Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (87963 Views)

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa / Relocating To Awka. What Areas Are The Best To Live In, And Why. / 10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by tosinjohnson(m): 5:29am On Apr 14, 2018
My brother want to relocate to Ibadan. Which is relatively affordable for him to start he's marketing business? He will need a room self-contain or a room and parlour self-contain. The one that is relatively cheaper in a good environment where there is electricity. U can pls state different places to choose. Thanks. Or whatsapp me on 08067630141
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by VolvoS60(m): 5:33am On Apr 14, 2018
Kudeti
Ogunpa
Beere
Oja-Oba
Mapo
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by philaw(m): 6:13am On Apr 14, 2018
Which area is most suitable for a Law Firm and what's d cost of rent for a nice office space ? Cool one.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by teesugar(f): 6:59am On Apr 14, 2018
revontuli:

Wow, Ibadan looks nice and neat. Are there public parks in the city? Nice cafeterias? Is it safe for a foreigner to visit?
Ibadan is the best place to live in Nigeria trust me. wink cost of living is relatively cheap, food, accommodation and other things. Most importantly, Ibadan is very safe.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 7:18am On Apr 14, 2018
miredia:
Jericho, Onireke, Idi ishin, Ikolaba Estate, Agodi gra, Iyaganku quarters, Old and New Bodija, Alalubosa, Oluyole estate, Aerodome Samonda and perhaps some parts of Akobo. These are the nice places in Ibadan.

A FEW PIX FROM SAMONDA,IBADAN.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2018
SAMONDA,.IBADAN

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 7:27am On Apr 14, 2018
SAMONDA,IBADAN.

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by barragan: 7:33am On Apr 14, 2018
miredia:
Rowdy and Lousy hangout spots. Is there any exclusively quiet place like the old Segi in femi Johnson(glass house)?

Mingles. Jericho.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 7:38am On Apr 14, 2018
SABO,AKOBO IN IBADAN.

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 7:41am On Apr 14, 2018

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2018
VolvoS60:

Kudeti
Ogunpa
Beere
Oja-Oba
Mapo

You sure?

AKOBO,JERICHO IN IBADAN.

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 8:09am On Apr 14, 2018
philaw:
Which area is most suitable for a Law Firm and what's d cost of rent for a nice office space ? Cool one.
Aerodome will be your best bet..

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 14, 2018
SmartPolician:

You see how foolish you are? Is Abia the topic?
Osu
Hiding tongue
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Born2Breed(f): 8:24am On Apr 14, 2018
jiangchu:
i love ibadan. I've always been skeptical about that place until i visited oluyole estate. very serene and easy going place. no traffic. and the population of THE DEVELOPERS selling wares by the walk way is zero. living in Ibadan is like Lagos 1970 before the ibos came in and destroy the standard.

People like you always try to destroy every nice thread with your diatribe. Grow up!!!

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Mires: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2018
aywhy93:
I was Born and Brought up in Ibadan and I know IB City In and out... And I've also been to so many places in the Country and I must say, people have a very distorted view about Ibadan. There are places in Ibadan that has the same atmosphere with that of Lekki, Magodo, VI, etc in Lagos. The same way there are ghetto and slums too that competes with those in Lagos as well.

For example, It's almost impossible for an averagely rich person who lives in Magodo or some parts of Lekki in Lagos or even someone who lives in Kubwa or Wuse II in Abuja to afford living comfortably in Aerodrome in Ibadan, only if you're really super rich and can stay rich for years.

So, to those that see Ibadan mainly and only as a city of brown roofs... May Sense fall on y'all. AMEN

Abegi, make we hear something. Besides Aerodrome, Jericho, some part of Bodija, Oluloye estate and extension, Agodi, Akobo, and some few places within challenge axis, Ibadan as a city seems to be miserable in terms of the building. Abi na Agbowo, Oregun, Apete, Ojo, Iwo road, Ajibade, Ajibode, and the worst part, that side wey the late Ibadan jagaban be de live. I don't want to mention the name because it's an eye sore. Yet Ibadan people will say those houses can't be destroy because it's their cultural heritage my foot.

