Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December (3197 Views)

Happy Hanukkah 2015 – The Jewish Festival Of Lights / Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket / Is The Jewish God Yahweh Really The Devil In Disguise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2009
I would now amend my post to remove all references to my opposition to the issue of Hannukah . . .

@Chukwudi, @Lady and @Eden Okon . . .

1. You were correct and I was wrong . . .about Hakkunah being mentioned in the New Testament . . .

2. I still do not believe in the Apocryha based on my earlier given reasons. . .
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Yisraylite(m): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2009
@ No Atheism

On point! smiley the book of maccabes is insuficient to justify any of Chukwu44 cliams, The Vactican compiled the book known today as the Bible, some compilations have the book of Enoch,Esdras, maccabes etc while some don't, none of these books were found within the dead sea scrolls The law is the doctrinal foundation and intructional standard for all and it is perfect so there is no need for any other books of instruction

Psa 19:7   The law of YAHAWAH [is] perfect, converting the person: the testimony of YAHAWAH [is] sure, making wise the simple.  

Psa 19:8   The statutes of YAHAWAH [are] right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of YAHAWAH [is] pure, enlightening the eyes.  

Psa 19:9   The reverence of YAHAWAH [is] clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of YAHAWAH [are] true [and] righteous altogether.  

Psa 19:10   More to be desired [are they] than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.  

Psa 19:11   Moreover by them is thy servant warned: [and] in keeping of them [there is] great reward

Psa 111:10 The reverence of YAHAWAH [is] the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever

NO Command to observe Hannukah in the Original testament!!!
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2009
@NO2ATHEISM

Could you please explain whu Jesus attended the jewish feast of hanukkah and why we christians don't deservr to know anything about this feast.

You are now begining to see the importance of Judas macabees in jewish history.

The prophecy was actually given by Daniel,he prophesised about the desolation of the temple by a greek ruler who would arise from one of the four horns that arose after the first greek horn fell.

When alexander the great died just like daniel prophesised ,his kingdom was divided into four parts and the kings that arose therein were not related to him as daniel rightly prophesied.

He also stated that a king would arose out of one of these four kingdoms who would stretch his hand against the lords temple in order to defile it.This prophecy was fulfiled when Antiochus epiphanes defiled the temple in 167CE by placing the greek god zeus at the holies of holies .It took the courageous effort of Judad macabees to uproot this abominable act and rededicate the temple .He was also the one who instituited this feast of the rededicaton or hanukkah
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
chukwudi44:

@NO2ATHEISM

Could you please explain whu Jesus attended the jewish feast of hanukkah and why we christians don't deservr to know anything  about this feast.

You are now begining to see the importance of  Judas macabees in jewish history.

The prophecy was actually given by Daniel,he prophesised about the desolation of the temple by a greek ruler who would arise from one of the four horns that arose after the first greek horn fell.

When alexander the great died just like daniel prophesised ,his kingdom was divided into four parts and the kings  that arose therein were not related to him as daniel rightly prophesied.

He also stated that a king would arose out of one of these four kingdoms who would stretch his hand against the lords temple in order to defile it.This prophecy was fulfiled when Antiochus epiphanes defiled the temple in 167CE by placing the greek god zeus at the holies of holies .It took the courageous effort of Judad macabees to uproot this abominable act and rededicate the temple .He was also the one who instituited this feast of the rededicaton or hanukkah

@chukwudi . . .

- Seems like you want to enjoy the moment hey . . .  grin grin grin

- Notice that my reference for knowing that you were right was based on the New Testament and not on the Apocrypha . . .

- As far as I am concerned Apocrypha is heretical . . . hence Maccabees is of no consequence to me as a person . . . end of story . , 

- I am not denying the prophecy of Daniel . . .

- Instead it is the lack of authenticity of the Apocrypha that I am talking about . . .

- As far as I know, The Messiah and The Disciples did not quote the Apocrypha . . . that in itself says a lot.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
chukwudi44:

@NO2ATHEISM

Could you please explain whu Jesus attended the jewish feast of hanukkah and why we christians don't deservr to know anything about this feast.

