Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer (17661 Views)

$195M Contract: Reps Give Amaechi 72 Hours To Produce Documents / Youth Empowerment: Ortom Gives N5,000 Each To 20,000 Youths To Startup Business / Ortom Gives Toyota Prado To First Class Chiefs In Benue (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by do4luv14(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
These Agatu people sef.

I remember when it was almost a taboo to touch or harm a representative of the Federal Government. I remember when putting on the Military,Police, NYSC Uniforms is a source of safety for those that put them on.

Sadly, you become a prime target for killing these days if you put on any kind of Uniform. In Rivers State, they did not only kill the Police Officer, but they stole his head, as if his head contained GOLD and buried a WHOLE Vehicle.

The Governor got this one right.

The Agatu people should produce the killers of the Soldier, or the town should permanently remain a ghost town.

wat did you expect Wen they were being gutted lik fish by those bloody herdsmen, where were the military, wat Ws the reaction of the Sam ORTOM?, and most importantly dose our soldiers are the cause of many a fight btw Dem and youths

3 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by CRAPHA96(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2017
this olodo fathom orthopedic abi na orthom be forming one Nigerian cry

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Bigii(m): 10:45am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
These Agatu people sef.

I remember when it was almost a taboo to touch or harm a representative of the Federal Government. I remember when putting on the Military,Police, NYSC Uniforms is a source of safety for those that put them on.

Sadly, you become a prime target for killing these days if you put on any kind of Uniform. In Rivers State, they did not only kill the Police Officer, but they stole his head, as if his head contained GOLD and buried a WHOLE Vehicle.

The Agatu people should produce the killers of the Soldier, or the town should permanently remain a ghost town.

Those soldiers have done more harm than fulani herdsmen. They are no nolonger doing what they were posted there for. Do u think there are no soldiers when those herdsmen always come to attack with this, the remaining soldiers will learn from this incident. RIP to the dead.

Gov. Otorm is a GOAT!
Gov. Otorm is an Ugly dwarf!
Gov. Otorm is the worse gov on earth. A local champion!

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Dicksonpal: 10:46am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
These Agatu people sef.

u R a nitwit sire, where were the uniformed personnel when the agatu community was razed down.. Which kind peace keeping be dis one

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Day169: 10:48am On Feb 16, 2017
..but months after the Agatu were massacred by herdsmen, he is yet to produce not even one of them.

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by PrinceOgun: 10:48am On Feb 16, 2017
leofab:
you are useless to the core? Is it the community that will produce the killer ? Clap for yourself dundeee... you are saying is a robbery incident takes place in your neighborhood that it's okay for the police to give everybody in the street an ultimatum to produce the perpetrators ?

TRUE TALK......dat hungerbad dude is really afflicted with extreme HUNGER

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by LoveJesus87(m): 10:51am On Feb 16, 2017
leofab:
you are useless to the core? Is it the community that will produce the killer ? Clap for yourself dundeee... you are saying is a robbery incident takes place in your neighborhood that it's okay for the police to give everybody in the street an ultimatum to produce the perpetrators ?
Thank you jare

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by africanusvu(m): 10:51am On Feb 16, 2017
adadike281:
I don't think dis gov is ok. The soldiers killed 6 in retaliation and you still have d guts to demand for the civilian that killed a soldier. Otum pls take a clue from gov obiano of anambra and his ebonyi counterpart and d brutalised cripple
,My sis the man is a coward.he is realy Otugi.

5 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by babooshka: 10:51am On Feb 16, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

Never knew ur brain can function this low, IF they fail to carry out investigation to fish out the perpetrators, they should sack a whole village of almost 1000 people....and you think u are making sense..

Indeed education is a waste in this part of the world cos some brain are limited to think by default.
d person's name is hungerbad, lol, him brain dey hungry, no 2 vex 4 am.

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by UltraLeslie: 10:53am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
These Agatu people sef.

The need to be first to comment sometimes leaves you without sense.

Take a look at your statement again.

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 16, 2017
freeze001:
Nigeria! This country is such a shithole!

What is the role of the police and investigative agencies if they cannot do their jobs efficiently and identify killers? The governor ought to be giving the police that deadline to do their jobs and not harass or threaten citizens of the state!

