Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC (30068 Views)

DSTV Shades Chelsea Over 6-0 Loss To Man City / Princess Shyngle Shades Michael Essien’s Wife For Moving Out Of His Home / EFCC Twitter Handle Replies Arsenal Fan ( Picture ) (2) (3) (4)

Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by Unbeliever(m): 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
btoks:

This wiki article will give you details!! Chelsea won the 1st division (highest league at time) in the 54/55 season.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954%E2%80%9355_Football_League#First_Division
I actually misunderstood your post. Yes they did win it once just like some other clubs now in the lower divisions. Chelsea's major success began recently. Talking about history, Liverpool, Manchester United, arsenal have bigger historical successes.
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by btoks: 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
jammyunn:
in the 50s, Chelsea won the top league in England once in the 54/55 season. But you said they won the highest in the 50s(1950-1959).

My original comment was a broad statement saying Chelsea had won the league in the past - I never specified how many times in the 50s.

I could also state that Blackburn won the league in the 90s, it doesn't mean they won it every season in the 90s.

(Replace highest with top )
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by jamalnation(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
pxalmydee:

English language is your problem.. it means Chelsea has no history in football
who told u i dont understand wat its means u should read and understand be quoting sum1 mchweeew
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by jammyunn(m): 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
btoks:

My original comment was a broad statement saying Chelsea had won the league in the past - I never specified how many times in the 50s.

I could also state that Blackburn won the league in the 90s, it doesn't mean they won it every season in the 90s.

(Replace highest with top )
you said they won the HIGHEST league in the 50s. That implies that they won the highest number of league titles during that period. You can go back to your original comment and read it again except you've edited it.
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by jammyunn(m): 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
btoks:
Chelsea won the highest English league in the 50s. That is history if you ask me!
this is your original comment.
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by btoks: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
jammyunn:
this is your original comment.

I didn't say highest number of league titles.

I was using highest as a synonym for 'top'. As I couldn't remember what the top league was called.

In essence, Chelsea won the top (highest)league in the past.

Read the first line of this article for the use of highest. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_champions
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by jammyunn(m): 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
btoks:

I didn't say highest number of league titles.

I was using highest as a synonym for 'top'. As I couldn't remember what the top league was called.

In essence, Chelsea won the top (highest)league in the past.

Read the first line of this article for the use of highest. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_champions

ok, got it now
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by kuuljay(m): 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
It means EFCC and football has nothing in common. ........ And to think I actually engage some of these nairalanders in debate is humiliating,does it mean this place is infested with half wit's and kids? Some interpretations are just hilariously dumb,thank God there are still smart ones though.I will liken the handle as an ivory tower gimmick, someone above 40 that's why younger fellows crack brains to understand him

Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by timilehin007(m): 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
jamalnation:

next time quote me with u brains
Cunt

I won't take u serious cux it's quite obvious that you are having issues understanding simple english...Whatever 'u brains' means anyway
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by 30card(m): 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
prettyboi1989:

nope he used the wrong phrase to describe not having a history of supporting chelsea. what is prerequisite of a science student, thats ma question
You still don't get it. Let me be explicit have you seen a science student being told he needs history to be in a science class?
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by Ksslib(m): 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
RobinHez:

nice one.

not many folks would get the drift. wink
Oga Sherlock Holmes, you got it wrong. The tweet implied that Chelsea - as a football club - has no history. Read it again, but this time around slowly.

If the handle meant otherwise - just like you guys have been trying to explain - then the choice of words and sentence-structure was wrong. It could have been said better.
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by Philascko77: 12:00am On Feb 17, 2017
PAY STORE is a unique and self-driven program.

It is a community of dedicated and honest people. It is created with the sole aim of giving the participants an opportunity to experience payments on a basic scheme that is mutually responsive to its members.

OPERATIONS:
* YOU PLEDGE 10,000 and get help of 20,000

*20,000 to get help of 40,000

All GH are due in 72 hours after pH.

We operate an account secure platform where account numbers are not required until requested by the persons getting help.

*Before payments are made please confirm from the admin.

*Pls note that all transactions are carried out in the Nigerian legal tender (naira).

Terms and Conditions include:
* Members must possess Nigerian bank accounts.

*WhatsApp is the modus operandi. All members should have WhatsApp.

*No payments should be made without confirmation by the admin.

*Payment is to be made within six (6) hours of allotment. Or else ur spot would be replaced with another.

*No exchange of banking details without the admins approval.

*Only serious minded people should join this community.

*Only persons with their cash ready to pay should identity for payment.

*Please use only your spare money.