You are now begining to see the importance of Judas macabees in jewish history.

When alexander the great died just like daniel prophesised ,his kingdom was divided into four parts and the kings that arose therein were not related to him as daniel rightly prophesied.

- Notice that[b] I only admitted that Hannukah was mentioned in the Bible and hence was celebrated during the time[/b] of The Messiah.

- The New Testament itself did not say The Messiah Himself was celebrating the Hannukah . . .all the verses I quoted told us is that during the time of the Hannukah . . . so so and so thing happened.

- Please be careful about reading meanings into my statements . . .and what the Bible literarily said.

- I still concede that you were right and that I was wrong and that Hannukah was mentioned and celebrated during The time of the Messiah.

- Nevertheless please be careful to note that this does not mean that I am saying that the Messiah Himself celebrated the Hannukah.

It is very easy to read meanings into the Bible . . . without even knowing it Notice what I am saying from the verses below:

John 10 : 22

22 ¶ And[b] it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication[/b], and it was winter.

23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

Notice that the verses do not say that The Messiah was celebrating the feast of dedication itself . . . all I can clearly see from that verses is that: during the time of the feast of dedication (which was in winter time), then so so and so things happened.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
-
Seems like you want to enjoy the moment hey . . .    

- Notice that my reference for knowing that you were right was based on the New Testament and not on the Apocrypha . . .

- As far as I am concerned Apocrypha is heretical . . . hence Maccabees is of no consequence to me as a person . . . end

Are you really human or a computer programmed to behave in a particular way ? cant you just reason ?why do you think that made Jesus attend the feast of hanukkah? who the Bleep compiled the bible ?

mind you the bible and the scripture do not really mean the same thing.

Notice that the verses do not say that The Messiah was celebrating the feast of dedication itself

where in that quotation did it say he did not celebrate it.The bible already indicates the validity of the feast,the onus is now on you to proove from the bible that Jesus did not celebrate this feast.Why t would Jesus not celebrate the feast,when he was physically prsent at the celebration venue?

let me repeat here what I posted for you in the christmas thread

MIND YOU THE TERMS BIBLE AND SCRIPTURE DO NOT MEAN THE SAME THING AS THE BIBLE IS ONLY A COLLECTION OF CANONISED SCRIPTURES.

THE CATHOLIC BIBLE IS A COLLECTION OF SCRIPTURES CANONISED BY THE SYNOD OF HIPPO IN 393 CE,WHILE THE PROTESTANT CANON IS A HYBRID COMBINATION OF THE CANON BY THE JEWISH CONCIL OF JAMNIA HELD IN 90CE AND THE CATHOLIC NT FROM THE SYNOD OF HIPPO IN 393.

THE BIBLE DID NOT EXIST BEFORE THE SYNOD OF HIPPO,WHAT THE EARLY ISREALITES AND THE APOSTLES USED WAS SEPERATE COLLECTIONS OF SCRIPTURES WHICH WAS FAR MORE THAN THE CANONISED SCRIPTURES ,SOME OF WHICH HAS BEEN LOST.

THE SEPTUAGINT WHICH WAS THE BASIS OF THE CATHOLIC AND ORTHODOX OT WAS QUOTED BY THE APOSTLES ,IT WAS ACTUALLY DISCOVERED THAT OVER 70% OF THE OT QUOTATIONS FOUND IN THE NT WERE TAKEN FROM THE SEPTUAGINT.

Mind you the accounts of macabees are also backed up by secular historians of that era most notable JOSEPHUS wrote about that in his work the jewish wars
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2009
chukwudi44:

Are you really human or a computer programmed to behave in a particular way ? cant you just reason ?[/b]why do you think that made Jesus attend the feast of hanukkah? [b]who the bleep compiled the bible ?

- Temper temper . . .  grin grin grin

- Remember Chukwudi no insults . . .  grin grin grin grin

- Yes you are welcome  . . .

