Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work (1176 Views)

Buhari Back To Continue Good Work, Leadership – APDA / Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 3:13am On Feb 14, 2017
ABUJA- A telephone conversation between President Muhammadu Buhari and President Donald Trump of the United States, yesterday, appeared to have squelched anxieties about the health of the Nigerian president and also refreshed hopes for increased American support for the country’s anti-insurgency war. Buhari and Trump The telephone conversation, which was at the instance of President Trump, was part of the new American President’s familiarisation efforts with world leaders. Trump spoke with Buhari on a dedicated phone line routed to Abuja House, the London official residential building of the Nigeria Embassy, where Buhari is spending his medical vacation.

A further claim of Buhari being in fine fettle was given by Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State, who confirmed visiting the President in London.

Besides confirming that Buhari was doing fine, Amosun refused to give more indications on the state of the President. Anxiety over the president’s health assumed renewed national concern at the weekend after the President failed to return to the country, despite claims from associates that he had finished his medical examination and was expected back  last weekend.

The unease was heightened by revelations that the letter to the President of the Senate, Senator Bukola Saraki, in which the President asked for an extension of his medical vacation did not give a precise date for his return. The President was quoted to have said that he would return only after getting the official clearance from his London doctors.

A statement from the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina on the conversation between Buhari and Trump, stated that the  “conversation was cordial and President Buhari congratulated Trump on his election as President of the United States, and on his cabinet.

” The statement added that the “two leaders discussed ways to improve cooperation in the fight against terrorism through provision of necessary equipment.” It further stated that “President Trump encouraged President Buhari to keep up the good work he is doing, and also commended him for the efforts made in rescuing 24 of the Chibok girls and the strides being taken by the Nigerian military.

” Trump “assured the Nigerian President of US readiness to cut a new deal in helping Nigeria in terms of military weapons to combat terrorism.” The American President also invited Buhari to Washington “at a mutually convenient date.

” Also, yesterday, Governor Amosun confirmed that President Buhari was fine. Speaking to newsmen on the sidelines of an event at Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta, Amosun confirmed visiting the President in London.

He, however, did not give the time of the visit or confirm if the picture recently circulated of the two of them emanated from that encounter.

“Yes it is true I visited our President in London, and he is doing fine. If you ask me pointedly whether I saw him or not, yes I did, and that is the only thing that I can say. And, of course, you can see he is very well; he is okay. So, I don’t know what else you want me to say,” Mr. Amosun said.

Asked how the President looked when he saw him, the governor threw back the question to the journalists, saying the President’s media team was in a better position to speak for the President. “I am not one of the spokespersons of Mr. President; so it will be out of place for me to talk on that.

But then, they are doing their job, and you’ve listened to all that they have said,” Governor Amosun said.  

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/trump-encourages-buhari-keep-good-work/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:17am On Feb 14, 2017
Which good work?
Lavishing poor Nigerians tax payers money in London all in the name of medical vacation while budgeting millions to aso rock clinic..

By empowering the Fulani herdsmen to reck havoc across the country and ransack Christian villages at will

By using anti graft agencies to bully perceived opposition and all the unconstitutional media trials

By impoverishing the poorest of the poor with archaic economic policies... Never have we heard of Nigerians committing suicide because of hunger until now...

The cabal have taken over from the ailing man... We are back to square one
Youths take your country back
#istandwithnigeria
EnoughisEnough

6 Likes

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by jesse8048(m): 3:18am On Feb 14, 2017
Good work kwa....? Lol cheesy
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 3:20am On Feb 14, 2017
Pmb I didn't just like you.

Your way of life endear you to me

Your principles, sincerity, discipline, Accountability, uncorruptible, loving heart above all simple way of life

We are if different faith and tribe one thing first that is paramount is we are human being first, we are Nigerians

You are my mentor

God bless you sire

I really appreciate you

God bless muhammadu Buhari

God bless federal Republic of Nigeria

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Nobody: 3:20am On Feb 14, 2017
The Good work of keeping Biafra in check. lol

1 Like

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 3:22am On Feb 14, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:
Which good work

So now Wailers have agreed to that baba is alive ?

They have also agreed to that trump spoke with baba.

Wailers camp is presently in total disarray

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Thecassanova: 3:27am On Feb 14, 2017
Sarrk no they sleep. 24/7 praising his mentor on NL.
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 3:29am On Feb 14, 2017
Thecassanova:

Bro

For once I can call someone my mentor

I really mean it

I respect baba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Standing5(m): 3:37am On Feb 14, 2017
What of the not-so-good works? Asslicking is when you give a politician 100%.
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Thecassanova:
If na you dey collect pay per post
To defend the indefensible

Tell me how u go sleep?
For this recession grin

Sarrki fire on... Na your time
Mentor my left yan*h cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Thecassanova: 3:41am On Feb 14, 2017
sarrki:

Bro

For once I can call someone my mentor

I really mean it

I respect baba

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:42am On Feb 14, 2017
deji15:
The Good work of keeping Biafra in check. lol
That one na really ur nightmare
The thoughts of Igbos leaving you

Hahaha.... grin grin
Oya sleep... Sai one Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by jiinxed: 4:27am On Feb 14, 2017
Y'all might think this is funny, but I think this sarrki guy needs medical attention.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by omenkaLives(m): 5:12am On Feb 14, 2017
sarrki:

So now Wailers have agreed to that baba is alive ?

