Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

My Personal View On How God Answers Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Personal View On How God Answers Prayers (774 Views)

TB Joshua Celebrates His 57th Birthday, Reveals How God Wants Us To Mark It / Worry Never Changes Anything, Prayer Does. God Answers Prayer. / An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal View On How God Answers Prayers by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
This is from my own personal observation and may differ from person to person. No one can completely understand the ways of God because His ways and thoughts are far higher than ours (Isaiah 55:9) but yet, the development in the understanding of God's ways is a continuous life process till death. Understanding the ways of God depends on how close you’re to Him and the more understand His ways, the more you will get your prayers answered by Him.

I have had some of my personal prayers answered by God most especially during the period of my early conversion but it has come to my observation that God doesn’t actually answer all prayers, most especially the prayers that goes contrary to His will, prayer that isn’t the best for us if answered, prayer that doesn’t bring glory to Him and prayer which He never instruct us to execute.

One of my prayers that God answers was how He healed me of my eye problem which I developed suddenly and He healed me instantly without some of my family members even aware of the problem because it came suddenly and it went suddenly also through divine help. When I developed the problem in my early conversion, I prayed severally for the eyes but nothing changed but it was in the evening when I was praying at about 10pm and was as if I had lost consciousness and was speaking things which I really don’t understand, sweating profusely and I heard a small voice in my mind telling me to use my hands to remove some sweat from my body and rub it on my eyes and I did as instructed and concluded the prayer and slept off and behold the eye problem disappeared the next morning.

This is similar and reminds me of what Jesus Christ did in His earthly days when He healed the eyes of a blind man by spitting in the ground and made clay with the saliva and rub the clay on the eyes of the blind man and told him to go wash his eyes in the pool and behold the man came back seeing(John 9:6-7). That prayer of mine was answered because I heeded to the instructions of God just like the blind man who Jesus healed and again the prayer was answered because it was in alliance with the will God because similar of it is even found in His word(I.e. Holy Bible) as in the case of the blind man and Jesus.

Another of my prayer that was answered was really in a dramatic way. I paid a visit to my friend through whom I got my conversion and when I got home, I noticed a sharp pain in one side of my stomach and anytime I tried to speak or eat the pain aggravates and forces me to shut my mouth so that the pain won’t continue. I prayed severally but to no avail and even called my friend who I visited and he prayed over the phone but the pain still remain but surprisingly, when it was time for prayers again in the evening and as I attempted to start praying, the pain came up again and I could barely speak and quietly I said these words “Lord I can’t speak to You because of this pain. Please take it away so that I can speak to You better” and immediately the pain disappeared and I raised my voice and started praying in high frequency. When I finished praying, I took a deep breath and the pain was completely gone and never reoccurred even up to this very moment. You could observe how God quickly answered this my prayer because it was necessary and He knew I won’t be able to speak to Him unless the pain is removed and He did that without delay.

Recently I has a terrible cough and I prayed severally but no change and I went across the road and bought a cough shrub and prayed over it that the cough shouldn’t reoccur after taking it and after I took it, I got an instant relief and the cough healed eventually. This makes it obvious that God want us to use the things He has made available for us to heal ourselves and not to demand everything from Him all the time. He is the One who made Hospitals and drugs available for our use and ordained medical doctors to help Him actualize this task. Falling sick and running to the church for pastor’s prayers instead of going straight to the hospital, is not within the will of God and can lead to complications and even death. The pastors you run to for healing will give you oil or water to drink which is if no effect but when they themselves fall sick, they abandon their oil and water which they gave you and they seek for medical attention. Go to the hospital and if deemed necessary and you get admitted, call your pastor to come pray for you on your sick bed and watch the dramatic way you will recover from the sickness . God always answers prayer this way because you have played you own role by seeking medical attention and God blesses your effort, the effort of the pastor and the effort of the medical doctors also(Division of labour).

Despite having tough times in getting my own healing and prayers answered from God, I have prayed for countless number of people and they get healed eventually but I do this with all humility because God doesn’t want us to do things as to let people see what He can do and the gifts which He has given us, He doesn’t want us to use it for our own personal gain and benefit but for the good and benefit of others. I’m just a vessel used and every healing He grants is from Him and not from me and all thanks and praises should go to Him and Him alone.

