Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,552 members, 7,812,762 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians (25062 Views)

"Stop Calling Osinbajo VP, Buhari Is The VP" - Reno Omokri Rants / It Is Wrong To Call Nigeria ‘naija’ - NOA / Stop calling Nigeria ‘Naija’, NOA appeals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by MurderX: 9:57am On Feb 22, 2017
We are ashamed of the corrupt name Nigeria. Infact it is a derogatory name.
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:58am On Feb 22, 2017
Go and tell americans to stop calling California Cali or Los Angeles La, if that one don work then dis one go work.
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by soath(m): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2017
Dyt:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Funny people

If you tell them Nigeria
They be like huh

Just say nijeria and they like OK ok
Tamam

cheesy
Meaning
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2017
chinjo:
Then what is he saying about Buhari that calls Nigeria 'Nijeriya'?

o boy..Kikikikikikikuki

e for make sense if you were FTC
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by samsam2019: 10:07am On Feb 22, 2017
A senseless and directionless government. So this is what they worry about?

Bunch of idiots
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 22, 2017
kiss kiss
Dyt:

Nijeria

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Dyt(f): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2017
Silkmoth33:
kiss kiss

Lunch
angry angry
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 22, 2017
Dyt:

Lunch
angry angry

kiss kiss

Wetin u want chop
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Dyt(f): 10:13am On Feb 22, 2017
Silkmoth33:

kiss kiss

Wetin u want chop

I wish you understand
I could only eat the rice
grin grin grin
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Iseoluwani: 10:15am On Feb 22, 2017
Omagago:
As in Big Brother Naija

As in etisalat 0809ja grin
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by whizcartel(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2017
shey na that one be our problem... Stupid people. Mtchewww!!!
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 22, 2017
angry angry angry

Come make I squeeze ur belle 4 u
Dyt:

I wish you understand
I could only eat the rice
grin grin grin
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Is that the country's problem(s)?....
Eleribu somebody!!
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Dyt(f): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2017
Silkmoth33:
angry angry angry

Come make I squeeze ur belle 4 u

You be lime?
grin grin
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Maximus85(m): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2017
So this will return $1 to N125?
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Maximus85(m): 10:24am On Feb 22, 2017
PMBNG:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2017/02/fg-nigerians-nigeria-naija/

This is what you say when you have nothing significant to contribute to the growth of the country. Naija is our nickname. We love it. There's no country in the world without a nickname.
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Enemyofpeace: 10:35am On Feb 22, 2017
Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Naija

Make una come arrest me mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Enemyofpeace: 10:35am On Feb 22, 2017
Maximus85:

This is what you say when you have nothing significant to contribute to the growth of the country. Naija is our nickname. We love it. There's no country in the world without a nickname.
no mind dem
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by nikz(f): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2017
anibi9674:
is DAT the cause of the recession.
Thank you. I wonder how it will also end the recession If we stop calling Nigeria naija! Clueless govt.
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Hannysmilez(f): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2017
How can I waste a great name like 'Nigeria' on a whack nation?
When they play their parts well by doing their jobs,I'd play my part as a good citizen also. Afterall,#ChangeBeginWithYou

They should be grateful the nickname is funky nd cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 22, 2017
Story
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by DrOkoroafor(m): 11:04am On Feb 22, 2017
This people no get work, i swear.
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by cooljoe(m): 11:14am On Feb 22, 2017
naija. oya I'm in my house, come and beat me. shey som1 travelled to London since nd dint cum bak, weytn una do? mtshew

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by sexyto(m): 11:14am On Feb 22, 2017
so whats wrong in calling nigeria naija,no be pet name.
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by daywatcher: 11:19am On Feb 22, 2017
musicwriter:

Thank you!.

Nigeria is actually a slave name given to us by European slave traders. What the foolish government official don't know is that many African countries already changed their slave names and adopted a new name of their own choice.

Gold Coast was changed to Ghana.
Grain Coast to Liberia.
Upper Volta to Burkina Faso.
Southern Rhodesia to Zimbabwe
Northern Rhodesia to Zambia.
Spanish Guinea to Equatorial Guinea.
Zanziba to Tanzania.
Urundi to Burundi.
Spanish West Africa to Morocco and Western Sahara.
Nyasaland to Malawi.
German South West Africa to Namibia.
Dahomey to Benin Republic.
Kenya Colony to Kenya.
Cape Colony/Batavian Republic to South Africa.
Bechuanaland to Botswana.
Belgian Congo to Democratic Republic of Congo.

Niger-area (Nigeria) is a name used by the British to describe the geographical zone along the river Niger where the British got palm oil, cotton, cocoa, groundnut. Nigeria is a slave name!!!.

Nigerian elites and the so called educated people in this country are the dumbest people on earth!!. The only reason they don't like NAIJA is because it was created by Nigerians in Nigeria. Inferiority complex have them believe Naija is inferior and shouldn't be used. Isn't it a good thing we're trying to change the name the slave masters gave us??

Correct guy. Your head dey there

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by wudpeka(m): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2017
auntysimbiat:
lol
@auntysimbiat, do u mind if we chat on whatsapp? wink
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by aiboss: 11:34am On Feb 22, 2017
Naija nawa o.... grin cheesy
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by swankylay(m): 11:51am On Feb 22, 2017
Obviously, this man and the agency are 'jobless' . We have important issues to address and important issues that needs orientation. He's there saying sh!t. A white woman gave us Nigeria..... Can't we call ourselves "naija"? Balderdash
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Izaya(m): 11:54am On Feb 22, 2017
naija all the way

naijaloaded

ynaija

naijagists

bellanaija

naijatechguide

naijasilvergold

9jabet

naijasoccer....

u cant jt stop naija frm been naija
;Dnaija all the way

naijaloaded

ynaija

naijagists

bellanaija

naijatechguide

naijasilvergold

9jabet

naijasoccer....

u cant jt stop naija frm been naija
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by Rick9(m): 11:56am On Feb 22, 2017
As if that would solve Niaja's Numerous Problems, #Nonsense
Re: Stop Calling Nigeria ‘Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians by freshinko: 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
The name 'Nigeria' in it self is meaningless. It's concocted. Hw can we stick to the original when the original has no meaning. Since the foundation is flawed, wired things are bound to happen. NAIJA carry go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo And APC Governors Land In Kebbi For Policy Synergy Parley (photos) / NTA Responds To Allegation That It Did Not Broadcast Atiku's Event / 2019 Presidency: Why Atiku Will Lose To Buhari In Court – Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.