(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2006
lol@lunafish

i agree with u but at the end of the day, hez human n he came back didnt he?
whether you like it or not hez ur father.
if God can forgive everysin you've committed added together all your life, surely 15 yrs is forgiveable
my dad left ma mum wen i was young n we onli recently started talkin.im 17 n i have a son already,i forgave my dad for ma son's sake n eventually i started to realise dat i'd done d right thing.
u'll onli feel hate if u hold on to d past n we all no dat holdin on to negative pasts does not move anyone forward.
let him know dAT he hurt you,talk about it n forgive him quiickly coz y'all got a lot of catchin up2do.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by stormz(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2006
if u reject him then ur proving urself to be d coward dat he was when HE rejected u 15 years ago.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by mamaput(f): 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2006
Talking about useless dads.
my ex likes to go out with his kids just to pose and show off.
But guess who is paying for there clothes, and who was paying for the lessons?
me.he keeps saying he is broke, but travels up to 4 times a year out of the country.
As the kids get older they know what is going on. It will take him more that a movie and a pot of popcorn to make it up.
Already the big Girl has slowly but steadily started to avoid seeing him.
Not because i said anything to her but she has started to understand that i am coming up for them alone while he is seeing the world.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by mamaput(f): 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2006
To that i will say were was he when i needed him
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by retro(f): 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2006
stormz:

if u reject him then your proving yourself to be d coward that he was when HE rejected u 15 years ago.
Bullsh-t.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diddy4(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2006
this one you people are saying is pure bull.

he mad a mistake, i will make same mistake by telling him off. i want my kids to have a grand pa. simple and short. i will welcome him. if God can forgive us of our atrocities, why cant we forgive him. dis one concern una, i have said my own. i will hug him and say welcome dad. kapish.

even if he is into drugs and stuff, i dont care one bit. he is my dad, he brought me into dis world and i will take care of him. my blessings are in heaven. daddy, you are welcome. pronto
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by lunafish(f): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2006
@Diddy CLEARLY you haven't been in this situation. I too want my kids to have granparents HOWEVER when he walked and left for 15 years of apathy and silence, HE LOST THAT RIGHT.

stormz:

if u reject him then your proving yourself to be d coward that he was when HE rejected u 15 years ago.

What a crock of s*hit! When he rejected you, he left you with nothing. You rejecting him won't leave him without a father, financial and spiritual support, encouragement and paternal love.

diddy4:

even if he is into drugs and stuff, i don't care one bit. he is my dad, he brought me into this world and i will take care of him. my blessings are in heaven. daddy, you are welcome. pronto

He didn't bring you into this world. Your mother did. And he sure a hell didn't keep you here.

mamaput:

I would want to know why he came back now that am grown

This is genius. Isn't is a "coincidence" that parents some back to see the people (strangers) their children have become? When you were struggling and growing you couldn't see them for dust.

I would simply say "I've seen you now and never again. Peace."
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diddy4(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2006
please where did my mum get the sperm to bring me into dis world? and how come i have some of his traits?
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by lunafish(f): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2006
Who gave birth to you? Your mother. She brought you into this world; it was her pushing.
It was his sperm. That doesn't make him a father outside of the biological sense; as artificial insemination and deadbeat dads show us. If he raised you; he's your father. Other than that, well my previous statements show what I think of the matter.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diddy4(m): 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2006
well, i have said my opinion. we all have our different opinions on the matter and dis is my opinion.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by retro(f): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2006
diddy4:

well, i have said my opinion. we all have our different opinions on the matter and this is my opinion.
We all know it's your opinion. This thread is full of opinions but sometimes opinions may not make sense. I've got proof to back up my opinion. What's yours?
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by mamaput(f): 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2006
Even a bio mother is not always a mother.
A mother is someone that took care of you and loved you.
When it comes to who born me , even a dog litters
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2006
well my father has never left so i wouldnt know what to do. undecided
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by daretayo(m): 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2006
Let me talk from the view of a father.
My wife and and I have been seperated for close to 9 months now.
Its probably going to lead to an divorce. We have a son that is about to one now.
She is using the boy as a weapon against me now and Maybe I might leave them for now till I get my act together. I love my son. But I am so pissed off with the mother and dont want to see her and would rather not see the her and the my boy.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diyobdw(f): 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2006
daretayo:

But I am so pissed off with the mother and don't want to see her and would rather not see the her and the my boy.

ok now your sepration might be her fault because it you talking.or may be truly her fault.
Either way what has that got to do with the lil boy?
thats the issue
dont think of you guys alone or dont wait 15yrs (as in the issue at hand) to know he matters

He will grow up and think with a more dependent mind than those in this generations (kids dis days scare me as thier reasoning is alarming shocked)
Then you will beg for him !!
Then she will win cos you left him for no fault of his!
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by beelyjay45(m): 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2006
Hi dad long time no see, so waz up! shikena
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diddy4(m): 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2006
beelyjay45:

Hi dad long time no see, so waz up! shikena

thank you my friend. simple. welcome d old man and live together and happily ever after.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by justme3(m): 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2006
Look him in the face and tell him to go to hell.After 15 yrs i won't need a Dad anymore
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by ddizzle(f): 12:44am On Jun 23, 2006
i some how disagree with you, You need the DISCIPLINE a dad gives, trust me a mother will try to be both Mother and Father but thats not the way God designed life and thats why most times its difficult,  Look at it this way ok he messed up yeah but even though your 15-25 years old you still need his principles. Even though you have aunties and uncles the love they give you cannot measure up to your PARENTS LOVE!! Many people out there don't realise that YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LOSE IT!! People out there are Begging God to rewind the time to when their dad came back to beg, because unfortunately their dads passed away before they could forgive them! Remember people Wounds will dry and heal but Death seperates, Forgive them before its too late,  there is no yellow book in heaven to call anybody!!

My 20 Cents
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diddy4(m): 12:48am On Jun 23, 2006
thank you so much, ddizzle. dey are just yapping here with different opinions. their is no love like a fathers love especially when he wants to prove he can still be a dad. fogive the man and let him in jo, which one sef.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by ddizzle(f): 12:49am On Jun 23, 2006
diddy4:

thank you so much, ddizzle. dey are just yapping here with different opinions. their is no love like a fathers love especially when he wants to prove he can still be a dad. fogive the man and let him in jo, which one sef.

wink Thanks Diddy
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diddy4(m): 12:53am On Jun 23, 2006
u welcome
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Drusilla(f): 1:20am On Jun 23, 2006
I say forgive him also. What about the situtation though that some famous African American rappers have faced.

The father shows back up, after the kid becomes rich and famous?
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diddy4(m): 1:22am On Jun 23, 2006
still take him back. if he came back for the riches, u will know, den u can ask him to leave, but if he comes back truely sorry for what he did and you know it is sincere, forgive him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alfie Patten ,the Youngest Boy Father. / Kid Calls Police To Avoid Bedtime / My Husband Is Killing Me Slowly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.