The prayer which God answers through me are the once He instructs me to fix. I don’t pray aimlessly at any random person I see but solely follow the words and instructions of the Holy Spirit. I can have an instruction to go pray for someone in the hospital and the person leaves the hospital the next day but one thing I observe that makes God quickly grants answers to prayers is the level of faith the recipient displays and no body forces prayer on anyone. Sometimes God doesn’t bring healing through the person who prays and lay hands on the sick, but through the faith of the recipient. Remember that Jesus always told people in His earthly days that it was their faith that made them well( e.g. Mark 5:34, Mark 10:52, Luke 8:48, Luke 17:19)

No other thing pleases God more than faith and without faith, it is impossible to please Him(Hebrew 11:6). Remember the centurion who Jesus told He should go and pray for his servant in his house but the centurion showed great faith that Jesus doesn’t need to come under his roof and that Jesus should only speak the word and his servant will be healed. Jesus impressed by His faith said that it was the greatest faith He had ever seen in Israel( Matthew 8:10) and the servant of the centurion was healed not by Jesus going to lay hands on the centurion's servant but through the faith of the centurion showed (Matthew 8:13).

Another common way I always get answers to my prayer from God is when I asked Him for understanding for His word (Holy Bible) and my academic books, I get them instantly by a voice speaking through me explaining everything to me in a simplified version. This is because God easily gives wisdom and understanding to anyone who ask from Him(James 1:5). I sought wisdom from God to write this article and all that you have been reading is the product of His divine inspiration.

I will stop here even though I know I can write a textbook on this subject matter and I hope that with this, you have got an insight of how prayer can be answered and I pray henceforth all prayers that you will pray within the will of God will be granted in Jesus name. Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal View On How God Answers Prayers by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
Some may not believe this but since 2014 I hv Always had it in mind that God Almighty will healed me of asthma/bronchitis has been disturbing me since childhood. I was instructed but a man of God to always praise God between the hours of 12 and 3am, although I missed some
Days. My healing came by way of sore throat (sounds funny isn't it?) Last month which lasted more than.a week. And later discovered nm that I had 6 lumps of puss in my throat to the extent I could not swallow my saliva. I went to a chemist who sold ampiclox (Beecham) after some days, come and see me vomitting out puss as soon as each one of them bursts. I committed like more than six times. Imagine! The smell was terrible!!! I fully
Recovered the next day and found out that after some days I no longer had difficulties in breathing whenever there is dust or cold. Thanks be to this great and mighty God!!!!!

PS:. Not all men of God are anointing oil -totting preachers. It take a true Preacher to lid from God, give you instructions and follow it. I need to celebrate this healing in a big way. So other people should also know the healing power of this mighty God
Re: My Personal View On How God Answers Prayers by Seun(m): 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to write this out. It offers us a valuable glimpse into the mind of a sincere believer.

Jesuobu:
One of my prayers that God answers was how He healed me of my eye problem
What was the nature of the eye problem? What did you experience that made you feel that there was something wrong with your eye?

Another of my prayer that was answered was really in a dramatic way. I paid a visit to my friend through whom I got my conversion and when I got home, I noticed a sharp pain in one side of my stomach and anytime I tried to speak or eat the pain aggravates and forces me to shut my mouth so that the pain won’t continue.
When you experience such pains, you should go to a good hospital so that they can test you and find out what caused it and how to fix it.

I prayed severally but to no avail and even called my friend who I visited and he prayed over the phone but the pain still remain but surprisingly, when it was time for prayers again in the evening and as I attempted to start praying, the pain came up again

I could barely speak and quietly I said these words “Lord I can’t speak to You because of this pain. Please take it away so that I can speak to You better” and immediately the pain disappeared and I raised my voice and started praying in high frequency. When I finished praying, I took a deep breath and the pain was completely gone and never reoccurred even up to this very moment.
Prayer failed multiple times, but you kept praying until you experienced the inevitable relief, and then you recorded it as a success for prayer. You are like a man who woke up at 12 midnight and commanded the sun to rise. Nothing happened. He prayed at 2am. Nothing happened. He spoke in tongues until 5am, nothing happened. Then at 6am he sang his prayers, and the sun came up in that same hour. What a miracle!

The prayer which God answers through me are the once He instructs me to fix. I don’t pray aimlessly at any random person I see but solely follow the words and instructions of the Holy Spirit.
Can you honestly say that every sick person that God has ever instructed you to pray for got a miraculous healing? Surely God won't direct you to pray for a person knowing that due to your lack of faith or the person's lack of faith, the healing he asked you to pray for won't happen ...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Personal View On How God Answers Prayers by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
Seun:
Thanks for taking the time to write this out. It offers us a valuable glimpse into the mind of a sincere believer.

1.What was the nature of the eye problem? What did you experience that made you feel that there was something wrong with your eye?

2.When you experience such pains, you should go to a good hospital so that they can test you and find out what caused it and how to fix it.

