Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? (9512 Views)

Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / Is This Girl Really 15 Years Old??!?! / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Kendra(f): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2006
i would act nonchalant
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Nosu(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2006
Is not going to be easy, but the right thing to do is to Forgive him. Is ur dad, there are some things is the world u can't repace. one of them is ur dad. so forgive him so that u guys can ammend things and get along with life. remember all things work together for our good.
Some hv their dad around them but would hv love if he is away becos he is making life misery for them. Sme dad live home just to protect their children from their bad habit. so pls what u need to do is to make a bit of escuses for him and u will be able to forgive him.
FORGIVE = FOR + GIVE = before giving
it means giving ppl excuses for offend us
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by dollypee1(f): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2006
ARE U GUYS REFERN 2 MII ACTUALLY? MII DAD JUST CAME INTO MY LIFE FEW MONTHS AGO AFTER SO MANY YEARS.I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING TO HIM REALLY,WENT TO HIM HELD ME HIS ARM AND I WAS SOBBN QUIETLY.WE WERE STARRN AT EACH OTHER 4 A LONG TIME,HE DIDNT EVEN NO WHAT 2 SAY.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by incey(f): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2006
this is so touchy, im 19yrs old and for 19 yrs i havent got the chance of seeing my father, well probably i'll be asking him a lot of questions like why did he leave us? does he have another family? etc, my mom never talks about my father so when i ask questions it's always unanswered, i'm still in search for my father thou my mom doesnt know about it cause im here somewhere in asia, then my father is probably there in nigeria (he's a nigerian) then my mom is in US, damn, it's so hard when you really don't have a father beside you and you dont know what he looks like. im still wishing i could see him and hug him, and for sure i'll forgive him cause he's my father. embarassed but ofcourse im not goin to forgive him if he ends up in the streets, lol, grin grin wink
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by nancyekpoh(f): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2006
To me, I will welcome him and thank God for reminding him to be back again. But I will also frown at him for being away all these while. I will like to know why he left. But since he will ask for forgiveness, honestly I will forgive him with my whole heart.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by stormz(m): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2006
personally,
i think forgivin is d best thing to do.
ma father left us.
i met him again on ma seventeenth bday.i didnt no at first till ma mum told me.
it was really awkward.but u no.i was angry.i sed he was a coward for leavin us he told me y he left (it was a stupid reason cos there's no excuse to leave ur wife n a child)
i cried,so did he n we made up.it wasnt easy.but we did.because i no ive commited A LOT of sins but God isnt drivin me away from his heritage n takin "15 years" to think about it.
we human man.
if ur gona stay strong headed like dat jus remember one day,u'll need forgiveness from sum1 close to u .how u gon' feel den?

rejection is a killer feelin man.don't let ppl hu love but cant show u feel it.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by shantell(f): 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2006
do u know his reason for leaving or if he has been trying to make contacts with up to no avail or he was forced not to see you and ask ur mum if she knows why he left then after evaluating all these then u'll know if u can forgive him or not,
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by yoyoyo: 1:04am On Aug 20, 2006
There is nothing wrong in 4giving
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by sammyjl(f): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2007
I'd say "hallo"
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by gorociano: 11:26am On Dec 13, 2007
it seems we've gat to start a thread of we that lost their fathers to , their fathers, mine has not come back for 13 yrs or there about but i'm planning to make him cry, blood possibly, and kiss my natural black asss

young, scared n inexperienced is not a fucking excuse, is he the only one that was all that??
angry
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by metodman(m): 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2007
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b][i][/i] lol, u guys are funny but i wil think of it, it depends on if he is ready to reconcile with my mom IF MY MOM IS INNOCENT!
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by omega25red(m): 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2007
some times its just better to appreciate what your life has become without some people
i would say waddup N@#$R where you been ? grin grin
but no i would not want to reconnect because i hold grudges
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by syren: 1:59am On Jul 02, 2008
I want that day to come for so many reasons. Seems it never will  undecided
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by ola4yinka(m): 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2008
OH DADDY, WHY DID U COME BACK SO SOON ?
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by syren: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2008
omega25red:

some times its just better to appreciate what your life has become without some people i would say waddup N@#$R where you been? grin grin
but no i would not want to reconnect because i hold grudges

lol I'll always appreciate it wink
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by BangBang2(m): 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2008
welcome back daddy, i fucking want to kill u ryt now, u douche bag!!
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by syren: 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2008
BangBang!:

welcome back daddy, i fucking want to kill u ryt now, u douche bag!!

shocked shocked shocked atleast hear him out first grin
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by salinson: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2008
hello that is great
you should ask him why he left is family
do some thing to make him happy
finally forgive him is so far , biological is your dad

RETRO I YOUR REPLY IS THE BEST, WILLING TO KNOW U
salinson24@yahoo.com
waiting u soonest.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by efosanice: 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2008
you are the best dad in the world i love you so much, welcome back
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Nella(f): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2008
efosanice:

you are the best dad in the world i love you so much, welcome back

Nobi only!

@Topic

I can not even imagine! But it depends on y he left in d first place.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Eaglebabe: 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2010
Welcome
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Fhemmmy: 3:01am On Jan 09, 2010
I will look into his eyes.

Shed tears . . . . .say nothing . . . walk away and say Father . . .But why.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 09, 2010
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by SALady(f): 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2010
Depending on the circumstance why am I finding myself having to say anything to him, I picture he's decided to come back and make his wrong right. In that case I'd be more happy for him, that he finally found it in him to do the right thing.

Its moments like these that you know a person has been to hell and back it didnt happen overnight. He didnt just wake up one morning scratched his bum, brushed his teeth and decided he was going to look for you.

Human beings dont always make the best of decisions and choices in life. Forgive the poor guy and make good friends or whatever would best define/characterize your relationship. I doubt if it will ever be a father/child relationship. But for what its worth make the most of it and please God. God Loves forgiveness it breeds harmony.

Otherwise If there's no such reason as my example above,  then I have nothing to say to anybody who has nothing to say to me for 15 years. Clearly we must just get on with our lives.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Kaalh: 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
If my dad came to my door steps 15 years after not seeing him. I probably wouldn't say anything to him. I'd forgive him. But I'd just shake my head and stay quiet. But I can't say that because my dad has been gone for 15 years and still didn't come knocking on my door step.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by kennybelle: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
timmy: tell him you need 15 yrs to think about it
ahn! ahn! U dey vex o! Painful though shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kid Calls Police To Avoid Bedtime / My Husband Is Killing Me Slowly / Women (especially married), their age and Skinny Jeans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.