- So are you now saying that you are no longer saying the Catholic church created the Bible . . .are you now saying that they compiled the Bible. . . please clarify grin grin

mind you the bible and the scripture do not really mean the same thing.

where in that quotation did it say he did not celebrate it.The bible already indicates the validity of the feast,the onus is now on you to proove from the bible that Jesus did not celebrate this feast.Why t would Jesus not celebrate the feast,when he was physically prsent at the celebration venue?

- I do not have to proof anything . . . because I am not the one that said The Messiah was celebrating . . .you were the one that said the Messiah was celebrating Hakkunah . . . so am sorry but you are not allowed to switch the burden of proof . . .  grin grin grin

- All that the Bible told us is that The Messiah was in the Temple in Jerusalem at the time of the Feast of Dedication . . .you are the one that is interpreting it to mean that it means the Messiah was celebrating the feast itself.

- Cus I am in Manchester does not make me a Manchester united fan . . .

- Cus I also do not go to the office on December 25th does not mean that I am also celebrating Christmas. . .

PLEASE NOTE THAT BEING IN THE TEMPLE DURING THAT PARTICULAR PERIOD DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE MESSIAH WAS CELEBRATING HAKKUNAH.

Unless you have proof that it does . . .please tender the proof . . . . grin grin grin grin

Because RCCG church members also gather together around Christmas time does not mean that they are celebrating christmas . . .
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Lady234: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

I would now amend my post to remove all references to my opposition to the issue of Hannukah . . .

@Chukwudi, @Lady and @Eden Okon . . .

1. You were correct and I was wrong . . .about Hakkunah being mentioned in the New Testament . . .

2. I still do not believe in the Apocryha based on my earlier given reasons. . .

Apologies accepted. Will you celebrate Hanukkah.
By the way have you used www.bing.com today you would have seen how a menorah looks like.

What if the feast of Dedication was not recorded in John would you have observed Hanukkah.
Happy Hanukkah
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2009
I would advise you to go study about the septuagint and it's importance in early christian history.I hope your intense hatred for the catholic church would not prevent you from making an objective analysis of the whole situation.

The septuagint which contained the so called apocryphal books was quoted by the NT writers in over 60% of the OT  quotrations in the NT.It was the recognised canon by the christians even long before the synod of hippo in 393CE.

TAKE A LOOK OF SOME OF THESE QUOTATIONS FROM WIKIPEDIA

LXX is quoted by the New Testament and by the Apostolic Fathers.

The discovery of many Biblical fragments in the Dead Sea scrolls that agree with the Septuagint rather than the Masoretic Text proved that many of the variants in Greek were also present in early Semitic manuscripts.[18]

Many of the oldest Biblical fragments among the Dead Sea Scrolls, particularly those in Aramaic, correspond more closely with the LXX than with the Masoretic text (although the majority of these variations are extremely minor, e.g. grammatical changes, spelling differences or missing words, and do not affect the meaning of sentences and paragraphs).[2][19][20] This confirms the scholarly consensus that the LXX represents a separate Hebrew-text tradition from that which was later standardized as the Masoretic text.[

The Early Christian Church used the Greek texts since Greek was a lingua franca of the Roman Empire at the time, and the language of the Greco-Roman Church (Aramaic was the language of Syriac Christianity, which used the Targums). In addition the Church Fathers tended to accept Philo's account of the LXX's miraculous and inspired origin. Furthermore, the New Testament writers, when citing the Jewish scriptures or when quoting Jesus doing so, freely used the Greek translation, implying that the Apostles and their followers considered it reliable

FOR MORE SEE THE LINK BELOW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagint#cite_note-17

http://europeanhistory.about.com/od/religionandthought/p/prseptuagint.htm
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2009
Lady 234:

Apologies accepted. Will you celebrate Hanukkah.
By the way have you used www.bing.com today you would have seen how a menorah looks like.

What if the feast of Dedication was not recorded in John would you have observed Hanukkah.
Happy Hanukkah

- I would not have believed that is was mentioned in the bible . . .

