Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? (2339 Views)

10 Strange Things All Men Have Done At Least Once / Why Do Men Have To Work Their Socks Off For Women? / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Pot Belly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by olanna08: 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2009
We all know that Muslims can go up to 4…but how about Christians? And how common is it…
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by THEAMAKA1: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2009
i think this has more to do with the individual, rather than religion.
so my answer, NO.
but some self proclaimed christians probably still engage in this activity, but its not religion.
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by MissyB1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2009
Yes, it has everything to do with Religion and most Importantly, morality.
If he's a Christian . . . .Nah, he can't, 'cause he isn't permitted to.

One man, One woman.
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by henryhemon(m): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2009
@poster,
Christian men will hardly marry several wives cuz its against his religion,so they answer will be no with some very few exceptions and even then they aren't real Christians if they do marry more than one wife.
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by olanna08: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2009
Are they real Christians then when they divorce knowing fully well that they can never remarry in church again?
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by georgee(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2009
My mum's landlord is the pastor of his church and he has 2 wives.
Each with their own separate shops in the house.
WTF undecided
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by THEAMAKA1: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2009
georgee:

My mum's landlord is the pastor of his church and he has 2 wives.
Each with their own separate shops in the house.
WTF undecided
FAKE PASTOR, he needs to be thrown out.
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by olanna08: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
Re the pastor with two wives this is not unheard of. It seems additional/subsequent marriages can be performed traditionally. Several African head of states are known polygamists. Look at Jacob Zuma who cumulates four OFFICIAL wives and four RECOGNIZED fiancées
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by georgee(m): 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

FAKE PASTOR, he needs to be thrown out.

Thrown out of where? His own house or the church?
hisses and walks away

1 Like

Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by THEAMAKA1: 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2009
the church! and they should revoke his license.
but thats how it is in Africa anyway, religion mixed with african traditions.
but i guess thats just the way it is, they can carry on. . .
no be my own.

1 Like

Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by georgee(m): 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

the church! and they should revoke his license.
but thats how it is in Africa anyway, religion mixed with african traditions.
but i guess thats just the way it is, they can carry on. . .
no be my own.

Wat i expected u to have said earlier
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by ozalogbo: 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2009
From the begining he created them male and female, one to one. Polygamy is against the tenets of the christian relgion even thogh some go against it. God's standard does not change
Re: Can Christian Nigerian Men Have Several Wives? by GL(f): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2009
i know several christian men who have more than one wife. mostly in orthodox churches though, cos pentecostal churches frown at polygamy. if a man is already a polygamist u dont expect him to divorce one or more wives because he wants to become a christian. besides the bible says ministers/pastors must be husbands of one wife. i don't think it's a problem with non-minister christians. of course, if u're already a christian u probably can't go after more women than u already have.

(1) (Reply)

No Relationship If You Don't Buy Me Blackberry; Unilag Girls / How Do I Get Rid Of Her? / My Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.