Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Is The Ethnical Group/ Tribe Factor The Biggest Cause Of Divisions In Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Ethnical Group/ Tribe Factor The Biggest Cause Of Divisions In Africa? (685 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge / Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Ethnical Group/ Tribe Factor The Biggest Cause Of Divisions In Africa? by Caramelia(f): 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2009
Would the Tribe factor be the cause of slow progress in our Continent? We are very much aware of our wealth in resources so poverty and famine could be erased in the future if we worked towards this

The Ethnical issues vary from being Comical (This tribe have bigger ears than this one), Petty, (This Tribe are prettier than the other) Outrageous (I’m not employing you despite the fact you are qualified for the job because I can’t stand your tribe) and Tragic (we will be wiping out your whole tribe in the next Coup you wait!!) South, Central, East & West African Nations have had conflicts, tension, wars and fight for power.

The common denominator has always been Ethnical differences. Imagine waking up one day and each African nation spoke one language. The Language of Unity!!

It’s getting redundant by the minute with the media in the western world claiming they know us better than we do. I believe we have shaken the colonial mentality off. Or have we?
Re: Is The Ethnical Group/ Tribe Factor The Biggest Cause Of Divisions In Africa? by Coco29(f): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
NO! I think Afrika need to look at their pass to find a solution to their division problem.

for eg you write AFRICA WHEN THE ORIGINAL SPELLING IS AFRIKA there is a lot more in our past that could correct the future if we give a sh*t to look for them.

funny enough Marcus Garvey who was jamaican knew more about Afrika than born afrikans
Re: Is The Ethnical Group/ Tribe Factor The Biggest Cause Of Divisions In Africa? by Caramelia(f): 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2009
I appreciate your view on this, Afri[b]k[/b]a or Afri[b]c[/b]a you definitely understand where I'm talking about that's what's vital, The Motherland

(1) (Reply)

What Happen To The Topic / Another Nigerian Arrested : Amsterdam -detroit Route / Lets Make Nigeria Great.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.