Note:
This is the format required for providing help:
NAME/PHONE NUMBER/AMOUNT

We getting help at the stipulated time despite the level of pH because the administration is poised to pay with reserved funds.
That are derived from administration fees.

You are invited to this win_win group.

Please join via this link:
https:///C3j378IOfDDIOXPe0P0kAv
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by RobinHez(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2017
Ksslib:

Oga Sherlock Holmes, you got it wrong. The tweet implied that Chelsea - as a football club - has no history. Read it again, but this time around slowly.

If the handle meant otherwise - just like you guys have been trying to explain - then the choice of words and sentence-structure was wrong. It could have been said better.
I beg to differ sir Ksslib.

Let's go throught the sentence structure together...shall we?

Hey Ksslib, are you a chelsea fan?
Na...it's like READING THROUGH the PREREQUISITES of an engineering student; you will find no HISTORY.

"pre·req·ui·site\(ˌ)prē-ˈre-kwə-zət\
noun
: something that you officially must have or do before you can have or do something else ..."

History, in this context is a subject. And as an engineering student, you were not required to have a grade in history before you were taken in to the proffession.

He/she used the phrase "reading through....you wont find.." that implies that this observation is made from another party except himself. I.e. I am an engineering student, if you are to check my waec certificate you dont expect to see History in there do you?

also bear in mind, sir ksslib, that the handler is speaking for the organization (which is his/her job anyway,) so the statement was in no way reflective of the individual's stance on football fanaticism. They are a government organization charged with fighting financial crimes. They are not expected to concern themselves with issues not relevant to their job.

In summary, its just a polished expression of the popular phrase.. "wetin concern Agbero with overload..."

And yes, Chelsea does have an histroy. Every club does...super or subpar.
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by Ksslib(m): 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
RobinHez:

I beg to differ sir Ksslib.

Let's go throught the sentence structure together...shall we?

Hey Ksslib, are you a chelsea fan?
Na...it's like READING THROUGH the PREREQUISITES of an engineering student; you will find no HISTORY.

"pre·req·ui·site\(ˌ)prē-ˈre-kwə-zət\
noun
: something that you officially must have or do before you can have or do something else ..."

History, in this context is a subject. And as an engineering student, you were not required to have a grade in history before you were taken in to the proffession.

He/she used the phrase "reading through....you wont find.." that implies that this observation is made from another party except himself. I.e. I am an engineering student, if you are to check my waec certificate you dont expect to see History in there do you?

also bear in mind, sir ksslib, that the handler is speaking for the organization (which is his/her job anyway,) so the statement was in no way reflective of the individual's stance on football fanaticism. They are a government organization charged with fighting financial crimes. They are not expected to concern themselves with issues not relevant to their job.

In summary, its just a polished expression of the popular phrase.. "wetin concern Agbero with overload..."

And yes, Chelsea does have an histroy. Every club does...super or subpar.
Oga, Chelsea has no History. It's a common joke in football. Every ardent football fan got the joke.

He was asked if he's a Chelsea fan, not if he's a football fan. You get that?

Look at the reply he gave again. I have added the missing piece of the puzzle in brackets. Read it without the bracket.

Couldn't be (a Chelsea fan). It's (Being a Chelsea fan) is like reading through the prerequisites of a science student; you'll find no history.

But if you still don't agree, it's fine. I personally find analysing jokes awkward.
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by RobinHez(m): 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ksslib:

Oga, Chelsea has no History. It's a common joke in football. Every ardent football fan got the joke.

He was asked if he's a Chelsea fan, not if he's a football fan. You get that?

Look at the reply he gave again. I have added the missing piece of the puzzle in brackets. Read it without the bracket.

Couldn't be (a Chelsea fan). It's (Being a Chelsea fan) is like reading through the prerequisites of a science student; you'll find no history.

But if you still don't agree, it's fine. I personally find analysing jokes awkward.

equating history with success seems to be an odd thing to do, don't you agree?

oh well...analysing a joke truly is awkward.
Re: EFCC Twitter Handle Shades Chelsea FC by youngalex(m): 7:03am On Mar 08, 2017
adaifx:
Are you an igbo male living in Nigeria or outside nigeria. With a legitimate income of minimum of 250k and above, very single and above 34 years of age. Bros I just want to greet you because that is the spec our head of finance in my company is looking for grin she has rejected all my yoruba brothers.
hola

Musa Makes Pillars Debut In 5-2 Victory Over Dabo Babes / It's Not Coming Home Because Of Maguire: Iran Trolls England / Today Is Francisca Ordega's 30th Birthday.