The Army in its usual brash form has attacked his people and murdered some for this same reason, rather than rebuke them and demand an investigation and some form of restitution for his people, he is beating the man who's already down, to what end? Has he demanded the fulanis to produce those who have been attacking Benue state? What a shame!

He is actually trying to protect his people. Have you heard about what happened in Odi, Bayelsea state in 1999 when the army took it off Google maps? Reprisal is part of army doctrine. And in this case it is special forces.

By making the statement he hopes to assert civil control over the situation.

Whatever may have happened there, tit for tat murder is a highway to Armageddon. Let us encourage peace to reign. There is no progress without it.
Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:57am On Feb 16, 2017
babooshka:
d person's name is hungerbad, lol, him brain dey hungry, no 2 vex 4 am.
The guy has many followers in this forum but am suprise his brain function this low

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by franksam2009: 11:02am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
These Agatu people sef.

. My G, am just wondering!! do you reason from the anüs?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by UltraLeslie: 11:14am On Feb 16, 2017
greenpasture:

He is actually trying to protect his people. Have you heard about what happened in Odi, Bayelsea state in 1999 when the army took it off Google maps? Reprisal is part of army doctrine. And in this case it is special forces.

Whatever may have happened there, tit for tat murder is a highway to Armageddon. Let us encourage peace to reign. There is no progress without it.

@ the emboldened, how is reprisal of civilians in a community part of military doctrine? This is how you miseducate people with ignorance and complete lack of facts.

In military doctrine, Cold-blooded murder is a crime even against ENEMY forces when they are defenceless, let alone civilians.

Last month an Israeli soldier was court-martialed and given life imprisonment for killing a Pakistani terrorist who stabbed and actually intended to kill the soldier and his colleague.

A few years ago, a terrorist of Nigerian descent killed a British army officer which was watched on CCTV live. Not one British army came to the scene or came out to haunt the killer of their colleague.

It was simply a police affair treated as a crime.

People like you encourage indiscipline and unprofessional conducts within the Nigeria army by just being ignorant.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by freeze001(f): 11:21am On Feb 16, 2017
greenpasture:

He is not protecting his people but rather setting them up for more plunder and destruction. He is letting them know they're on their own. Is it not an anomaly that citizens have to be protected from the Army that is sworn to protect them? Why is it even remotely acceptable that the Army can freely come and murder civilians at will because one of theirs was killed? The Army has already done that and 6 people have been reported dead at the hands of the Army so what protection are u really talking about?

How can u even assert the bold part? Reprisal? Against unarmed civilians? Is that the use of commensurate force? Reprisal is premeditated criminal conduct in case you don't know. Which rule or law authorises d armed forces to attack civilians as an act of vengeance?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by jacko007(m): 11:28am On Feb 16, 2017
This man shouldnt even bother asking them, they should just prepare for the return of zaki ibiam 2.....i trust NA soldiers..
Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 16, 2017
Its high time idomas break from the shackles of the TIV's .see how "their governor" is setting them up for genocide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by jacko007(m): 11:31am On Feb 16, 2017
freeze001:

He is not protecting his people but rather setting them up for more plunder and destruction. He is letting them know they're on their own. Is it not an anomaly that citizens have to be protected from the Army that is sworn to protect them? Why is it even remotely acceptable that the Army can freely come and murder civilians at will because one of theirs was killed? The Army has already done that and 6 people have been reported dead at the hands of the Army so what protection are u really talking about?

How can u even assert the bold part? Reprisal? Against unarmed civilians? Is that the use of commensurate force? Reprisal is premeditated criminal conduct in case you don't know. Which rule or law authorises d armed forces to attack civilians as an act of vengeance?

