Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker (10809 Views)

19 Northern Pastors To Buhari: We Will Expose Our Colleagues Working Against You / John Campbell Denies Working For Buhari, Expresses Worry Over NNPC Scandal / Governor Amosun Tells Aisha Alhassan To Resign For Working Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by ijustdey: 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
Sinimbut who was also the spokesperson of Dogara Campaign Organisation alleged that he was accused by other Dogara''s aides of working against his interest and siding with his opponents, an allegation he denies.

By Balarabe Alkassim, Bauchi

A senior legislative aide to the Speaker House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, Zakariah Yasan Sinimbut has resigned.

He announced his decision to resign in a chat with journalists in Bauchi.

Sinimbut who was also the spokesperson of Dogara Campaign Organisation alleged that he was accused by other Dogara's aides of working against his interest and siding with his opponents, an allegation he denies.

He said that the problem started when he invited a former member of the state House of Assembly representing Bogoro constituency, Rifkatu Samson Bebi to join the‎ All Progressives Congress ( APC) after leaving the PDP.

According to him, his call to the former state lawmaker‎ was interpreted by some people close to the speaker as undermining his political machinery in his constituency which comprises of Bogoro, Tafawa Balewa and Dass.

"I have been working with the speaker with all honesty and I have never worked against any of his interest.‎ It is a known fact that the APC doesn't have a house member in Bogoro, because we did not win the election there.

"When Honourable Rifkatu Samson Bebi left the PDP, as a member of the APC, I invited her to join the APC and contribute as she has done in the PDP. That was what caused the problem for me," he said.

Sinimbut said that he was invited to the office of Dogara's adviser on constituency matters where he was told that the speaker has allegedly ordered for the termination of appointment for promoting the former lawmaker.‎

The Speaker's aide further added that he was also accused of working in cohoot with the state government and the state APC leadership which have been at loggerheads with the speaker for a long time.

"The state government has never invited me for anything nor do I go to them for anything. I should have even apologise to them because I have been speaking against them in my attempt to protect the speaker's interest which I do with all sense of commitment. There is nothing more discouraging than for one to be doing what is not appreciated. That is why I decided to resign my appointment and stop working for Dogara,” he added.‎

"So in my capacity as the spokesperson of Dogara Campaign Organisation, member Planning and Steering Committee and a Senior Legislative Aide working for him at the National Assembly, I have resigned from the job," he added.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/dogara-s-aide-resigns-denies-working-against-the-speaker/185171.html

Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by veekid(m): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2017
Only if Dogara and others could also resign as well

1 Like

Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by Terror666(m): 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
i expect Dogara to follow suit

1 Like

Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by MakeADifference: 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
If you see my people ...
Tell them say o ...
I dey for London ...
I no get problem ...

It is because of issues and problems like these that PMB is "sick of home" aka homesick according to Garba
Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by buddydoze(m): 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
Abeg save your dignity jare. No time for iregbe...He said...they said...she said...I said...

1 Like

Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by theophorus(m): 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
...My mind said He's guilty as ...
Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by mickeyrova(m): 2:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
Let them continue to resign..Karma is coming!

By the way,have you downloaded the latest hot super pop single in town?
Download by clicking the link in my signature!
Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by spartan50(m): 2:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
ASPCA is gradually falling apart.. This party has too much self interest and the masses are suffering it.. We need to be proactive in the next election for our own interests..
Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by poiZon: 2:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
how i wish na baba dullard from daura resign, e for really make dis valentine in za oza room splurfic.

When dat illiterate go resign?
Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by Micah360(m): 2:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
Terror666:
i expect Dogara to follow suit
Resign .. Are u kiddin me?
Guys like dis only resign @ gunpoint.. Ask Audu Ogbeh grin

1 Like

Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by tafrica(m): 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
theophorus:
...My mind said He's guilty as ...

Your mind tells you that because "resign" is alien to you and to average Nigerians.

What the man did was the right thing to do, why continuing working where you are no more trusted and needed?

2 Likes

Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by piperson(m): 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
hello

Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by Kesmakveli(m): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
Complicated Story line ..
Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by ajiifixing(m): 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
My guy wan go blow whistle.

Osheeyyy....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by yosla: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
...he resigned to go and blow the whistle
Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by GOFRONT(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
Wait oo.....okay.....Pls keep d whistle sound comin
Re: Dogara's Aide, Zakariah Sinimbut Resigns, Denies Working Against The Speaker by johnjay4u2u(m): 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Good radiance

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha, Others Scramble To Take Credit Over Released IPOB Women - Vanguard / Adamawa Gubernatorial: PDP Protesters Demand Continuation Of Collation / I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.