3.Prayer failed multiple times, but you kept praying until you experienced the inevitable relief, and then you recorded it as a success for prayer. You are like a man who woke up at 12 midnight and commanded the sun to rise. Nothing happened. He prayed at 2am. Nothing happened. He spoke in tongues and until 5am, nothing happened. Then at 6am he sang his prayers, and the sun came up in that same hour. What a miracle!

4.Can you honestly say that every sick person that God has ever instructed you to pray for got a miraculous healing? Surely God won't direct you to pray for a person knowing that due to your lack of faith or the person's lack of faith, the healing he asked you to pray for won't happen ...

1. It was all detailed sometime ago in one if my previous posts. You can go read it here=> https://www.nairaland.com/3434054/how-healed-shortsightedness-god

2. My intention was to go for a check up the next day but didn't deem it necessary when the pain was miraculously healed. There was no way the pain could have stopped without medication or hospital visit if not for God's divine own intervention.

3. You made this assertion because of your complete lack of knowledge on the ways of God and how He does his things. Contrary to what people believe, God works in mysterious ways and works in ways we don't expect. A barren woman can remain barren for ten years after praying multiple times to God for fruit of the womb without response but God can open her womb the year that follows. The delays of God doesn't mean denials but one thing for sure for those who believe is that God will eventually answer their prayer no matter how long it takes or how many times they prayed.

4. The recipient lack of faith may not always be an hindrance for God to answer the prayer. People gifted with the gift of healing lay hands on anyone the Holy Spirit instruct them and they recover. All the people I was asked to pray for recovered but the healing doesn't come from me but from God and if God chooses not to heal someone I pray for, then who am I to argue when He has reason for everything and Knows what is best for the individual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Personal View On How God Answers Prayers by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 14, 2017
Thanks for this wonderful piece of edification @Jesuobu .I've had two medical conditions bothering me from childhood. One was my asthmatic condition and myopia. Funny enough I began to undergo them at a particular stage in my life. The myopia and asthma came while I was just about 7 and 9yrs old respectively.

I'd never thought I would experience such case in my life. Though , I was in sierraleone and the doctors discovered my asthmatic condition to be hereditary, both from my paternal and maternal side(mom n dad weren't asthmatic)..It was really wearisome. sometimes I felt choked and short of air (you know how that feels) . I could hardly sleep without crying. It was a terrible experience I had for close to 6yrs.

Each time I experienced it, I'd say to God "If I'm to die today, don't let me die with this condition. Lord help me". God heard me, shortly after I lost someone close to me. I couldn't afford an inhaler one time and I said " how long will go through this?" so I began to pray and since that time, I've never used an inhaler again and I don't know how it happened but I'm no longer asthmatic. It's been 2yrs now.

I'm still myopic, but I know my healing will come because God will do it, and of my faith in whom I believe in. He will glorify his name in my life ... It's through the mind of God that I knew this because he said his thoughts towards me are of Good and not of evil , to give me my expected end(the things I desire).
- Jeremiah29v11

You know , when you pray and you think God hasn't answered you yet, you begin to lose courage and trust in him when your situation or condition still lingers. It's not the will of God for you to suffer under your condition, but it's his will to deliver you and bring glory to his name through your condition. God actually heard you but he's a calculative God.

It's one thing to believe and another thing to have faith.
If you're lost, you'd say 'can God do it?' This means you don't believe , neither do you have faith. Also when you say ' will God do it?' It means you BELIEVE that God can but you don't have FAITH in him that he will do it.

But when you say 'God will do it'. This is to say that you have FAITH and you BELIEVE in him. This was already laid in the foundation of your heart. The bible says out of the abundance of the heart, his mouth speaketh [confession is made ]. (Luke6:45)

You know God can do it but you have to be patient and wait on the LORD. Say LORD ' Let your will be done, and let your name be glorified'.

Look at the case of the man that was blind from birth. He was born for the glory of the LORD. He only needed faith and a touch from God.(John9). The bible says , when the disciples saw the man, they asked Jesus what sin the man had committed to experience such case. But they never knew God created this man for this day.

John9 v 3 -5) Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

[4] I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

[5] As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

The bible says in vs 6, he[Jesus] spat on the ground , made clay and anointed his eyes. In vs 7 he was instructed by Jesus to was his eyes at Siloam pool and he began to SEE again. Hallelujah!

What about the man at the gate of beautiful who was lame from birth? (Acts 3) He was also created for the glorification of the LORD.

Peter actually had money on him. In those days, if you were actually going to the temple, at least you must have something to give as an offering or tithe and some extra for miscellaneous. But he spoke under the inspiration of God the holy spirit saying "silver and Gold I have not, but such as I have, I give to you" (Acts3 v 6).