Ibadan cheap shall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by samzzycash(m): 8:39am On Apr 14, 2018
SmartPolician:

Go and sleep. You have no point.

Goodbye
which point you don prove.
My own is Aba carry dirty buildings. No dey yarn opata

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 8:46am On Apr 14, 2018
Mires:

Abegi, make we hear something. Besides Aerodrome, Jericho, some part of Bodija, Oluloye estate and extension, Agodi, Akobo, and some few places within challenge axis, Ibadan as a city seems to be miserable in terms of the building. Abi na Agbowo, Oregun, Apete, Ojo, Iwo road, Ajibade, Ajibode, and the worst part, that side wey the late Ibadan jagaban be de live. I don't want to mention the name because it's an eye sore. Yet Ibadan people will say those houses can't be destroy because it's their cultural heritage my foot.

Ibadan cheap shall.

IBADAN is more developed than all your five states joined together.Ibadan has more than 3 million people while each of your cities..the developed ones do not have up to 500,000,has few infrastructures except houses which Ibadan only has more.Accepted Ibadan/Oyo still has slum just like Lagos but these two Swestern states are still more developed than any state in the east...Igboland.T hey have been more developed than Igboland even before the white men came.

4 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2018
Born2Breed:

People like you always try to destroy every nice thread with your diatribe. Grow up!!!

While I am not holding brief for the person you replied, I have been monitoring this thread since yesterday, I can see various absurdity, uncivilized & arrant nonsense in what the people you are defending posted.Though, it is expected because for years on nairaland, they always attack the brown roof cities which I have never seen you defended or making comment provided it keeps the thread alive. Nobody will stand his father's house being insulted without a defence, except a bastard, though it pays to keep quiet on social media because you don't know the exposure of the other fellow.

I have spent 6 yrs in the East before. Anybody who wants to relocate to Ibadan can visit the site below for some of the estates .

http://www.citypeopleonline.com/10-popular-estates-ibadan-rich-live/

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Tekkyy: 9:32am On Apr 14, 2018
Sin City: Ibadan Wears Profane Look As ‘Runs’ Girls Take Over The City

God forbid. I can’t sell the material for N3,000. The least I will take is N5, 000. If you can have enough money, I am all set to sell. But if you maintain on paying N3, 000, you can go to Oja-Oba(market) and buy from there.”

If you think the above words came from a trader in fabric materials, you are 100 percent wrong. The material that is up for sale here is not the usual fabric made of cotton or linen. It is sex! The traders are female students of a tertiary institution in Ibadan, Oyo State, who have included “runs” to their studies.

Overwhelmed with reports of the escapades and prostitution of the female students in Ibadan, 9news Nigeria investigative journalist moved around some clubs and bars, disguising as a client in need of a sex merchant for the night –– to examine the veracity or otherwise of the reports. His findings revealed that the high rate of these commercial sex workers in Ibadan is alarming.

His first point of call was Platinum bar, a fun spot located directly opposite UBA building, Bodija. While some were already set and were waiting for prospective customers, others were seen changing the clothes they had worn from their hostels into skimpy dresses or applying make-ups at the roadside.

Welcome to Sodom and Gomorrah
While Oyo State is dubbed as ‘The pacesetter State’, Africa’s largest city is not setting a good pace in areas of morality.

A tall, light-skinned and beautiful twenty-three-year-old lady –– whom I later knew as Chinwe –– was eager to land a client for the night, so her eyes darted furtively scanning the newcomers. When asked how much her business fetched every night, she was hesitant at first. “Why you dey ask? You wan do?” she threw back. It was important to encourage her to think that I was a soon-to-be client, so negotiations were opened with a bottle of wine which encouraged her to sit beside me.

For short time — meaning a round of sex with her — she would accept as low as N1000. “But if you wan enjoy yourself well, well, touch and, smoosh body, you go make am N2500.” We haggled and she brought it down to N2000. Spending a night with Chinwe will take nothing less than N3000. “That mean say, you go enjoy till daybreak”, she said patronizingly, blinking her amorous eyes.

