Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria (50857 Views)

Isaac Fayose Writes Letter To His Brother, Governor Ayodele Fayose / Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ / China Loan: Fayose Hits Back At Oyegun, Sagay, Oni, APC, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by hmuhammad(m): 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has written to the Chinese government, seeking the stoppage of the $2 billion loan being sought by the federal government of Nigeria.

He wrote that “the government of China should be mindful of the fact that Nigerians, irrespective of their political and religious affiliations are totally opposed to increment of the country’s debt burden, which is already being serviced with 25 per cent of the Federal Government annual budget.”

In the letter dated April 12, 2016, with reference number EK/GOV/28/10, addressed to President Xi Jinping of China and delivered by Chief of Staff to the governor, Barrister Dipo Anisulowo in Abuja on Thursday, through the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Gu Xiaojie, Fayose said some of the projects for which the loan was being sought were not captured in the controversial 2016 budget, which has been sent to the President by the National Assembly for his assent.

Anisulowo, who was accompanied by Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Hon Segun Adewumi, Chairman House Committee on Information, Gboyega Aribisogan, Chairman House Committee on Health, Dr Samuel Omotosho and Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said Governor Fayose, who is in China will also deliver a copy of the letter directly to the Chinese President.

The letter read in part: “I write as one of the major stakeholders in the project Nigeria, and a governor of one of the federating units making up Nigeria, to draw your attention to report that the Federal Government of Nigeria is on the verge of obtaining a $2 billion loan from the Export-Import Bank of China.

“This $2 billion loan is part of the N1.84 trillion the Federal Government of Nigeria has proposed to borrow to finance the 2016 budget, which is yet to be signed by the President, Mohammadu Buhari owing to unending controversies between the Executive and Legislative arms of government.

“According to reports, Nigeria desires to raise about $5 billion abroad to cover part of its 2016 budget deficit. This is projected to hit N3 trillion ($15 billion) due to heavy infrastructure spending at a time when the slump in global oil prices has slashed the country’s export revenues.

“While conceding that all nations, especially developing ones need support to be able to grow because no nation is an island, I am constrained to inform you that if the future of Nigeria must be protected, the country does not need any loan at this time.

“The government of China should be mindful of the fact that Nigerians, irrespective of their political and religious affiliations are totally opposed to increment of the country’s debt burden, which is already being serviced with 25 per cent of the Federal Government annual budget.

“It will interest the government of China to know that some of the projects for which the loan is being sought are not captured in the controversial 2016 budget, which has been sent to the President by the National Assembly for his assent. For instance, the Lagos – Calabar Rail project was not included in the budget proposal the President presented to the National Assembly and it was not included in the Appropriation Bill passed by the National Assembly.

“Most importantly, Nigeria is presently servicing debt with about 25 per cent of its annual budget and what will happen to the economy in 2017, when the country will begin to service the additional debt to be incurred this year is better imagined than experienced.

“The Chinese government must also be aware that some western nations approached by the Federal Government for loan diplomatically and cleverly declined.

“This must have been informed by the suspicion in the present government’s capacity to salvage the nation’s economy as well as the sincerity in the fight against corruption. More so that Nigeria’s Foreign Reserve, which is the only guarantee for foreign loan has declined to a very uncomfortable level.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fayose-writes-chinese-govt-not-to-give-loan-to-nigeria/142494.html

[img]http://3.bp..com/-ixWIrOIk_f8/VikQFwk4GiI/AAAAAAACH8Q/0B0sgeJOb8g/s1600/Buhari%2BFayose.png[/img]

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Beeman1(m): 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
What? shocked

Thunder fire Fayose and his supporters.

May him never know peace in his life and generations to come. Useless man who's hatred for Buhari will consume him soon. Id-iot man!

399 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Queennikky(f): 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lol...... This man wicked oooo

Which kind bad belle be this Na.... Shuoo undecided

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by benedictnsi(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
L grin L
Even though I like this Fayose for how he boldly challenge this clueless Era of Buhari’s government.......

But in this case I seriously think Fayose's problem is expedient upon a psychosomatic strain on his glandular globular occasioned by the pragmatic exertion of his medulla. And He also have a neuro-anatomic lesions affecting his reticular activating system which concurrently colludes with a schizo-affective disorder wit bipolar tendencies.

Abeg go for a biopsy...... gringrin

Make una no vex oooo those with low level of understanding grin quoting me..... I simply meant that HIS BRAIN D LEAK

246 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
fayose is now the VOICE of the MASSES

169 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
QUEENNIKKY kiss
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by 1wolex85: 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sometimes, I wonder what is going on in Fayose's brain!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by DEXTROVERT: 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Does
This
Fayose
Smoke
Only
Weed??