- Yes I am now using Bing . . .cus i heard they are less snoopy than google as i don't want google collecting and saving all my personal information (which i suspect they have been doing)

- Good to hear that you acceptted the apology.

- The thing about me is that I am a strict Bible person . . .I hate and dislike doing things cus others are doing . . . I need to have a reason for doing something . . . most especially if such a thing has spiritual consequences. Hence cus people celebrate something does not mean I am also going to celebrate it.

As far as I am concerned, I need to see proof that such a celebration is biblical.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2009
- So are you now saying that you are no longer saying the Catholic church created the Bible . . .are you now saying that they compiled the Bible. . . please clarify  

When I said that the catholic church created the bible I never ment that the catholic church wrote all the scriptutres .

Some scriptures liket he OT  were written long before the christianity and could not have been written by the catholic church.

When I said the catholic church created the bible what I ment was that it was the catholic church that selected a number scriptures put it in one piece and now gave it the name bible.

Before then there was nothing like bible, what we had were just seperate scriptures which was far more than the 66 you protestants used or even the 73 used by catholics today.

The categorization was done just to avoid confusion and the no of books canonised were 73 ,46 in the OT and 27 in the NT.

The protestants actually used the same canon as the catholics until 1885 whenthe archbishop of canterbury ordered the removal of those 7 books because they were not canonised by the jewish council of jamnia in 90CE.

mind you this council also rejected Jesus and the entire NT.

IF YOU WANT TO ABIDE BY THE REOLUTIONS OF THESE COUNCIL YOU ALSO HAVE TO GO AHEAD AND REJECT JESUS AND THE ENTIRE NT.

WHAT THE PROTESTANTS HAVE TODAY IS  A MIXTURE OF THE JEWISH CANON AND THE CATHOLIC NT.THIS IS WHAT I CALL THE HYBRID CANONN
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
chukwudi44:

When I said that the catholic church created the bible I never ment that the catholic church wrote all the scriptutres .

Catholic church did not even write any part of the Bible (except maybe your own catholic version of the bible  undecided) . . . so I think you have to do another correction one more time . . .

Thank you . . . grin
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Yisraylite(m): 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
@ Chukwudi44

Here some abstract quotes from the people you seem to keep on defending

43 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"It was the Catholic Church which, by the authority of JESUS CHRIST, has transferred this [Sabbath] rest to the Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Thus the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the [Catholic] Church." Louis Gaston de Segur, Plain Talk About The Protestantism of To-day (Boston: Patrick Donahoe, 1868), p. 225.

44 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"Protestantism, in discarding the authority of the [Catholic] Church, has no good reason for its Sunday theory, and ought, logically, to keep Saturday as the Sabbath. , " John Gilmary Shae, "The Observance of Sunday and Civil Laws for Its Enforcement," The American Catholic Quarterly Review, 8 (January, 1883), 152.

45 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"The (Catholic) Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her Founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant, claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday. In this matter the Seventh Day Adventist is the only consistent Protestant." "The Question Box," The Catholic Universe Bulletin, 69 (August 14, 1942), 4.

46 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"The Israelite respects the authority of the Old Testament only, but the [Seventh-day] Adventist, who is a Christian, accepts the New Testament on the same ground as the Old, viz: an inspired record also. He finds that the Bible, his teacher, is consistent in both parts, that the Redeemer, during His mortal life never kept any other day than Saturday. The Gospels plainly evince to Him this fact; whilst, in the pages of the Acts of the Apostles, the Epistles and the Apocalypse, not the vestige of an act canceling the Saturday arrangement can be found." Editorial, The Catholic Mirror (Baltimore), September 2, 189
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by agathamari(f): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
to lady 234 happy Chanukah and many blessings to you

no2atheism i love how you claim to be agaisnt insulting people while you have dont it many times

to those trying to disprove anothers religion using your own as proof - get over yourselves already. everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs. they are not hurting you nor are they trying to force you ro believe thier way. does it realy cause you such pain just to say thank you to someone wishing you a happy holiday whatever it may be?

