Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (88046 Views)

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa / Relocating To Awka. What Areas Are The Best To Live In, And Why. / 10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by SNIPER123: 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Bere grin

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hahaha..still pained
trapQ:
I'm not Igbo and not pained. However you're stupid.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by SmartPolician: 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
oluoni:
When Ibadan people were living in brown roof houses Igbo's were still living in trees most of those buildings you see with brown have been there long before Nigeria gained independence...That why its called the ancient city of ibadan,the capital of the old Oyo empire.Lagos was a mere slave depot at the time the entry point into the Oyo empire.

Which ancient city? Please stop the cheap lies. How do you explain Abeokuta that has old houses everywhr?

The problem is that most rich Yorubas don't visit their villages, leaving their village houses to rot. Most Yoruba natives who are non-native of Lagos don't know the way to their villages. Yes, I know lots of them.

This is different from what you see in the east where people do traditional marriage in villages and always travel to the village to celebrate easter and Christmas. So, Igbos who have terrible village houses are compelled to refurbish it before those events, making our cities and villages look decent.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by trapQ: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
I dont talk to fools, kindly get lost. Lower primate.
oluoni:
Hahaha..still pained
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
The pain continues
trapQ:
I dont talk to fools, kindly get lost. Lower primate.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by sannde: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
try Gege, Beere, Foko, Oke Ado, Amule, Orita Merin....etc. ghetto areas no dey cost
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by emmancecute(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
I've have stayed at ring road for over 4years now and counting, generally peaceful, serene environment. You can look Alalubosa GRA, Oluyole, New Bodija, Iyaganku GRA, Jericho, Akobo.... Life is pretty easy in Ibadan as you'll get a nice apartment between 250k- 500k depending on the location.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by lereinter(m): 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

How is electricity supply in Ibadan?
The town looks cheap but my worry is whether the wholesale market for fmcg and real estate market is not saturated.

saturated is an understament

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ephhay:
Bodija, Aerodrome estate, Samonda, Oluyole estate.
Aerodome is not cheap oo.It is for those insanely rich politicians... Aerodome is very very expensive...

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Worldbest281: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
I will like to relocate to Ibadan from Ilorin
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

How is electricity supply in Ibadan?
The town looks cheap but my worry is whether the wholesale market for fmcg and real estate market is not saturated.
Light in those areas are great...take it from someone that moves to a new apartment in different areas every year.

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
Agbowo is also a nice place to stay sha, BUT
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
If your main reason to Ibadan is Electricity, theb look no further, Eleyele is your best bet..18hrs daily is very much guaranteed...Oluyole is lovely, Akobo is good, if u have good cash, New Bodija, If u want proximity to night life, Mokola area, Dugbe...Then Ringroad...Generally, IB is cool..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Jsucre(m): 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
so Ibadan is beautiful like this. and we dey call am brown roof town. chai, I no go belief online message again.

3 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
happinesssssssss:
Terrible place..Power supply is next to Zero..I stay in Agbowo, prices of commodities are grossly inflated because of presence of student..
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by smile4excel(f): 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
Akobo is the best jareh. Eletricity dey 24/7. Ive lived there , afriend living at oluyole estate said it's also dupe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by doyinisaac(m): 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
jiangchu:
i love ibadan. I've always been skeptical about that place until i visited oluyole estate. very serene and easy going place. no traffic. and the population of [b]THE DEVELOPERS[/b]selling wares by the walk way is zero. living in Ibadan is like Lagos 1970 before the ibos came in and destroy the standard.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Omotaday(m): 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
happinesssssssss:
but what? Do you stay in ib?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mtngloetiartel: 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2018
Toseny01:
Three bedroom flat in oluyole ring road 350/400,three bedroom in Jericho same range, three bedroom in akobo 180/250,bodija 250 /400, good schools kg1 average of 15 /50k akobo,ring road 40/100,bodija40/100 for nursery and pre nursery.
dont mind d op jare. He dont knw ibadan.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
revontuli:

Wow, Ibadan looks nice and neat. Are there public parks in the city? Nice cafeterias? Is it safe for a foreigner to visit?
Agodi gardens, Ventura Mall, Zoological garden et el are examples of many public recreational centres in Ibadan..
Cafeteria litters the city especially around Dugbe, Mokola, ring road axis.
Ibadan is relatively safer now than yesteryears..