It was Tuesday night and ladies were seen in skimpy and provocative clothes; smoking cigarettes and drinking beer with reckless abandon; some twisted their bodies to the music that blared from the big audio system mounted on a stage; while others were seen swinging their hips to entice clients. Read more

http://www.9newsng.com/sin-city-ibadan-wears-new-look-as-runs-girls-take-over-the-city/
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by philaw(m): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2018
mercyville:

Aerodome will be your best bet..
How much will a standard office space cost in Aerodome?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Gamesmart: 9:48am On Apr 14, 2018
mercyville:
grin grin

It is not a laughing question. It is a fair question.

If someone is senselessly saying there are no brown roofs in Enugu and Onitsha, one needs to ask the person when did development reach those places.

It is as stupid as someone saying there are no face-me-I-face-you buildings in Lekki. Obviously as development did not reach Lekki until more than 100 years after it reached Ikeja/Agege, then Lekki would not have such but Ikeja/Agege would have. Lekki's buildings would be more modern.

In another 100 years, we may be laughing at Lekki and the types of buildings there.

Oyinbos have been living in and settled in Ibadan for over a 170 years and trading with them for more than 300 years. Also oyinbo activity was more intense in the SW than any other part of Nigeria, so one can see how some of Ibadan's development is old and historic.

Ibadan is also one of the largest cities by population in Africa, not just Nigeria, so one should expect to see a mix of accommodation there.

4 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Mires: 9:55am On Apr 14, 2018
mercyville:

IBADAN is more developed than all your five states joined together.Ibadan has more than 3 million people while each of your cities..the developed ones do not have up to 500,000,has few infrastructures except houses which Ibadan only has more.Accepted Ibadan/Oyo still has slum just like Lagos but these two Swestern states are still more developed than any state in the east...Igboland.T hey have been more developed than Igboland even before the white men came.

Be civil in an attempt to buttress your point. Anyway, I am not surprise having live with Ibadan people for years. If you have some common sense, you shouldn't have think that I am from South East which is not only your problem but an average Yoruba man's problem. May you receive some common sense IJN.

Back to your point, have you ever being to Enugu or Imo? I am very sure you haven't as typical of Ibadan man - primary sch, Ibadan, Sec Sch, Ibadan, BSc, Ibadan, MSc, Ibadan and possibly PhD, Ibadan. It's called inbreeding. It doesn't usher in common sense.

How many roads in IB can two cars comfortably move simultaneously from opposite directions if not the few that Ajimobi has worked on? Go to Owerri and Enugu, capital cities as well and see virtually all their streets.

Who are the owners of majority of the houses in Aerodrome? Are they not the same Igbos who you want to crucify?

I like you sha just the same way I like my Ibadan friends and colleagues. It's only in Ibadan I can still enter taxi #20 even with this miserable APC government Ibadan people gave us. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Mires: 9:59am On Apr 14, 2018
philaw:
How much will a standard office space cost in Aerodome?

It is strictly residential. No form of any trading. The least duplex goes for as little as #1.2m yearly.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by NASTYNASOSO: 10:07am On Apr 14, 2018
sanchos9607:
Listed below are some areas in Ibadan that I feel people from Lagos may like to move to:

1. Ring road/ Oluyole : this is a nice area close to one of the shoprite malls. It's also close to the toll gate on the way out of Ibadan back to Lagos, so if you work during the week in Lagos, your 3-day weekend can always be complete from Friday evening until Monday morning.

It's got lovely sights and sounds, great shopping locations, great schools, and is close to a number of markets. Security is good, and rental prices are average.

2. Jericho/ Idi ishin : this is one of the high brow areas of Ibadan and the abode of many South West prominent politicians. Accommodation here is among the priciest in Ibadan. It's got great schools and is close to the popular aleshinloye market. It's also close to dugbe with its cinemas, nightclubs, malls and fun spots.