to all Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Blessed Yule, Happy Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Al-Hijira, Merry Las Posadas, Frohe Weihnachten, Happy Diwali, Happy La Befana, Happy Ashura, Merry O-Shogatsu, Merry St Lucia's Day, Happy Beiwe Festival, Happy Dōngzhì Festival, Merry Junkanoo, Happy Makara Sankranti, Blessed Meán Geimhridh, Blessed Şeva Zistanê, Happy Saturnalia and any other i missed
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2009
agathamari:

to lady 234 happy Chanukah and many blessings to you

no2atheism i love how you claim to be agaisnt insulting people while you have dont it many times

- I apologise if i have insulted you before . . . but sincerely speaking  . . . I constantly watch my words and statements to make sure that I do not insult anyone on nairaland.

- Yes I know i have done it a few times . . .hence why I don't usually hesitate to correct those insulting statements or offer apologies in arrears.

- I agree that I can be quite assertive and blunt at times . . . but other than that, I usually go out of my way to ensure that I don't insult people on nairaland.

to those trying to disprove anothers religion using your own as proof - get over yourselves already.  everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs.  they are not hurting you nor are they trying to force you ro believe thier way.  does it realy cause you such pain just to say thank you to someone wishing you a happy holiday whatever it may be? 

to all Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Blessed Yule, Happy Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Al-Hijira, Merry Las Posadas, Frohe Weihnachten, Happy Diwali, Happy La Befana, Happy Ashura, Merry O-Shogatsu, Merry St Lucia's Day, Happy Beiwe Festival, Happy Dōngzhì Festival, Merry Junkanoo, Happy Makara Sankranti, Blessed Meán Geimhridh, Blessed Şeva Zistanê, Happy Saturnalia and any other i missed

grin grin grin Hope you know am against most if not all of that . . . grin grin grin
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by agathamari(f): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^^^^ you have to me several times and im not looking for any apologies just making you aware

and 1/4 of those are christian holidays from other countries and many are non religious (cultural or lunar harvest type)
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2009
agathamari:

^^^^^ you have to me several times and im not looking for any apologies just making you aware

and 1/4 of those are christian holidays from other countries and many are non religious (cultural or lunar harvest type)

In all sincerity . . . I don't remember insulting you  . . . probably because its not really in my nature to do that. . . when discussing with people. Hence imagine the suprise when you even say I insulted you several times.

Nevertheless, I apologise for insulting you . . .

-------------------------------------------

Holiday or not . . . is not what I am talking about . . . the issue here is that is such an holiday scriptural or not . . . 

Most people do not realise that our every actions have spiritual meanings and consequences. . . hence cus someone said something is an holiday does not mean peopel should be ignorant of what it really entails nor does it mean people should just go ahead and observe.

It is written:

TO HIM THAT KNOWEST HOW TO DO GO AND DOEST IT NOT, IT IS SIN.

Hence it is sinful for someone like me to keep quiet when I know most of these so called holidays are nothing more than mere re-branded pagan worship days or methods.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by agathamari(f): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^^^ this is usualy the point where we start . . . .    yes we all know how you feel about your religion and thats fine and all but all she is saying is have a happy chanukah.  if she began quoting the torah or someone else quoting the quran or any other holy book when you say merry christmas you would be in arms.  leave it be.  let her have her holiday.  simply say thank you and same to you.  it does you absolutly no harm whatso ever to be tolerant of another person.

and as for the "rebranded" pagan holidays i suggest you look up  Pope Gregory the First.  in 601 CE (though common for 200 years prior) he issued a now famous edict to his missionaries concerning the native beliefs and customs of the peoples he hoped to convert. they should take thier current beliefs and make them holy.  example if they pray to a tree, consecrate the tree.    many scholors believe jesus was born in late spring since no date is actualy listed and yule the major obstical to roman expansion of christianity fell in late december (dec 22-26 depending on lunar cycle).   besides most christmas traditions are actualy adopted from yule.  the nativity is the only purely christian symbol.  every major "pagan" holiday of europe has a christain holiday that falls with a day or two. the "pagan" holidays out date the christian by thousandsof years
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^^^ this is usualy the point where we start

If its not the biblical truth then its nothing like the biblical truth . . . as far as I am concerned, its the biblical standards or nothing . . . no offense.

agathamari:

and as for the "rebranded" pagan holidays i suggest you look up Pope Gregory the First. in 601 CE (though common for 200 years prior) he issued a now famous edict to his missionaries concerning the native beliefs and customs of the peoples he hoped to convert. they should take thier current beliefs and make them holy.

