Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (87977 Views)

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa / Relocating To Awka. What Areas Are The Best To Live In, And Why. / 10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
seangy4konji:
Ignorant people just full this thread...

I am an IB boy to d bone and i mean there is no place i do not know as i grew up there with all family though in and out...i rep RING ROAD..MOBIL/OLUYOLE ESTATE...If you want peace,ib is the lace for you,if you wan enjoy,ib get am,if you are a family man and need good schools for kids while you work,you can surely get in ib...places i would recommend but u know everything depends on pocket but you sure cant compare pricing of laagos to ib as ib is relativelly cheaper.

If you want a normal life now with constant electicity,try and find a place around Alao akala express way..over 30 clubs and pubs and hotels on this high way with security and at least 20 hours electricity and good family people living around and hard woking..no touts or thee aabouts..

Oluyole is not bad but very quiet and same as akala express..if you want close proximity to places like mall,settle for ring road,starting from Akinyemi,D Rovans hotel,town planning,Mobil-7 up road(oluyole)not oluyole Aree area,then Oni and sons,High court,Adeoyo,Olusanya,Ajeigbe,Anfani,Challenge,down to Idi odo,Felele.(Felele is a bit rowdy but they have electricity and nice stores and close to challenge where you can get a cab to any part of nigeria like a transit hub for anybody entering into Ibadan.you must pass challenge.

If you want the extra rowdy then you move to all this bode,molete,foko,oke padre and so on...then we have the Yemetu,UCH which is relatively quiet and have nice quarters...

Then you can head to AKOBO,BODIJA and houses here are not too expensive also and very serene also...educated people with close proximity to Uni Ibadan and lots of joints and malls around here also and there you have bodija market....i guess you could gauge prices as i am describing all this places but as bodija is?with 500k?you will get a 5 bed house with tiles and water and everything all set so thats how ok it is if you wanna live in ib...

400K Gets you a nice place around oluyole.felele about200k...Akala about 400k....molete about 100k...rind road about 350 k..all this places are nice places with no agberos or there about...ask any one and there is no traffic in ibadan...the roads have just been expanded to double lanes and life is generally smooth and if its food....food yapa yaski...

I presently live in dd agos but i enter my IB every week and i usually catch the best of fun around mokola,eleiyele,ologuneru side where there are new settlements and hotels and there about...there are nice hotels everywhere and ladies from universities up and down...

Go check it out and i promise you it is a land doing well with no stress or hypertension..

Shalom.

How much does a self-con cost in IB, bro?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by seangy4konji: 7:45am On Feb 23, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

How much does a self-con cost in IB, bro?
from 5 k per month to 500k...

Area depending..

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 23, 2020
seangy4konji:
from 5 k per month to 500k...

Area depending..

One room with a kitchen and toilet is 500K? Ok. E se sir.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by ToniBlaize: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
As at 2017 a friend of mine, rented a room for 26k per year, Recently price have sky rocketed,i want to leave lagos for a while, im trying to get two bedroom flat in Akala i keep getting 400k-600k per anum and oluyole 350 -500k, while alalubosa 700k-1.3m and that's high,i stayed in jericho during my first time there, for almost 2years,i got to know places,ibadan is good really,standard of living is cheap,but the jobs don't pay well at all,and majority of it occupants re not too exposed to the core,sorry to say.... Jericho is good but electricity there is 2nd to zero...Odo ona has better light than Jericho, i dunno about now oo..but before now..that was just the case...I'm leaning towards akala, as they have new house and a quiet environment... The light im not sure....but people re saying it okay, alalubosa would have been a nice pick..but instead of spending 1.3n on a 2bed with no central generator or swimming pool, i did rather head to Aerodome or add 300k and get a standard mini flat in lekki with everything one Could ask for....
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by sucobaba(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2020
seangy4konji:

I am an IB boy to d bone and i mean there is no place i do not know as i grew up there with all family though in and out...i rep RING ROAD..MOBIL/OLUYOLE ESTATE...If you want peace,ib is the lace for you,if you wan enjoy,ib get am,if you are a family man and need good schools for kids while you work,you can surely get in ib...places i would recommend but u know everything depends on pocket but you sure cant compare pricing of laagos to ib as ib is relativelly cheaper.

