Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie (727 Views)

Party Leaders Swear Oath Barefoot To Remove Buhari / Ateke Tom Sues APC: Pete Edochie, Protesters Storm Court In Support / Pete Edochie & Obiano At The Commissioning Of Stanel World In Awka (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by DONSMITH123(m): 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
Legendary actor, Pete Edochie, has said African leaders are full of deceit and as such, smaller gods should be used to swear them into office rather than the Bible.

The actor, who is currently in Ghana made this known when he paid a courtesy visit to Ghana’s former President, Jerry John Rawlings.

Edochie also noted that he does not only bear resemblance to Rawlings, but sees him as a brother.

The ace actor said, “State officials who swear with the Bible become more corrupt when they are in office.

“God forgives easily, so these officials do not take the oath serious whenever they hold the Bible to swear.

“But the smaller gods are not merciful like the Almighty God who created heaven and earth.

“They should swear with gods so that it will put fear in these corrupt leaders to distance themselves from corruption.”

Speaking further, the actor hinted he sees Ghana as his second home especially that he was born on the 7th of March, a day after the country marks its independence celebration.

He said, “I will be 70 on the 7th of next month and I see Ghana as my second home. I will try to come and commemorate the independence celebration here.

“Everywhere I go, people of Ghanaian origin say I remind them of Rawlings, to the extent my own daughters joined in the fray.

“I agree with people who saw we have the resemblance because I know how I look and seeing him here I have no doubt they are right. It appears we have a lot in common,” Edochie added.

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/21/corruption-forget-bible-let-african-leaders-swear-smaller-gods-pete-edochie/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by madridguy(m): 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
THE CORRUPT PRIESTS WILL STILL CORNER THE PROCESS IN THEIR FAVOR AFTER BANK ALERT tongue SAME WAY OUR IMAMS AND PASTORS ARE DOING.
Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by delishpot: 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dem go still find way to bribe their way out jor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by stephnie1(f): 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
cheesy
Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by nrexzy: 4:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
I agree buh naija politicans fit carry d gods to the other room....

1 Like

Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by DozieInc(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
smiley
Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by DONSMITH123(m): 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

nrexzy:
I agree buh naija politicans fit carry d gods to the other room....
Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by adadike281(f): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Coming from a knight of st mulumba, even Pete have lost hope on our leaders
Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by SageTravels: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
In less than 24hr you will Alternative....... Trust Naija na
Re: Corruption:Forget Bible,Let African Leaders Swear By ‘Smaller Gods’–Pete Edochie by ZZ22: 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
STRAIGHT UP

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria / Reno Replies Amaechi: “rotimi Amaechi: Leave Trash For LAWMA” / Group Gives Buhari Two Weeks Ultimatum To Return To Nigeria Or….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.