Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:30 AM

Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position (700 Views)

Nigeria Loses N224 Billion Revenue To IPOB Sit-At-Home Order - The Guardian / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Will Commit Suicide By Hanging If Nigeria Loses Hope / Nigeria Loses As US Oil Attracts More Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position by ivandragon: 5:36am On Feb 18, 2017
Nigeria loses China’s second biggest trade partner position

Published February 18, 2017

Adelani Adepegba , Abuja

Nigeria has dropped to the fourth position as China ’ s trade partner in Africa from its former second position , the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria , Zhou Pingjian , has said .
The envoy, however , noted that the relationship between the African country and Asian giants had a lot of potential , which could be tapped to the advantage of the two countries .

Speaking during the visit of the House of Representatives Committee on Nigeria -China Relations to the CGCOC headquarters on Friday in Abuja, the envoy stated that his country ’ s desire was for Nigeria to attract massive Foreign Direct Investment , which he said was needed for the country ’ s development .
He disclosed that China had so far attracted over $ 139tn FDI , noting that in 2016 alone , his country attracted about $ 139bn .

“ As Chinese ambassador to Nigeria , I wish a small part of the $ 139bn could come to Nigeria , ” he said , stating that China ’ s policy was focused on the economic development of Africa.

He also said that China was devoted to implementing the outcomes of the China -Africa Cooperation Summit during President Muhammadu Buhari’ s visit to the Asian country in April 2016 .

He said , “ What is important is for us to focus on the big plans ; we see great potential in investments in Nigeria , but Nigeria - China trade is declining fast .
“ Nigeria used to be China ’ s number two trade partner in Africa, but it ’ s now number four . ”

The Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Nigeria -China Relations , Buba Yakubu , said the country would henceforth work on implementing all agreements reached with China .

http://punchng.com/nigeria-loses-chinas-second-biggest-trade-partner-position/
Re: Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position by Thecassanova: 5:38am On Feb 18, 2017
"I wish a small part of the $139bn could come to Nigeria"

No shame, they would soon come borrow $30b cry

I don't understand the guy below me, I think he's high

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position by cbngov01(m): 5:41am On Feb 18, 2017
Idiats!....they wish!them and their economy wrecking products!
Re: Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:46am On Feb 18, 2017
angry embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position by Toosure70: 5:47am On Feb 18, 2017
okay
Re: Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position by Lanretoye(m): 6:47am On Feb 18, 2017
every thing in this country is going down except one thing,PRICES. someone should just help me check the price of a new country on ebay.
Re: Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position by Samunique(m): 7:11am On Feb 18, 2017
Lanretoye:
every thing in this country is going down except one thing,PRICES.
someone should just help me check the price of a new country on ebay.
That's the change APC brought, we have to live with it for now until we are able to correct the grave mistake .
Re: Nigeria Loses China’s Second Biggest Trade Partner Position by Blue3k(m): 7:24am On Feb 18, 2017
Minor set back we'll bounce back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naira Gains While DSS Still Detaining Mr Gbadamosi Who Exposed The Govt Fraud / Almost 200million! Do You Think We Need Population Control In Nigeria? / Infograph: Former Governors On Trial For Corruption Cases In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.