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by kennisman(m): 9:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
I will advise u to go dt egbeda syde, u wunt spend much and dey can even dash u house dre....pls na advise o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by doyinisaac(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mehn that akobo ehn....out of every 24 hours they have light for at least 18hours.....for those that love stable power supply then go to akobo....for those looking forward to mingle with fellow wealthy people or socialize then “aerodrome GRA” is for you...aerodrome is cool and it is not far from ventura mall and u have access to UI slayqueens too...lol.......but if u like clubbing very well and u want a place closer to some good clubs then just get an apartment at bodija or agodi.......

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by yemi15(m): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
sanchos9607:
Let's face it, there's a biting recession in the country. Perhaps you've lost your job and are considering a career change. Perhaps you're considering setting up a business.
School fees in many parts of Lagos (especially in the island/ Lekki axis) are sky high, cost of living is high, and transportation keeps going up. Don't even mention rents as that is the biggest enabler of poverty in Lagos.

Many people dread September / January because of the double whammy of rents and school fees in Lagos.
You may be wondering what you are still doing in Lagos sef! If no promising career is attaching you to the state, it may interest you to discover that other cities outside Lagos may fit the bill as a place to live for your young family.

Quality affordable schools, modern accommodation at a fraction of the Lagos cost, cheap transportation, more affordable cost of living, and more safety and security.

Ibadan is one such place if I may make a suggestion. I moved here 2 years ago and my family has never regretted the decision.

Basorun, Oluwo-Nla, Old Bodija if you are a people person and love places to happen!

Akobo Estate, Ashi, Oluyole Estate, Olubadan Estate and New Bodija if you love quiet areas!

From a nairalander born, bred and based in Ibadan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Toshtos: 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
Rent in Ibadan.....

I'm seeking for mini flat of one bedroom apartment (room and parlour ) in akobo/oluyole/Ashi bodija area within the range price of 200,000-250,000 Per Year(total package)

Anybody that have one can contact me via - 08098256561 call or whatsapp

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by don4real18(m): 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
Maybe I just have to change my location but the little hiccup is a job. How is the job opportunity over there with regards to construction or graphics design
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nedfed(m): 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
IBADAN
Brown roofing city in West Africa

5 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by doyinisaac(m): 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
yemi15:

Basorun, Oluwo-Nla, Old Bodija if you are a people person and love places to happen!

Akobo Estate, Ashi, Oluyole Estate, Olubadan Estate and New Bodija if you love quiet areas!

From a nairalander born, bred and based in Ibadan.
That new bodija can be very quiet ehn..anybody that loves privacy alot should just choose new bodija.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by doyinisaac(m): 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
don4real18:
Maybe I just have to change my location but the little hiccup is a job. How is the job opportunity over there with regards to construction or graphics design
if you are not self employed,my brother you are on your own

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by doyinisaac(m): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
Toshtos:
Rent in Ibadan.....

I'm seeking for mini flat of one bedroom apartment (room and parlour ) in akobo/oluyole/Ashi bodija area within the range price of 200,000-250,000 Per Year(total package)

Anybody that have one can contact me via - 08098256561 call or whatsapp

Thanks
@akobo you will even see a nice two bedroom flat for that price range....
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by yemi15(m): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
sanchos9607:
Let's face it, there's a biting recession in the country. Perhaps you've lost your job and are considering a career change. Perhaps you're considering setting up a business.
School fees in many parts of Lagos (especially in the island/ Lekki axis) are sky high, cost of living is high, and transportation keeps going up. Don't even mention rents as that is the biggest enabler of poverty in Lagos.

Many people dread September / January because of the double whammy of rents and school fees in Lagos.
You may be wondering what you are still doing in Lagos sef! If no promising career is attaching you to the state, it may interest you to discover that other cities outside Lagos may fit the bill as a place to live for your young family.

Quality affordable schools, modern accommodation at a fraction of the Lagos cost, cheap transportation, more affordable cost of living, and more safety and security.

Ibadan is one such place if I may make a suggestion. I moved here 2 years ago and my family has never regretted the decision.

You guys have come to spoil my lovely Ibadan Abi?

Self-con was 40k to 50k just like Jos is currently before Lagosians came.

Lagosians came, Ibadan landlords got greedy. No nice self-con is less than 60k now with agent fee to boot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja / See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.