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by MrPresident1: 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Honestly, I feel strongly against this loan junket by president Buhari. We are a mono product economy, crude oil our economic mainstay has lost a lot of value in the world market and as cheaper cleaner alternative sources of energy are discovered it will continue to lose rank in the pecking order of global highly sought commodities.

Taking a loan at this time to finance our budget does not make sense, where are we going to get money to pay back? What are the terms of the loans? Is anybody watching out for the interest of ordinary Nigerians? When poo hits the fan, no one will be spared, including those among us who have refused to be objective about this government.

Crude oil will continue to lose value, it will never be $100/barrel again.

Are we being enslaved to the Chinese?

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by shamsuRana(m): 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
Unfortunately, Chinese government don't listen to rascals.

218 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by fabraham(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
The noise maker is at it again

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by yarimo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
EFCC please file a corruption case against fayose since he is currently in china, so that china government will take over the case.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by gbens2000(m): 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
Very funny.
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by kunlexy1759(m): 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Why this Fayose doesn't mind his Ekiti state business? He is turning to be smthing else o

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lol... Fayose our mentor!!

He will be our Vice president 2019!!

God bless Fayose

God bless Sheriff

God bless PDP

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by 2sydoflyf(m): 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Kai! This man don go tell the world say dem pad we budget o! Cos as China don hear the world do hear be dat. Anyways I dey wait 4 the china version of that letter make I buy.

On a more serious note, vibrant opposition is the beauty of democracy.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Beeman1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
Shataap there u Ipod. Any enemy of our dear nation will never find peace including people like you and fayose.

God bless Nigeria.

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
Beeman1:
Shataap there u Ipod. Any enemy of our dear nation will never find peace including people like you and fayose.

God bless Nigeria.
undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Beeman1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
shamsuRana:
chinese government don't even know the Id*iot. I swear this man is mad.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by hmuhammad(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Lol... Fayose our mentor!!

He will be our Vice president 2019!!

God bless Fayose

God bless Sheriff

God bless PDP
you are truly a bush boy, you think yorubas will choose fayose over Osinbajo? You also think North will choose sheriff over PMB?
No northern candidate can stand PMB in north and Nigeria, PMB shall govern Nigeria till 2023. If you are not comfortable with it, just relocate to Djibouti

192 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Fmartin(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mr stomach infrastructure, e no go epp u..

Waste of time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Beeman1(m): 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

undecided
I expected u to be reasonable na. Why allowing your hatred for 1person affect a project of over 180m people

17 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
Queennikky:
Lol...... This man wicked oooo

Which kind bad belle be this Na.... Shuoo undecided
I'm confuse bro, I dey laugh ooooo shocked shocked grin

5 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by modath(f): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

The deranged & post electoral defeat embittered masses? Yep, he is not only the voice, he is also the head!! smiley

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 2:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
hmuhammad:
you are truly a bush boy, you think yorubas will choose fayose over Osinbajo? You also think North will choose sheriff over PMB?
No candidate can stand PMB in north

Who is Osinbajo? shocked

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
Fayose has taken his madness to another level. The elders in Ekiti should call him to order.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
shamsuRana:

The Chinese govt have a listen ear, is like you wanting to borrow me some monies and someone who knows me so well, came and convinced you never to lend out to me, with valid points to backup his/her claims.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Dinocarex(m): 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
Believe me... Fayose is unnecessarily causing nuisance not because he loves Nigeria.
He is fighting for his own political future ambition.

Somebody should Mark this, if his Vice Presidency dream doesn't come through, he is running for Senate.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Queennikky(f): 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
QUEENNIKKY kiss
Yes What is it O gini
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
Queennikky:

Yes What is it O gini
Do you know how beautiful you are, and if you don't let me know to tell how?? kiss
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by VivianUdeogu(f): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
How I wish Fayose can rule us in Igboland. Fayose is greater than all the Governors in Igboland. Fayose is greater than Governor Willie Obiano

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by hmuhammad(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
IVORY2009:

Who is Osinbajo? shocked
He's our vice president that makes it possible for the Ineffectual Buffoon to be kicked out of office.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Names Of Beneficiaries Of CBN Illegal Recrutiment+photos - Sahara Reporters / Governor Fayose Welcomes Osinbajo To Ekiti (Photos) / Atiku And Soludo’s Campaign Posters Spotted In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.