Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Let Love Reign - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let Love Reign (356 Views)

I Have An Idea, Let Love Rule Our Hearts / YULETIDE: Let love lead / Let Love Rule,don't Be Selfish And Arrogant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Love Reign by 2onymontana(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
For me to even attempt to define Love correctly, I’ll have to try and find several words that will include all the components of love which is quite difficult with the use of English language. Other languages use at least three to four words to describe the different kinds of Love that people feel and experience. In Greek (eros, philia, agape), In Latin (amor, delictio, caritas) etc.
However, most people have the tendency to over stress only the sexual or erotic aspect of Love, which often clouds their judgement of Love and how it should be expressed in the context of a relationship and to others.

Having said that, in all fairness to them, the pleasure of the eyes kick starts the beginning of love in their minds, as nobody loves if they haven’t first been delighted by something seen, however I believe that once one has a reasonable understanding of your commitment in love to your spouse, there should be no other justifiable reason, why one’s eyes should find pleasure or delight in anything sexual or erotic towards somebody else other than your partner.

And yes, I understand love is a matter of feelings, and yes, we all might have the tendency to develop loving feelings towards someone else other than our spouse or partner, but we ought to also ensure that our feelings don’t end up becoming a violation of the trust in the relationship or marriage.

There is quite a lot of distance between the first sighting and the first “banging” lol (for those in a committed relationship), a lot of lies and covering up must be strategically or cleverly put in place, and even while we do all that, one is presented with numerous opportunities to say NO or have a change of heart from his/her actions.

Therefore, In exhibiting love, it’s one’s duty to do good to others as within the powers available to us, and yes, we will find differences in love from time to time in respect to the feelings we have towards those who we love, in comparison to how we love ourselves, the truth is, when we choose to love our partners less than we love ourselves, all we develop is a pattern of affection towards them, when we love them just like we love ourselves, we develop a friendship with them, but when we love them more than we love ourselves, we are fully devoted and committed to them and can never wish or cause them any harm. #OurDailyDose

Like my Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/Tonywilliamms/
You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/Tonywilliamss

(1) (Reply)

Story Story / Gcgjhbfctygjhbtyghbrtfg / You Can't Be My Friend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.