- Which means it should not be a problem to take the beliefs of cannibals and then also make it holy . . . you yourself you know that the statement highlighted above is not okay.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by agathamari(f): 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

If its not the biblical truth then its nothing like the biblical truth . . . as far as I am concerned, its the biblical standards or nothing . . . no offense.
- Which means it should not be a problem to take the beliefs of cannibals and then also make it holy . . . you yourself you know that the statement highlighted above is not okay.
im not your issue here. you want to quote your faith as the supreme high and mighty then you should know its history and how political/spiritual system that was the foundation of the spread and "adaptations" of the church. if you have issues with the edicts of said faih take it up with your spiritual advisor. all i bring to the conversation is historical facts not spiritual beliefs
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2009
agathamari:

im not your issue here. you want to quote your faith as the supreme high and mighty then you should know its history and how political/spiritual system that was the foundation of the spread and "adaptations" of the church. if you have issues with the edicts of said faih take it up with your spiritual advisor. all i bring to the conversation is historical facts not spiritual beliefs

- Okay . . .

- yes you correct you are not my issue.

- In terms of historical facts . . . there was no precedents by the Disciples that Christmas should be done . . .it was instituted later by heretics who were trying to incorporate other religions into the church by making and re-branding pagan beliefs as "holy" lipsrsealed

- We cannot isolate historical facts independent of spiritual truth cus what it all boils down to is not emotion nor is it intellectual rather it all boils down to salvation of the soul. Salvation is not an emotional nor is it intellectual nor is it historical issue instead it is a spiritual matter that hence all our discussions must be done with salvation in mind.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by agathamari(f): 9:38pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^^^ maybe you can explaine to me what the hell is up with this.  if chistianity and islam and there is another one forgive me i cant remeber its name are all technicaly speaking branches of judism why in gods name do you all hate each other so much?
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
agathamari:

^^^^ maybe you can explaine to me what the hell is up with this.  of chistianity and islam and there is another one forgive me i cant remeber its name are all technicaly speaking branches of judism why in gods name do you all hate each other so much?

EDIT:

- I do not believe that I hate anyone . . .

- I just am not politically correct . . . I TRY TO SPEAK THE BLUNT TRUTH TO MYSELF AND TO ANYONE .
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by agathamari(f): 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

- I do not believe that I hate anyone . . .

- I just am not politically correct . . . I SPEAK THE BLUNT TRUTH TO MYSELF AND TO ANYONE .

im speaking generly.

i dont give a sh1t about political correctness
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by No2Atheism(m): 9:45pm On Dec 11, 2009
agathamari:

im speaking generly.

i [b]dont give a sh1t [/b]about political correctness

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by agathamari(f): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
that is the answer to my question? i give up
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 12, 2009
Catholic church did not even write any part of the Bible (except maybe your own catholic version of the bible ) . . . so I think you have to do another correction one more time . . .

If I say you are a fool it would not be an insult but a fact.You did not eveen bother to contest any of my assertions rather you only quoted where I said catholics did not write the OT.

Like I said before there was nothing like bible for almost 400 years,it was the catholic church tat selected some set of scriptures grouped them together into one piece and gave it he name bible.Hence the bible was created by the catholic church but some scriptures like the OT has always existed before the catholic church.

mind you all the gospel writers were anonymous likewise the acts of the apostles,letters of John and the letter to the hebrews.It was the catholic church determined the authors of these books through sacred apostolic tradition.