If you want a normal life now with constant electicity,try and find a place around Alao akala express way..over 30 clubs and pubs and hotels on this high way with security and at least 20 hours electricity and good family people living around and hard woking..no touts or thee aabouts..

Oluyole is not bad but very quiet and same as akala express..if you want close proximity to places like mall,settle for ring road,starting from Akinyemi,D Rovans hotel,town planning,Mobil-7 up road(oluyole)not oluyole Aree area,then Oni and sons,High court,Adeoyo,Olusanya,Ajeigbe,Anfani,Challenge,down to Idi odo,Felele.(Felele is a bit rowdy but they have electricity and nice stores and close to challenge where you can get a cab to any part of nigeria like a transit hub for anybody entering into Ibadan.you must pass challenge.

If you want the extra rowdy then you move to all this bode,molete,foko,oke padre and so on...then we have the Yemetu,UCH which is relatively quiet and have nice quarters...

Then you can head to AKOBO,BODIJA and houses here are not too expensive also and very serene also...educated people with close proximity to Uni Ibadan and lots of joints and malls around here also and there you have bodija market....i guess you could gauge prices as i am describing all this places but as bodija is?with 500k?you will get a 5 bed house with tiles and water and everything all set so thats how ok it is if you wanna live in ib...

400K Gets you a nice place around oluyole.felele about200k...Akala about 400k....molete about 100k...rind road about 350 k..all this places are nice places with no agberos or there about...ask any one and there is no traffic in ibadan...the roads have just been expanded to double lanes and life is generally smooth and if its food....food yapa yaski...

I presently live in dd agos but i enter my IB every week and i usually catch the best of fun around mokola,eleiyele,ologuneru side where there are new settlements and hotels and there about...there are nice hotels everywhere and ladies from universities up and down...

Go check it out and i promise you it is a land doing well with no stress or hypertension..

Shalom.

Bros, tuale for the information. You do well

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Ayomarcel(m): 11:47am On Apr 26, 2020
If I really reply some of you in this thread. I'll scatter it. Most of you haven't been to ibadan before and all you make of it is some BS you heard from someone or so. Most of you here are people living in the east and Lagos. Most of you in lagos live in bad houses not average. Dirty places like bariga, ebutte metta, oworonshoki, lagos island and many more. Even ur rich men don't feel comfortable in their houses cos of the rainy season that will flood them out.

If you've ur mind set to relocate to ibadan, check and ask for the things you want to experience In ibadan and I'm sure you will get to experience them all. Ibadan is a big city and the only city in SW that can rival Lagos. So the beef is understanding. Ibadan has everything you might need. Constant Electricity, Good roads, Security, Jobs, good houses, good education, recreation centers, malls, Sightseeing, hotels, good food, and many more.

4 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by dadebayo1(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2020
Incase you need a two bedroom flat in Akobo.. You can message me. Just noticed a vacant place around my place. grin
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by sucobaba(m): 8:02am On Apr 29, 2020
dadebayo1:
Incase you need a two bedroom flat in Akobo.. You can message me. Just noticed a vacant place around my place. grin
Good morning, you have a mail
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by dadebayo1(m): 8:49am On Apr 29, 2020
sucobaba:

Ok sir..
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by sucobaba(m): 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
dadebayo1:

Ok sir..

Boss, you got mail.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by jman77(m): 11:18am On May 01, 2020
dadebayo1:
you've got a mail
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Olaoptech(m): 8:53pm On May 03, 2020
sucobaba:

Please I urgently need a self con in Ibadan. Tiled, running water, nice surroundings and good electricity. places like Dugbe, Sango, Akobo or Apata. Hw much should I budget for total package?
jman77:
you've got a mail
sucobaba:

Please I urgently need a self con in Ibadan. Tiled, running water, nice surroundings and good electricity. places like Dugbe, Sango, Akobo or Apata. Hw much should I budget for total package?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by poetictwenty(m): 10:21am On May 04, 2020
What
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by dadebayo1(m): 7:25pm On May 27, 2020
Another building up in Akobo in a very nice neighborhood... It is a twin two bedroom flat.. Kindly inbox me for details
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by dadebayo1(m): 7:26pm On May 27, 2020
poetictwenty:
What advice can you give to someone who wants to relocate to Ibadan from portharcourt, with just 150k .