They have also agreed to that trump spoke with baba.

Wailers camp is presently in total disarray
cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:17am On Feb 14, 2017
But Buhari is on AWOL
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by blackpanda: 5:18am On Feb 14, 2017
[s]
KidsNEXTdoor:
Which good work?
Lavishing poor Nigerians tax payers money in London all in the name of medical vacation while budgeting millions to aso rock clinic..

By empowering the Fulani herdsmen to reck havoc across the country and ransack Christian villages at will

By using anti graft agencies to bully perceived opposition and all the unconstitutional media trials

By impoverishing the poorest of the poor with archaic economic policies... Never have we heard of Nigerians committing suicide because of hunger until now...

The cabal have taken over from the ailing man... We are back to square one
Youths take your country back
#istandwithnigeria
EnoughisEnough
[/s]

Spoken like a true wailer

I didn't hear u complain when someone stole $151million. Rather u want to blame the person that's making efforts to retrieve all loot and punish the thieves. You try! Efcc should not only bully the looters, infact break their heads !! Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 5:30am On Feb 14, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

I didn't hear u complain when someone stole $151million. Rather u want to blame the person that's making efforts to retrieve all loot and punish the thieves. You try! Efcc should not only bully the looters, infact break their heads !! Rubbish

He his sire

They are running in different directions presently

There camp is on fire
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 5:31am On Feb 14, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:
But Buhari is on AWOL

So baba is alive then ?
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 14, 2017
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by DaudaAbu(m): 6:30am On Feb 14, 2017
Phone call of ending recession?

What is the biggie?
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 7:23am On Feb 14, 2017
DaudaAbu:
Phone call of ending recession?

What is the biggie?

The biggie is to show wailers that there Intel is false
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by ajepako(f): 7:35am On Feb 14, 2017
sarrki:

Your principles, sincerity, discipline, Accountability, uncorruptible, loving heart above all simple way of life

We are if different faith and tribe one thing first that is paramount is we are human being first, we are Nigerians

You are my mentor

God bless you sire

I really appreciate you

Aburo ....why don't you for once get you mouth off buhari 's ass?

It smells badly like all other people you know?

And one day he is going to leave and then sordid and ugly details about him would emerge and you will find out his shiiit stinks worse than anyone's..

Good morning

2 Likes

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2017
Thecassanova:

He has the right to even though he goes over board sometimes, and after all he has never begged you to renew his subscription for him has he?
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 14, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

so only PDP loyalists loots abi?, All APC zombies are innocent?

1 Like

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 7:51am On Feb 14, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

He has the right to even though he goes over board sometimes, and after all he has never begged you to renew his subscription for him has he?

God bless you sire

We won't back down

We stand resolute to our course

We ate patriots
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 14, 2017
sarrki:

You are my mentor

God bless you sire

I really appreciate you

My man sarrki...
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 14, 2017
desquad:
so only PDP loyalists loots abi?, All APC zombies are innocent?

See as you're defending PDP but if its a poor man u will support jungle justice saying "stealing is bad"

grin
Comot for road. Sarrki I dey your back.
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by sarrki(m): 7:55am On Feb 14, 2017
IpobExposed:

My man sarrki...

I hail you sire

Appreciate your contribution to national development

God bless you sire

Don't be deter
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 14, 2017
IpobExposed:

See as you're defending PDP but if its a poor man u will support jungle justice saying "stealing is bad"

grin
Comot for road. Sarrki I dey your back.
I'm siding nobody, but how come the fight for corruption is one sided?
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:58am On Feb 14, 2017
grin
sarrki:

God bless you sire

We won't back down

We stand resolute to our course

We ATE patriots

Ah....mo gbe! Cannibalism? So you were the one that ATE most of the patriots on this forum? No wonder you were made the oba!

Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by Jengem: 7:59am On Feb 14, 2017
sad angry shocked

Trump is racist. He wants Buhari to impoverish many millions of black men to add to the millions already impoverished under the change agenda
Re: Trump Encourages Muhammadu Buhari To Keep Up The Good Work by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:18am On Feb 14, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Spoken like a certified zombie
Who is stoping EFCC from prosecuting looters
All these media rasmatazz won't lead us anywhere
It's just to deceive the gullible

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Soon Go For Coal To Light Up Country 24/24hrs Non Stop! / Mass Transit Scheme Is Doomed To Fail In Kwara / Nnamdi Kanu Now New Igbo Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.