Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife (2798 Views)

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? / Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? / Ladies Would You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife If: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by mamagee3(f): 2:08am On Dec 09, 2009
Ladies, can you encourage your husband to take a second wife for any reason? undecided
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by skfa1: 2:09am On Dec 09, 2009
For what reason ma?
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 2:38am On Dec 09, 2009
I am gonna love this thread.
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by najayi: 4:52am On Dec 09, 2009
I don't think there should be any reason why l should ask my husband to take a second wife. Apart from me, it is not godly at all, God hates this type of idea. You don't need to be a christian before you buy into my advise. Taking another wife is not godly. When God made them from the beginning, he made them male and female; one man and one woman. Not one man two or several women. Telling my wife to take another wife is looking for an early grave for my husband. All the health problems he doesn't develop or has before will be surfacing, because of having two wives instead of one. Also, l will not 'cos l want my children to have a colorful and brighter future and this vision cannot come to frution if another woman apart from me is there. You know what l mean. All of us are from polygamy house and we know what our mothers went through with our fathers. Please, do not and I will never.

1 Like

Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by C2H5OH(f): 4:54am On Dec 09, 2009
@Poster, are you infertile?
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by nnemak(m): 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2009
Se question cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by foyeks2001(f): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2009
for what Nne??
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2009
najayi:

I don't think there should be any reason why l should ask my husband to take a second wife. Apart from me, it is not godly at all, God hates this type of idea. You don't need to be a christian before you buy into my advise. Taking another wife is not godly. When God made them from the beginning, he made them male and female; one man and one woman. Not one man two or several women. Telling my wife to take another wife is looking for an early grave for my husband. All the health problems he doesn't develop or has before will be surfacing, because of having two wives instead of one. Also, l will not 'cos l want my children to have a colorful and brighter future and this vision cannot come to frution if another woman apart from me is there. You know what l mean. All of us are from polygamy house and we know what our mothers went through with our fathers. Please, do not and I will never.

How many wife does Solomon had?
Yet he was blessed.
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by najayi: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2009
Yes, he was, but what happened to him at the last years of his reign? Pls. try to read the whole books of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon. Then you will hear the conclusion of the whole matter. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2009
If a man can take care of more than one and love them both same, then, that will be his own cup of tea
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by najayi: 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2009
He cannot love them both with same love, and that is where the problem lies. Looking at things from the beginning of creation, God made only one woman for one man, He has the ability and power to make two or more for the first man, but he made only one. God is telling us to stick to ONLY ONE WOMAN. From my own experience, people that has only one woman lives longer without much health like high blood pressure, hypertension, depression, etc., and their children climb to the top of the ladders, they might not really be rich,live in big houses, but they have peace of mind while those that two or several are not. Please think about this 'cos this is suppose to be a food for thought for those entering into marriage so they won't make a mistake our fathers have made. kiss shocked cool
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2009
najayi:

He cannot love them both with same love, and that is where the problem lies. Looking at things from the beginning of creation, God made only one woman for one man, He has the ability and power to make two or more for the first man, but he made only one. God is telling us to stick to ONLY ONE WOMAN. From my own experience, people that has only one woman lives longer without much health like high blood pressure, hypertension, depression, etc., and their children climb to the top of the ladders, they might not really be rich,live in big houses, but they have peace of mind while those that two or several are not. Please think about this 'cos this is suppose to be a food for thought for those entering into marriage so they won't make a mistake our fathers have made. kiss shocked cool

But there are some men that can love them both . . . .so wld it be ok, for such men?
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by najayi: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2009
You only see them outside, you didn't go to where they lay their heads to sleep, there are many things happening behind the scene. Do not copy anybody, but stand alone in God and let him lead you, ok? Look for someone that comes from a polygamy home, interview such one and you will be surprised of everything you'll be hearing from the fellow. You can only love one woman at a time with this type of love we are talking about. Think deep on this issue and l pray that God will give you the understanding in Jesus name, amen. kiss shocked cool smiley
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2009
Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by SALady(f): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2009
C2H5OH:

Ohhh! you just killed me with laughter right there please dont do that, tltltl
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by mamagee3(f): 12:59am On Dec 10, 2009
C2H5OH:

Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by C2H5OH(f): 1:01am On Dec 10, 2009
mama-gee:

Lol hey don't be angry that's a valid question. Infertile women usually consider that route when faced with difficultie in their marriages.
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by mamagee3(f): 1:31am On Dec 10, 2009
C2H5OH:

Lol hey don't be angry that's a valid question.  Infertile women usually consider that route when faced with difficultie in their marriages.

How does this thread pertain to a real life event? undecided
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by C2H5OH(f): 1:41am On Dec 10, 2009
Am I psychic? How would you expect me to figure that out? If all threads on nairaland were based on hypothetical situations then your grudge would be understandable.
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by mamagee3(f): 3:42am On Dec 10, 2009
That's why you should respond to the question you're given. tongue
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by C2H5OH(f): 3:45am On Dec 10, 2009
I did. Do I get an A for Effort?
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by agathamari(f): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2009
no self respecting woman would allow her husband to f*ck two or more women.

1 Like

Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by OAM4J: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2009
Most women will never encourage their husband to take a second wife for all reasons. even when they are infertile, they will rather accept adoption than encourage second wife.
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
Women just hate to share.
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by agathamari(f): 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Women just hate to share.
some cultures allow for multiple husbands. would you share your wife?

1 Like

Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
agathamari:

lipsrsealed No comment
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by agathamari(f): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

lipsrsealed No comment
noone likes to share lovers/spouces and no reason they should
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by MrCrackles(m): 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2009
agathamari:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2009
agathamari:

noone likes to share lovers/spouces and no reason they should

But sometimes, it is healthy for the marriage tongue
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by agathamari(f): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

But sometimes, it is healthy for the marriage tongue
sharing is good when it comes to food on the table and children and thier toys. in the bedroom it only leads to issues, hatered, mistrust, insecurities and jelocy

love how guys see nothing wrong with having multiple wives/gf and the wives should "tolerate" it but the idea of sharing her with another man makes thier skin crawl.  shows the double standard

1 Like

Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
Maybe it is cos women are built to deal with pain easier than men. tongue
Re: Can You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife by agathamari(f): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Maybe it is cos women are built to deal with pain easier than men. tongue
im glad to see a man finaly admit that infidelity and polygamy cause pain. i suppose it is a step in the right direction. though they have been scientificaly proven to bear physical pain better then men it is no reason to willingly submit the woman you "love" to emotional or psychological pain (many will say it constitues abuse albiet emotional)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohio Daycare Worker Molested Babies, Filmed One Of Them / What Happens On Wedding Night? / How Can My Father Re-marry Just Six Months After Mum’s Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.