And what is job opportunity for an Electrician, with also a degree in Electrical Engineering?

There are loads of opportunities cos you have areas just developing...
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Xmen149(m): 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
dadebayo1:
Another building up in Akobo in a very nice neighborhood... It is a twin two bedroom flat.. Kindly inbox me for details

bro,.few questions:

can one get bus at earliest ours of the morning to make it to Lagos in time for work.

Also can I get a 2bedroom apartment between 100 to 200k there.

work very few days in lag and would want to stay in an affordable area I can gradually start up a business in and leave lag .

am waiting for your reply please
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by fwallex4truth: 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please I am looking for a room in Ibadan, with a nice and serene environment.

Thank you.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by dadebayo1(m): 4:53am On Jun 23, 2020
Xmen149:

bro,.few questions:

can one get bus at earliest ours of the morning to make it to Lagos in time for work.

work very few days in lag and would want to stay in an affordable area I can gradually start up a business in and leave lag .

Challenge, iwo road or ring road axis will be the best for you sir.... You can easily access lagos bus from there very early jn the morning sir. Yes you can get a two bedroom from 200k but you cannot get a get one for 100k., All the best sir
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Xmen149(m): 7:43am On Jun 23, 2020
dadebayo1:

Challenge, iwo road or ring road axis will be the best for you sir.... You can easily access lagos bus from there very early jn the morning sir. Yes you can get a two bedroom from 200k but you cannot get a get one for 100k., All the best sir

thank you dearest brother,.thank you
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Samadhii(m): 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hello!
I want to move to Ibadan. Please recommend an area where I can get a room self contain that isn't expensive and doesn't have security issues. Preferably closer to the town area as I also want to look for job
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Cashsteady(m): 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
Someone should tell me the problems of all this igbos they keep saying ibadan is a brown roofs city.. But they can't leave the city the population of igbos in ibadan are more than some south eastern states TBH the ancient part of the city is about 40% and the modern part is 60%
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by everyevery: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2020
Please I need a 2bedroom flat around bashorun,akobo ,ashi,bodija,ikolaba
My budget is 200k
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
Xmen149:

bro,.few questions:

Bro, don't keep risking your life on that road. Aside the fact that on some bad days, you might be gripped in traffic and you'll regret stepping out of your house, you might also likely get tired of travelling that long often. That's from my own perspective though .

5 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
Samadhii:
Hello!
I want to move to Ibadan. Please recommend an area where I can get a room self contain that isn't expensive and doesn't have security issues. Preferably closer to the town area as I also want to look for job

Can someone answer this man, please? We seem to need the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Xmen149(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Bro, don't keep risking your life on that road. Aside the fact that on some bad days, you might be gripped in traffic and you'll regret stepping out of your house, you might also likely get tired of travelling that long often. That's from my own perspective though .

thanks so much for the advice.

work once in 9days,.still think this is not a good move?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Moji12(f): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2020
seangy4konji:

Shalom.
good morning please what can you say of monatan planning on relocating there
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by jman77(m): 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Moji12:
very good area and its close to iwo road that can connect Lagos and osun states
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Moji12(f): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
jman77:
very good area and its close to iwo road that can connect Lagos and osun states
thank you so much i appreciate
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Keraxes: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
Moji12:
Are you yoruba? Are you coming for business or to find job

I’m asking these questions so i can give you the best area concerning all these above
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Moji12(f): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
Keraxes:

Are you yoruba? Are you coming for business or to find job

I’m asking these questions so i can give you the best area concerning all these above
i already have a house there though with a shop. Coming to settle down n start my cake making business.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Keraxes: 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
Moji12:
i already have a house there though with a shop. Coming to settle down n start my cake making business.
Okay if not i would have recommended challenge, ringroad, akala express Oluyole side because most of your customers would come from that side
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Moji12(f): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
Keraxes:

Okay if not i would have recommended challenge, ringroad, akala express Oluyole side because most of your customers would come from that side
ok thanks how is dat place. Like what does it look like? I left IB 23 years ago after staying for 6 years

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Lightening Bolt Strikes Plane Full Of Passengers / Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.