I will only give you a month from now, u will hear of an ugly outcome on this..
Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by aku626(m): 11:32am On Feb 16, 2017
Or?
Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Okpabana: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2017
Ortom, pay salary, you no fit pay. Provide security, you no fit. Agatu people go hussle for farm buy guns to protect themselves because you n FG failed to protect them. Now you don collabo with soldiers come pack the guns. Is it good, i asked you? The Thunder wey go fire you and those killer Herdsmen is coming from wurukum roundabout............jI ust learnt that it has passed railway crossing and heading towards CBN. Yeye Govnr.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by okamayamawocho: 11:37am On Feb 16, 2017
Otom.you are supporting fulani by sending soldisrs to Agatu.When fulani were killing Agatu with jet you were quiet .God is watching......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by freeze001(f): 11:38am On Feb 16, 2017
jacko007:

I will only give you a month from now, u will hear of an ugly outcome on this..

It is fůckïng wrong so stop acting like it's the proper and acceptable thing to be expected.

3 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by adonis89(m): 11:39am On Feb 16, 2017
I just hate sell outs

3 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by nwaanambra1(m): 11:42am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
[s]These Agatu people sef.

The Agatu people should produce the killers of the Soldier, or the town should permanently remain a ghost town.[/s]

in all honesty man, sometimes i wonder the kind of conscience you have. you act and reason like you are not human.

how did u and know and be so sure that it is not the fulanis who have taken over the village, are not the one that killed the soldier!

how can you be so certain that the agatus who are living in fear all day all night are the ones that killed the soldier!

why is no one asking what the soldier did that caused his death!

why is the governor, the nigerian army and peeps like you making it seem like soldiers are gods and are not supposed to be killed no matter what!

why are peeps like you, the governor and the soldiers breaking the law by harassing and intimidating an entire community because of the death of one soldier - the last time i checked, soldiers are still citizens and the death of any one of them in the hands of the civilian is expected to be investigated by the police and culprits brought to book in fair trial under a competent court of law!

the fulani terrorists have killed and are still killing lots of soldiers and police - why has such an ultimatum never been given to them or are some people above the law?

actually i think i now understand the hidden agenda! the fulanis are not able to conquer and kill all the agatu community so as to use their lands for grazing so the army is looking for reasons to send in troop to complete the clearance operation before handing over the lands to fulani for grazing of their cattle!

peeps like you and the governor are the reason why many call nigeria are zoo - but to me, zoo have rules, regulations and order thats why people can enter it and come out without being harmed!

you people has made this country to be more of an abattoir - go in and die! you guys are the butchers - the only ones enjoying the abattoir

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by countme12: 11:45am On Feb 16, 2017
How did they know that the soldier was killed by Agatu? If the Governor is competent, why don't He conducts a thorough investigation first! Agatu man can't try such a thing, in history such a thing has not happen in Agatu, mr Ortom be wise!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Theleutenant: 11:53am On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
These Agatu people sef.

typical yoruba muslim

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Idomapikin: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
Given ultimatum, wen herdsmen were busy killing innocent agatu no ultimatum were given. He can not accomplish his mission in Agatu either by hook or crook.(ortom uwi)

1 Like

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by donjahsy(m): 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
These Agatu people sef.

for your information, the ppl of Agatu has endured a long years of killings and pogrom in the hands of Fulani militias and nothing has been done about it and now guns are in there hands to protect themselves.

if justice was served when there ppl were killed all this wouldn't have happened.
Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
freeze001:

I used to be an idealist and I hear your passion for what is good and correct.

But you are speaking of what should be. Politics is the management of realities. We cannot change Nigeria with words but by addressing it's realities in practical steps that the largest number of people can buy into. Such steps might not be what we would choose, but failure due to an insistence on solutions that cannot address people's bias is a luxury we cannot afford.

To change this country we must choose the possible over the improbable while never forgetting the end goal is to will soon find ourselves at the shore.

The NPF and NA are killing machines. Have been from colonial times. Instead of fighting them engage and change them while recognizing their mental biases.

You have said nothing wrong but nothing you have said will work. Call me a coward or sell out but I have been engaged in changing human behaviour for over 25 years. There are no short cuts. Ortom did not make one call. He made several but this is the one that needs to be public.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by me69: 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2017
Re: Ortom Gives Agatu 72 Hours To Produce Soldier’s Killer by me69: 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Buhari’s Return In 2019 Will End In Tragedy" - Junaid Mohammed / Battle For 2023: Atiku, PDP Troubled As Wike's Opposition Rises / Okorocha Holds Thanksgiving To Mark His Return From Abroad - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.