Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. (10672 Views)

Urgent Help!! My Fiancee Is Now Addicted To Something Else. I Feel Very Sad / My Wife To Be Is Addicted To Her Phone / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2009
What does one look for on a online dating website? We have been dating for close to two years now and this is not the first time I have caught him sign up to online dating websites such as match.com or africanlove.com, sometimes even paying for the services. He denied all charges, protesting that it was his roommate but I am not dupe. It had stopped for a while but he has now gone back, signing up for 3-4 of them at the same time! What is he looking for? We live in different cities now…Is it that he is bored? Or Perhaps it is just to confirm that he’s still got it, Don’t know whether I should take this seriously…
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by Seun(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2009
Maybe he's not fully satisfied?  I advice you to start doing the same.  No harm in a little fishing.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2009
I was actually thinking of creating a profile on one of these sites, to be one of theses girls he chats to just to see what he's after,
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by jaybee3(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
ur b/f na yahoo yahoo boi
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by galatico(m): 12:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
jay bee:

your b/f na yahoo yahoo boi

It could be true!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2009
what is yahoo yahoo boi?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by honeric01(m): 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2009
very easy, get his id on these site, sign up too, then contact him and be an undercover, the truth'll come out asap.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
I have read a few of his messages…he usually ask them whether they would like to go out for a drink…flirts about how sexy their pics looks…I just refuse to believe that should one of these girls reply AND be available, he would have the heart or foolishness to actually go…
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by jaybee3(m): 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
olanna08:

what is yahoo yahoo boi?
look at it dis way, why would your b/f that resides in nigeria (my guess) sign up to sites and meet girls that live thousand miles away if not 4 the pretence of love and in turn defraud them afterwards.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2009
No he don’t live in Nigeria…we both reside in Europe…he got papers and cash…
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by jaybee3(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2009
yahoo yahoo ruled out.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by honeric01(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
then, maybe he's looking for a bigger fish, are you financially responsible to him or he's the one financially responsible to you?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by Bongoman1: 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2009
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2009
Financially speaking we are independent for each other…he used to be quite a womanizer until I “pacified” him as he likes to claims…I think he could be relapsing back to his old ways…
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by Positivity(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2009
Seun:

Maybe he's not fully satisfied?  I advice you to start doing the same.  No harm in a little fishing.

shocked shocked shocked

Won't that encourage and subsequently lead to cheating?

@ topic: What would make a guy do such?. . . . . He's simply not contented with you!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by honeric01(m): 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2009
olanna08:

Financially speaking we are independent for each other…he used to be quite a womanizer until I “pacified” him as he likes to claims…I think he could be relapsing back to his old ways…

maybe he wants to test new waters undecided getting bored i guess, try to spice things up, give him a wild and adventurous sex time.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by bjmighty(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2009
@@@ Poster, You have nothing to worry about girl. Your guy is just huztling on those dating sites. Calm down sweety!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by nethacker(m): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2009
@poster,call ur grandma and explain to her grin believe me she will have the antidote wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by chibenwa(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
wish antidote? its as simple as this.
let the guy be and you should be focused
in life my dear.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by Bongoman1: 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2009
You said he was a player before. . .so why you acting surprised? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by nethacker(m): 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

You said he was a player before. . .so why you acting surprised? undecided
honey just like me grin grin queen of KL kiss
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2009
Well I have always believed in second chances, he seemed to be reformed. Or perhaps I was too naïve and saw this just as a past time. If I had a bf and still put my profile on dating sites, it would mean that I am definitely seeking a way out…but then again, men entertain themselves different. I just hope that he does not act on it. If he physically meet up with them one thing can lead to another…
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by honeric01(m): 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
just be ready for it.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by foyeks2001(f): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2009
honeric01:

just be ready for it.

be ready dear
type his name on google and u shall see enough of him
talking from experience
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by honeric01(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2009
foyeks2001:

be ready dear
type his name on google and u shall see enough of him
talking from experience

just like i said, she should be ready for it.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2009
How do you prepare yourself to be cheated on? I guess I just needed to confirm that this is indeed uncommon behaviour. I do not know many women who would accept it, As for some flirting with another woman is already cheating!we’re not 19 anymore, when as a man you’re way past 30 there are types of entertainments you should leave behind. I am starting to be disillusioned with him. A balanced person does not wait until their partner falls asleep to go look for excitement online…
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by honeric01(m): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2009
olanna08:

How do you prepare yourself to be cheated on? I guess I just needed to confirm that this is indeed uncommon behaviour. I do not know many women who would accept it, As for some flirting with another woman is already cheating!we’re not 19 anymore, when as a man you’re way past 30 there are types of entertainments you should leave behind. I am starting to be disillusioned with him. A balanced person does not wait until their partner falls asleep to go look for excitement online…

well, since you know what he's doing, have u confronted him? and if not, then do that and if yes, what was his response?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by chika98: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
Poster

Why you're choosing to be ignorant about this is beyond me! You know he is online looking for women to cheat with still you are here asking questions. A man in a relationship has no buisness being online looking for women. He is showing you exactly the sort of husband he'll be in the future should you choose to marry him. You know what he is up to yet you are acting like you havent got a clue. Go on keep asking questions!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by olanna08: 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2009
Honeric
I have confronted him about it but he denied vehemently…said that his roommate has been using the same comp so it must be him…or perhaps his brother using his profile to cruise girls online. the very next day he had deleted everything only to start again a few months later thus the word addiction…

Chika
A girl will refuse to see till reality slaps blindness out of her eyes…she will always wait and see thinking ”will he or will he not? is he actually capable of doing this or I am just dreaming…
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by honeric01(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2009
maybe its a hobby lol, how did you both meet if i may ask?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Addicted To Online Dating. by mamagee3(f): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
Addicted to online dating kwa. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Girls Without Bra Partying In Lagos Resurfaces Online / This Is Why Nigerian Girls Dont Squirt (pixs) / Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.