Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,590 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal (21172 Views)

The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers / Abba Kyari Inserted 'Coordinator' Clause In Buhari’s Letter To NASS / Auditor-general Uncovers N2bn Fraud In N/assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by refreshrate: 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ajibel:

The budget/ finance minister isn't there to defend the budget because it is the budget of Fashola's ministry and he is the one to be there to defend it.

Here is what you dont understand sir from what I learnt about budget preparations, the Minister in this case prepares his ministries budget, goes through it and if satisfied then submits it to the Budget ministry for onward preparations. After the minister has submitted the budget proposal of his ministry, it wont be returned to him to do any further cross-check if anything was added at the budget office or finance ministry therefore, he wont be able to defend whatever has been inserted because the insertions are not there for him to cross-check.

Personally, I would wonder why they didnt communicate with him about the insertions because from the article, it was obvious Fashola wasnt aware of what the line item is about.

Bro, one question for you. When Fashola says he doesnt sign cheques, has anyone even from the opposition come out to say he is lying? Have you ever worked in the government to know how contracts are awarded and who signs cheques?

Fashola is the face of APC. Dont you think PDP would have capitalised on that statement to rubbish him. Let's not argue on what we dont know about. It is possible, he doesnt sign cheques. That's not the issue here though.

It is my responsibility to know how these thigns wrok because I may find myself there or you may or any of your relative. So it's better to understand before criticising sir.

I hope I have done justice to your comments.

Sebi they've written letter to invite finance minister ?

Let's wait oga.

I will remind you then.
Till then let's just chill biko, time has already gone
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by Ajibel(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
refreshrate:

Yes it's true

Even the 78 million for website the other time no be him do am

It's okay if you dont like Fashola. Pick and feed and recycle his flaws all the time, the man is doing his best for the country. That's why the NASS is there to make changes and point out things like this.

What would you or I have done if the matter was swept under the carpet?

Just give credit that this government and the legislature has raised the bar in budget defense and process and stop going back to the past.

Good night sir.
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by Ajibel(m): 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
refreshrate:

Sebi they've written letter to invite finance minister ?

Let's wait oga.

I will remind you then.
Till then let's just chill biko, time has already gone

Yup they have and I am expecting their defense. It's what I was waiting for because I wanted to hear from both sides before commenting but I had to set things straight because NLers can be misled with few mis-information posted here.

Dont be surprised if the Finance minister's defense doesnt get much media attention.

Do you remember when Premium times accused Fash of illegally awarding contracts to the tune of #150 billion or so? The news trended and many blasted Fash as corrupt.

Fash wrote a letter and defended himself but did that make the headlines? No

Point is, whatever paints this government in bad light grabs more attention and feedbacks.
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by Ajibel(m): 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
ayobamiakinrind:

Let someone insert cocaine into your bag, then tell NDLEA that it's not yours. Some people are just so gullible, who's the principal accountant of the ministry? Who's the overseer?

You are comparing two different things here sir.

If someone inserts cocaine into my bag, it is either I am aware or careless to have let my bags be tampered with. But there could be an evidence to show that I wasnt the one who inserted the cocaine if there is a CCTV camera.

In this case of Fash, he prepared a budget for his ministry, he sends it to the budget office who now makes the final preparations and hand it over to the President for onward presentation to the NASS. Once the minister sends his budget proposal to the budget office, it doesnt return to him for another cross-check. Therefore, the budget office or finance ministry might have done the insertion without the consent of the Minister. Good a thing there is an opportunity to call on the Finance office to explain the insertions.

Thanks sir.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by refreshrate: 12:04am On Feb 16, 2017
Ajibel:

Yup they have and I am expecting their defense. It's what I was waiting for because I wanted to hear from both sides before commenting but I had to set things straight because NLers can be misled with few mis-information posted here.

Dont be surprised if the Finance minister's defense doesnt get much media attention.

Do you remember when Premium times accused Fash of illegally awarding contracts to the tune of #150 billion or so? The news trended and many blasted Fash as corrupt.

Fash wrote a letter and defended himself but did that make the headlines? No

Point is, whatever paints this government in bad light grabs more attention and feedbacks.

I believe the word you're looking for is "karma"
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 16, 2017
`

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by 2016v2017: 3:02am On Feb 16, 2017
johnbuck81:
and d political EFCC would keep a blind eye and act dumb.
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by 2016v2017: 3:03am On Feb 16, 2017
mrsfavour:
When the 2016 major padders were not prosecuted and PMB is away and he is in APC,what do u expect ? God is watching them.
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by comos: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2017
Fashola and Co,
they have started padding budget again
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by juliebest(f): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2017
the incorruptible saints
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by Splashme: 9:00am On Feb 16, 2017
johnbuck81:
and d political EFCC would keep a blind eye and act dumb.
Re: Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal by senitorspeaker(m): 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
Mtchewww I taya for this government imagine a core member of ' we r fighting corruption' is doing everytin possible to steal 2b choiii. Where is minister of lies and culture? Pls we need him to school fashola on hw to escape this unpaned mess he is involved in... And nw EFCC will nt exist in here o cos his one of d sons of daddy who's on flexing another mans hux

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jim Agbaje Tells CNN Why He Wants To Govern Africa's Most Populous City, Lagos / Floods: Bode George Re-Echoes Obi’s Call To Halt Campaigns / APC’s Bago Wins Niger Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.