All the apostolic fathers like clement of rome,polycarp of Smyrna,Irneaus of lyons tertullian of carthage attested toi the fact that the church of rome was founded by peter and paul.

If in the end these men turn out o be liars as you peope claim,then all of us (christins) are going down since there equally were the ones who determined the authors of the gospels.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2009
43 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"It was the Catholic Church which, by the authority of JESUS CHRIST, has transferred this [Sabbath] rest to the Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Thus the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the [Catholic] Church." Louis Gaston de Segur, Plain Talk About The Protestantism of To-day (Boston: Patrick Donahoe, 1868), p. 225.

44 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"Protestantism, in discarding the authority of the [Catholic] Church, has no good reason for its Sunday theory, and ought, logically, to keep Saturday as the Sabbath. , " John Gilmary Shae, "The Observance of Sunday and Civil Laws for Its Enforcement," The American Catholic Quarterly Review, 8 (January, 1883), 152.

45 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"The (Catholic) Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her Founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant, claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday. In this matter the Seventh Day Adventist is the only consistent Protestant." "The Question Box," The Catholic Universe Bulletin, 69 (August 14, 1942), 4.

46 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"The Israelite respects the authority of the Old Testament only, but the [Seventh-day] Adventist, who is a Christian, accepts the New Testament on the same ground as the Old, viz: an inspired record also. He finds that the Bible, his teacher, is consistent in both parts, that the Redeemer, during His mortal life never kept any other day than Saturday. The Gospels plainly evince to Him this fact; whilst, in the pages of the Acts of the Apostles, the Epistles and the Apocalypse, not the vestige of an act canceling the Saturday arrangement can be found." Editorial, The Catholic Mirror (Baltimore), September 2, 189

Nobody is contesting the fact tha the sabath was on a saturday,pope sylvester 1 exercised the authourity given to Peter in mattew 16 when Jesus told Peter "whatever you bind on earth is bond in heaven,whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven ".It was on The basis of this authourity that sylvester 1 as te successor of st Peter inheritd this authority and transfered the sabath to sunday because sunday was the day Jesus rose fro the death.

The protestants have no basis for sunday worship since they don't recognise the authourity of the pope.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Yisraylite(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2009
@ Chukwudi44

The protestants have no basis for sunday worship since they don't recognise the authourity of the pope.

The so called mother church was formed over a 1000 years before any reformation,rebellion, protest or revolt took place. Every church on this Earth is in one form or another the offspring  or daughter of the Roman catholic mother church, They have set the doctrinal foundation and dogma for all churches, if you observe Sunday worship (Die Solis the venerable day of the conquering Sun) Christmas, Easter,believe in the Jesus Fable, the immaculate conception, Baptism, Holy communion, The Rapture or pugatory, going to Heaven,people burning in Hell etc, then you are under the authority of  Catholic Church, whether you label yourself a christian, protestant, messianic Jew etc make no difference, b'cos none of these doctrines came from the LAW or The Prophets! The Creator does not approve of Human Sacfrice so why would He go against His own Laws by allowing His so called Son to be sacrificed for the sins of mankind? No where in the Law or in The Prophets is the Name Jesus Christ ever mentioned,but rather The Creator refers to Yisrayl as His Son:

Ex 4:22 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says YAHAWAH: "Yisrayl is My son, My firstborn. 

Ex 4:23 So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn."

Hsa 11:1 "When Yisrayl was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called My son.

Psa 89:20   I HAVE FOUND MY SERVANT DAWAD(The BRANCH of Yishai – see Isa 11:1); With MY HOLY OIL I HAVE ANOINTED HIM,

Psa 89:27   AND I WILL MAKE HIM  MY FIRSTBORN, higher than of the kings of the earth.

Psa 2:7 "I will declare the decree: YAHAWAH has said to Me (Yisrayl-,spoken by King Dawad, AYAH'S anointed king over Yisrayl), 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

THe Creator also Identifies Ephraim , one of the Twelve tribes of the Nation Yisrayl as HIS Son and Also first born,

Yer(Jer) 31:9 They shall come with weeping, And with supplications I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters, In a straight way in which they shall not stumble; For I am a Father to Yisrayl, And Ephraim [is] My firstborn.