God does not give you money to help you. What he gives you is supernatural help. The bible said the lame man got up and began to leap and sing and praise God with Joy (Acts 3 v8).

God did something there. Peter and John came to the city to preach Christ, but the people there were unbelievers. For them to believe , God created that man to bring glorification and also to stir up the faith in them, so they will be expectant of what he will offer them divinely. (Acts3 v11-13)..

Believe and have faith in the Lord, seek him diligently and let his will be done in your life. It will all bring glory to heaven and your people will rejoice with you.

psalm 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Shalom..
Re: My Personal View On How God Answers Prayers by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 14, 2017
Jacksonville:
Thanks for this wonderful piece of edification @Jesuobu .I've had two medical conditions bothering me from childhood. One was my asthmatic condition and myopia. Funny enough I began to undergo them at a particular stage in my life. The myopia and asthma came while I was just about 7 and 9yrs old respectively.

I'd never thought I would experience such case in my life. Though , I was in sierraleone and the doctors discovered my asthmatic condition to be hereditary, both from my paternal and maternal side(mom n dad weren't asthmatic)..It was really wearisome. sometimes I felt choked and short of air (you know how that feels) . I could hardly sleep without crying. It was a terrible experience I had for close to 6yrs.

Each time I experienced it, I'd say to God "If I'm to die today, don't let me die with this condition. Lord help me". God heard me, shortly after I lost someone close to me. I couldn't afford an inhaler one time and I said " how long will go through this?" so I began to pray and since that time, I've never used an inhaler again and I don't know how it happened but I'm no longer asthmatic. It's been 2yrs now.

I'm still myopic, but I know my healing will come because God will do it, and of my faith in whom I believe in. He will glorify his name in my life ... It's through the mind of God that I knew this because he said his thoughts towards me are of Good and not of evil , to give me my expected end(the things I desire).
- Jeremiah29v11

You know , when you pray and you think God hasn't answered you yet, you begin to lose courage and trust in him when your situation or condition still lingers. It's not the will of God for you to suffer under your condition, but it's his will to deliver you and bring glory to his name through your condition. God actually heard you but he's a calculative God.

It's one thing to believe and another thing to have faith.
If you're lost, you'd say 'can God do it?' This means you don't believe , neither do you have faith. Also when you say ' will God do it?' It means you BELIEVE that God can but you don't have FAITH in him that he will do it.

But when you say 'God will do it'. This is to say that you have FAITH and you BELIEVE in him. This was already laid in the foundation of your heart. The bible says out of the abundance of the heart, his mouth speaketh [confession is made ]. (Luke6:45)

You know God can do it but you have to be patient and wait on the LORD. Say LORD ' Let your will be done, and let your name be glorified'.

Look at the case of the man that was blind from birth. He was born for the glory of the LORD. He only needed faith and a touch from God.(John9). The bible says , when the disciples saw the man, they asked Jesus what sin the man had committed to experience such case. But they never knew God created this man for this day.

John9 v 3 -5) Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

[4] I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

[5] As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

The bible says in vs 6, he[Jesus] spat on the ground , made clay and anointed his eyes. In vs 7 he was instructed by Jesus to was his eyes at Siloam pool and he began to SEE again. Hallelujah!

What about the man at the gate of beautiful who was lame from birth? (Acts 3) He was also created for the glorification of the LORD.

Peter actually had money on him. In those days, if you were actually going to the temple, at least you must have something to give as an offering or tithe and some extra for miscellaneous. But he spoke under the inspiration of God the holy spirit saying "silver and Gold I have not, but such as I have, I give to you" (Acts3 v 6).

God does not give you money to help you. What he gives you is supernatural help. The bible said the lame man got up and began to leap and sing and praise God with Joy (Acts 3 v8).

God did something there. Peter and John came to the city to preach Christ, but the people there were unbelievers. For them to believe , God created that man to bring glorification and also to stir up the faith in them, so they will be expectant of what he will offer them divinely. (Acts3 v11-13)..

Believe and have faith in the Lord, seek him diligently and let his will be done in your life. It will all bring glory to heaven and your people will rejoice with you.

psalm 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Shalom..

Nice one. Challenges is one thing God uses to draw us close to Him. I personally had bouts of sickness that resulted to regular and constant breakdown but now everything ceased after finding Jesus and that is why anyone who tells me there is no God, I just shake my head and laugh at him because God has revealed His existence to me in so many ways.

(1) (Reply)

Can These Great Questions Ever Be Answered / Alcoholic The Only Diseases That Is Sold In Bottles / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/05/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.