3. Bodija : this is the gravitational Centre of Ibadan. It has the biggest commodity and agricultural produce market in West Africa.

Accommodation is pricey here as well, and the most expensive schools in Ibadan are found here (though they are only a fraction of the cost of Lagos elite schools). It's close to the state secretariat and majority of government offices are located here.

If your aim is merchandise trade, then bodija is your best bet.

4. Akobo : many civil servants and academics built their houses in this area as it is one of the new and relatively undeveloped parts of Ibadan.

This may seem like a disadvantage, but it is also a big advantage as many houses here are less than 15 years old, and electricity here is above average given the presence of army and airforce barracks in the area. Needless to say, security here is first class!

HMMMMMMM

Bodija : this is the gravitational Centre of Ibadan. It has the biggest commodity and agricultural produce market in West Africa.

WHAT MANNER OF LIE IS THIS.
FOR REAL, ARE YOU COMFORTABLE MAKING THIS STATEMENT.
YOU MUST BE A COMFORTABLE LIAR
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by sonety2k(m): 10:11am On Apr 14, 2018
tosinjohnson:
My brother want to relocate to Ibadan. Which is relatively affordable for him to start he's marketing business? He will need a room self-contain or a room and parlour self-contain. The one that is relatively cheaper in a good environment where there is electricity. U can pls state different places to choose. Thanks. Or whatsapp me on 08067630141

You can Call Mr BASHIRU Tell :- 08066794842
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by kpaofame: 10:29am On Apr 14, 2018
I am looking for a nice yet cheap a room self contain apartment around Ibadan environs ( Btw Mobil(Ring Road) to Mokola Axis)
If you have one kindly message me on kpaofame@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by OmoEpe(m): 10:33am On Apr 14, 2018
Last week i drove into ibadan from Lagos went through challenge, ringroad, Jericho all the way to Eleyele farm settlement. All good roads no traffic congestion. Indeed Ajumobi has transformed Ibadan. I agree it's SW best kept secret. Never knew we had such a jewel in Ibadan. Our knowledge of Ibadan has always been limited to Lagos ibadan express road

Kudos to Ajumobi
Kudos to the capital of Yoruba land
Kudos to every Omo Odua

5 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by kpaofame: 10:35am On Apr 14, 2018
SNIPER123:
Bere grin

grin grin grin you are wicked oo

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Tunbolity(m): 10:43am On Apr 14, 2018
revontuli:

Wow, Ibadan looks nice and neat. Are there public parks in the city? Nice cafeterias? Is it safe for a foreigner to visit?
There are public parks like Agodi Gardens, Trans Amusement Park, the UI Zoo, e.t.c and countless cafeterias. It is as well safe for foreigners of different colours and backgrounds. You can see a cluster of Lebanese settlement at Onireke GRA, Israeli investors and Arab engineers at Oluyole Estate, and other places places like Agodi GRA, Bodija, e.t.c where you have whites scattered there. Email me on ganisankara@gmail.com and I will share you pictures and opinions of visitors

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Tunbolity(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2018
tosinjohnson:
From the look of thing, I am beginning to love Ibadan. I have now make up mind to allow brother relocate to Ibadan but how much is a room and parlour self-contain or a room self-contain? In a cheap area that he can start up his marketing business. He's into real estate and networking. Pls
A room and parlour self is between 120k and 180k, you can see at Agbowo/UI, Bodija, Apete, Akobo, Apata, Oluyole Estate
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by omoijesa(m): 11:02am On Apr 14, 2018
Olodo area, good motorable road and constant power supply,thank me later at ur own peril grin
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by samwash(m): 11:04am On Apr 14, 2018
which kind fine pic of Ibadan una dey post there make una nor let me enter town post d real Ibadan for una ooo.
if you are looking for a better area wit good light pls pls pls pls I repeat pls.........ls
DO NOT COME TO FELELE IN CHALLENGE.
I don talk my own oooo!!! who have ears.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lightening Bolt Strikes Plane Full Of Passengers / Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.