Yer(Jer) 31:20 [Is] Ephraim My dear son? [Is he] a pleasant child? For though I spoke against him, I earnestly remember him still; Therefore My heart yearns for him; I will surely have mercy on him, says YAHAWAH

THERE IS NO HISTORY OR RECORD IN THE LAW OR IN THE PROPHETS WHERE THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR MENSTIONS THE NAME JESUS CHRIST AND REFERS TO HIM AS HIS ONLY SON!!!!

YOU WILL ONLY FIND THIS FORGERY IN THE FAKE NEW TESTAMENT

Eze 37:24   "Dawad My servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd; they shall also walk in My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them

Eze 34:23   "I will establish one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them--My servant Dawad. He shall feed them and be their shepherd.

Eze 37:25   "Then they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaa’qob My servant, where your fathers dwelt; and they shall dwell there, they, their children, and their children's children, forever; and My servant Dawad shall be their prince forever

Amo 9:11   "On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of Dawad, which has fallen down, and repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, and rebuild it as in the days of old

1Ch 28:4   "However YAHAWAH The Father of Yisrayl chose me (Dawad) above all the house of my father to be king over Yisrayl forever, for HE has chosen Yahadah to be the Ruler. And of the house of Yahadah, the house of my father, and among the sons of my father, He was pleased with me to make me king over all Yisrayl

Hos 3:5   Afterward the children of Yisrayl shall return and seek YAHAWAH  their FATHER and Dawad their king. And will Reverence YAHAWAH and His Righteousness in the latter days.

Yer(Jer) 30:9   But they shall serve YAHAWAH their Father, and Dawad their king, WHOM I WILL RAISE UP FOR THEM

Isa 52:15   So shall He startle many nations. Kings shall shut their mouths at Him; For what had not been told them they shall see, and what they had not heard they shall consider.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2009
It is really amazing that you jewish folks are stillting the comming of the messiah almost 2000 years after he came and fulfilled his mission.

All the prophets from Moses,David,Isaiah accurately foretold the comming of Jesus christ.You Jews just ssimply misunderstood the message,you were obviously expecting a warrior kind of messiah who would physically fight against your enemies.

The messiah came down to suffer ,die and pay the ultimate price for our salvation ,this was explicitly prophesied by Isaiah and other prophets.

The messiah you are still waiting for has come and gone,better beleive the message now and convert to christianity before it is too late.
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by Lady234: 5:10pm On Dec 17, 2009
chukwudi44:

It is really amazing that you jewish folks are stillting the comming of the messiah almost 2000 years after he came and fulfilled his mission.

All the prophets from Moses,David,Isaiah accurately foretold the comming of Jesus christ.You Jews just ssimply misunderstood the message,you were obviously expecting a warrior kind of messiah who would physically fight against your enemies.

The messiah came down to suffer ,die and pay the ultimate price for our salvation ,this was explicitly prophesied by Isaiah and other prophets.

The messiah you are still waiting for has come and gone,better beleive the message now and convert to christianity before it is too late.

@ Chukwudi44
Yisraylite is not a Jew. He even calls Judaism crap and says Jews(Israel) are not the choosen people of Elohim. However its surprising that Yisraylite uses the Torah(Old Testament). I pity him.

@ Yisraylite
Dear Yisraylite on nairaland you need to give your life to Christ and accept him as your personal Lord and Saviour to be SAVED. Stop promoting anti-Judaism and anti-Christianity.

Shalom Shalom. Lady 234
Re: Hanukkah( The Jewish Festival Of Lights) Starts On 12th December by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
@ Lady 234,

You need to see how Avi Lipkin, a Jewish Rabbi teaches on bridging the gaps between Jews, Christians and their God in the video clip below, he made some shocking expositions:

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qgbWMEedJM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. / Babalawo: How To Know A Real Babalawo / I Have Told Her To Go: Pls, I Am Guilty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.